Author Topic: Mordaunt Short Service Center SUCKS (5th avenue/Avesco)  (Read 3945 times)

Offline klernie0521

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Mordaunt Short Service Center SUCKS (5th avenue/Avesco)
« on: Oct 01, 2005 at 06:43 PM »
Just want to share my experience with 5th ave and avesco on their after sales service. I brought my MS309 to 5th ave last july 29 2005 to have it check and ask for a quotation for the repair. Btw i bought this sub july something last year (2004) so technically wala na sya warranty.
Its been more than two months since nung dinala ko yung sub ko but until now even price quotation hinde nila mabigay sa akin. I asked them kung ano ang sira and bakit ang tagal na wala pa development. Amplifier daw. sabi ko be specific kung anong parts ang sira sa amps para ako na lang maghanap. I followed up again this morning, as usual hintay pa rin daw sila email from mordaunt short. I decided to pull out my unit this tuesday and the manager of 5th ave sounded relieved (kasi wala na sya reponsiblity sa unit ko).
Based on my experience and others' as well with the bad after sales service encounters with 5th ave/Avesco, this should serve as an eye opener for those who are planning to spend their hard earned money to buy for any item from 5TH AVENUE

Im very dissapointed with 5th avenue since i bought my all mordaunt short setup (MS914, MS905c, MS902 & MS309) and my receiver (Marantz 4500) from them not considering the warnings that i read from previous thread.

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
Re: Mordaunt Short Service Center SUCKS (5th avenue/Avesco)
« Reply #1 on: Oct 03, 2005 at 09:57 AM »
I did post something about my woes on the aftersales of 5th ave, Avesco and their repair outlet Super on the Mordaunt thread in the speaker's section last year.  Obviously, my posts failed to forestall similarl sad stories.  I can only commiserate with your plight.  It's really tragic because the MS is such a good performer when it's working.  But it's not perfect, nothing is.  And when it conks out, the local distributor isn't much help.

Now that my units are out of warranty, I had the same problem asking them for a quotation on a replacement driver on the MS914. It's bad enough they don't carry spare parts for the MS brand they carry, but it takes them forever to even get a quotation for such parts.  It's so easy for them to just call up their principal in England or China and get a quotation if they really care about aftersales.  But their email problem is not new.  I've heard the same response before.  I just hope customers of their Gale, Jamo, Teac , Marantz and Kenwood brands have better experience. 
« Last Edit: Oct 03, 2005 at 02:02 PM by av_phile1 »

Offline Philander

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Oct 03, 2005 at 10:56 AM »
I also bought my MS speakers at 5th avenue, of course I dont want to experience such lousy service when I need one. Can we collect such compliant then just forward to them. Maybe we can fax it. By doing this at least alam nilang may nagrereklamo. Kasi kung hahayaan lang natin eh wala talagang mangyayari.

Offline klernie0521

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Oct 03, 2005 at 01:13 PM »
Can we collect such compliant then just forward to them. Maybe we can fax it. By doing this at least alam nilang may nagrereklamo. Kasi kung hahayaan lang natin eh wala talagang mangyayari.
This is a very good idea. By doing this BAKA maging ok na yung aftersales service ng 5th Ave.

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #4 on: Oct 03, 2005 at 01:23 PM »
Ang problema kc sa AVESCO, dami nilang products. Maybe it's better to write Mordaunt-Short directly and ask them to find another distributor.

Offline old_age

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • DVD Addict
  • "keep off the grass especially when wet"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 11
« Reply #5 on: Oct 07, 2005 at 10:29 PM »
i won't be surprised one day if Jamo will be distributed by another company.... 5th ave can't handle well the so called customer service. or they really don't know the essence of it....basta monthly sales quota lang ang alam.  they used to be the distributor of great and legendary audio gears... now i know why over the years these gears gradually went to another company's distribution.

keep it up 5th ave... so other far more competent companies will benefit from the business you are losing.
La Germania Single Burner
Panasonic Washing Machine
Hanabishi Floorstanding Electric Fan

Offline dannielsimone

• DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm NOT new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Dec 26, 2006 at 09:27 PM »
Insert Quote
i won't be surprised one day if Jamo will be distributed by another company.... 5th ave can't handle well the so called customer service. or they really don't know the essence of it....basta monthly sales quota lang ang alam.  they used to be the distributor of great and legendary audio gears... now i know why over the years these gears gradually went to another company's distribution.

keep

Went in to 5'th ave. to demo the MS 901i...i think it was and they did have a pair of Jamo there....but if i remember correctly he said it was there last pair.....meaning maybe they were dropping the jamos?????
Onkyo 707
Wharefdale Diamond 9.6
Center 9 CM
Diamond 9.1
Mirage Omni s10