Author Topic: Shrek 3-D  (Read 3772 times)

Offline allanmandy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Shrek 3-D
« on: Dec 17, 2004 at 04:30 PM »
Has anyone bought the newly released Shrek 3D DVD? The 3D glasses block the DVD specs at the back so you can't see the features. Do anyone of you guys know? Thanks!
« Last Edit: Dec 27, 2004 at 03:05 PM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline daigoro

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Wired and disconnected
  • Liked:
Re: Shrek 3D
« Reply #1 on: Dec 24, 2004 at 06:44 PM »
Yup, i bought it for P150 at Astroplus Podium. Exactly the same as the Shrek 3D R1. Just replace the ugly case it came in.

Offline james16

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • passion that touches the soul...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2 on: Dec 24, 2004 at 09:20 PM »
hmmm, macheck nga ito....  ;D

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Dec 26, 2004 at 03:05 AM »
Yup, i bought it for P150 at Astroplus Podium. Exactly the same as the Shrek 3D R1. Just replace the ugly case it came in.

Am I reading this correctly? 150 bucks? Been to Astro Glorietta just this Dec 24th and it's still 799 bucks. Is there another sale at Astro Podium? And is the original Shrek movie that came with it in fullscreen (as in the case of the R1 version)? Thanks!
« Last Edit: Dec 26, 2004 at 03:22 AM by allanmandy »

Offline james16

• Trade Count: (+82)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • passion that touches the soul...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4 on: Dec 26, 2004 at 03:20 AM »

Am I reading this correctly? 150 bucks? Been to Astro Glorietta just this Dec 24th and it's still 799 bucks. Is there another sale at Astro Podium?

bka vcd yun?

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Dec 26, 2004 at 03:24 AM »

bka vcd yun?

Ang alam ko, dvd lang 'to

Offline AICRAG

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • DVD Addict
  • Do unto others before they do unto you
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Dec 26, 2004 at 09:21 AM »
dvd....799 tag price dati...ngayon 150 na lang....includes 4 3d glasses....bought it 2 days ago as for my kids....15min lang ata to....baka panoorin namin mamaya...
Toshiba 55XL700,Dali Ikon 6,Vokal2 MKII,Cayin CD-50T,Ecosse 2.3,IXOS Coax, HK AVR340, NAD 320BEE

Offline ryu

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Dec 27, 2004 at 03:32 AM »
Saw it yesterday. 150 nga. Packagind is not good.
The R1 case is 3D.  Same as the one I saw in Universal studio.  Although the one in Universal Studio is 4D. This one is the 3D version.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #8 on: Dec 27, 2004 at 02:28 PM »
Am I reading this correctly? 150 bucks? Been to Astro Glorietta just this Dec 24th and it's still 799 bucks. Is there another sale at Astro Podium? And is the original Shrek movie that came with it in fullscreen (as in the case of the R1 version)? Thanks!

It's a stand-alone title, just the 15 minute Shrek 3-D presented in both 3D and 2D. The original Shrek movie isn't included. Although the sticker placed on it is 799, it's only priced at 150. My copy had 150 hastily written on masking tape placed on top of the sticker.

This is fantastic as far as R3 releases is concerned, since R1 really screws you big time if you want to own Shrek 3-D. The only way to own this is on R1 is to buy the Shrek/Shrek 3-D two-pack or the Shrek: The Story So Far boxed set, so you'd be forced to buy duplicates of titles you probably already have in your collection. I mean, really - how many serious DVD collectors into the original Shrek didn't buy it when it was first released?

Yeah, it's the same as Universal Studios' Shrek 4-D attraction. But you can't have the fourth dimension at home - with the shaking seat, spiders crawling on you, or getting wet after you get sneezed on - kaya 3D na lang.  ;)

But the traditional red/blue 3D they use for home videos really leaves a lot to be desired.
« Last Edit: Dec 27, 2004 at 04:13 PM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
Re: Shrek 3-D
« Reply #9 on: Dec 28, 2004 at 11:04 AM »
P150 for 15 minutes?  What's in that 15-minutes?  Worth it? 

Offline don

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Dec 29, 2004 at 11:31 AM »
I've seen Shrek 4D at Universal Studios and I bought Shrek 3D (R1) from Astro last week....

Using my X1 projector, medyo dissapointed ako sa output nung Shrek 3D... masakit sa mata, and you have to really focus para makita mo yung 3d. However, i think the problem is the quality of the image ng x1 projector ko for 3d.

I'll try it with my TV.

For 150 pesos ... you get 4 3d glasses... R1 disc ....  panalong panalo nato!

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Jan 02, 2005 at 01:42 AM »
Finally bought this DVD last week. I think at Php 150, it's worth it. Buti binaba nila yung presyo. Otherwise, I wouldn't buy this 15-minute short for Php 799. It says R1 at the back, but I can't be sure about this knowing Dreamworks' reputation for printing incorrect features in their R3 DVD's. You get 4 pairs of 3D glasses also.  Also included is the non-3D version of this animated short. Widescreen version pala. One comment though: the sound isn't too loud. Kahit cranked up na yung volume ng home theater system namin, it just ain't too loud for me (pasensya na, gusto ko kasi ng mala-sine na viewing experience).

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
Re: Shrek 2 (2-disc) R3: Php 895
« Reply #12 on: Jan 24, 2005 at 09:38 AM »
Out of curiosity, got this P150 3D shrek and was a little impressed at the 3D effect on some scenes.    My son wasn't,  too short for him.  I think I'm more impressionable. ;D

Offline vp_ortiz

• DVD Addict
  • Superhero
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Mar 11, 2005 at 09:36 PM »
oo i just bought this a title a week ago, medyo nakakahilo lng sa 3D, pero masasanay din. kla ko nga kasama yung first Shrek movie sa disc e, sayang, pero worth it, mura nmn e.

Offline Dowals

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Apr 05, 2005 at 01:13 PM »
i bought a copy last april 2 Astoplus Podium for P150, never tried it though but i opened it already, it says R1 pero ang pangit ng casing, parang case ng pirated, the cover also is different from the one i saw at amazon.com

is this really an r1 or nagkamaling print?
lowest paid in the banking industry

Offline rafgar

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: Apr 06, 2005 at 02:57 PM »
i bought a copy last april 2 Astoplus Podium for P150, never tried it though but i opened it already, it says R1 pero ang pangit ng casing, parang case ng pirated, the cover also is different from the one i saw at amazon.com

is this really an r1 or nagkamaling print?

Yes, it's R1.  Since it's R1, the audio tracks available are English, Spanish and Portuguese instead of the usual Chinese, Malay, Thai, Korea, etc. found in R3 dvds.  Also, when I played the disc using PowerDVD, it indicated that it was R1.

Personally, I find viewing the 3D version using the computer monitor rather than a television.  Maybe, it's because of the closeness to the screen/monitor.
« Last Edit: Apr 06, 2005 at 03:07 PM by rafgar »

Offline Dowals

• DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Apr 13, 2005 at 02:15 PM »
my son (4 & 1/2 years old) and i tried it last weekend, hindi nya masyado ma appreciate yung 3d glasses, maybe because it was bright in our living room

is the video the same as Shrek 4D shown in universal studios?

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #17 on: Apr 13, 2005 at 02:31 PM »
Yeah, it's the same as Universal Studios' Shrek 4-D attraction. But you can't have the fourth dimension at home - with the shaking seat, spiders crawling on you, or getting wet after you get sneezed on - kaya 3D na lang.? ;)
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline Dowals

• DVD Guru
  • Cobra Commander
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Apr 20, 2005 at 01:45 PM »
oh, sorry, wasn't able to see that in the earlier posts

Offline boybi

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Dec 10, 2007 at 11:28 PM »
I just bought this today together with Shrek the Third. When I opened it at home, walang 3D glasses!  >:( Can I have this replaced by Astro? Or meron bang nabibiling 3D glasses somewhere?

Offline techdude

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Spinning...
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Dec 11, 2007 at 12:19 AM »
Try complaining to Astro, as the 3D glasses are needed for full appreciation of the 3D or if you are willing to spend more, buy another 3D film like Spykids 3D or Barbie (Magic Pegasus yata), just be sure to open the package and that the glasses are there...
Blessed are the clean of heart: for they shall see God.