Author Topic: iMAtZ THxEATER  (Read 188373 times)

Offline deo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • 'Evening...commissioner :D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: The iMAtZ THEATER and new bedroom setup
« Reply #780 on: Jan 11, 2007 at 07:04 AM »
AAAYYYY....INIP NKO SA IMATZ :(

Offline jojitv

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Into The Blu...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #781 on: Jan 11, 2007 at 07:21 AM »
ayos na ayos! nice and clean!...  :)... secondary set-up pa lang yan... :)

Hindi pa nga secondary setup yan... temp setup lang yan eh.   :) ;) ;D
SARS!!!

Offline MAtZTER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #782 on: Jan 11, 2007 at 04:21 PM »
Hehe, medyo matagal pa mga bros. I am still scouting around for audio speakers.

My plan is to actually separate my audio & video setup (best of both worlds) in one room. My bedroom acoustics sux bigtime kasi, so cant put my audio there. Also, I have noticed that I listen to audio more & more lately. SARAP! its simply intoxicating (even w/o the alchohol).   :D

So now audio speakers will be specialty audio speakers & likewise w/ HT speakers. Iba pa rin kasi separate audio & Ht compared to a compromised 50/50 setup. Dapat 100/100  :D. This has been my dream for a long time since I concluded its the best thing to do after some research.

Placing the HT & audio setup in our small place is quite challenging, so sleepless nights uli.

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #783 on: Jan 11, 2007 at 04:42 PM »
Thanks platinum. I went through several design revisions w/ this since I planned it last March. Napaka complicated ng ibang old designs (cuz it was initially meant for bigger speakers), eto lang pala sagot.

The concept was like the wood panels I placed in the stairs. Empty at the back, patong na lang for quick installation and concealment of wires & stuff behind. My goal was for a very easy to make design that wont cost much in labor & materials (para di magcomplain si missis). The whole panel thing cost me only about 2.5k  ;).

Btw, one of the reasons I posted the easy bedroom modification (recessed panel) was to show our readers again that acoustic treatments need not be expensive, ugly or hard to do. Like the recessed wood panels, via its simplified construction & cheap materials that only took 2 days to do, can also be made for the purpose of bass traps or other acoustic treatments for your HT.

Acoustics makes a big difference for your audio & HT setups.
« Last Edit: Jan 12, 2007 at 06:12 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline Mr.H

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #784 on: Jan 11, 2007 at 04:48 PM »
Idol...can you give us any clue what kind of audio speakers are you going to score.... ;D
PMC / SVS PB-12 / Paradigm / Rotel RSX / Vincent CDT/Castle Power LC /Mr.H PowerCords / Emotiva XP-5

Offline Platinum

• Trade Count: (+185)
  • Collector
  • Happy with what I have, working for what I want...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #785 on: Jan 11, 2007 at 05:19 PM »
Guess lang, ProAc!  ;D
Enjoy what you have!

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #786 on: Jan 15, 2007 at 02:20 PM »
Idol...can you give us any clue what kind of audio speakers are you going to score.... ;D

Not finalized yet. But basically I am looking for musical, laid back speakers. The Mission M5's kasi are good in HT and audio and the musical presentation is quite forward (image is in front). Most of my speakers were like this (forward) since I started, since I was mostly into HT. Not that I dont like it, but laid back speakers (image at the back) that I have home auditioned lately were just stunning musically, some even sound as if the speakers disappear from your room. And para maiba din naman.  :D

Guess lang, ProAc!  ;D

thats on my wishlist. Its one of the sweetest sounding speakers I have heard. Even w/ low volume, it really made my head turn in a shop. Problem is...the price.  ;D
« Last Edit: Jan 15, 2007 at 02:45 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline joshbonz

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #787 on: Jan 15, 2007 at 11:29 PM »
sir, if i may add.. the price is not anymore a concern as long as you're happy with your gears.. Congrats on future acquisitions... :D :D

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #788 on: Jan 17, 2007 at 04:22 PM »
sir, if i may add.. the price is not anymore a concern as long as you're happy with your gears.. Congrats on future acquisitions... :D :D

Thanks. I agree w/ you bro. I always get that bewildered look or poker face from many people (dealers included) when they ask me what amp I use and I answer: dual $30 T-amps.

As long as you are happy w/ it, its all that matters indeed.  :D
« Last Edit: Jan 17, 2007 at 04:23 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline lyndon

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #789 on: Jan 18, 2007 at 07:06 PM »
palagay ko bagay na bagay kay matzter eh arcam diva avr350 + arcam diva dv79 + proac (studio 140, studio 110 and studio center) cables audioquest vdm 5, hdmi-3, king cobra or cardas cross and cardas neutral reference speaker cable and audioquest x2

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #790 on: Jan 19, 2007 at 11:50 AM »
Di bagay sa bulsa bro.  :D. Di na nga makabili ng ProAc 110 eh, proAc 140 pa! LOL.

Actually I have HT speakers & a new receiver already. I have gone bookshelf to demystify myself from my attraction to a floorstander's looks. It was hard initially to let go of the "basta floorstanders para porma" mentality. But now my current HT BS & new receiver are actually doing very well in my small room.

I have realized that floorstanders arent always the solution, good BS are actually cool din pala.   One cool thing I noticed is that the BS was easier to power cuz the sonic difference when using a power amp is negligible, a top model receiver was good enough as is. W/ floorstanders, they improve w/ lots of power (power amps, bi-amp)

My simple advice to newbie readers on a budget in HT:
1.) set up your HT in a small room: smaller space, easier to power
2.) Go bookshelf: For HT, its good enough, believe me. easier to power pa. You are going to set it to small anyway & subs will take care of teh LFE.
3.) Get the best receiver & sub your budget can allow: This will give you MORE benefit than allotting your budget on a floorstander cuz its "porma"  :D
« Last Edit: Jan 25, 2007 at 11:01 AM by MAtZTER »

Offline scofield

• Collector
  • Hi boss!
  • Liked:
« Reply #791 on: Jan 19, 2007 at 03:15 PM »
i'll keep that in mind sir matz, kaya hindi rin ako nag FS pero gustong gusto ko na rin mag FS nuon buti na lang ayaw ni misis. kaya ang next step ko ngayon, mag palit ng AVR yun lang ata ang mali ko nuon, I should have chosen the AVR with higher power outputs and with complete pre-outs.

Ano na po ba ang gamit ninyong AVR ngayon? at anong speaker na gamit ninyo?
Proud user of AVR135

Offline Assassin101

• Collector
  • chill
  • Liked:
« Reply #792 on: Jan 20, 2007 at 10:21 AM »
Hows the AT doing... ;D ;D ;D What amp are you using to power those BS now? Are you still using does separates I saw before? ;)

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #793 on: Jan 22, 2007 at 03:14 PM »
i'll keep that in mind sir matz, kaya hindi rin ako nag FS pero gustong gusto ko na rin mag FS nuon buti na lang ayaw ni misis. kaya ang next step ko ngayon, mag palit ng AVR yun lang ata ang mali ko nuon, I should have chosen the AVR with higher power outputs and with complete pre-outs.

Actually, If I were you, ok na din yan, your combo is ok naman IMO. I would rather recommend that you spend for your audio setup instead (nakow gastos! :D). But that depends on which setup you use more often , ako kasi more on audio na. But if you are more on HT, you will really appreciate the additional power & higher quality (build & SQ) of mid level AVR's & power amps.

I actually commend you for making a separate audio & HT setup. Its the best way to go, IMO. Mas magastos lang ng konti, but walang compromise. <thumbs up icon!>  ;)

« Last Edit: Mar 19, 2007 at 05:50 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #794 on: Jan 22, 2007 at 03:30 PM »

Hows the AT doing... ;D ;D ;D What amp are you using to power those BS now? Are you still using does separates I saw before? ;)

No, I returned the pre/pro already (salamat sa may ari! ;)). It was very enlightening on my part to really compare these receivers & pre/pro's. It relieved a lot of SARS & "What ifs?".

I am now using a new old stock (NOS) Yamaha RXV2500 to power the Atlantic Technology THX speakers. Nag match sya with the AT perfectly, pareho pa silang THX select ng AT. I chose Yamaha cuz of its popularity in HT, I dont rely on it for music anymore anyway, since I have a separate audio setup already.

I went for a new old stock cuz I could not justify the P20k increase of the newer model 2600 up for features I totally do not need (HDMI, burbrown, area 2, bi-amp, etc.), when both sound alike in HT naman. I first wanted the RXV1500 but there was no Titanium color in stock. I later fell in love with the more advanced features of the RXV 2500. Super cool!

I am trying em out w/out power amps for the meantime so I would know the difference when I add the power amps. So far they rock even w/ no power amps, specially the subs. Idol ko na yung subs ng AT even before I started HT (friend has one). Its the best & "baddest" sub I have heard. I am not exaggerating but I actually saw a shockwave with my own eyes when I was testing this out in my room. I saw my gear rack distort before my eyes! Duno if it was the rack or my eyeballs that distorted , LOL. I had to calibrate this @ -10db in my old AVR, as opposed to velodyne @ 0db.
« Last Edit: Jan 31, 2007 at 02:36 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline 5Speed

• Collector
  • It's me..
  • Liked:
« Reply #795 on: Jan 22, 2007 at 04:42 PM »
pssstttt master matz.....kelan mo ba ia-upgrade yung mga pix nung bago mong setup dun sa first page???

parati kong sinisilip eh.... ;D

Offline lithium_deuteride

• Trade Count: (+35)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Keep on rockin' in the free world
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 210
« Reply #796 on: Jan 22, 2007 at 05:14 PM »
You want laidback? Try Triangle. ;). With my Alteas, the main stage is actually behind the speakers.
Lyra | Nottingham | Musical Fidelity | CEC | SOtM | Chord | Accuphase | Harbeth | REL

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #797 on: Jan 22, 2007 at 05:59 PM »
pssstttt master matz.....kelan mo ba ia-upgrade yung mga pix nung bago mong setup dun sa first page???

parati kong sinisilip eh.... ;D

Hahaha, patience lang bro  :D. The HT room is in disarray cuz its still waiting for the audio speaker before I can finally finalize the finale picture (ayus yun ah  :D) . Not much to expect though, the last Mission HK setup still looks better IMO.  ;D

You want laidback? Try Triangle. ;). With my Alteas, the main stage is actually behind the speakers.

YES! I actually love the sound of Triangle! I love going to Jet's house to listen to his speakers! But...Hyperaudio is not carrying them anymore  :-[. I have home auditioned many and there are some truly surprising laid back speakers. I hope I get to decide for one soon. I believe I have scouted almost all stores already  :D.

Offline alx

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #798 on: Jan 22, 2007 at 07:48 PM »
sir, what model of atlantic tech speaker did u get?

Offline NMM1

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • DVD Addict
  • rock on!!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #799 on: Jan 24, 2007 at 06:52 PM »
Di bagay sa bulsa bro.  :D. Di na nga makabili ng ProAc 110 eh, proAc 140 pa! LOL.

Actually I have HT speakers & a new receiver already. I have gone bookshelf to demystify myself from my attraction to a floorstander's looks. It was hard initially to let go of the "basta floorstanders para porma" mentality. But now my current HT BS & new receiver are actually doing very well in my small room.

I have realized that floorstanders arent always the solution, good BS are actually cool din pala.   One cool thing I noticed is that the BS was easier to power cuz the sonic difference when using a power amp is negligible, a top model receiver was good enough as is. W/ floorstanders, they improve w/ lots of power (power amps, bi-amp)

My simple advice to newbie readers on a budget in HT:
1.) set up your HT in a small room: smaller space, easier to power
2.) Go bookshelf: For HT, its good enough, believe me. easier to power pa.
3.) Get the best receiver & sub your budget can allow: This will give you MORE benefit than allotting your budget on a floorstander cuz its "porma"  :D

thnx for this advisde sir matzter... ganda ng set-up mo congrats.....
Rega | Schiit| Puffin | Yamaha | Dynaudio | ProAc | Accuphase

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #800 on: Jan 31, 2007 at 02:32 PM »
ALX: I got Atlantic Technology System 270 THX.

Lemon: Thanks man.  :)

Found my audio speakers already! Dynaudio audience 70!

Was looking for a BS but a migrating friend asked me to sell his Dynes FS, so syempre test muna sa bahay. Pag audition ko...  :o :o :o WHAM!, it became MINE.... ;D di na umabot sa B/S section....

lithium_deuteride: Bro! This one is laid back and I agree with how a mag describes it: an IMAGING DYNAMO.  :)

« Last Edit: Jan 31, 2007 at 04:59 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline jackncokehere

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #801 on: Feb 01, 2007 at 09:57 AM »
sir matz, wala pa bang pictures dyan?   :)

Offline Mr.H

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #802 on: Feb 01, 2007 at 05:16 PM »
sir matz, wala pa bang pictures dyan?   :)
Oo nga...savik na kami sa new ht pic's mo idol... :D ;D
PMC / SVS PB-12 / Paradigm / Rotel RSX / Vincent CDT/Castle Power LC /Mr.H PowerCords / Emotiva XP-5

Offline danrd

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Guru
  • Do it now while you still can!
  • Liked:
« Reply #803 on: Feb 06, 2007 at 05:14 PM »
no ba yan. tagal naman pics.

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #804 on: Feb 06, 2007 at 05:25 PM »
LOL, sandali lang, may konting finalizations pa  ;D :D

Offline Platinum

• Trade Count: (+185)
  • Collector
  • Happy with what I have, working for what I want...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #805 on: Feb 06, 2007 at 05:42 PM »
LOL, sandali lang, may konting finalizations pa  ;D :D

Konting tiis na lang kami Idol!  ;D
Enjoy what you have!

Offline NMM1

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • DVD Addict
  • rock on!!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #806 on: Feb 07, 2007 at 09:46 AM »
ilang tulog na lang.......
Rega | Schiit| Puffin | Yamaha | Dynaudio | ProAc | Accuphase

Offline jojitv

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Into The Blu...
  • Liked:
« Reply #807 on: Feb 07, 2007 at 09:53 AM »
suspense to ah... ;D :D
SARS!!!

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #808 on: Feb 07, 2007 at 10:07 AM »
Hehe, konti na lang.

Platinum, Last month we tried to help someone to look for a place in GP. I saw the 2-3 bedroom layouts. PERFECT rectangular layout for HT!!! Medyo malaki nga lang so kelangan ng big "flagship" receiver tulad ng receiver mo ;). Ganda siguro ng ayos ng setup mo dyan! Post mo naman sa gallery  :)

Pag napadaan ako katukin na lang kita.  :)

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #809 on: Feb 07, 2007 at 10:10 AM »
matt ah.....mukhang mapapa wow uli kami ah.....  :o :o

thanks dun sa mga stands ah.....bagay na bagay... :)