Author Topic: Philips 43PP7445 PJTV  (Read 1232 times)

Offline watson's box

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Philips 43PP7445 PJTV
« on: Feb 03, 2006 at 09:30 PM »
Hi, I would like to get your comments on this tv set? I've been scouting for some other tv sets for quite some time and i've compared most of them on their pro's and cons. Its not the best but at a very cheap price, is it worth it?

Im not into DLP nor plasma or LCD displays even if they are the future since what im looking for now is a tv set that can give me that "cinema like" feel picture. Not those sharp and bright pictures.. And if this thing is really HD ready? (i mean you can connect those HDMI dvd players even if through component lang...kc walang HDMI socket :) and have 720p or 1080i resolutions?)

some of the tv's i've considered: Toshiba (nice picture) and Sony's 43in (too expensive)...

Offline vtec3

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
Re: Philips 43PP7445 PJTV
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2006 at 03:42 PM »
hi, you might want to consider buying an HDTV with 16:9 aspect ratio. also try to audition this unit notice that there are at least three small bars on top of the screen when played at 480p. whats is nice about this model is it is glare freeĀ  ;D You can try buying also Samsung player that upconvert using component cable. picture quality naman is okĀ  ;D
« Last Edit: Jun 01, 2006 at 03:33 PM by vtec3 »

Offline Philander

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2006 at 05:50 PM »
Check the Proj TV of Toshiba. Maganda ang color and contrast. Upto date din ang mga terminals and 16:9 format na.

HDTV ready. Resonably priced.

Offline Dracula

• DVD Addict
  • There is a choice...death or immortality....
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jun 03, 2006 at 09:03 AM »
How much is a RPTV? 69 or 79k why not go for a LCD tv a 32" model can be purchased for as low as 80k has HDMI and is widescreen yun nga lang to get the big discount kailangan cash purchase...  :P ;D

Offline dreb

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Feb 23, 2007 at 12:03 PM »
     From my own experience, you are better off buying other brands and model of RPTV, my Philips 43" RPTV conked out on us after almost 2 years of 2-3 hours of viewing per day.  The problem started when the red color went out of alignment.  Tried to do manual and automatic convergence but it did not work.  Picture quality really deteriorated.  Around 2 months after the problem with convergence, the d**n thing flickered and went dead.

The TV was not even abused, it is in the corner of the house that is not usually frequented by people so no bumps or anything.  As I said only used 2-3 hours/day.  The tv's power supply is attached to a japanese made AVR of good quality and there is not much of currency fluctuations given that we live in the former Subic Naval Base. 

It is our first Philips brand, most of the TVs in the house are Sonys. Our oldest is a 1986 Sony TV that still works today, the other one is a Vega 29" bought in 2001.  These tv's are directly plugged to the wall socket.  So much for the 89k spent on the @#$^% Philips RPTV.  >:(
« Last Edit: Feb 26, 2007 at 08:37 AM by dreb »

Offline bravoexo

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Mar 25, 2007 at 10:41 PM »
I've had that covergence problem for about 3-4 times already, that's a overheated or voltage fluctuated IC.  We had the philips technician add two 12cm fans inside and exhaust on the set to counteract it (after getting replacement ICs of course, 6k each time...haay).  We also had a dreadful ants inside the lamp problem...and a dead / hot pixel too..(buti under warranty pa yun, but the downtime was 2 months...) ...same time napalitan na rin yung mobo nito dahil sa moisture intrusion about 3 years ago.... lastly was having no picture (happened dec, then last this month)... (the transformer for the lamps were failing na... 8k naman yun)

Pero, di naman palagi nangyayari mga problems nito... mga buwanan...even yearly.  Pero yung overheated ICs, di na naulit... thank god. 

Ang maganda lang is that...easily fixed itong mga problems of late... (linis lang nung umpisa, tapos part replacement the next.)  Nothing that would permanently disable the thing...
Sony KDL-55W904A, HK AVR330, DAV-DZ950, Xbox One, 360 and PS3, Wharfedale Diamond 8.4, PSW110

Offline bravoexo

• DVD Addict
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Mar 25, 2007 at 10:44 PM »
Heavily used nga pala yung 55" Philips RPTV namin....like 8-12 hours a day yan bukas.  Dahil my Dad just can't watch his NBA games on our other smaller sets....he he.  Di na sanay sa maliliit na 21" TVs...
Sony KDL-55W904A, HK AVR330, DAV-DZ950, Xbox One, 360 and PS3, Wharfedale Diamond 8.4, PSW110

Offline jab2001ph

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Mar 29, 2008 at 08:02 AM »
the problem i have on this model is convergence which is mao gyuy pirmi maguba. eventhough ako ray ga fix but then there comes another power failure issues which is wapa nako matan aw kung unsay problema. ok ra ang ilang warranty period (PASS) but moving on the first quarter after d warranty, diha mag sugod. convergence failure - 1st quarter, 2nd quarter - no power. my recommendation f u want to buy this tv is maintain your environment close/to room temp (25C). cod be also nga sa mga bag o nga reles duna na ni silay fix sa ilang mga issues pero who cod tell? hope this help a bit.