Author Topic: banana clips?  (Read 30221 times)

Offline streetsmart

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life imitates movies ...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: banana clips?
« Reply #120 on: Oct 11, 2007 at 04:51 PM »
ah ok bro! will that remove yung medyo discoloration or corrosion na yata yun sa banana plug tips?

It may help remove the discoloration but I doubt if it will completely remove. Parang may chemical reaction na yun.

Yung plugs ko ay walang ganung discoloration and they are up to 10 years old. I think it depends on the quality of the plugs and how regularly you clean them and use your contact cleaner. In other words, parang preventive maintenance sya but not curative.
No room acoustic treatment is like running a Ferrari on ice.

Offline kt

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #121 on: Oct 11, 2007 at 05:59 PM »
It may help remove the discoloration but I doubt if it will completely remove. Parang may chemical reaction na yun.

Yung plugs ko ay walang ganung discoloration and they are up to 10 years old. I think it depends on the quality of the plugs and how regularly you clean them and use your contact cleaner. In other words, parang preventive maintenance sya but not curative.

ah ok bro. im not sure if discoloration yun or madumi lang. im using audio pro banana plugs eh

Offline kingkydoo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • DVD Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #122 on: Oct 11, 2007 at 09:32 PM »
Anyone know a particular store sa raon where I could buy banana plugs? Alam ko lang is Deeco e. Baka sayang lang trip ko dun kung wala pala akong mahanap. ;D

Offline mjct6210

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #123 on: Mar 26, 2008 at 05:26 AM »
deeco ay1385 100 per pair. nice siya kasi you don't have to solder the wires. may screw lang to hold the wires firmly.

Offline IceTea

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Temet Nosce.
  • Liked:
« Reply #124 on: Mar 26, 2008 at 09:52 AM »
deeco ay1385 100 per pair. nice siya kasi you don't have to solder the wires. may screw lang to hold the wires firmly.

Err.....what is "ay1385"?  Brand/Model number? Sorry kung stupid question.  ;D  Mahal kasi sa mga A/V shops eh.  70 to 100 per piece.

Offline audiojunkie

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • >>|<< OB - Dipole Rules >>|<<
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #125 on: Mar 26, 2008 at 12:54 PM »
ay1385

I think it's order or part nos....
Anthem CD1
Anthem Pre1
Audio Linear TT
Ortofon Rondo Red
Theta Dac
GTA SE-40 Amp
JBL L7
AudioQuest

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #126 on: Sep 18, 2008 at 06:12 PM »
for diy/ accesories you can try GOLDEN MARS at raon/sales st. manila

monster banana plugs @ <70php lang

different kinds of "cute" audiophile rca plugs @ 60 to 100ph lang

binding post ala wharfedale around @65ph

wall speaker outlet etc

dami pa available, cheap...

tel# 7348661
« Last Edit: Sep 19, 2008 at 06:38 AM by oweidah »

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
« Reply #127 on: Aug 11, 2009 at 07:44 PM »

so if my wires shows signs of it at the tip, is should cut it before it spreads?
ninjababez online ..

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #128 on: Aug 11, 2009 at 07:51 PM »
so if my wires shows signs of it at the tip, is should cut it before it spreads?

i remember my monster cable original speaker cables- yung makapal at see-through. i bought 7meters (riyadh) but after using qed qudos and chord carnival orig. i decided to retire the monsters. after years of non-use, i noticed that the wire inside was colored- green! so ginawa ko na lang sampayan ;D  then gave it to my magbabakal vintage buynsell friend

Offline JoeyGS

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let your ears decide!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 181
« Reply #129 on: Aug 13, 2009 at 03:03 PM »
So that means that it is not truly oxygen free ???

i remember my monster cable original speaker cables- yung makapal at see-through. i bought 7meters (riyadh) but after using qed qudos and chord carnival orig. i decided to retire the monsters. after years of non-use, i noticed that the wire inside was colored- green! so ginawa ko na lang sampayan ;D  then gave it to my magbabakal vintage buynsell friend

Offline dips15

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #130 on: Oct 11, 2009 at 11:49 PM »
I have banana plugs connected to my Polk TSi 100.  A problem I get is that on notes with a lot of bass, the plugs vibrate creating a metallic sound.  Is there anyway to avoid this? It is plugged in pretty snug on the speakers.  (Metallic vibrating sound disappears when I hold the plugs.)

Any tips on what I should do?
« Last Edit: Oct 11, 2009 at 11:49 PM by dips15 »

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #131 on: Oct 12, 2009 at 07:09 AM »
I have banana plugs connected to my Polk TSi 100.  A problem I get is that on notes with a lot of bass, the plugs vibrate creating a metallic sound.  Is there anyway to avoid this? It is plugged in pretty snug on the speakers.  (Metallic vibrating sound disappears when I hold the plugs.)

This is very unusual. I have been using banana plugs for more than a decade and I never encountered this problem.

Frankly, the only thing I can think of is changing the banana plugs with spade lugs.

Offline ATJr.

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #132 on: Oct 12, 2009 at 09:13 AM »
I have banana plugs connected to my Polk TSi 100.  A problem I get is that on notes with a lot of bass, the plugs vibrate creating a metallic sound.  Is there anyway to avoid this? It is plugged in pretty snug on the speakers.  (Metallic vibrating sound disappears when I hold the plugs.)

you can try to pry apart the leaf spring on the plug or if it is the split type, you can use a small blade screw driver...

another thing you can do is if you can find copper foils, you can shim your plugs.......

the thing to watch out for is loose fitting connections, the high contact resistance created because of that is causing your problems...
That's OK, you can like or dislike anything you choose. That's the wonderful thing about the freedom

Offline dips15

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #133 on: Oct 12, 2009 at 06:47 PM »
Did a little tightening, and it seemed to do the trick.  Will observe further.

Thanks for your inputs.

Offline qguy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Usher/Rythmik/S
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 66
« Reply #134 on: Oct 14, 2009 at 07:10 AM »
I guess depende sa quality ng banana plugs.  I have tried cheaper plugs and the pressure exerted on the terminals is less than the ones on my Xindak cables,  sa cheaper plugs it was easier to remove the cables vs the Xindak where you have to exert a bit of effort to remove the plugs. 

Offline NeilDapul

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #135 on: Feb 05, 2010 at 08:31 AM »
guys, a little help please.

where can i get banana plugs in the alabang/paranaque area?
i asked hi-fi lounge in festival mall, php700 daw a pair. branded daw kasi and may special coating. ganun ba talaga price ng mga banana plugs or are they trying to put one over on me?

thanks in advance.
Move fast, Think faster

Offline streetsmart

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #136 on: Feb 05, 2010 at 09:58 AM »
guys, a little help please.

where can i get banana plugs in the alabang/paranaque area?
i asked hi-fi lounge in festival mall, php700 daw a pair. branded daw kasi and may special coating. ganun ba talaga price ng mga banana plugs or are they trying to put one over on me?

thanks in advance.

Sayang ang pera mo. I haven't bought these plugs in a while but my guess is that you can get virtually the same at Raon for P100 to P200 a pair. Maybe someone here has more recent experience.

Offline NeilDapul

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #137 on: Feb 05, 2010 at 04:52 PM »
Sayang ang pera mo. I haven't bought these plugs in a while but my guess is that you can get virtually the same at Raon for P100 to P200 a pair. Maybe someone here has more recent experience.

alam ko nga mga ganun lang range nun. problem is, yun lang kailangan ko. im from the south area and if pupunta pa ko dun, malamang ganun din gastos for gas and toll alone. sana meron taga south na nagbebenta.

thanks, sir streetsmart. ill just wait here...
Move fast, Think faster

Offline deuce

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #138 on: Feb 07, 2010 at 06:30 PM »
I bought some very good banana plugs sa Marketplace dito (Home Theater Hardware > Accessories) for around P140-P180/pair. Nagdagdag lang ako P100-P120 each time for Air 21/LBC (Bulacan kasi ako). Kaya lang, tiyempuhan, hindi laging may nagbebenta. Maganda iyong naka-advertise ni udong ngayon, baka umabot ka pa (http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php?topic=107056.0).

An idea: some of my best banana plugs I got from Master Anthony (diy_master). But I understand those are for his own use, umarbor lang ako ng ilang pairs. Maybe you can PM or text him to ask if he can spare some pairs. Sa Lower Bicutan lang siya, malapit sa iyo.

Hope this helps.

Offline Heartbreak Kid

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #139 on: Feb 16, 2010 at 01:06 PM »
hello. woudn't there be any problem kung magkaiba ng brand ang banana plugs na gagamitin mo? i already have 2 pirs connected to my AVR and looking for another 2 pairs for my speaker terminals. thanks.

Offline deuce

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #140 on: Feb 16, 2010 at 03:05 PM »
hello. woudn't there be any problem kung magkaiba ng brand ang banana plugs na gagamitin mo? i already have 2 pirs connected to my AVR and looking for another 2 pairs for my speaker terminals. thanks.

In my limited experience, wala dapat noticeable difference, basta mahigpit ang kabit ng speaker cables sa plugs at mahigpit ang pagkaka-insert ng plugs sa amp/speaker binding posts. In fact, sa bi-wiring, I sometimes use different connectors - one set of speaker wires terminated by spade lugs and one set by banana plugs, dahil hindi naman pwedeng two sets ng magkaparehong banana plugs sa isang binding post.

Hope this helps.

Offline onkyo616

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #141 on: May 22, 2013 at 08:13 AM »

up ko lang po, where in Raon ka makakabili ng banana plugs/jacks ano name ng store?

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
« Reply #142 on: May 22, 2013 at 08:16 AM »
up ko lang po, where in Raon ka makakabili ng banana plugs/jacks ano name ng store?
why not get it from resellers here?  I got mine (nakamichi brand) from markrenz, mura lang at maganda quality.  there are other sellers selling the same item.  also si anya618 meron from monoprice naman.  sa sights and sounds in shangrila meron all gold plated less than 200 a pair.  :)
ninjababez online ..

Offline onkyo616

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #143 on: May 23, 2013 at 08:38 AM »
why not get it from resellers here?  I got mine (nakamichi brand) from markrenz, mura lang at maganda quality.  there are other sellers selling the same item.  also si anya618 meron from monoprice naman.  sa sights and sounds in shangrila meron all gold plated less than 200 a pair.  :)

magkano naman ang pair ng nakamichi, also with anya618 how much each pair din

thanks

Offline vhinx

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • DVD Guru
  • Power BASS Sound'z!...
  • Liked:
« Reply #144 on: May 23, 2013 at 08:46 AM »

Sa deeco merun at after ng store (Deeco) sa may right side marami ka din pagpipilian...

magkano naman ang pair ng nakamichi, also with anya618 how much each pair din

thanks

check here at Accessories fs marami ka makikita mura range from 100-200 pair with different banana plug types...

http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/board,111.0.html
Vintagenthusiast!... Sansui-Pioneer-Marantz-Paradigm

Offline onkyo616

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #145 on: May 23, 2013 at 03:19 PM »
Sa deeco merun at after ng store (Deeco) sa may right side marami ka din pagpipilian...

check here at Accessories fs marami ka makikita mura range from 100-200 pair with different banana plug types...

http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/board,111.0.html

wala na sa deeco, i was there last sunday at yong ordinary na lang meron (plastic)
try ko sa sunday pag nakabalik ako sa manila hahanapin ko yong iba pang tindahan ng banana
jacks

thanks

Offline vhinx

• Trade Count: (+118)
  • DVD Guru
  • Power BASS Sound'z!...
  • Liked:
« Reply #146 on: May 23, 2013 at 03:51 PM »
wala na sa deeco, i was there last sunday at yong ordinary na lang meron (plastic)
try ko sa sunday pag nakabalik ako sa manila hahanapin ko yong iba pang tindahan ng banana
jacks

thanks

Bro, Kung gusto mo at kung pwede ka sa sabado e magkita tayo sa raon para masamahan kita kung saan ka dapat bumili mga kailangan mo...
Vintagenthusiast!... Sansui-Pioneer-Marantz-Paradigm

Offline onkyo616

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #147 on: May 23, 2013 at 06:58 PM »
Bro, Kung gusto mo at kung pwede ka sa sabado e magkita tayo sa raon para masamahan kita kung saan ka dapat bumili mga kailangan mo...

di ako pwede sa sabado bro, bka sunday makapunta kami ng espana, daan na rin ako ng raon kasi last sunday nagmamadali lang ako kaya di ko masyado nagalugad ang raon, meron nga dyan sa may chowking yong tindahan na nasa gitna, unang una sya may banana jacks din na metal kaso di ko pa gusto yong style nya baka meron pa sa iba kaya hanap ako sa sunday pag natuloy ako dyan

Offline dts_hdma

• Trade Count: (+153)
  • DVD Addict
  • 2 x 18 > 16 > 13
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #148 on: May 23, 2013 at 07:39 PM »
Nakamichi Plugs ba? Bat ka pa magpapakahassle pumunta ng raon kung meron naman dito. Yung pamasahe or fuel mo pambayad mo na lang sa LBC, and just sit back, relax at the comfort of your home. See a movie!  ;D

http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic,178692.0.html

You should try the Nakamichi 0534D at 160/pair. Swabe ipasok sa speaker binding post pero kapit na kapit sa loob at pag tatanggalin mo na, swabe pa din. Check out this rare design!

Offline onkyo616

• Collector
  • Please be kind.
  • Liked:
« Reply #149 on: Aug 25, 2013 at 09:28 AM »
Nakamichi Plugs ba? Bat ka pa magpapakahassle pumunta ng raon kung meron naman dito. Yung pamasahe or fuel mo pambayad mo na lang sa LBC, and just sit back, relax at the comfort of your home. See a movie!  ;D

http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php/topic,178692.0.html

You should try the Nakamichi 0534D at 160/pair. Swabe ipasok sa speaker binding post pero kapit na kapit sa loob at pag tatanggalin mo na, swabe pa din. Check out this rare design!

Hi dts, kasya ba etong banana jacks mo sa RTi A7 at onkyo 616 receiver?