Author Topic: iMAtZ THxEATER  (Read 188270 times)

Offline MAtZTER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: The new MAtZTER's DEN
« Reply #210 on: Dec 21, 2005 at 02:09 PM »
Thanks everyone  :)

Very nice sir. 1st class ang dating. The leds I believe are part of the appeal in my opinion. The only thing I would probably change would be the voltage regulator and replace it with a HTS monster power center to make it more attractive, but everything else looks absolutely great. Congrats sir and keep it up.

AAAAH!! Noooo! Dont give me ideas like that!  ;D I have been doing my best to keep away from SARS or any upgrade fever. Anyway thanks for the input, its highly appreciated...now I wonder if they sell that monster thing here.... ;D

very nice indeed. congrats!

don't you get distracted now by the displays on your gear and the LEDs? i had to reorient my room to move the equipment rack to the side, and even then i find myself taping over those bright LEDs.

more power! more upgrades!

Thanks boss slowhand. Like Erwin said, the leds are part of the appeal. I just love those blue LEDs and its one of the reasons/factors why I got them in the first place, terno ang Velo CHT-12r, HK630, Giec HVD player and maybe the Toshiba 350 HDMI player. Its not distracting at all to me and all of them can be turned off thru remote anyway. As you can see from my other pictures, I just love ambient blue lights.

:)
« Last Edit: Dec 21, 2005 at 02:16 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #211 on: Dec 21, 2005 at 02:52 PM »
congrats sir matz, dvd guru ka na!! ;D ;D

HEhe thanks, tamang tama its my son's first bday as well. Guro/titser na po ako.

Funny thing I noticed with my son. He just turned 1 year old today and a week ago, after he learned how to walk, the next motor skill I noticed that he learned was to get the remote and point it at the right devices.

I saw him get the aircon remote and point it at the aircon (kahit baligtad), and later he got the DVD player remote and was trying to press some buttons while pointing at the correct DVD player!

He is learning from his dad!

He is also leaning like a don when watching movies with us.  Nakataas pa ang paa! The 100 inch screen really attracts his attention.

excellent set-up sir matz!!! kaya sa mga gustong magpagawa ng HT room or renovate....this is the room to look out for......more power sir matz......meron pa ba sars? ahh....the hdmi capable dvd player!!! ;D ;D

Sana Toshiba 350, tempting din yung Denon 1920. Pero 10-12m HDMI cable would be costly din. Haay, sana malalim din bulsa ko tulad ni munskie  ;D

meron ba available nyan dito....saw sa amazon...$495 ata....dang!! :o :o :o

US$500 for a power regulator? geez, not in my league.  :'(

Can I just paint my YAden AVR black para porma?   :D
« Last Edit: Dec 21, 2005 at 03:57 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #212 on: Dec 21, 2005 at 02:59 PM »
happy bday to your son sir matz....i think pag nahilig na rin sa HT son mo, iba na technlogy nun..hehehe....virtual movies perhaps?  anyway, suicide lang ako sir matz....i just don't know kung pwede pa mag sars pag married na.....(btw my fiance was featured sa PIPOL last night).....anyway, denon would be an excellent choice...... ;D ;D

Offline shuttertrigger

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • 1, 2, 3 say Kimchi!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 657
« Reply #213 on: Dec 21, 2005 at 07:34 PM »
what can i say sir matz....? :o im totally speechless... congrats sir!
Hey, that's my bike!

Offline ricky

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544
« Reply #214 on: Dec 22, 2005 at 12:00 AM »
The location of the projector-on a shelf at the back. No problem since the AE900 has a zoom function so it is very flexible when it comes to placement. I had difficulty getting a good shot, my hands were shaky so here is the best I got  ::):

Visible: plug for the projector that goes all the way to the AVRegulator, the component cable from ceiling and the ceiling receptacle for the 6th & 7th channel.

For those who noticed the 20 pcs of Incredibles (15 are R1) on the shelf in the old picture, they are gone now...with several happy kids (and 1 happy big guy from pinoydvd  ;)).  :)

Pardon the exposed wires, I still havent fixed the plate cover.  :)

post #1000  :D

Very happy indeed guru ;D

Offline vvt-i

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #215 on: Dec 22, 2005 at 09:52 AM »
mat,

you did it again!  congrats! it's awesome! :)

Offline ricky

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #216 on: Dec 22, 2005 at 10:04 AM »
Sarap sana bro kung dyan mo ihost yung screening ng demo disc natin for all the 12 participants involved sa project  ;D

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #217 on: Dec 22, 2005 at 11:51 AM »
Thanks Jetok, Cire, Erwin, Ricky, Edboy (my most commonly encountered pdvd member).

happy bday to your son sir matz....i think pag nahilig na rin sa HT son mo, iba na technlogy nun..hehehe....virtual movies perhaps?  anyway, suicide lang ako sir matz....i just don't know kung pwede pa mag sars pag married na.....(btw my fiance was featured sa PIPOL last night).....anyway, denon would be an excellent choice...... ;D ;D

Pwede pa SARS bro, dont worry about it.  If your wife is supportive of your hobby, its not really a problem. Its when you got kids already that you would be conscious about SARS.

Lately, my wife is even the one justifying & showing off the HT to her friends and relatives. It really makes me happy to hear her do that. Funny thing too, when I was just installing the PJ, I didnt know her friends were invited that day and nagkandarapa akong tapusin yung HT ng madalian (thats why the wires are still a mess). Nauna pa wife kong ipakita yung PJ sa friends nya than my friends. It was wonderful, I got her to like my hobby too!

meron pa ba sars?  ahh....the hdmi capable dvd player!!!   ;D ;D

For now, the upconverting GIEC DVD player does the job. For the cost of the Denon, I couldnt justify it   :'(, so I would just wait for the next BR or HD DVD players coming next year.

Actually I remembered that the only SARS I had for this HT was the motorized screen, in tandem with a RF remote controlled wall switch (intelligent lighting). Its a programmable switch where the lights are set to your configuration and you can also program the motorized screen to come up or down along with the lighting effect you want. Its so cool but I guess its not necessary. Its costly too.  :-\

« Last Edit: Dec 23, 2005 at 05:47 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline ricky

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #218 on: Dec 22, 2005 at 12:00 PM »
Congrats bro  ;D.

Offline ESi

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #219 on: Dec 23, 2005 at 01:38 PM »
MAT,

What can I say....wala. Im sure its a dream come true. I cant wait for a demo. Pwewde ba? I assume that when at work, you always look forward to coming home to your family and watch blockbusters in this rig! Congrats and Happy Holidays! ;)
Ars longa, Vita Brevis, Judicium dificile

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #220 on: Dec 23, 2005 at 05:40 PM »
Sarap sana bro kung dyan mo ihost yung screening ng demo disc natin for all the 12 participants involved sa project ;D

Di kaasya 12 pare, kanina nga 6 kids (plus me, wife & yaya) watched Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, siksikan na.

Baka pwede pero kandungan tayo lahat :P. eww!!

MAT,

What can I say....wala. Im sure its a dream come true. I cant wait for a demo. Pwewde ba? I assume that when at work, you always look forward to coming home to your family and watch blockbusters in this rig! Congrats and Happy Holidays! ;)

Thanks Doc!   :)

Sure thing  ;)! You got that right! I always look forward to watching (audio listening too), but there are just so many parties lately this holiday season, so no time to watch  :-\.

Anyway Happy Holidays to you and your family too.

And HAPPY HOLIDAYS TO EVERYONE  :) :) :)
« Last Edit: Dec 26, 2005 at 02:38 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline old_age

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • DVD Addict
  • "keep off the grass especially when wet"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #221 on: Dec 23, 2005 at 08:50 PM »
great upgrade buddy!

a dream come true...c ount me in for the session.

i'm pretty sure your Christmas will be Merry now that you have your new precious.

Merry Christmas! Regards.
La Germania Single Burner
Panasonic Washing Machine
Hanabishi Floorstanding Electric Fan

Offline sanmig_ph

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Guru
  • Sarap Magbago....
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #222 on: Dec 24, 2005 at 10:07 PM »
sir matz congratz, merry xmas to you & to your family :D
He always provides!  and He always does when you least expect it!

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #223 on: Dec 26, 2005 at 09:25 AM »
sir matz, what a gorgeous & exquisite HT set-up you've got there, IMHO it is the best so far that i've seen here at pinoydvd, pang-reference talaga & could easily qualify to be featured in an HT magazine :).......& what makes it even more special is the ingenuity, creativeness, determination & lots of sweat (i suppose) that you have personally exerted in literally squeezing it to your modest sized home......hatz off to sir & congratz!!! 8)

PS: if you have the chance & it's OK w/ you, please PM me the source & price of your PT-AE900, thanks :D

Offline doorknob2k1

• Collector
  • Newbie here... be kind to me. =)
  • Liked:
« Reply #224 on: Dec 26, 2005 at 10:18 AM »
ang gandaaaaaaaaaa!!!  ;D    tulo laway ako! (slurrrp!) :P ;D :P

Actually I remembered that the only SARS I had for this HT was the motorized screen, in tandem with a RF remote controlled wall switch (intelligent lighting). Its a programmable switch where the lights are set to your configuration and you can also program the motorized screen to come up or down along with the lighting effect you want. Its so cool but I guess its not necessary. Its costly too.  :-\

sir MAtZTER, ive been looking around local diy shops for these switches... can't find any. :( 
i've seen these in smarthome.com... wala bang local distributor nitong mga switch na ito? ???

ganda setup! congrats and happy new year!!!  ;D

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #225 on: Dec 26, 2005 at 02:22 PM »
ang gandaaaaaaaaaa!!!  ;D    tulo laway ako! (slurrrp!) :P ;D :P

sir MAtZTER, ive been looking around local diy shops for these switches... can't find any. :( 
i've seen these in smarthome.com... wala bang local distributor nitong mga switch na ito? ???

ganda setup! congrats and happy new year!!!  ;D

Thanks bro, actually our fellow pinoydvd member DEPTH OF FIELD is a dealer of these switches. He is selling it at cheaper prices than the other brand that goes for P40k/ panel switch (OUCH). I met him at the Nov. HiFi show and it turns out we already met before from our Architects group meetings.

To DEPTH of Field: sponsor mo naman ako ng switch mo!  ;D
« Last Edit: Dec 26, 2005 at 02:51 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #226 on: Dec 26, 2005 at 02:26 PM »
Thanks Sanmig_ph and New Age, Merry Xmas & Happy New Year  :)!

Sarap ng holidays, time for us to watch our DVDs.

Sing...its the most wonderful time...of the year!!!...

sir matz, what a gorgeous & exquisite HT set-up you've got there, IMHO it is the best so far that i've seen here at pinoydvd, pang-reference talaga & could easily qualify to be featured in an HT magazine :).......& what makes it even more special is the ingenuity, creativeness, determination & lots of sweat (i suppose) that you have personally exerted in literally squeezing it to your modest sized home......hatz off to sir & congratz!!! 8)

PS: if you have the chance & it's OK w/ you, please PM me the source & price of your PT-AE900, thanks :D

Thanks for your kind words sir Classicman  :)! Sweat it is indeed, I am still paying for the cost..., hehe, so no upgrades for some time  ;D.

I got my AE900 from Sonny Tuazon. If you are coming to Manila any time soon, I would recommend that you get from him too.
« Last Edit: Dec 26, 2005 at 04:46 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline old_age

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #227 on: Dec 29, 2005 at 09:58 PM »
Hey Matt,

Thanks for the wonderful HT session today...it was really worth going to your place.  HK truly blends well with the Mission M3s ... the velodyne is really a great sub, pumps out real bass ... sound imaging is hard to beat.... the Panasonic AE900 projector is something to crow about, napakalinaw considering it is a projector equipment, so fine.... amazing colors and details.... not to forget the capabilities of the Denon dvd player, very reliable and versatile....and lastly, your personalized Demo Disc!... GRABE! couldn't ask for more dude....video and audio are great!  The Chocnuts are also good..even better than Godiva!

Nice meeting you Angelo, Ricky and Paul.  Thank you Mrs. Matt for your usual hospitality.

Jetok and I are unanimous in the verdict... yan na yun! no need to improve further ... as it is, it sounded amazing and realistic.... Congrats Matt!  That is what you truly calls a HOME THEATER... till next buddy! 

Happy New Gear, este, Year pala!
« Last Edit: Dec 29, 2005 at 10:00 PM by new_age »

Offline vvt-i

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #228 on: Dec 29, 2005 at 10:39 PM »
matt,

one word to describe your ht setup.........AMAZING.

pinigilan ko lang tumulo laway ko kanina sa sofa bed mo sa ganda ng setup mo.  ;D  ;D 

Ricky, Paul, nice meeting you.

Esi,

nice to hear that you revived your st70.  good to see you again.  :)

Joel,

Salamat sa paghatid sundo at sa free consultation and lesson on room acoustic 101.  ;D

Happy New Year!

Offline ricky

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #229 on: Dec 30, 2005 at 01:12 AM »
ferdy,esi,sillyputty,new age,and jetok,very nice meeting you guys.It was a pleasure to exchange views on our hobby with you all. Sayang hindi complete audio boys para nameet ko na sana lahat, di bale may next time pa naman and surely may gulaman na.  ;D Mr&mrs matz thanks again for the hospitality and for welcoming all of us in your celebrity home  ;)

Offline old_age

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #230 on: Dec 30, 2005 at 10:12 AM »
Hi Ricky!

Abot-tanaw lang pala ang distance natin nila jetok... sama ka minsan sa gulaman.  you may want to bring your wife along also, audiophile pala si mrs. eh! ;D

Happy New Year!

Offline ricky

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #231 on: Dec 30, 2005 at 08:37 PM »
Hi Ricky!

Abot-tanaw lang pala ang distance natin nila jetok... sama ka minsan sa gulaman.  you may want to bring your wife along also, audiophile pala si mrs. eh! ;D

Happy New Year!

Ok bro will try,set natin sa house ko meron ako exclusivo gulaman waiting for you guys ;D ;D ;D

Offline vvt-i

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #232 on: Dec 30, 2005 at 10:46 PM »
Ok bro will try,set natin sa house ko meron ako exclusivo gulaman waiting for you guys ;D ;D ;D

uy GULAMAN? sama ako jan.  ;D  ;D  ;D

Offline sillyputty

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #233 on: Dec 31, 2005 at 12:11 AM »
matz...salamat ng madami!!
galing ng setup mo...sana pag naayos yung theater ko e kahit kalahati lang ng ganda ng theater mo e ok na ako hehehe
sa lahat ng pumunta...nice meeting you guys hehehe

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #234 on: Dec 31, 2005 at 11:45 AM »
Thanks pipol! I really had a great time with you guys. Ang saya saya!  :D

To those who were early, Ferdie was the one responsible for my addiction in this hobby. He is a 1st gen. pinoydvd member but he has forgotten his handle name already. I always jokingly blame him for my addiction.

Thanks to the ever generous Ricky for the Pizza. Ok yan if ricky hosts the next HT session, galing ng gears ni ricky, very detailed! And siguradong overflowing ang gulaman dyan!

A BIG THANK YOU to sillyputty for brining the Denon 1920 & HDMI cable! dude you saved me a lot of money just by coming here! I wont need to have SARS for the Denon anymore since the GIEC performs just as good in terms of video, wala lang universal playing capability & not as good for audio ang Giec. Your denon sounds great for audio! Great video too! Congrats!

Thanks to esi, new age & Jetok. its always fun & educational to be with you guys. Many of my gears and placements are actually taught to me by my gurus New age (& Hans too!). I learned a lot from your HT gallery post & your personal recommendations during our sessions here. Thanks for your recommendations buddy, walang paltos mga recommendations mo, galing!

Thanks for coming guys!

Happy New Year everyone!!!
« Last Edit: Jan 03, 2006 at 04:52 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline H a n $

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #235 on: Dec 31, 2005 at 01:50 PM »
Thanks pipol! I really had a great time with you guys. Ang saya saya!  :D

To those who were early, Ferdie was the one responsible for my addiction in this hobby. He is a 1st gen. pinoydvd member but he has forgotten his handle name already. I always jokingly blame him for my addiction.

Thanks to the ever generous Ricky for the Pizza. Ok yan if ricky hosts the next HT session, galing ng gears ni ricky, very detailed! And siguradong overflowing ang gulaman dyan!

A BIG THANK YOU to sillyputty for brining the Denon 1920 & HDMI cable! dude you saved me a lot of money just by coming here! I wont need to have SARS for the Denon anymore since the GIEC performs just as good in terms of video, wala lang universal playing capability & not as good for audio ang Giec. Your denon sounds great for audio! Great video too! Congrats!

Thanks to esi, new age & Jetok. its always fun & educational to be with you guys. Many of my gears and placements are actually taught to me by my guru new age. I learned a lot from your HT gallery post & your personal recommendations during our sessions here. Thanks for your recommendations buddy, walang paltos mga recommendations mo, galing!

Thanks for coming guys!

Happy New Year everyone!!!

Matt,

Sorry was not able to come but even with my telephone conversation with Jet talaga napahanga ako puro good note yun sinabi nya sa setup mo..

More power and HAPPY NEW YEAR!! ;D ;D ;D

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #236 on: Jan 03, 2006 at 12:59 PM »
Matt,

Sorry was not able to come but even with my telephone conversation with Jet talaga napahanga ako puro good note yun sinabi nya sa setup mo..

More power and HAPPY NEW YEAR!! ;D ;D ;D

Salamat bro, daan ka lang, basta ikaw!

Latest Addition to my system & Denon 1920's co-star in last week's mini EB:

Ultimate Home Cinema Companion 3 disk (extremely) Limited Edition  ;D
3 DVDs
70 movies
100 chapters
3 hours
of the best sounding , music, LFE & surround DVD chapters to showcase your HT.

ONLY 12 exclusive (& personalized) copies in existence!  ;D (sorry not for sale  :()

Includes chapters from:
DTS: (disk 1 & 2)
U-571
Minority Report
Jurassic Park
Pearl Harbor
SPR
Stealth
Day After Tomorrow
T.A.E. (Titan A.E.)
Eagles
X2
Kill Bill 1 & 2
Master & Commander
War of the Worlds
Vertical Limit SBit
Spiderman 1 & 2 Sbit
Black Hawk Down Sbit
5th Element Sbit
Air Force 1 Sbit
Patriot Sbit
LOTR DTS-ES
Blade 2 DTS-ES
Hero DTS-ES
HOFD DTS-ES
Sky Capt DTS-ES
Monster Inc DTS-ES
Die Another Day DTS-ES
Resident Evil Apocalypse DTS-ES
Gladiator DTS-ES
T2 DTS-ES
Haunting DTS-ES
Pirates of the Carribean DTS-ES

Dolby Digital: Disk 3
Star Wars Episode 1-3
Independence Day
Incredibles
We were Soldiers
Jumanji
Daylight
Nemo
XXX2
Torque

and many many many more!

SALUTE: Bluray!!!

Mabuhay ka Pare!
« Last Edit: Jan 03, 2006 at 05:11 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline dhoyax

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #237 on: Jan 03, 2006 at 01:53 PM »

Mabuhay ka Pare!

sir saan to mabili?

by the way congrats sa EB nyo!

Offline Full HD 3D

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #238 on: Jan 03, 2006 at 01:59 PM »
sir saan to mabili?

by the way congrats sa EB nyo!

Ako rin. Where can i get this disc?

Offline bachwitz

• DVD Addict
  • Musica delenit bestiam feram
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 35
« Reply #239 on: Jan 03, 2006 at 02:17 PM »

Latest Addition to my system & Denon 1920's co-star in last week's mini EB:

Ultimate Home Cinema Companion  Limited Edition  ;D
3 DVDs
70 movies
100 chapters
3 hours
of the best sounding , music, LFE & surround DVD chapters to showcase your HT.

ONLY 12 exclusive (& personalized) copies in existence!  ;D

Includes chapters from:
DTS: (disk 1 & 2)
U-571
Minority Report
Jurassic Park
Pearl Harbor
SPR
Stealth
Day After Tomorrow
T.A.E. (Titan A.E.)
Eagles
X2
Kill Bill 1 & 2
Master & Commander
War of the Worlds
Vertical Limit SBit
Spiderman 1 & 2 Sbit
Black Hawk Down Sbit
5th Element Sbit
Air Force 1 Sbit
Patriot Sbit
LOTR DTS-ES
Blade 2 DTS-ES
Hero DTS-ES
HOFD DTS-ES
Sky Capt DTS-ES
Monster Inc DTS-ES
Die Another Day DTS-ES
Resident Evil Apocalypse DTS-ES
Gladiator DTS-ES
T2 DTS-ES
Haunting DTS-ES
Pirates of the Carribean DTS-ES

Dolby Digital: Disk 3
Star Wars Episode 1-3
Independence Day
Incredibles
We were Soldiers
Jumanji
Daylight
Nemo
XXX2
Torque

and many many many more!

Mabuhay ka Pare!

hu hu hu  :'(

sana di mo na lang post. mamatay kami sa inggit nyan.

on the lighter side. congrats sa set up mo sir.    Ganda talaga.  8)