Author Topic: Wharfedale Diamond 9's or Monitor Audio B2 for HT?  (Read 1072 times)

Offline moks

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
Wharfedale Diamond 9's or Monitor Audio B2 for HT?
« on: Jan 08, 2006 at 10:40 AM »
Which among the two (Wharfedale Diamond 9's or MA B2) would you prefer for an HT application paired with a Yamaha RX-V 657? Cnong mas all rounder with HT and music?

Offline vvt-i

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Wharfedale Diamond 9's or Monitor Audio B2 for HT?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 08, 2006 at 11:35 AM »
when i was looking for a speaker to pair with a yammy avr before yan din ang hinahanap ko "all rounder".....pwede pang ht pwedeng pang audio.  after asking around and numerous hours of auditioning, i got the ma b4 coz it is also within my budget.  after more than a year, i tried the wharfs 9.6 mainly because of it's value and different flavor compared to the ma b4.  i used the the wharf 9.6 more on audio and very seldom on ht.

both have their own character and trademark sound. wharf on th warm side and ma-a little bit on the bright side.  hands down i prefer the ma for ht coz of clarity and detail, base can really dig deep and easier to drive compared to the wharfs.  for audio naman, it will boil down to what music you listen to and preference. home audition  mo na lang if possible so you will be able to know how it will sound in your room. 

hope i was able to help.
« Last Edit: Jan 08, 2006 at 12:01 PM by jetok »

Offline keema

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jan 08, 2006 at 03:18 PM »
sir jetok, ano po bang price ng MA b4? at ng wharf 9.6? meron ba sa shangrila or sa megamall na store na meron mga ganyan na brand?

Offline vvt-i

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jan 08, 2006 at 04:38 PM »
sir jetok, ano po bang price ng MA b4? at ng wharf 9.6? meron ba sa shangrila or sa megamall na store na meron mga ganyan na brand?

keema,

for sure meron sa spectra in makati park square 1 look for jim or leslie.  they have both the b4 and he wharf 9.6 para mas madali audition pwede side by side.  :)