Author Topic: Pioneer Receivers  (Read 283089 times)

Offline 2RM

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Pioneer Receivers
« Reply #120 on: Nov 23, 2009 at 10:00 AM »
How much po ba nagun VSX-519?

Offline gunslinger

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #121 on: Nov 23, 2009 at 10:47 AM »
Last time I checked, it was 14K at Western. Output was not as good as the higher models though. I myself am looking at 919 which is 30K. Feature packed and the sound quality is really good if paired with the right speakers. And you can get it for terms using credit card.   
I can stop speaking but I cannot so easily silence my thoughts...

Offline obelix

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #122 on: Nov 29, 2009 at 07:40 AM »
mukha ngang maganda yung mga pioneer na receivers... the 819 is around 23 sa ansons.

meron na ba itong mga autocalibration tulad ng onkyo?
« Last Edit: Nov 29, 2009 at 07:46 AM by obelix »

Offline Verbl Kint

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 265
« Reply #123 on: Nov 30, 2009 at 07:52 PM »
Saw a VSX-rs319v (with todoroki) being sold for 14,990.

Offline smitfraud

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #124 on: Dec 08, 2009 at 07:51 PM »
Mga Sir help kung anong mas ok sa dalawa:

Yamaha RX-V350 or Pioneer VSX-519-k?

Yamaha RX-V350 =2nd hand 6500
Pioneer VSX-519-k = Brand new 15999

San ba sir ako makakabili ng Pioneer VSX-519-k sa SM kasi 15999 xa..san kaya mas mura makakabili

Offline smitfraud

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #125 on: Dec 08, 2009 at 07:59 PM »
Last time I checked, it was 14K at Western. Output was not as good as the higher models though. I myself am looking at 919 which is 30K. Feature packed and the sound quality is really good if paired with the right speakers. And you can get it for terms using credit card.   

Sir san po yung western?

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 605
« Reply #126 on: Dec 09, 2009 at 07:43 AM »
Saw a VSX-rs319v (with todoroki) being sold for 14,990.

Western can give a bit of a discount on this. It seems like it shares most of its stuff with the vsx-519k.

Offline gunslinger

• Trade Count: (+56)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #127 on: Dec 09, 2009 at 09:04 AM »
I suggest you go 519 or 819/919. You can have it upto 18 mos 0% at Western or Ansons if you know how to haggle. Forget the Todoroki speakers. Try instead the Jamo or Mordaunt Short.

I'm also looking at a new receiver and I'm for 819/919 but still scouting for other options while saving to fund the project. I will probably purchase my speaker set from the reputable sellers here. You can opt to do the same. 
I can stop speaking but I cannot so easily silence my thoughts...

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #128 on: Dec 09, 2009 at 09:58 AM »

San ba sir ako makakabili ng Pioneer VSX-519-k sa SM kasi 15999 xa..san kaya mas mura makakabili

the 519k doesn't decode lossless HD audio formats.  There could be more value to the 2nd hand Yamaha - less than half the price with about the same features.    If you ask me, the only reason to buy a new receiver is if you need to decode these new audio formats.  Otherwise, a previous generation one can offer better value.

Offline nogie

• Trade Count: (+46)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
« Reply #129 on: Dec 09, 2009 at 10:41 AM »
Just my two cents...

If you are really decided on Pioneer receiver why not buy their Elite models. This is one of the better choices available in the market. If you can not afford the current models that can do lossless audio why not buy older models that can process audio thru HDMI. The result is the same, you only have to set your player to pcm to enjoy lossless audio. I have Pioneer Elite 81TXV that I in my opinion, it is better than Onkyo 804 & Yamaha RXV 1700 that i also own. Audition is also very impt factor, baka yong maganda sa akin ay pangit pala sa yo.  ;D

Offline markcrenz

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #130 on: Dec 09, 2009 at 11:00 AM »

as i've read in several threads, you'll be better off with a relatively new 2nd hand mid or hi end receiver than with a brand new entry level model UNLESS you REALLY NEED the new feature in the new receiver.
Sent from my Pentium 166MMX using PS/2 keyboard

Offline smitfraud

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #131 on: Dec 09, 2009 at 03:57 PM »
Just my two cents...

If you are really decided on Pioneer receiver why not buy their Elite models. This is one of the better choices available in the market. If you can not afford the current models that can do lossless audio why not buy older models that can process audio thru HDMI. The result is the same, you only have to set your player to pcm to enjoy lossless audio. I have Pioneer Elite 81TXV that I in my opinion, it is better than Onkyo 804 & Yamaha RXV 1700 that i also own. Audition is also very impt factor, baka yong maganda sa akin ay pangit pala sa yo.  ;D

Sir Salamat sa feedback:

Yamaha Titanium RX V750 ?Binebenta ni Sir Simple, Ano sir ung mas ok Yamaha Titanium RX V750 or pioneer 519? Ang habol ko sir sa Pioneer vsx 519 is meron na xa hdmi. pasensya na po newbie.lol

Offline nogie

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #132 on: Dec 09, 2009 at 04:35 PM »

Sir Salamat sa feedback:

Yamaha Titanium RX V750 ?Binebenta ni Sir Simple, Ano sir ung mas ok Yamaha Titanium RX V750 or pioneer 519? Ang habol ko sir sa Pioneer vsx 519 is meron na xa hdmi. pasensya na po newbie.lol

The pio 519 can't handle audio processing thru HDMI, the hdmi feature is for video pass-through only. Since this is an entry level receiver, it doesn't have upscaling chip to upgrade video from analog sources. Yamaha RX 750 is a mid-range but older non-hdmi receiver. It has enough power that will give you more options in your search of better speakers.  ;D
« Last Edit: Dec 09, 2009 at 04:37 PM by nogie »

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #133 on: Dec 09, 2009 at 05:21 PM »
Sir Salamat sa feedback:

sir insights from an avergae HT guy like you. providing the below information would enable our fellow pdvd folks to provide the best opitons for you.

1. how much are you willing to spend.
2. what are you looking for in a receiver? HDMI upscaling, latest video/audio format decoding, power, 5.1, 
there are many 2nd hand stuff being sold in the market place that are cheap yet very good receiver. 519 is new but entry level only for sure after a while mag hahanap ka na ng iba. dont take the path i threaded get the best that you can get if you need to save a bit pa then save. its a suggestion given to me by fellow members and it paid dividends hope you find the best catch for you ;)
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #134 on: Dec 09, 2009 at 05:23 PM »
Yamaha RXV 1700 that i also own.

pa OT lang po, hmmmnnn may 1700 ka pala??

Offline smitfraud

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #135 on: Dec 09, 2009 at 05:55 PM »
sir insights from an avergae HT guy like you. providing the below information would enable our fellow pdvd folks to provide the best opitons for you.

1. how much are you willing to spend.
2. what are you looking for in a receiver? HDMI upscaling, latest video/audio format decoding, power, 5.1, 
there are many 2nd hand stuff being sold in the market place that are cheap yet very good receiver. 519 is new but entry level only for sure after a while mag hahanap ka na ng iba. dont take the path i threaded get the best that you can get if you need to save a bit pa then save. its a suggestion given to me by fellow members and it paid dividends hope you find the best catch for you ;)

Sir actually my budget is only 16k for the receiver.
I am looking for a receiver is HDMI upscaling, latest video/audio format decoding, power, 5.1. kaya ko nagustuhan ung pioneer vsx 519 kasi meron ng hdmi. Pero buti na lang pinayuhan mo ko atlist naliwanagan ako.

Maraming salamat Sir sa HT 101 lesson.

Offline smitfraud

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #136 on: Dec 09, 2009 at 07:31 PM »
The pio 519 can't handle audio processing thru HDMI, the hdmi feature is for video pass-through only. Since this is an entry level receiver, it doesn't have upscaling chip to upgrade video from analog sources. Yamaha RX 750 is a mid-range but older non-hdmi receiver. It has enough power that will give you more options in your search of better speakers.  ;D

Salamat Sir Nogie

Offline Onkyo606

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
« Reply #137 on: Dec 09, 2009 at 07:48 PM »
Sir actually my budget is only 16k for the receiver.
I am looking for a receiver is HDMI upscaling, latest video/audio format decoding, power, 5.1. kaya ko nagustuhan ung pioneer vsx 519 kasi meron ng hdmi. Pero buti na lang pinayuhan mo ko atlist naliwanagan ako.

Maraming salamat Sir sa HT 101 lesson.

dont mention it brader. natutunan ko lang lahat sa mga mababait na kawa myembro . post ka lang palagi at tiyak may magbigay sa yo ng tulong ;)

Offline nogie

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #138 on: Dec 09, 2009 at 08:00 PM »
pa OT lang po, hmmmnnn may 1700 ka pala??

Eto yong thread ko sa Yamaha RXV 1700. Sabay na binili ko ang Yammie 1700 at Denon 3806.  ;D Sorry for Yammie lovers pero base sa experience ko unbeatable at talagang maganda ang Yamaha at Onkyo sa Movies pero pagdating sa audio parang lata. This is just me... ;D ;D

http://www.pinoydvd.com/index.php?topic=90721.0

« Last Edit: Dec 09, 2009 at 08:20 PM by nogie »

Offline jerix

• Trade Count: (+17)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • got no golden ears...just loving music
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 70
« Reply #139 on: Dec 23, 2009 at 03:30 AM »
ask mo si jerix, naghahanap din sya dati. bumili yata sya ng universal remote for his pioneer
nope. yung 819 up lang may auto calibration

Yeah -- i found a remote for the VSX811 at the PIONEER Service center Novaliches for 950.00 only. It is not the Intelligent Learning Remote that i originally got but it is working perfectly now. This remote is lighter and smaller.  ;D
Samsung65MU6303/TCL4kPS49TV/OnkSR608/OnkTXNR676/Marantz/Akai/Sansui/PrjEssential-II

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #140 on: Dec 23, 2009 at 08:52 AM »
Blu Ray players already decode Dolby TruHD and DTS-HD/MA.  You only need to set it to LPCM over HDMI to benefit from high resolution audio.  I don't really see much point buying new receivers with HD decoding features, unless you are absolutely certain the receiver's decoding is audibly superior to that in the player.  And that only happens with flagship receivers. 

Offline Othan

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #141 on: Jan 22, 2010 at 10:44 PM »
i'm confused

there are some that says pioneer vsx-519 can do HDMI audio, others disagree.
pag sinabi ba na HDMI repeater, may HDMIA audio?  as compared if declared HDMI pass-thru?

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Products/HomeEntertainment/AV-Receivers/PioneerReceivers/ci.VSX-519V-K.Kuro?tab=B

http://reviews.cnet.com/av-receivers/pioneer-vsx-519v-k/4507-6466_7-33639975.html?tag=mncolBtm;rnav

choice ko sana ito and wharfedale  ;D
« Last Edit: Jan 22, 2010 at 11:04 PM by Othan »

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 605
« Reply #142 on: Jan 23, 2010 at 02:00 AM »
Wala pa HDMI Audio yan afaik. Repeater lang siya... replicates the same signal from the source for output sa display.

Offline Othan

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #143 on: Jan 23, 2010 at 09:09 AM »
so does that mean sir na if declared hdmi repeater, doesn't mean it has hdmi audio?  if declared ba na hdmi audio, ibig sabihin may DTS-HD Master audio and Dolby trueHD decoder and AVR? 

one more, if the pioneer vsx-519v-k is hdmi repeater and as you said only replicates the signal from the player, if i connect this player to a BD player that has DTS-HD MAster audio and Dolby TrueHD, will i still hear and enjoy that latest codecs?  if yes, how's the setup?  if no, what are my other choices? (ung entry level lang)  :D

TIA

Offline markcrenz

• Trade Count: (+194)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 8
« Reply #144 on: Jan 23, 2010 at 09:16 AM »
an hdmi repeater can accept and output digital audio and video signals.

having hdmi does not necessarily mean it can decode all audio. that will depend on the avr's digital decoder.
« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2010 at 10:17 AM by markcrenz »
Sent from my Pentium 166MMX using PS/2 keyboard

Offline Othan

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #145 on: Jan 23, 2010 at 09:53 AM »
what are the things i should note from a receiver so that i will enjoy the latest codecs (DTS MAster AUdio and DOlby TrueHD)?  i will use the BD player to process the said codecs.

TIA again

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #146 on: Jan 23, 2010 at 10:11 AM »
what are the things i should note from a receiver so that i will enjoy the latest codecs (DTS MAster AUdio and DOlby TrueHD)?  i will use the BD player to process the said codecs.

TIA again

if you are going to use your player to decode the hd audio, any old hdmi 1.2 spec'ed receiver will do the trick. but what you will see on your receiver lcd screen is "multichannel" which means it is outputting lossless lpcm. but if you get the newer receivers, and have the player just bitstream the signal to the receiver to decode, you will now see the "dolby tru hd" or "dts ma" on your receiver'slcd screen. but even with the newer receivers, you can still have the player do the decoding and have the "multichannel" register on your receiver's lcd screen.

Offline Othan

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #147 on: Jan 23, 2010 at 10:26 AM »
if you are going to use your player to decode the hd audio, any old hdmi 1.2 spec'ed receiver will do the trick. but what you will see on your receiver lcd screen is "multichannel" which means it is outputting lossless lpcm. but if you get the newer receivers, and have the player just bitstream the signal to the receiver to decode, you will now see the "dolby tru hd" or "dts ma" on your receiver'slcd screen. but even with the newer receivers, you can still have the player do the decoding and have the "multichannel" register on your receiver's lcd screen.

pasensya na po noob po

ito naka lagay sa audio setup ng lg bd370:

HDMI / SPDIF (Digital Audio Output)
Select the output sound format when a device equipped with a HDMI or
Digital Audio input jack is connected to the HDMI OUT or DIGITAL AUDIO
OUT jack on this player.
[PCM Stereo] – Select if you connect this unit’s HDMI OUT or
DIGITAL AUDIO OUT jack to a device with two-channel digital stereo
decoder.
[PCM Multi-Ch] (HDMI only) – Select if you connect this unit’s
HDMI OUT jack to a device with multi-channel digital decoder.
[DTS Re-Encode] – Select if you connect this unit’s HDMI OUT or
DIGITAL AUDIO OUT jack to a device with DTS decoder.
[Primary Pass-Thru] – Select if you connect this unit’s DIGITAL
AUDIO OUT and HDMI OUT jack to a device with LPCM, Dolby
Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS and DTS-HD decoder.

Note:
When [HDMI] option is set to [PCM Multi-Ch], the audio may output as
PCM Stereo if the PCM Multi-Ch information is not detected from HDMI
device with EDID.
Sampling Freq. (Only for SPDIF audio)
[192KHz] – Select this if your A/V Receiver or Amplifier is capable of
handling 192 KHz signals.
[96KHz] – Select this if your A/V Receiver or Amplifier is NOT capable
of handling 192 KHz signals. When this choice is made, this unit automatically
converts any 192 KHz signals to 96 KHz so your system can
decode them.
[48KHz] – Select this if your A/V Receiver or Amplifier is NOT capable
of handling 192 KHz and 96 KHz signal. When this choice is made,
this unit automatically converts any 192 KHz and 96 KHz signals to 48
KHz so your system can decode them.
Check the documentation for your A/V Receiver or Amplifier to verify its
capabilities.
DRC (Dynamic Range Control)
When a disc encoded in Dolby Digital or Dolby Digital Plus is playing back,
you may wish to compress the dynamic range of the audio output (the difference
between the loudest sounds and the quietest ones). This allows
you to listen to a movie at a lower volume without losing clarity of sound.
Set DRC to [On] for this effect.

HDMI OUT
                                          PCM           PCM           DTS           Primary
Source                               Stereo       Multi-Ch     Re-encode   Pass-Thru

Dolby Digital                      PCM 2ch    PCM 5.1ch     DTS Dolby     Digital
Dolby Digital Plus                PCM 2ch    PCM 7.1ch     DTS Dolby     Digital Plus
Dolby TrueHD                     PCM 2ch    PCM 7.1ch     DTS             Dolby TrueHD
DTS                                 PCM 2ch    PCM 5.1ch     DTS             DTS
DTS-HD                            PCM 2ch    PCM 5.1ch     DTS             DTS-HD
Linear PCM 2ch                  PCM 2ch    PCM 2ch        DTS             PCM 2ch
Linear PCM 5.1ch               PCM 2ch     PCM 5.1ch     DTS             PCM 5.1ch
Linear PCM 7.1ch               PCM 2ch     PCM 7.1ch     DTS             PCM 7.1ch

if i use both lg bd player and the pioneer 519, what setup will i use for the latest codecs?

« Last Edit: Jan 23, 2010 at 10:27 AM by Othan »

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #148 on: Jan 23, 2010 at 10:57 AM »
pasensya na po noob po

ito naka lagay sa audio setup ng lg bd370:

HDMI / SPDIF (Digital Audio Output)
Select the output sound format when a device equipped with a HDMI or
Digital Audio input jack is connected to the HDMI OUT or DIGITAL AUDIO
OUT jack on this player.
[PCM Stereo] – Select if you connect this unit’s HDMI OUT or
DIGITAL AUDIO OUT jack to a device with two-channel digital stereo
decoder.
[PCM Multi-Ch] (HDMI only) – Select if you connect this unit’s
HDMI OUT jack to a device with multi-channel digital decoder.
[DTS Re-Encode] – Select if you connect this unit’s HDMI OUT or
DIGITAL AUDIO OUT jack to a device with DTS decoder.
[Primary Pass-Thru] – Select if you connect this unit’s DIGITAL
AUDIO OUT and HDMI OUT jack to a device with LPCM, Dolby
Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, DTS and DTS-HD decoder.

if i use both lg bd player and the pioneer 519, what setup will i use for the latest codecs?

from your lg your setting should be pcm multi-ch. connect via hdmi.

lg (hdmi out) --> pioneer (hdmi in) --> pioneer (hdmi out) --> your lcd/plasma panel (for video).

you should get all the codecs being played from your bd. but as i have said. your pioneer's screen will only display the words "pcm multi" and not the audio codecs you choose from your bd's menu (example: tru hd, dts ma, dts or dolby digital). the reason is the pioneer is only hdmi 1.2 and not the newer 1.3b. but dont worry, even if it does not display it on the receiver's display. it is surely playing the codec you chose on the bd disc.

Offline Othan

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #149 on: Jan 23, 2010 at 11:09 AM »
okay cleared,  thanks very much  :D