Author Topic: JojoD's Tube and Solid State Projects  (Read 1134847 times)

Offline JojoD818

• Trade Count: (+147)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 57
Re: JojoD's Website on his Tube Projects
« Reply #2010 on: Feb 07, 2010 at 01:36 PM »
Jak en poy pa!!!! Igawa mo na lang kaya kami ni neybor ko?????!!!!! hahahahhaha

Magpapaalam muna tayo dun sa designer...  ;) ;) ;)

Tsaka tayo gagawa brader! ;) ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D

Offline Cjtjader

• Trade Count: (+193)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Lux Lucis Volo
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 256
« Reply #2011 on: Feb 07, 2010 at 01:50 PM »

Magpapaalam muna tayo dun sa designer...  ;) ;) ;)

Tsaka tayo gagawa brader! ;) ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D

Oks, brader!  Kay dali naman maghintay,eh!!! :D :D :D :D
Perspicuus ~ Quietus ~ Consilium ~ Patefacio

Offline JojoD818

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2012 on: Feb 07, 2010 at 10:59 PM »
Oks, brader!  Kay dali naman maghintay,eh!!! :D :D :D :D

Sure sure, pero dapat may actual unit lang muna para malaman kung kailangan pa talaga - para di aksaya... ;) ;) ;)

Offline JojoD818

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2013 on: Feb 07, 2010 at 11:05 PM »
JD Labs CD/Line Tube Buffer X3 with 2C51/5670 vacuum tubes...

As always, IEC power cord not included.

Offline Cjtjader

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Lux Lucis Volo
  • Liked:
« Reply #2014 on: Feb 09, 2010 at 10:59 PM »

Sure sure, pero dapat may actual unit lang muna para malaman kung kailangan pa talaga - para di aksaya... ;) ;) ;)

Oks oks oks, Brader!!! ;) Thanks!!! BTW, nice tube buffer!!

Offline JojoD818

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2015 on: Feb 09, 2010 at 11:16 PM »
Oks oks oks, Brader!!! ;) Thanks!!! BTW, nice tube buffer!!

Waiting in line lang yan brader pero gusto ko din kasi masubukan, kaso parang ang gulo-gulo ng schedule ko hahaha!  ;D ;D ;D

Thanks!  ;) ;) ;)

Offline JojoD818

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2016 on: Feb 14, 2010 at 11:27 AM »
Happy Valentine's Day to ALL!!!

Paka ingatan ang inyong mga tubo ha...  ;D ;D ;D

Offline muypogi

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2017 on: Feb 14, 2010 at 06:22 PM »

Mga tubero. . .  ::)

Offline Cjtjader

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Lux Lucis Volo
  • Liked:
« Reply #2018 on: Feb 14, 2010 at 07:15 PM »

Mas gamit ngayon yung mga vintage tubes ngayon kesa sa mga nos!!!! :D :D :D :D

Offline sonnysin168

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2019 on: Feb 16, 2010 at 11:24 AM »
Maiba lang ng konti Ka Jo:

I think I finally concluded the break-in of the my Cayin cd-50 that you tweaked. The Mundorfs really streched my patience to the max. I thought that the sound is stable and permanent at 350+ hours but I was wrong. I kept comparing the sound to my Lexicon RT-10 and I always felt that the Lexicon's high & mid is smoother and the bass deeper(but smaller).

I experimented by playing percussion-filled recordings like Noel Pointer's All My Reasons on a continuous mode for more than 50 more hours and then I listened again. The high's brilliance is already there not quite at par with the Lexicon. I tried listening to classical music, mainly Mozart and Beethoven selections. For violin solos, the cd-50 competes with the Lexicon but was beaten when full orchestra plays. Also notable is that the Lexicon's reproduction of cellos was clearer and smoother.

An idea hit me! I decided to put on Beethoven's 5th symphony on the Cayin and played it continuously for another 50+ hours. The results were fantastic! The highs and mids of the Cayin are a lot smoother and detailed. It's as if the background was cleaned of noises. Although the Lexicon bass is still deeper than the Cayin, now I think the latter, overall, is at par with the former, with the exception that the Lexicon is more laid back in presentation.

Of course, I can't attribute the change to the Mundorfs alone, but the the whole modification work you made, as I stated in my post several months back. Thanks a lot! And thanks to JoeyGS too who I consult from time to time as to his own experience in the cd-50.

Mabuhay ang kilusan!   

Offline JoeyGS

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Let your ears decide!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 181
« Reply #2020 on: Feb 16, 2010 at 12:49 PM »
congrats....now you can enjoy the music ;D ;D ;D

Offline JojoD818

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2021 on: Feb 16, 2010 at 01:03 PM »
Maiba lang ng konti Ka Jo:

I think I finally concluded the break-in of the my Cayin cd-50 that you tweaked. The Mundorfs really streched my patience to the max. I thought that the sound is stable and permanent at 350+ hours but I was wrong. I kept comparing the sound to my Lexicon RT-10 and I always felt that the Lexicon's high & mid is smoother and the bass deeper(but smaller).

I experimented by playing percussion-filled recordings like Noel Pointer's All My Reasons on a continuous mode for more than 50 more hours and then I listened again. The high's brilliance is already there not quite at par with the Lexicon. I tried listening to classical music, mainly Mozart and Beethoven selections. For violin solos, the cd-50 competes with the Lexicon but was beaten when full orchestra plays. Also notable is that the Lexicon's reproduction of cellos was clearer and smoother.

An idea hit me! I decided to put on Beethoven's 5th symphony on the Cayin and played it continuously for another 50+ hours. The results were fantastic! The highs and mids of the Cayin are a lot smoother and detailed. It's as if the background was cleaned of noises. Although the Lexicon bass is still deeper than the Cayin, now I think the latter, overall, is at par with the former, with the exception that the Lexicon is more laid back in presentation.

Of course, I can't attribute the change to the Mundorfs alone, but the the whole modification work you made, as I stated in my post several months back. Thanks a lot! And thanks to JoeyGS too who I consult from time to time as to his own experience in the cd-50.

Mabuhay ang kilusan!   

Sir,

Mabuti at tinamaan natin sa ulo yun pako!

Mabuhay!!!

PS: Sorry I missed your call, if I'm not working on a project, busy going back and forth to Air21 naman, hay... ;D

Enjoy!

Jojo

Offline muypogi

• DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2022 on: Feb 16, 2010 at 03:23 PM »
Maraming salamat kay Mag JojoD for my BabyG!  Running it in now in my office paired with my Castle Richmonds.  As I said in my PM, maasahan talaga.  Best buy.  Thought of getting a Dared MP-5, but hearing the BabyG I'm glad I didn't. . .

Still sounds solid state, but based on my limited listen, not that fatiguing vs transistors.  Ano kaya tunog kung hybrid BabyG? ::)

Oks din dahil pinagbigyan ako dun sa request to put in clear binding posts, para gwapo pag naka banana plugs. . .  ;D

« Last Edit: Feb 17, 2010 at 05:55 AM by muypogi »

Offline Cjtjader

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Lux Lucis Volo
  • Liked:
« Reply #2023 on: Feb 17, 2010 at 01:19 AM »
Sir,

PS: Sorry I missed your call, if I'm not working on a project, busy going back and forth to Air21 naman, hay... ;D

Enjoy!

Jojo

Hataw talaga si Brader!!!!  :) :) :)

Offline JojoD818

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2024 on: Feb 17, 2010 at 09:20 AM »
Maraming salamat kay Mag JojoD for my BabyG!  Running it in now in my office paired with my Castle Richmonds.  As I said in my PM, maasahan talaga.  Best buy.  Thought of getting a Dared MP-5, but hearing the BabyG I'm glad I didn't. . .

Still sounds solid state, but based on my limited listen, not that fatiguing vs transistors.  Ano kaya tunog kung hybrid BabyG? ::)

Oks din dahil pinagbigyan ako dun sa request to put in clear binding posts, para gwapo pag naka banana plugs. . .  ;D

Very nice, ganda naman ng office setup mo sir!  ;)

Thanks thanks

Hataw talaga si Brader!!!!  :) :) :)

Hahaha... kailangan Brader! haba pila hay... ;D

Offline mit05

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2025 on: Feb 17, 2010 at 09:23 PM »
Had the honor of listening to the babyG since moi's room is just right across mine all i could say is Yo d man Jo! I even dared moi to open up the hood so he could see for himself how clean and well thought out the layout is, i should know im a proud owner of several Jojo D masterpieces ;D It really matched well with the 33K castle richmonds, sosi talaga itong officemate kung ito, pang main speakers na ng iba, ginawa lang niyang pang opis!

Sa sobrang ganda ng babyG with the castle richmonds, tinapon ni moi yung kanyang nuforce icon....buti na lang nasalo ko at inuwi ko na...kung suswertihin ka nga naman! ;D

Offline Cjtjader

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Lux Lucis Volo
  • Liked:
« Reply #2026 on: Feb 17, 2010 at 09:40 PM »

Congrats!! Nice office set up! Wait 'til it reach 50hrs, it'll sound .......warm!! ;) ;)

Offline muypogi

• DVD Guru
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2027 on: Feb 17, 2010 at 10:23 PM »
Had the honor of listening to the babyG since moi's room is just right across mine all i could say is Yo d man Jo! I even dared moi to open up the hood so he could see for himself how clean and well thought out the layout is, i should know im a proud owner of several Jojo D masterpieces ;D It really matched well with the 33K castle richmonds, sosi talaga itong officemate kung ito, pang main speakers na ng iba, ginawa lang niyang pang opis!

Sa sobrang ganda ng babyG with the castle richmonds, tinapon ni moi yung kanyang nuforce icon....buti na lang nasalo ko at inuwi ko na...kung suswertihin ka nga naman! ;D

Ay hindi naman tinapon. . . alam ni Manong JojoD na mas matindi si mit05 kung bumanat.  Wala pa kalingkingan ang gears ko sa setup niya. . . vintage setup sa office and pamatay na setup sa bahay. 

Offline geriboy

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #2028 on: Feb 17, 2010 at 10:25 PM »
@muypogi... ang ganda ng setup ninyo, very minimalist. I hope to have a similar setup tulad ninyo in the future.

@jojoD... nakakatuwa naman po kayo, sobrang dami na ng nagawa ninyo na mga audio stuff. :D

Offline nizmo

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Guru
  • i'm new here.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2029 on: Feb 18, 2010 at 01:51 PM »
Jo musta na?
namimis na kita ;D ;D ;D

Offline JojoD818

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2030 on: Feb 18, 2010 at 03:57 PM »

Thanks thanks, made my day reading this sir. Btw, ang bilis mo sumalo sir ha...  ;D ;D ;D

@muypogi... ang ganda ng setup ninyo, very minimalist. I hope to have a similar setup tulad ninyo in the future.

@jojoD... nakakatuwa naman po kayo, sobrang dami na ng nagawa ninyo na mga audio stuff. :D

Doc Geri, sarap po kasi magkalikot ng mga gears. Yun lang ubos oras, wala pa tuloy R&D yun Class A headamp natin...  ;D

Offline JojoD818

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2031 on: Feb 18, 2010 at 04:02 PM »
Jo musta na?
namimis na kita ;D ;D ;D

Father!!! Naku mas miss namin kayo...  ;D Musta na po ba? Long time tahimik ah... o may bago na naman?  :D

Yun CJ papasukatan ko ng saya para kahit walang sumbrero may takip sa gilid at ilalim. Kailangan lang medyo makapal at matindi timbang ng CJ eh...  ;D ;D ;D

Buti yun VLPS opamp at diodes pa lang nagagalaw, may parating ako na solid tantalum pang bypass natin.  ;) ;) ;)

Offline geriboy

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2032 on: Feb 18, 2010 at 04:35 PM »
...Doc Geri, sarap po kasi magkalikot ng mga gears. Yun lang ubos oras, wala pa tuloy R&D yun Class A headamp natin...  ;D
hehehe, hindi pa naman ako nagmamadali sir jojo. I know madami rin kayong ginagawa. sobrang in-demand po kasi kayo eh :D basta balitaan nyo lang po ako re: the headphone amp :D

Offline JojoD818

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2033 on: Feb 18, 2010 at 04:43 PM »
hehehe, hindi pa naman ako nagmamadali sir jojo. I know madami rin kayong ginagawa. sobrang in-demand po kasi kayo eh :D basta balitaan nyo lang po ako re: the headphone amp :D

gagawa muna ako ng ganun para sa akin Doc...  ;)

Offline geriboy

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2034 on: Feb 18, 2010 at 05:02 PM »
gagawa muna ako ng ganun para sa akin Doc...  ;)
hehe sure sir! :D

Offline nizmo

• DVD Guru
  • i'm new here.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2035 on: Feb 18, 2010 at 05:02 PM »

Father!!! Naku mas miss namin kayo...  ;D Musta na po ba? Long time tahimik ah... o may bago na naman?  :D

Yun CJ papasukatan ko ng saya para kahit walang sumbrero may takip sa gilid at ilalim. Kailangan lang medyo makapal at matindi timbang ng CJ eh...  ;D ;D ;D

Buti yun VLPS opamp at diodes pa lang nagagalaw, may parating ako na solid tantalum pang bypass natin.  ;) ;) ;)

;D ;D ;D

abala lang sa paglalaba ng mga plaka kasi...
nakabili ng washing machine kaya ayun naglalabandero muna ;D ;D ;D

ok yan saya... bigat nga nyan, hirapan akong buhatin yan :(

di na ko naghahanap ng bago... solved na ko sa AIKIDO at gusgusing power amp dito  ;D ;D ;D

Offline JojoD818

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bring it on!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2036 on: Feb 18, 2010 at 05:37 PM »
;D ;D ;D

di na ko naghahanap ng bago... solved na ko sa AIKIDO at gusgusing power amp dito  ;D ;D ;D

panalo po Aikido + ST70 combo ano?  ;D ;D ;D

Offline nizmo

• DVD Guru
  • i'm new here.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2037 on: Feb 18, 2010 at 07:20 PM »

panalo po Aikido + ST70 combo ano?  ;D ;D ;D

absolutely... super winner!!!

ST70 + AIKIDO seem to be a perfect match for my ears.  ;D ;D ;D
stock pa... lalo na kapag sasabawan pa natin itong ST70. ::)

Offline Cjtjader

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Lux Lucis Volo
  • Liked:
« Reply #2038 on: Feb 18, 2010 at 07:41 PM »
;D ;D ;D

Naku fr. Jim, congrats sa bagong hakot ninyo!  ;)enjoy mglaba,ano po? sabay tugtog!!!!

Offline nizmo

• DVD Guru
  • i'm new here.
  • Liked:
« Reply #2039 on: Feb 18, 2010 at 07:55 PM »
Naku fr. Jim, congrats sa bagong hakot ninyo!  ;)enjoy mglaba,ano po? sabay tugtog!!!!

uy musta brader Cal.? yung order ko di ko pa maipa-go. :(
enjoy nga po ang maglaba... nakakalibang, madalas inaabot ako ng madaling araw.  ;D ;D ;D