Author Topic: LILO and STITCH (Two-Disc Special Edition)  (Read 1153 times)

Offline hemisphere

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
LILO and STITCH (Two-Disc Special Edition)
« on: Nov 11, 2004 at 10:58 AM »

As the flyer in Alice in Wonderland ME confirms, Lilo and Stitch 2 discs Special Edition will be out next year.. in the meantime, here are the specs from R4 release which basically would be the structure to be followed for the R1 release.

LILO & STITCH: SE
Disc One:
- Audio Commentary
- Your Ohana Music Video
- Lilo & Stitch Island of Adventures Games
- Disneypedia: Hawaii - The Islands of Aloha
- Games: 'Create Your Own Alien Experiment'
- A Stitch in Time: Follow Stitch Through the Disney years
- Hula Lesson
- Burning Love - Behind the Scenes with Wynonna
- I Can't Help Falling in Love With You - A-Teens Music video
- Animating the Hula
- The Look of Lilo & Stitch
- Inter-Stitch-ials Theatrical Teaser Trailers

Disc Two:
- The Story Room: The Making of Lilo & Stitch - approximately 125 minutes

from DVDANSWERS

Offline dulber32

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
Re: LILO and STITCH (Two-Disc Special Edition)
« Reply #1 on: Nov 13, 2004 at 10:19 PM »
Rats!
I was waiting for this one until a really cheap unsealed R3 single disc sale was offered in the marketplace.
Hmmm... let's see how this version comes out first

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2005 at 05:36 AM »

Lilo & Stitch - Originally intended to have dual DVD releases like Atlantis: The Lost Empire, Lilo got the short-thrifted by a new management mandate enforcing a single-disc release. The result was a single-disc release, with more supplements than most single-discs, but far short of a 2-disc Collector's Edition. An audio commentary was supposedly recorded, and the terrific but short fly-on-the-wall documentary that appears on the current Lilo & Stitch DVD was surely trimmed down from a more significant running time. (Heck, even the A*Teens music video was trimmed down to 1 minute.)

In America, the double-disc Lilo & Stitch re-release is expected in the fall of 2005 to coincide with the release of the direct-to-video sequel Lilo & Stitch 2: Stitch Has a Glitch. Overseas, in France, Italy, and Australia, a 2-disc Special Edition was released last fall (2004)! The specs for these international DVDs appear below.

The new previously unreleased bonus features will include:
• Audio commentary • Full-length documentary, "The Making of Lilo & Stitch" with scene selections and notes • 2 Animator Conversations: "Andres Deja discusses Lilo" and "Alex Kupershmidt discusses Stitch" • Deleted scenes & Early Concepts • Chris Sanders' Photo gallery • 2 new music videos: "Your Ohana", "Suspicious Minds" by Gareth Gates • The Style Book of Chris Sanders • The Story of Stitch • A Conversation with Joe Grant and Dean DeBlois • Ric Sluiter Interviews Maurice Noble • Dean DeBlois pitches a New Sequence • Mulan: "Mulan's Decision" • Dumbo: "The Train Arrives"

In addition, the Italian Special Edition will include most of the previous DVD's bonus features:
• music videos: "Burning Love" with Wynonna, "I Can't Help Falling In Love With You" performed by the A*Teens • Disneypedia: Hawaii • "A Stitch in Time" • "Animating the Hula" • "How-To-Hula Lesson" • Theatrical Teasers and Trailers • "Gantu's Challenge" Game

from Ultimatedisney.com

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jan 04, 2006 at 12:41 AM »

Finally and perhaps most exciting for site readers, the repeatedly-bumped two-disc Lilo & Stitch: Special Edition is now supposed to street in late July. As is true of any title not formally announced, all these dates are subject to change and that wouldn't be the first time for many of them. Still, the news on the studio's 2006 slate seems worth sharing.

from ultimatedisney

Online seph1018

• Trade Count: (+104)
  • DVD Guru
  • You are not your DVD/BD collection!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #4 on: Jan 04, 2006 at 11:43 AM »
Great news for this title. Just hoping that it will really come as a 2-Disc edition come release. Unlike the previously announced SEs (Tarzan 2-Disc?). ;)
... if this is your first night at Fight Club, you have to fight.

Offline dulber32

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Jan 04, 2006 at 06:27 PM »
 ::)
Would you believe the really cheap R3 release I got was also abducted by another officemate?
Hope the July release pushes through. A two disc release would be more than appreciated.
Thanks for the heads-up

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Jan 04, 2006 at 09:35 PM »
good thing i didn't get the single ed. release of this title kahit na favorite ito ng mga kids ko...... 8)

Online seph1018

• Trade Count: (+104)
  • DVD Guru
  • You are not your DVD/BD collection!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #7 on: Jan 05, 2006 at 11:51 AM »
Was also thinking of getting the single disc edition...but the slipcase lover in me was very firm to hold me back. ;D
... if this is your first night at Fight Club, you have to fight.