Author Topic: Turntable Part 2  (Read 232864 times)

Offline stereophile

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • What matters is in the groove...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Turntable Part 2
« Reply #180 on: Apr 19, 2004 at 02:06 AM »
Guys,

Just got hold of our old turntable i check the net mukhang Lenco L75 meron pa kayang needle available or any possible replacement??

Why don't you PM M_Shoe_Maker. I believe he used to own a Lenco at one time. I'm sure he will be able to help you not only with cart choices but also setting up your 'table. Happy spinning! O0

Offline H a n $

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #181 on: Apr 19, 2004 at 10:17 AM »
Avphile and Stereophile,

Thanks will try to check out possible replacement parts..

Offline stereophile

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #182 on: Apr 19, 2004 at 11:23 AM »
Francine & Hans- If things don't work out, you can always source out a 2nd Hand TECHNICS ttable, or if budget allows, a new entry level turntable like the Project Debut or Goldring GR-1. Both of these new 'tables are sold with a cartridge.

Offline MiniCooper

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #183 on: May 08, 2004 at 09:46 AM »
my newest addition... yamaha pf-1000  ;D ;D ;D

the technics table (SLBD-20D) will have to take a backseat muna...

Offline bravoexo

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #184 on: May 11, 2004 at 02:42 PM »
MiniCooper,

Where did you get that?  Ganda ah...  How much?

Are you selling that technics turntable?

To Stanton users,

mayroon ba rito available?  May distributor daw sila rito (actually just a few blocks from my place yung address, pero they haven't replied to my email)...  magkano kaya yung mga STR80 - 150 series nila rito?
Sony KDL-55W904A, HK AVR330, DAV-DZ950, Xbox One, 360 and PS3, Wharfedale Diamond 8.4, PSW110

Offline bravoexo

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #185 on: May 13, 2004 at 04:52 PM »
Guys,

Forerunner just emailed back, they have available in stock, STR8-30B packages for 12,800.  Is this ok, kahit analog out siya.  Or should I look for the digital turntables of Stanton?

Thanks in advance,
Sony KDL-55W904A, HK AVR330, DAV-DZ950, Xbox One, 360 and PS3, Wharfedale Diamond 8.4, PSW110

Offline MiniCooper

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #186 on: May 14, 2004 at 10:45 AM »
MiniCooper,

Where did you get that?  Ganda ah...  How much?

Are you selling that technics turntable?

bravoexo,  thanks!  i got the table here in NJ.  It's a mid-80's flagship table... last production reference table ng yamaha noon.  The dealer gave it to me for a sweet deal.  I only intended to replace the p-mount cart of the technics to a grado (green).  After 6 weeks of waiting the order came in and it was the wrong mount-- standard.  :(  Nahiya sa akin kaya parang presyo na lang nang cart ang bigay sa akin.  I bought the cart na rin for spare.  ;D

I still have the entry level technics (SLBD-20D).  medyo mahirap yata ipadala sa Pinas.  baka mahal ang shipment.

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Sevilla and Sons Sausages
  • Liked:
« Reply #187 on: May 14, 2004 at 10:29 PM »
Coops,

Iuwi mo yan para sa akin. Isama mo na yung VDH ko na interconnect. thanks hehehe

Levi

Offline sandawa

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • DVD Addict
  • Remember Hegel's dialectics!
  • Liked:
« Reply #188 on: May 15, 2004 at 08:42 AM »
my newest addition... yamaha pf-1000  ;D ;D ;D

the technics table (SLBD-20D) will have to take a backseat muna...

This looks familiar. I saw a prototype Yamaha turntable similar to this in a Tokyo audiophile shop back in the early '80s when I was student. But it had a black stone platter, roughly 2 inches thick, and the rest of the utrnatable housing in Italian marble. Made the Delphi Oracle appear like a kid's toy. Was told it weighed about half a ton.
thesis - antithesis - synthesis

Offline kenchix1

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Collector
  • Newbie since 2002
  • Liked:
« Reply #189 on: May 17, 2004 at 03:39 PM »
Guys,

Just got hold of our old turntable i check the net mukhang Lenco L75 meron pa kayang needle available or any possible replacement??

This TT is cool, made in switzerland and it has the 78 and 16 speed aside from the 45 and 33. I saw one of this turntable from a friend and tested it with shure cart when I to picked up the Luxman PD-277 turntable from him where i use the shure cart that I bought.

Offline marty_e

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #190 on: May 17, 2004 at 03:49 PM »
Excellent resource/discussion on Lenco L75's.

http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/fr.pl?eanlg&1075644493&openflup&27&4#27

http://www.stefanopasini.it/My%20Turntables-Lenco-Thumbs.htm

I too have one of those but have yet to re-plinth, re-arm it.

Offline MiniCooper

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #191 on: May 18, 2004 at 08:11 AM »
Coops,

Iuwi mo yan para sa akin. Isama mo na yung VDH ko na interconnect. thanks hehehe

Levi

Levi,  the technics is way too entry level for your taste.  he he he.... ;)  Pre, this new table really rocks!

btw,  I just added a parasound p/ph100 phono preamp.  It's a lot better that than the onboard pre-amp of the yammy.  next project... dedicated audio AMP!  can't wait to get my hands on the tono preamp. wifey will bring it home for me in June.   ;)

let me know kung magkano ang budget for the the VDH cables?  I noticed that it is cheaper there in Manila.  Saw some folks in wiredstate sell for 1.8k.

Offline stereophile

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #192 on: May 18, 2004 at 09:08 AM »
levi,
Bro', the analog bug has really bitten you! O0 More power to you! (and more LPs!)

You really can't go wrong with a Technics. But I thought you own a  Technics TTable alredi? Are you planning to mix?

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Sevilla and Sons Sausages
  • Liked:
« Reply #193 on: May 19, 2004 at 11:30 PM »
Actually no time to use my whole system including the HT. Out of town project ko so I go home very late. Its been a while I havent used my tube amp. Kung nakuha ko lang yung 1000 pcs of imported records. Sayang talaga!

Offline Cosmo

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #194 on: May 21, 2004 at 02:02 PM »

bravoexo,  thanks!  i got the table here in NJ.  It's a mid-80's flagship table... last production reference table ng yamaha noon.  The dealer gave it to me for a sweet deal.  I only intended to replace the p-mount cart of the technics to a grado (green).  After 6 weeks of waiting the order came in and it was the wrong mount-- standard.  :(  Nahiya sa akin kaya parang presyo na lang nang cart ang bigay sa akin.  I bought the cart na rin for spare.  ;D

I still have the entry level technics (SLBD-20D).  medyo mahirap yata ipadala sa Pinas.  baka mahal ang shipment.

baka kung san pa mapunta yung turntable, ship mo na yan dito sa kin!!!! I found a way para makapag internet!! I used my  t610 as a modem/phone to connect to the internet, galing talaga ng ericsson!!! will call you this weekend!!! ::) ::) ::)

Offline bravoexo

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #195 on: Jun 14, 2004 at 07:56 PM »
Finally got a Panasonic SL-JR50 automatic turntable from Spike666, intially found problems - turns out the low output he was talking about is because the needle was bent all the way to the opposite direction... sheez.  I tried to bend it back, but to no avail as it broke.  So I bought a Shure M92E as a replacement cartridge... with my sis's headphone amp and combined with my HK AVR330... whoa!!!  Ang lakas!  Ang ganda na ng tunog!!   Tried it first with my dad's Platter's LP.

Next up, getting a NAD PP-2 phono stage, and some LP cleaning materials or so...  Unless I find an MF X-LP for under 10k, I might stick with my sis's head amp for a little bit until I get a NAD PP-2 or something from the US.

Offline skramm

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • wazzup ese?
  • Liked:
« Reply #196 on: Jun 15, 2004 at 05:21 PM »
you could also brew a DIY record cleaning solution of your own as the branded LP cleaning kits may cost  :o
insane in the brain!

Offline MiniCooper

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #197 on: Jun 15, 2004 at 10:31 PM »
Finally got a Panasonic SL-JR50 automatic turntable from Spike666, intially found problems - turns out the low output he was talking about is because the needle was bent all the way to the opposite direction... sheez.  I tried to bend it back, but to no avail as it broke.  So I bought a Shure M92E as a replacement cartridge... with my sis's headphone amp and combined with my HK AVR330... whoa!!!  Ang lakas!  Ang ganda na ng tunog!!   Tried it first with my dad's Platter's LP.

Next up, getting a NAD PP-2 phono stage, and some LP cleaning materials or so...  Unless I find an MF X-LP for under 10k, I might stick with my sis's head amp for a little bit until I get a NAD PP-2 or something from the US.

hey bravoexo,  i suggest you go for a parasound p/ph100 or the project phono box.  They are the same price point but outperforms the NAD PP-2.

Offline bravoexo

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #198 on: Jun 16, 2004 at 07:26 AM »
Thanks guys.  I haven't heard from redkoji about the pre-order of the NAD PP-2 so I might as well hunt for  the parasound ph100 or pro-ject phono box in the US, since I'll be going there soon.

Offline jerix

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • got no golden ears...just loving music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #199 on: Jun 21, 2004 at 03:16 PM »
my receiver has no PHONO IN, but it has AUX IN---can i use the AUX IN for the turntable? thnx ::)
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline iceman90a

• DVD Guru
  • picture this!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #200 on: Jun 21, 2004 at 03:20 PM »
my receiver has no PHONO IN, but it has AUX IN---can i use the AUX IN for the turntable? thnx ::)

kailangan mo pa ng ground connection bro, di pwede kung wala unless pareho ng mga bagong turntable na wala nang ground wire - pero dapat sa phono in pa rin nakakabit...

ano ba mga lp mo? wag ka na mag plaka - kunin ko na lang yan :D he he he - joke lang
money is best spent

Offline jerix

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #201 on: Jun 21, 2004 at 04:44 PM »
huh ganun ba?  akala ko pwedeng sa aux lang, dami pa palang requirements--  :-\ me sampu yata akong old LPs on my possession bro. though there are still some in the province -- ill check the titles..

Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline sandawa

• DVD Addict
  • Remember Hegel's dialectics!
  • Liked:
« Reply #202 on: Jun 21, 2004 at 05:08 PM »

Puwede mong isaksak yan sa AUX ng receiver mo, pero hindi mo maririnig ang tunog. Ang solusyon mo, bumili ka ng surplus amp, siguradong may phono in 'yan. Kahit subukan mo muna yung pinakamura, mga 50wpc, siguro ibibigay yan ng P1.5K hanggang P2K. Kung less than 10 ang LPs mo at hindi naman collectors' items (i.e., may CD versions na) ibenta mo na lang ang turntable with the LPs baka may mga interesado dito sa forum.
thesis - antithesis - synthesis

Offline jerix

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #203 on: Jun 22, 2004 at 08:51 AM »
Sandawa,

thnks for the info-- i have another component with a PHONO input i might as well use this-- then from the component's AUDIO OUT, pasok ko sa AUX ng receiver -- pwede na kaya ito?  ::) thnks in advance. ;D

Offline iceman90a

• DVD Guru
  • picture this!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #204 on: Jun 22, 2004 at 09:28 AM »
pwede yan - lalabas na phonostage lang yung naunang component :) wag mo lang kabitan ng speakers
money is best spent

Offline jcob

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #205 on: Jul 05, 2004 at 12:21 PM »
mga sirs and guru,

question lang po. I have an old AIWA  turntable kasi which was never used. this came with the AIWA mini compo noon ( I think this is almost 12 years old). The mini compo was the only one utilized since noong mga 1990 wala na yatang LP's, so itinago na lang yung TT.

the TT looks brand new pa. the part were the needle is place has a plastic cover to protect it i just don't know kung okay pa.

question is can i connect it to my NAD receiver (T752 - no phono input).
i also notice that the connector of the TT  is flat ribbon not the RCA type that I usually see on ordinary TT.

hope you could help.

thanks

jcob

Offline Audioboy

• DVD Guru
  • "That's a matter of opinion, decide yourself"
  • Liked:
« Reply #206 on: Jul 05, 2004 at 12:31 PM »
mga sirs and guru,

question lang po. I have an old AIWA  turntable kasi which was never used. this came with the AIWA mini compo noon ( I think this is almost 12 years old). The mini compo was the only one utilized since noong mga 1990 wala na yatang LP's, so itinago na lang yung TT.

the TT looks brand new pa. the part were the needle is place has a plastic cover to protect it i just don't know kung okay pa.

question is can i connect it to my NAD receiver (T752 - no phono input).
i also notice that the connector of the TT  is flat ribbon not the RCA type that I usually see on ordinary TT.

hope you could help.

thanks

jcob

you cant connect that to your NAD T752 unless your AIWA has built in phono stage.

if the connector is flat ribbon, have it converted into RCA type.

may phono in ba yung aiwa compo nyo? if yes, di talaga pwede kabit sa NAD.

Offline jcob

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #207 on: Jul 05, 2004 at 03:45 PM »
Sir,

Meron po Phono input yung Aiwa compo. Package kasi sya. So wala na pala talagang silbi yung Turntable. Sayang naman kasi parang bagong bago pa (bagong luma nga lang).

Subukan ko rin if I can use the Aiwa compo to be the Phono pre-amp.

thanks sir...

Offline Superman

• Trade Count: (+138)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Master Showman Presents...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 366
« Reply #208 on: Jul 05, 2004 at 04:00 PM »
bro, you can try selling it here...dami interested with analog these days...let us know, baka we can help you (either hook it up or sell it)...thanks! 8)
Fyne|EAR|Hana|Technics|SAEC|Wiim|Western Electric|Audiolab|Acrolink|Oyaide|Oppo|Tellurium

Offline jcob

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #209 on: Jul 05, 2004 at 04:56 PM »
sir, actually i'm willing to spent a little just to use the turntable. just want to know kung pwede ipa convert yung flat ribbon to rca or whatever. then i'll just buy a phono pre-amp maybe. pwede ba yung nandun sa phasetron? i saw one kasi there.

by the way wala ba talagang power source yung Turntable. yung flat ribbon lang kasi nakikita ko eh.

i noticed nga that there are lots of people here in pinoydvd and wiredstate who wants to hear music from LPs. i'm intrigue and at the same time curious on how it sounds, that's why I want to set-up also. my wife is begining to think that i'm crazy. kasi turntable naman daw ngayon then tube amp, sabi parang paurong daw ang mga gusto ko plus the music that i listen to now are oldies daw. well the good part is that she knows what i'm busy for at kung ano ang pinagkakaabalahan.

ot na yata a.  so mga guru and sirs help naman. and can i also join some of your sessions para makarinig naman ako ng analog and tube gears. just to experience ba.

thanks...