Author Topic: JojoD's Tube and Solid State Projects  (Read 1137094 times)

Offline jed_z1030

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • starting all over again...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: JojoD's Website on his Tube Projects
« Reply #1770 on: Dec 14, 2009 at 05:01 PM »
Hi Jed,

Of course you can.

PC transport ---> USB DAC ---> Baby G integrated amplifier ---> Speakers

Regards,
JoeyGS

sir joey my laptop only have the 3.5 ba yun o mini mic jack for its mic input. enough naba to use this mic input or shall i need the DAC thingy, thanks po...

Offline JoeyGS

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let your ears decide!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 181
« Reply #1771 on: Dec 14, 2009 at 05:13 PM »

If you are not that critical about the sound output, use your 3.5mm headphone out of your laptop and connect it to Baby G via a mini plug to rca connector.

But if you want to really optimise your BabyG you really need the USB DAC to process the digital signal via the USB output of your laptop and convert it to high quality analog signal which will be inputed to Baby G.

sir joey my laptop only have the 3.5 ba yun o mini mic jack for its mic input. enough naba to use this mic input or shall i need the DAC thingy, thanks po...

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #1772 on: Dec 14, 2009 at 07:02 PM »
Hi Jed,

Of course you can.

PC transport ---> USB DAC ---> Baby G integrated amplifier ---> Speakers

Regards,
JoeyGS

ako yan ako yan! hehehe. except for baby g mine is master's hybrid tube amp.  ;)

Ayun ang nakalimutan ko - DIY DAC ;D Antayin ko din si master gumawa neto ;D

oo nga noh! kelan ba ito master?  :)

sorry sir joey, can jed not use an audio pro optical cable (the one that has a 3.5mm adapter). plug this to the laptop's 3.5mm output, then plug the othe end of the optical cable to a dac's optical in (like the super pro 707 dac). its possible right?

Offline JojoD818

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 57
« Reply #1773 on: Dec 14, 2009 at 07:42 PM »
kainis naman sir jojo  ??? need to find resources para makasama sa batch ng orders...btw can i use my laptop as my audio source? thanks (3X)  ;)

I accept visa/mastercard, swipe natin...  ;D ;D ;D joke lang brader ;D ;D ;D

Yes you can use your laptop as source, ginagawa ko din yan pag trip ko mag mix ala DJ  ;D

Offline JojoD818

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1774 on: Dec 14, 2009 at 07:43 PM »

Gumawa na ako dati niyan brader...  ;)

Offline JojoD818

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1775 on: Dec 14, 2009 at 07:51 PM »
ganito na lang muna gamitin mo habang wala pa funds for a DAC...

nahimay ko na yan and ok naman sq compared to the onboard sc of your laptop...

then pag may moolah na eto naman ipalit mo...

Super Pro 707 DAC, sa Buy and Sell natin si tamy nagbebenta niyan paps...

Offline jed_z1030

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1776 on: Dec 14, 2009 at 09:23 PM »

I accept visa/mastercard, swipe natin...  ;D ;D ;D joke lang brader ;D ;D ;D

Yes you can use your laptop as source, ginagawa ko din yan pag trip ko mag mix ala DJ  ;D

ang kulit... ;D ;D ;D

ako yan ako yan! hehehe. except for baby g mine is master's hybrid tube amp.  ;)

oo nga noh! kelan ba ito master?  :)

sorry sir joey, can jed not use an audio pro optical cable (the one that has a 3.5mm adapter). plug this to the laptop's 3.5mm output, then plug the othe end of the optical cable to a dac's optical in (like the super pro 707 dac). its possible right?

thanks po sir sa reply.

cheers

Joel

Offline JoeyGS

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let your ears decide!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1777 on: Dec 14, 2009 at 11:42 PM »
Hi iiinas,

The dac is supposed to recieve digital signal and I am not sure if the 3.5mm output will give the digital signal.  Most of the 3.5mm output in laptops deliver the analogue signal which has passed the laptop's built-in soundcard/dac.  And what we want to do is to bypass the internal soundcard/dac from processing the digital signal from the transport.  We want the external dac to process the digital signal thru the usb and convert it into analogue signal.

And by the way,  i forgot one thing,  the cdrking usb dac as mentioned by JojoD is one of the initial solution which will process the digital signal into analog before it goes into your headamp and/or headphones.  This is a stop gap solution for jed until he can save up for a better dac.  But mind you, the cdrking usb dac is no loser.  And its tweakable too.

« Last Edit: Dec 14, 2009 at 11:43 PM by JoeyGS »

Offline jed_z1030

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1778 on: Dec 15, 2009 at 09:16 AM »
Thanks alot sir joey for providing an alternate solution sa mga tanong namin...

Sir Jojo anong tawag mo dyan sa CDR-King na usb DAC? High Resolution Stereo -------- (HD238)

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #1779 on: Dec 15, 2009 at 09:47 AM »
Hi iiinas,

The dac is supposed to recieve digital signal and I am not sure if the 3.5mm output will give the digital signal.  Most of the 3.5mm output in laptops deliver the analogue signal which has passed the laptop's built-in soundcard/dac.  And what we want to do is to bypass the internal soundcard/dac from processing the digital signal from the transport.  We want the external dac to process the digital signal thru the usb and convert it into analogue signal.

thanks. i was just wondeing. i use the usb on my super pro 707 dac as well, but i see other multiple inputs that can be use like the optical, coax, and the one mark ctl (but looks like a lan jack). anyway, thanks again. clearly happy how the super pro works. flac files sounds very close to cd counterpart.  :D

Offline JoeyGS

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let your ears decide!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1780 on: Dec 15, 2009 at 10:20 AM »
Hi jed,

The packaging or carton at the back of the cdrking usb dac is for his headphone and not for this dac.....pinatongan lang niya iyon.

Anyway....when you buy the cdrking usb dac......ask for....cdrking USB sound card M-Series

Sir Jojo anong tawag mo dyan sa CDR-King na usb DAC? High Resolution Stereo -------- (HD238)

Offline tarub2k

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1781 on: Dec 15, 2009 at 11:15 AM »
Hi jed,

The packaging or carton at the back of the cdrking usb dac is for his headphone and not for this dac.....pinatongan lang niya iyon.

Anyway....when you buy the cdrking usb dac......ask for....cdrking USB sound card M-Series

I just bought an M-series usb sound card from cdr-king, it no longer has the 2 capacitors. I had the chance to compare it with the DA series and it seems that there is no longer any difference except for the placement of the small cylindical object inside.  :(

Offline JoeyGS

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let your ears decide!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1782 on: Dec 15, 2009 at 11:53 AM »
Oh ok...thanks for the update.  I will check the other cdrking outlets

I just bought an M-series usb sound card from cdr-king, it no longer has the 2 capacitors. I had the chance to compare it with the DA series and it seems that there is no longer any difference except for the placement of the small cylindical object inside.  :(

Offline ProtegeManiac

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1783 on: Dec 15, 2009 at 06:41 PM »

I've been wondering how the AD1955 would work using the same architecture as the DAC-AH with tube analog output  ;)

Of course, funds are my problem. Anyone care to bankroll this experiment? I can't part with my DAC-AH to finance this since that'll kill any chance I can compare them.

Offline anchit

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1784 on: Dec 15, 2009 at 07:09 PM »
i tried using my laptop as source, walang DAC, hay naku, saksakan ng panget ang tunog.

pwede na kaya yang CDr king? nasa 5k din yung DAC ni sir Tamy eh.
The handsomest and the happiest ;b

Offline JojoD818

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1785 on: Dec 15, 2009 at 10:41 PM »

Tma si Sir Joey, pinagpatungan ko lang yun box ng Senn HD238 ko hehehe... eto yun box niya sir and it sells for 180 pesos...

I find the M series ok if you will follow it with amplification (headamp/preamp), the DA is somewhat more powerful and more practical for driving headphones directly imho... ;D

i tried using my laptop as source, walang DAC, hay naku, saksakan ng panget ang tunog.

pwede na kaya yang CDr king? nasa 5k din yung DAC ni sir Tamy eh.

180 lang kapatid, parang xl cup lang sa Starbucks...  ;D ;D ;D Seriously, wag ka na bumili, pahiram ko muna sayo yun M series ko pag napasyal ka para try mo na lang. ;)

Offline jed_z1030

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1786 on: Dec 16, 2009 at 09:41 AM »
Hi jed,

salamat brader joey, nepeke ako ni master jojo  ;D

Offline ramgos

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1787 on: Dec 20, 2009 at 06:46 AM »
salamat sir JojoD for the Baby G. sarap pala makinig ng Baby G this early in the morning habang nag coffee.  ;D

Offline JojoD818

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1788 on: Dec 20, 2009 at 08:18 AM »
salamat sir JojoD for the Baby G. sarap pala makinig ng Baby G this early in the morning habang nag coffee.  ;D

uy Welcome Sir Ram! The best talaga makinig early in the morning, coffee and good sounds very good combo indeed...  :)

Offline ramgos

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1789 on: Dec 20, 2009 at 08:35 AM »
Ang linis ng sound sir. Lalo na sa string instrumentals. Happy missis ko this morning. Tama lang daw yung tunog.  :D

Offline Cjtjader

• Trade Count: (+193)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Lux Lucis Volo
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 256
« Reply #1790 on: Dec 20, 2009 at 02:55 PM »

Congratz, Brader Ramgos!!! Ang lambing ni Baby G, noh!!!!! 8) 8) 8)
Perspicuus ~ Quietus ~ Consilium ~ Patefacio

Offline ramgos

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1791 on: Dec 20, 2009 at 03:46 PM »
Oo nga, I am also using the Baby G sa movie na rin. It is not dts but the stereo sound for movie is also very good na rin. Thank you sir JojoD. The Bose AM5 is now coming alive.  ;D

This is a small but very powerful amp. Can't believe it till now.
« Last Edit: Dec 20, 2009 at 03:47 PM by ramgos »

Offline JojoD818

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1792 on: Dec 20, 2009 at 03:54 PM »
Oo nga, I am also using the Baby G sa movie na rin. It is not dts but the stereo sound for movie is also very good na rin. Thank you sir JojoD. The Bose AM5 is now coming alive.  ;D

This is a small but very powerful amp. Can't believe it till now.

Aba, masubukan nga... I haven't tried it sa movies.  ;D You're welcome Sir Ramon, I'm rather glad it matches your AM5 even from long storage, kailangan lang gisingin yun nakatulog...  ;)

The best bonus is you shouldn't notice much difference in your Meralco bill even if you play from morning 'til evening...   :)

Offline bulak_henyo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1793 on: Dec 20, 2009 at 05:00 PM »
sir jojo baka pwede pabulong ng price nyang baby G..  ;)
« Last Edit: Dec 20, 2009 at 05:00 PM by bulak_henyo »
keep on keeping on!!

Offline ramgos

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1794 on: Dec 20, 2009 at 05:03 PM »
The best bonus is you shouldn't notice much difference in your Meralco bill even if you play from morning 'til evening...   :)

Actually, that was my primary purpose. A unit to keep me company but will go easy on my pocket with the lower power consumption. and the biggest bonus is that it performs great. Good sound. good music and I am now on my 2nd movie after playing great music the whole morning. and the sound just keeps getting better. . Well,the wifey is still smiling.  ;D
« Last Edit: Dec 20, 2009 at 05:04 PM by ramgos »

Offline ramgos

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1795 on: Dec 20, 2009 at 05:11 PM »

Aba, masubukan nga... I haven't tried it sa movies.  ;D You're welcome Sir Ramon, I'm rather glad it matches your AM5 even from long storage, kailangan lang gisingin yun nakatulog...  ;)

Try nyo sir JojoD sa movie, the volume is only at 9 o'clock and my 20 sq.mt. room is already shaking and I am still enjoying it. Loving this little Baby G more after every hour of using it.  :)
« Last Edit: Dec 20, 2009 at 09:37 PM by ramgos »

Offline macdon

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1796 on: Dec 20, 2009 at 06:41 PM »
One of the best reasons why its great to acquire a Jojod product is because it always comes with a plus  ;D

Offline ramgos

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1797 on: Dec 20, 2009 at 10:07 PM »
Sir JojoD, Just tested your Baby G with a Watt Meter. During easy listening at 8-9 o'clock on the volume dial consumes 4-5 watts and higher volume at 12 o'clock (already very loud) consumes 15-18 watts only. Ok lang ba if i play this baby for the whole day?  ;D

Offline JojoD818

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1798 on: Dec 21, 2009 at 07:46 AM »
One of the best reasons why its great to acquire a Jojod product is because it always comes with a plus  ;D

Parang may pinapahiwatig ka Brader?  ;D

Offline JojoD818

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1799 on: Dec 21, 2009 at 07:48 AM »
Sir JojoD, Just tested your Baby G with a Watt Meter. During easy listening at 8-9 o'clock on the volume dial consumes 4-5 watts and higher volume at 12 o'clock (already very loud) consumes 15-18 watts only. Ok lang ba if i play this baby for the whole day?  ;D

Ayus parang heater lang ng 5U4G tube rectifier hehehe...  ;D

Seriously, ok lang yan sir kahit ibabad niyo po... ang haba ng warranty hehehe... ;)