Author Topic: No local DVD release of Kill Bill, Lost in Translation, Eternal Sunshine  (Read 2909 times)

Offline xeqtionr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • ALL your BASE are BELONG to US...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0

I was just wondering, how come such movies as Kill Bill (1 & 2), Lost in Translation, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, were never released locally on DVD? (VCD format lang) :-\ I know its local distributor, Star Records, had released DVD versions of CHicago, The Aviator, Gangs of New York. Baka mali lang ako, possibly those movies I mentioned earlier have different local distributors...

Screws fall off everytime. The world is an imperfect place...

Offline wrAth

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Addict
  • Simple lang, pero rock.
  • Liked:
I was just wondering, how come such movies as Kill Bill (1 & 2), Lost in Translation, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, were never released locally on DVD? (VCD format lang) :-\ I know its local distributor, Star Records, had released DVD versions of CHicago, The Aviator, Gangs of New York. Baka mali lang ako, possibly those movies I mentioned earlier have different local distributors...

given the quality of the Star Records releases you mentioned, those movies are probably better off not having (philippine) R3 versions.
Quo vadis?

Offline huge_fox

• Apprentice
  • I'm an X-Phile
  • Liked:
Is there any chance na ma-release ang Kill Bill dito?   ???
Trust No One

Offline hung up 25

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
......eternal sunshine of the spotless mind R3?

Offline xeqtionr

• Collector
  • ALL your BASE are BELONG to US...
  • Liked:
given the quality of the Star Records releases you mentioned, those movies are probably better off not having (philippine) R3 versions.

...and Star Records happened to be the local distributor for the Oscar-winning Crash ...
Screws fall off everytime. The world is an imperfect place...

Offline viperkid

• Collector
  • Liked:
Is Star Records going to be the next C-Interactive? I think they will be... >:(

Offline T-850

• DVD Addict
  • you are TERMINATED!!!
  • Liked:
correct me if im wrong but i can't seem to find a local release of sin city.. or is it out somewhere locally that i dont know of?

Offline X-®an™

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
correct me if im wrong but i can't seem to find a local release of sin city.. or is it out somewhere locally that i dont know of?

Ako rin interested sa Sin City.  I was actually holding a DVD of this yesterday (at Hongkong airport).  I think it comes with a notebook (or comics ata) selling for HK$ 150 (if memory serves me right).  Do you guys think it's a good buy na?  I will be passing HK airport kasi again on Wednesday (April 12) eh?

Offline d4nu65+3R

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • "i'm real when it's useful."
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
and yet more reasons why i prefer r1 dvds.  even if they release the aforementioned titles here, there will undoubtedly be star records imprints on the packaging which kinda sucks.  used to hate it when viva placed viva ads at the beginning of their vhs tapes releases.  tried to doctor my local tapes kasi back then and tried to make them imported looking.  kaso when you popped it in the vcr, viva appears kaya buko tuloy...

Offline munky

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • DVD Addict
  • who's who?
  • Liked:

Merun VCD ang Sin City released by C-Interactive
Still world peace

Offline T-850

• DVD Addict
  • you are TERMINATED!!!
  • Liked:
@munky - i was actually referring to a dvd copy of the film since i do see a lot of VCD copies around..
@x-ran - do u have a picture of what the copy of the dvd looks like in terms of packaging or do u have a link of a possible HK special edition release of the film? thanks..
« Last Edit: Apr 10, 2006 at 06:20 PM by T-850 »

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
Ako rin interested sa Sin City.  I was actually holding a DVD of this yesterday (at Hongkong airport).  I think it comes with a notebook (or comics ata) selling for HK$ 150 (if memory serves me right).  Do you guys think it's a good buy na?  I will be passing HK airport kasi again on Wednesday (April 12) eh?

that release is OOP but does not contain the uncut editions. seen the pix and was amazed by the mighty design.

digipak, right?

8)

Offline X-®an™

• DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
that release is OOP but does not contain the uncut editions. seen the pix and was amazed by the mighty design.

digipak, right?

8)

Really?  OOP na?  Wow... this makes my buying it more sulit!  Although, you are right... di pa ito yung Uncut Edition.  The 'extra' was a notebook.

If you are interested in buying that release, I think I can buy you a copy the next time I pass by HK airport (I might be passing by again this coming Sunday).  Although mas mura pa siguro kung di ako sa airport bibili.

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
thanks so much.

i am happy with my R1 Extended Release though.

8)

Offline d4nu65+3R

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
how true is the news that a copy of the uncut unrated etc. version of sin city is going for 4500 bucks in one of the toy stores in greenhills?  sobra naman yata yun.

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
baka french release yung with OST and all the books.

;D ;D

Offline d4nu65+3R

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
my nephew checked it out.  yun daw yung unrated edition na available sa marketplace... :)

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
actually.. that set hit bottom price at $19 on sale before.

8)

Offline ghost2192

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here?
  • Liked:
how true is the news that a copy of the uncut unrated etc. version of sin city is going for 4500 bucks in one of the toy stores in greenhills?  sobra naman yata yun.

What PHP4,500.00? This is way too expenisve.
I need a life!