DVD Forum > DVD Deals & Promos

Warner Mid-Year Markdown

(1/71) > >>

Mr. Hankey:
(Squatting on Mr. Hankey's post-- firewired)

Warner wants you to buy original, and the best way to start is by enjoying selections from their collectible 2-disc Special Edition catalog. For a limited period, these DVD sets will be re-priced from Php895/Php695 to just Php350. Restored and remastered, these releases have received high marks from collectors and critics abroad. Try one today and see what you're missing.

SE (2-disc): Php350

Purple Rain               
THX 1138
Wyatt Earp               
The Shining (mini-series)
Once Upon A Time In America (Sergio Leone)   
Around The World In 80 Days (1956 version)
Lost Boys, The            
A.I. (re-release)
Rose Red (mini-series)         
Goodfellas
The Philadelphia Story (1940, Cary Grant & Katherine Hepburn)
Color Purple, the
Enter The Dragon      
My Fair Lady
Unforgiven

Other sale titles: Php299

My Big Fat Greek Wedding       
Love Affair
First Strike                
Woodstock
Final Analysis             
Bloodwork
Cradle 2 The Grave         
Eyes Wide Shut
Bait                   
Excalibur
My Fair Lady (1-disc)            
Exorcist
Rebel Without A Cause (1-disc)         
Street Car Named Desire
Color Purple, The (1-disc)         
Superman II
Green Mile, The            
Interview With The Vampire
Perfect Storm, The          
Conspiracy Theory
Green Berets, The          
Lethal Weapon
Pay It Forward             
Sweet November
Time Machine             
Romeo Must Die
Who Am I?                
Risky Business
Frantic                
Collateral Damage

(returning you to your regular programming)

I passed by Astroplus Podium looking for Constantine, and I noticed they have a large display rack where most of the Warner 2-disc titles with slipcases are on sale for Php 350. Titles on sale include GoodFellas, Enter the Dragon, The Philadelphia Story, Wyatt Earp, My Fair Lady, THX 1138, The Shining, Rose Red, etc. On the same display shelf, a lot of the Warner single disc titles are also on sale at Php 299 per title.

Ingat lang kayo, the display shelf is rather poorly constructed - if you bump into it, you'll cause A LOT of the DVDs to fall!  ;D

Plus the leftmost shelves on the store have many of the Magnavision titles at 375 (single disc) and 650 (double disc).

Is this a sale, or have they dropped the prices for all these titles permanently already?

odl:

--- Quote from: aszamora on Jun 14, 2005 at 12:52 PM ---  Just bought mine today. No slipcase and insert but still a lot better packaged than most DVDs today. By the way, may P350 sale sa Astro Glorietta ng ff: Warner titles na puro 2-discs

The Unforgiven
      The Lost Boys
      Purple Rain
      Around the World in 80 Days
      Wyatt Earp
      Enter the Dragon
      Once Upon a Time in America
      Goodfellas
      The Shining

All of these are 2-discs and the sale is good for 6 months daw acording to the Warner lady. I got myself the Lost Boys 2-discs together with Constantine.

--- End quote ---

It maybe a Warner Sale. Astro Glorietta has this as noted by another pinoydvd member.

Dowals:

--- Quote from: Mr. Hankey on Jun 14, 2005 at 03:28 PM ---

Plus the leftmost shelves on the store have many of the Magnavision titles at 375 (single disc) and 650 (double disc).

Is this a sale, or have they dropped the prices for all these titles permanently already?

--- End quote ---

375 (single disc) and 650 (double disc) are regular prices of old releases of magna

firewired:
It's a sale-- but it'll be around for some time. Warner's trying to drive up interest in their SE titles. At those prices, who wouldn't be interested?

aszamora:
The P350 price tag is definitely hard to resist, especially since most of them have slipcases. The greater news is that the P350 price tag will last for several months so there's no real urgency. Sayang nga lang at hindi pa nasama iyong ibang 2-disc like Harry Potter which remains at P475 at hanggang bukas din lang ang sale. OK din iyong mga P299 single-disc titles like Eyes Wide Shut, Perfect Storm and Superman II.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version