Author Topic: Connecting Wires to Wires and other questions  (Read 767 times)

Offline Jermi

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llamat!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Connecting Wires to Wires and other questions
« on: Jul 15, 2005 at 04:03 PM »
Need help from the Gurus.

1.  Am moving to a new place, the new place is bigger.  So, my question is, can I connect my Ixus 6003's (yata) to an additional wire because the distance of the rear speakers are now a lot father from the AVR compared to before.  Can I just connect or do I need to buy new wires?

2.  I need to install a ceiling mount projector and the new wires, do you guys know of anyone who free lances and does these kinds of installation for a reasonable fee?

3.  Since am planning to use a projector, how do I connect the LCD to the DVD, eh di ang habaaaaaaang component video cord yon?!

Please txt kung meron kayong kilala. thanks. 09175373698

« Last Edit: Jul 15, 2005 at 04:10 PM by Jermi »

Offline jerix

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • got no golden ears...just loving music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
Re: Connecting Wires to Wires and other questions
« Reply #1 on: Jul 18, 2005 at 11:11 AM »
Depending on your ears --  ;D that was also my issue before -- but after testing the sound with and without "dugtong" and notice no difference at all, okay na ako. However, mas Okay siguro kung e-solder mo.

You can actually fabricate your own wires with the length you prefer. For the component video connection, you can buy the rg 59 belden and some metal video terminals in ACE and have them soldered.  ;D

Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Aug 26, 2005 at 02:27 PM »
I had a custom made component cable at Spectra and at Sound Dimension. They were 3 meters and 8 meters respectively. I already installed the 8m component cable inside the ceilings in case I get a front PJ in the future.

Since you mentioned that its only surrounds involved, and Jerix mentioned that he didnt hear any difference, I dont think it would be a problem unless you are into multi channel music. I also did this to one of my surrounds at my present HT and I dont notice any difference since its only surrounds.

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Sep 01, 2005 at 11:07 AM »
I also did this to one of my surrounds at my present HT and I dont notice any difference since its only surrounds.

I forgot to mention, but as a personal preference, I would never do this for the main speakers.

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Sep 01, 2005 at 11:47 AM »
Using 10-14 gauge wires, real signal losses can be percieved when involving kilometric distances.  Not a few meters. 
« Last Edit: Sep 01, 2005 at 11:50 AM by av_phile1 »

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Sep 01, 2005 at 12:15 PM »
So sir AV, its ok to connect wires through splicing or soldering when its a matter of a few meters?

What about signal losses when it comes to (generic) banana plugs? Do you have to get really good 24k plated banana plugs and spade connectors to avoid signal loss?

How about passive subs? If you use good wires and the internal crossovers of the passive subs arent that good, will this result in signal loss?

Whew, been really wanting to ask these questions for quite some time now.

TIA  :)