Author Topic: VOCA DCX 101  (Read 10729 times)

Offline j_albert22

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • SARS LUMAYO KA
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: VOCA DCX 101
« Reply #30 on: Nov 15, 2006 at 03:07 AM »
WoW 70K  :o  ang price ng VOCA ::) tinalo pa mga premium tube amp tapos raon part pa hayyyyyyyy nakaka LOCA
« Last Edit: Nov 15, 2006 at 03:09 AM by j_albert22 »

Offline ATJr.

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #31 on: Nov 15, 2006 at 10:57 AM »
wow, the heatsinks are definitely from DEECO, i have issue with the way he mounted the heatsink, fins are horizontal rather than vertical, thus it has an effectiveness of only about 80%....

400 watts per channel into 2 ohms? the size doesn't seem to indicate that...

wonder what the topology he used, could it be that he used 2n3055's in the output? i have made good sounding amps with them...

perhaps if he let us peek inside the box, then we will know for certein.... ;D
That's OK, you can like or dislike anything you choose. That's the wonderful thing about the freedom

Offline JojoD818

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 57
« Reply #32 on: Nov 15, 2006 at 11:54 AM »
baka SMPS ang psu kaya maliit lang.

who knows baka class-D (efficient) yun topology so more power from a small package.

Can you imagine how it would be so akward to install those heatsinks vertically? Perhaps he should have used Conrad Eng'g sinks?  ::)

Offline arnoldc

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Nov 15, 2006 at 11:58 AM »
I was in charge of hte Wiredstate DIY room so I have to deal with Mr. Casas since Friday night.

Since the speakers were not yet available in the room at that time, he asked the Q Acoustics people if they can try his amp. A brief listen to it gave me the impression it's not crappy, as other previously posted. Sabi nila before tunog lata, hindi naman eh. However, a power amp I made when I was in high school didn't sound like crap either.

I interviewed him for about two hours before Mel joined in and I left the two of them.

San nyo nakuha yang specs? Mr. Casas told me that they did not publish any specs. Baka gawa gawa nyo lang yan..

Offline jerix

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • got no golden ears...just loving music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #34 on: Nov 15, 2006 at 01:24 PM »
so it seems that this controversial VOCA is gaining the right to be further scrutinized.  ;D
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline maximusIII

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • sing no sad song for me
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Nov 15, 2006 at 01:42 PM »
if its too good to be true,
its not good and certainly....
its not true
he is not poor who has so little, only he that desires much.

Offline qguy

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Usher/Rythmik/S
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 66
« Reply #36 on: Nov 15, 2006 at 01:56 PM »
I dont think so, I would scrutinized an equipment if or anything for that matter if...

1. it sounds good  (The voca amp sounds decent)
2. I can afford it  (I cant afford the Voca AMP)
3. Is it fairly priced (From what I see the Voca amp is  grossly overpriced)

so it seems that this controversial VOCA is gaining the right to be further scrutinized.  ;D

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #37 on: Nov 15, 2006 at 02:05 PM »
Wow, na-exhibit yung Voca.    ;D   Exhibit-grade pala siya,  Ilan kaya nag-order?   
« Last Edit: Nov 15, 2006 at 02:06 PM by av_phile1 »

Offline JojoD818

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Nov 15, 2006 at 05:03 PM »
I was in charge of hte Wiredstate DIY room so I have to deal with Mr. Casas since Friday night.

Since the speakers were not yet available in the room at that time, he asked the Q Acoustics people if they can try his amp. A brief listen to it gave me the impression it's not crappy, as other previously posted. Sabi nila before tunog lata, hindi naman eh. However, a power amp I made when I was in high school didn't sound like crap either.

I interviewed him for about two hours before Mel joined in and I left the two of them.

San nyo nakuha yang specs? Mr. Casas told me that they did not publish any specs. Baka gawa gawa nyo lang yan..

It was an excellent decision to try and listen to the Voca at the diy room. This clears up a lot of things about the amp.

However, people I know said that it is "tunog lata" when they heard the Voca on other fair/shows. But cannot decisively comment since it would be premature since the speakers they were using were unheard of and so cannot possibly gauge the abilities of the amp.

At least sa hifi show maganda speakers pwede gamitin to test the amps abilities.

« Last Edit: Nov 15, 2006 at 05:09 PM by JojoD818 »

Offline abj104

• Collector
  • "let's jam !
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Nov 15, 2006 at 05:47 PM »
sensya na sir wrong thread  pero saan ba yung thread ngayon ng buy and sell?

Offline rascal101

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Naraniag nga aldaw kinyayo amin
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #40 on: Nov 15, 2006 at 05:56 PM »
Spoke to Mr. Casas briefly after Arnold left. I basically told him that he should also publish some specifications and left him after that.

Offline ATJr.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Nov 16, 2006 at 11:12 AM »
only when we are allowed to look inside can we make a fair assesment.....
That's OK, you can like or dislike anything you choose. That's the wonderful thing about the freedom

Offline Jagner

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Listen...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #42 on: Nov 16, 2006 at 11:42 AM »
Jon,

Isa ba siya sa naghahanap sa akin sa DIY room?  ;D ;D ;D

Hindi, pero dapat pala nirecomenda ko nalang ikaw sa kanya ;) ;D

Offline lotus

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Nov 16, 2006 at 02:49 PM »
I think i saw this amp already in one of the exhibits.. I believe its in MARKET MARKET .. but i didnt have a closer look .... hehehe... because of the physical appearance..

I think is not worth it....

hehehehe  .... if you want to take a look inside.... set-up a fund raising activity.... hahaha...then disect
the darn thing !... hehhehe..

problema lang baka burado lahat ng makings ng parts.. hahahaha.... I have seen devices, that the entire pcb and components are molded with rubber cement ..... hehhehe... para hindi makita yun sekreto....

again ... its not worth it....

Offline JojoD818

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Nov 16, 2006 at 04:54 PM »
lotus,

kahit nakasemento pa yan basta may permission sa owner.  ;D ;D ;D

di naman sa amin (diy'ers) importante yun parts value, yun topology nun circuit is what we study.

Hindi, pero dapat pala nirecomenda ko nalang ikaw sa kanya ;) ;D

buti pala hapon na ako pumunta sa show  ;D.

Offline lotus

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Nov 17, 2006 at 01:36 PM »
if thats the case, you really need the inventor... to ask about the theories and technologies involve...

;)

Offline ATJr.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Nov 18, 2006 at 11:34 AM »
if thats the case, you really need the inventor... to ask about the theories and technologies involve...

;)

yes, i am also curious about the "inventor" is he an engineer? has he published anything anywhere in the likes of Nelson Pass, William M. Leach, Robert Cordell, John Curl, Bob Pease, Jim Bonjiorno, Walter Jung or Matti Otalla? makes me wonder...

there is no shame in being a copycat, as long as you know what you are copying and understand all its workings and nuances...

there is nothing wrong in trying to sell products of one's manufacture, but to misrepresent it as something it is not is the greater sin, let alone the costs..

Offline pekspert

• Trade Count: (+192)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cell 0916-777-3000
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #47 on: Aug 11, 2007 at 12:39 PM »
i also had the chance to talk to the "inventor"...patented daw yung transistor nila...aside than that, he couldnt delve into more specific technicalities. But in fairness i did like the sound of his amp but when he mentioned the price of P70k, di ko alam kung tatawa ako or advise him that its a ridiculous amount for him amp na mukang designed in raon. If his amp is P8k, i wouldnt mind getting a pair of those.
84" 100" 120" 150" Motorized or Manual Projector Screens still available. Just pm.

Offline ATJr.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Aug 12, 2007 at 10:13 AM »
aside than that, he couldnt delve into more specific technicalities.

cause he himself doesn't know? ;D

i have a very good friend from high school in the early 70's, he made lot's and lot's of good sounding tube amps, but ask him about theories and you get a blank stare......and ;D
« Last Edit: Aug 13, 2007 at 05:58 AM by TonyT »

Offline blues

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Jul 01, 2009 at 03:59 PM »
ready get set go boom  :-*

Offline tony

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Enjoy the hobby and be happy always!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7189
« Reply #50 on: Mar 19, 2014 at 07:16 AM »
i also had the chance to talk to the "inventor"...patented daw yung transistor nila...aside than that, he couldnt delve into more specific technicalities. But in fairness i did like the sound of his amp but when he mentioned the price of P70k, di ko alam kung tatawa ako or advise him that its a ridiculous amount for him amp na mukang designed in raon. If his amp is P8k, i wouldnt mind getting a pair of those.

now it can be told, the secret to the Sakua AV200 being sold well is its 4k price, with its looks and the 4 tubes, what is not to like?
how do we defend our freedom? by the truth when it is assaulted by Marcos lies....