Author Topic: King Kong (1933): Two-Disc Special / Collector's (Tin) / Four-Disc Editions  (Read 5972 times)

Offline hemisphere

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
additional artwork:

8)

Offline maverickph

• Collector
  • DVD Fanatic
  • Liked:
additional artwork:

8)

Siguro para mas maganda at di na mamili pa pag sama samahin na lang nila yung King Kong, Mighty Joe Young, at planet of the apes in one box set special collectors edition. ;D :D
Happy to meet You.

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
$ 27.99 only.  But who will release it anyway.  Columbia or Warner.  Amazon site says:  Studio: Sony Music (Video)

:-\ ::)

bro, false alarm at animation pala yan, hehehe ;D, the r1 release is not yet available on any site......nasu-suspense tuloy tayo sa price ng TIN, sana mura lang 8)

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
these are now available for pre-orders at amazon & other on-line stores.......mods, please provide the links, thanks 8)

if it's not too much to ask, can you please provide also the link for the 2-disc Collector's Ed. w/ TIN case, i think lots of members have signified their intentions to get that including me :)......thanks in advance 8)
« Last Edit: Aug 28, 2005 at 08:46 AM by firewired »

Offline DVDiva

• Kapitan
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:

The King Kong Collection (King Kong 2-Disc Special Edition/Son of Kong/Mighty Joe Young)
List Price: $39.92
Amazon Price: $27.94 (30% off)
DVD Release Date: November 22, 2005
Number of discs: 4

King Kong (Tin Case Collector's Edition)
List Price: $39.98
Amazon Price: $27.99 (30% off)
Number of discs: 2
« Last Edit: Aug 28, 2005 at 08:19 AM by firewired »

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
thanks for the very quick response......will use this link when i order the TIN ed. soon..... 8)
« Last Edit: Aug 28, 2005 at 08:46 AM by firewired »

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:

King Kong (Tin Case Collector's Edition)
List Price: $39.98
Amazon Price: $27.99 (30% off)
Number of discs: 2

ito ang medyo malaki ang ibinagsak ng presyo, it's now being sold at a pre-order price of only $20.98 sa amazon din....... 8)

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:

ito ang medyo malaki ang ibinagsak ng presyo, it's now being sold at a pre-order price of only $20.98 sa amazon din....... 8)

amazon's posted price for this had also gone up to US$25.99....... 8)

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
i just noticed that the DVD set in the 2-disc CE TIN case is in digipak while the 2-Disc SE is in the ordinary keep case only, that makes the CE TIN even more highly collectible........ 8)
« Last Edit: Oct 24, 2005 at 06:21 AM by classicman »

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
a brief review from thedigitalbits:

"Now then... I'll be posting my regular review of this next week, and Barrie's going to be doing a more in-depth review as well. But I've just gotten my first look at Warner's new King Kong: Special Edition (due on 11/22) and I HAD to tell you all a little bit about it. First of all, the film looks amazing. This restoraton is really impressive - I'm betting Kong  hasn't looked better since its original 1933 theatrical release. I haven't listened to the audio commentary yet, nor have I looked at the documentary about Merian C. Cooper. But I'll tell you... the 7-part RKO Production 601  documentary is outstanding. You get a really in-depth history of the film itself, as well as a look the producers and the production, complete with new interviews with film historians (like Rudy Behlmer, Bob Burns), filmmakers (Peter Jackson, Frank Darabont, etc) and special effects experts (Ray Harryhausen, Ken Ralston, Phil Tippett and others), as well as a look at original photographs, production artwork and more vintage materials. But here's what's really great - specifically for this DVD release, Jackson and his crew at WETA (who, as you know, have been working on their own remake of King Kong, which hits theaters next month), worked to build - in exacting detail - replicas of many of the original stop-motion miniatures from the 1933 film, and to recreate footage using the original effects production process. The result of this is that when they're talking about how the original Kong  was made, you actually get to SEE the process in action! The folks at Pellerin Multimedia and Sparkhill were able to document the effort as Jackson's animators worked with their new, meticulously recreated Kong puppet, on a multi-layered miniature set that's a nearly exact duplicate of one created for the original film. It's VERY cool to see, let me tell you. As you may know, Jackson also tasked his effects crew with recreating the lost "Spider Pit" sequence for this DVD release. Their work was never intended to be edited back into the film, but simply to give you a sense of what that lost footage MIGHT have looked like. It's a joy to see. In fact, this DVD release is just a really special piece of work - something that's clearly made by die-hard Kong  fans, for die-hard Kong fans. You're going to love it. I think it was well worth the wait."

8)

Offline xage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Suspended
  • Liked:
My Gosh! Bestbuy strucked another deal again with Warner!... On Nov22, they will be releasing the 4disc boxset with the Collectible TIN Kong in it and with an added collectible postcards inside!!!

Looks like a see through box cover showcasing the Collectible Tin Cased Kong inside

psst.. Aldrin.. Mamumulubi this week ba ang mga suki sa Bestbuy Sari-sari store?
[img width=163 height=49]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b221/x

Offline aldrinpsx

• DVD Guru
  • Region 1 fanatic!!!!!!!
  • Liked:
XAGE...parang ganun na nga... tues.... kingkong/war of the worlds/polar xpress... XBOX360....black frday..1 gig CF card for my rebel... jabra bluetooth from radioshack....pny512mb usb thumb from staples...walmart for my daughters laptop.. malamang..wala na akong pera sa xmas. ;D ;D ;D ;D

peace!!!!
« Last Edit: Nov 21, 2005 at 01:54 AM by aldrinpsx »

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
xage, postcards are not limited to bestbuy (ata). all sets will carry a set.

----------------

some pix again from int'l forum:

8)

Offline xage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Suspended
  • Liked:
xage, postcards are not limited to bestbuy (ata). all sets will carry a set.

----------------

some pix again from int'l forum:

8)

From the looks of it there were only 5postcards included in the Tin version. However with the BestBuy Boxset, another 5more extra will be included ( a total of 10 postcards )

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
whoa!! cant wait for the pictures then xage.  suerte nyo na naman dyan!  8)

Offline xage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Suspended
  • Liked:
King Kong Limited Collector's Box Set

The 4disc (w/ Tin) Box Set  ;D (10 postcards all in all included)
« Last Edit: Nov 23, 2005 at 06:45 AM by xage »

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
"shipping soon" status palang ang order ko, ang tagal pang dumating nito....... :( >:(

Offline viperkid

• Collector
  • Liked:
I'm having suspecious that the tin edition is already wrapped under my Christmas tree already I wish including the production diaries.  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
"shipping soon" status palang ang order ko, ang tagal pang dumating nito....... :( >:(

i already got my copy last tuesday pa :D.....bad trip lang coz nauna pa itong dumating sa package containing Matrix Gift Set & Edward Scissorhands that was earlier shipped by amazon last nov. 12 yet, hmmnnn ::)
« Last Edit: Dec 11, 2005 at 06:03 PM by classicman »