Entertainment > Pinoy Entertainment

Patayin Mo sa Sindak si Barbara/Celso Ad Castillo

<< < (37/45) > >>

Noel_Vera:
Well, shoot, if Santos can reach into Lipa City's coffers and foot the bill, mebbe do a premiere there, I for one would be eternally grateful, and would cease and desist from shooting down her recent onscreen performances outright (it would help if she got decent filmmakers and writers to do her projects).

keating:
Maybe Vilma can help in financing to make the deal push thru and let the good copy of BURLESK QUEEN reach its Philippine shores, its true home.

Whoever bought the dvd or the vcd release must be lucky now....its OOP.

rse:

--- Quote from: keating on Jan 21, 2008 at 06:38 PM ---Maybe Vilma can help in financing to make the deal push thru and let the good copy of BURLESK QUEEN reach its Philippine shores, its true home.

Whoever bought the dvd or the vcd release must be lucky now....its OOP.

--- End quote ---

I have a VCD copy bought from KabayanCentral a while back.  The quality is very poor but it's still better than nothing...I'll double dip if a better copy goes on sale!

Noel_Vera:
I got a VCD.

But yeah, I'd buy a clear copy in a second. Celso's masterpiece needs to be properly seen. That actress that he picked for the lead role, she's not too bad either...

sinehansakanto:
So what's gonna happen after this resale happens? If it seems that the government care very little about this movie and its lead actress seems to care even less, if we return this movie to its origin what guarantees that it won't suffer the rotten fate it would have suffered if it wasn't sold abroad? And if it does return, are we guaranteed that it will receive some sort of re-release and re-screening, instead of just getting stuck at some hot and humid bodega, waiting to be burned down or turned to vinegar?

By principle, Burlesk Queen should return to its country, like any antiquity. But practically, it is better to deal with some other foreign archive like Fukuoka or Asian Film Archive that has the same interest in Filipino cinema and better ways to keep them, have them buy and preserve the film, and hopefully donate some sort of a safe print to our archives. It makes us reliant on how much access foreigners would give us to our own cultural product, but at the very least we can say that our cultural products exist.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version