DVD Forum > DVD-ROM & DVD Backup

CD-R King Bad Policy

<< < (2/32) > >>

SPaCeMaN SPiFF:

--- Quote from: Ice Storm on Aug 05, 2005 at 12:06 AM ---This isnt too surprising... CD-R King isnt a customer-oriented company. Sa mura we get what you paid for.

--- End quote ---

i certainly hope you're talking about customer service and not about product quality...  :P

SPaCeMaN SPiFF:

--- Quote from: daigoro on Aug 05, 2005 at 12:24 AM ---yup, cdrking is no different from those divisoria and quiapo stores.
ot, speaking of very bad customer service, another store i detest is columbia computer stores. they forced you to check in stuff even if it is valuable when they cannot guarantee that it will get lost. that's why i always to compex or electroworld.

--- End quote ---

yup... might want to avoid "octagon" as well... same policy kasi same company.  ::)

BTW, didn't CD-R king start out at quiapo? ... or was it las salle ba? (can't exactly recal which started first... but gee! they are EVERYWHERE nowadays.)

DVD-KiD!:
don't know which one started quiapo or lasalle... pero dati sa quiapo ako bumibili ng mga blank cd-r sa "YYCS" it's a hardware store and near entrance, there's a corner bilihan ng maraming blank CD-Rs tapos on the 2nd floor! meron silang large duplicating machine. ;D and one time nakita ko sa TV news! na raid yung YYCS bco'z of illegal activities daw! then after a few weeks... sumulpot yung CD-R KING sa quiapo tapos laging gulat ko sila din yung mga nagbebenta! I remember sa buy&sell magazine dati YYCS ang nakalagay dun.

haay... dadami na naman ang mga nakatambak kong plastic cake boxes sa bahay. ;D

Ice Storm:

--- Quote from: SPaCeMaN SPiFF on Aug 05, 2005 at 12:25 AM ---i certainly hope you're talking about customer service and not about product quality...  :P
--- End quote ---
Customer Service... though the state of writeable and rewriteable media product quality has universaly been declining since Kodak stopped making their blanks. Simple reason is that cost is an issue. Brands dont matter either as about 1-2 dozen manufacturing plants churn out the world's supply of blanks.

With the declining cost of HDD on a per GB basis it becomes a more attractive option than CD or DVDs. After going through a few thousand CD-Rs I'm buying massive HDDs. Silicon Valley has a 200GB Seagate PATA drive for P6,100. Comes out to be P30.50/GB w/ 5 years warranty with Seagate's local distributor.

CD-R King started in Quiapo.

What do you guys do with your blanks? Burn downloaded fan films? :)

SPaCeMaN SPiFF:

--- Quote from: Ice Storm on Aug 05, 2005 at 01:45 AM ---Customer Service... though the state of writeable and rewriteable media product quality has universaly been declining since Kodak stopped making their blanks. Simple reason is that cost is an issue. Brands dont matter either as about 1-2 dozen manufacturing plants churn out the world's supply of blanks.

With the declining cost of HDD on a per GB basis it becomes a more attractive option than CD or DVDs. After going through a few thousand CD-Rs I'm buying massive HDDs. Silicon Valley has a 200GB Seagate PATA drive for P6,100. Comes out to be P30.50/GB w/ 5 years warranty with Seagate's local distributor.

CD-R King started in Quiapo.

What do you guys do with your blanks? Burn downloaded fan films? :)

--- End quote ---

you ha... LOL. syempre i use it to back up files i don't need on my pc anymore... ya know, finished projects and the like.  ;)

i think the more interesting question is... what do you guys do with your coasters?  :D

and only recently... been using them to "save" old audio CDs that have become victims of CD-ROT (before they become completely unplayable)... grabe! it strikes when you least expect it. usually it's the imported ones pa... grrrrrr! >:(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version