Author Topic: Pinoy Big Brother: Celebrity Edition  (Read 54800 times)

Offline gearhead

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • Resident Lurker!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Pinoy Big Brother: Celebrity Edition
« Reply #150 on: Feb 26, 2006 at 01:35 AM »
ugh.... i'm beginning to sound sort like DBT's apologist, so this comes with the usual disclaimer: i am not related to the band in any way or form. still in the interest of fair play, i'm posting their drummer's (last, daw) take on this issue. let the flaming begin.    ;D

Subject: [deathbytampon] first and last statement about pbb

first off, i would like to apologize for the use of profane words during our interview. i was carried away with all of the leftover hatred i have for the station, due to the wowowee incident, which i'm sure they'll get away with. and on top of that, i was furious of the show (PBB) because of how they depict those poor individuals like they were socially disposable. they maliciously confine these individuals to terms, derogatory and malicious words they so loosely portray. as a friend of mich, i am deeply affected. my friends tell me i shouldn't be, but i can't help it. it's all so UNFAIR.

they said the interview was for mich, for this reason alone, i complied with the interview. they asked us for messages that we wanted to tell her. and so i told her the truth. i told her through the camera, that the show was spreading derogatory remarks about her, calling her kulot salot, and designer ng mga batang may kaya, etc etc. i told her that they were very irresponsible with use of words, and they were teaching the filipino people ######. i told her that even if the show was calling her names behind her back, we are going to be there to support her because she joined the show, for the money, for the fulfillment of her dreams. BIG MISTAKE.

i haven't been able to watch the show faithfully. i was too busy working. but i did see the part where they loosely called her kulot salot. di ka ba mapapamura nun? anong klaseng ka*&*()&*.

i'm deeply disappointed with what my bandmates have been telling me about the aired version of the interview. they said it started a thread in some pbb forum on the web. as much as we wanted them to realize how wrong they are,(the station/the show) they obviously reversed the whole thing. malamang, edi nawalan sila ng followers pag nalaman nila yung totoong laman nung interview. they even showed title frames that said they respect all opinions, after ONLY showing the angry parts (courtesy of yours truly). wow. i've never seen such a public display of hypocrisy. wow.

as for us, we don't really care. petty showbiz is not the essence of our band. we play because we want to make our own songs and have fun. we also play for all of you who want to have fun with us. salamat sa inyo.

let this be a lesson to all of us. hindi lahat ng napapanood natin sa tv ay totoo. minsan, ang ibang tao, para hindi mawalan ng trabaho, kahit ano na gagawin. kahit mangloko ng tao.
- quoted from the abs-cbn forums. -
harman kardon avr5550, wharfe 9.5/9.cs/9.dfs pioneer dv-600av

Offline inv99

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #151 on: Feb 26, 2006 at 01:42 AM »
Kumusta na po ba si Mitch? I wish her well.

I guess, my mom and I were in the minority when we declare ourselves rabid followers of her character.  ;D

Offline everythingyouwant

• Collector
  • You can have everything you want....
  • Liked:
« Reply #152 on: Feb 26, 2006 at 01:51 AM »
oo nga bakit ang laki ng votes ni rico?is he that rich/or his friends are?text brigade?how much would it take for someone to win it or the most percentage,20k?

Offline kalan_zing

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #153 on: Feb 26, 2006 at 06:28 AM »
hi ....like many others id prefer that mitch return to pbb house.
anyway to the DBT girls....WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD. taga-UP din many of abscbn staff (masscom yata) akala nyo you could outsmart those free thinkers?  ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: Feb 26, 2006 at 06:32 AM by kalan_zing »

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #154 on: Feb 26, 2006 at 07:01 AM »
she seemed displeased... shaking her head and pouting everytime the "love team" issue was discussed or brought up.

will someone please tell rico to seriously tone down the "hopelessly devoted to you" act ... it feels like everytime he opens his mouth, his foot ends up in it.  :-[

Really? I'm actually starting to dislike Roxie. Yesterday afternoon, Rico barged into the pink room where rustom, keanna, and JP are talking and voiced how he sometimes gets so hurt by what roxie would say to him. Of course, the other three just gave him words of encouragement but when he left the room, all three also expressed their disappointment over the way roxie treats rico. As Rustom said, she's playing with his feelings. Pag may kailangan daw sobrang sweet, tapos pag wala na ang sakit daw magtrato. Keanna even said that she wanted to talk to Rico before the primetime show so she could give him advice if she gets evicted.

I agree with the assessment of the three HMs. Parang basura talaga yung pagtrato kay Rico. Here's one other situation I saw on TV. All of the HMs were locked in the pink room. Rico was sitting on Roxie's bed while Zanjoe was lying down on it. Rico asked permission from Roxie if he could also lie down (Zanjoe did not ask permission). The camera didn't show if Roxie said yes or no but Rico never got to lie down on that bed, which only means she actually said no.

I really didn't like the guy when he first entered the house but he's got my sympathies now.

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #155 on: Feb 26, 2006 at 10:03 AM »
Really? I'm actually starting to dislike Roxie. Yesterday afternoon, Rico barged into the pink room where rustom, keanna, and JP are talking and voiced how he sometimes gets so hurt by what roxie would say to him. Of course, the other three just gave him words of encouragement but when he left the room, all three also expressed their disappointment over the way roxie treats rico. As Rustom said, she's playing with his feelings. Pag may kailangan daw sobrang sweet, tapos pag wala na ang sakit daw magtrato. Keanna even said that she wanted to talk to Rico before the primetime show so she could give him advice if she gets evicted.

I agree with the assessment of the three HMs. Parang basura talaga yung pagtrato kay Rico. Here's one other situation I saw on TV. All of the HMs were locked in the pink room. Rico was sitting on Roxie's bed while Zanjoe was lying down on it. Rico asked permission from Roxie if he could also lie down (Zanjoe did not ask permission). The camera didn't show if Roxie said yes or no but Rico never got to lie down on that bed, which only means she actually said no.

I really didn't like the guy when he first entered the house but he's got my sympathies now.

actually, i think this animosity is all rico's fault din kasi. i think roxie has become so annoyed and exasperated with his advances that she now resents the guy. look back at the episode where they had a heart to heart talk... the guy would't quit even after the girl flatly said "no"... i mean, "rico! get a clue!" baka akala ni roxie "if kindness can't get through to that thick skull of yours, maybe cruelty will." and that makes me feel sorry for rico too. pero seriously, he dug his own grave on this one.  :P

as for roxie being "user friendly"... yeah, i noticed that too. but then who in the house isn't? this is "celebrity" PBB after all. i'm sure all these people ('cept maybe mang rudy) have, in one time or another, sweet talked someone into getting their way.

Offline AshKetchum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
« Reply #156 on: Feb 27, 2006 at 10:50 AM »
Anyone watch the live feed late last night, after the live nominations? High drama courtesy of crybaby Roxie, who I really can't stand right now--she's nothing but an emotional cripple who uses the other housemates as crutches to gain sympathy and say positive things about her--Mich the second, anyone?

Ito naman kasi si Rico, ginamit pa yung task to get her to read some passage from a book of his--I don't know if Big Bro put him up to it--but paranoid Roxie will misinterpret anything he does from now on as something that will make her look bad. Kahit na siguro telephone directory yung ipabasa sa kanya, Roxie will interpret it as something bad.

Anyway, she ran sobbing to Gretchen, and kept repeating na "parang napakasama kong tao talaga" then Christian barged into the house and upon learning what happened, wanted to confront Rico (who was inside the bedroom). Of course, crying Roxie didn't want that, and so did Gretchen. Roxie kept insisting that maybe she and Rico should talk in front of all of them, and it was obvious that she was getting the others on her side (Bianca, Christian, Aleck, Zanjoe).

Surprisingly, the one who comforted Rico was Keanna, who said that "anuman ang gulo ninyong dalawa, ayusin na lang ninyo paglabas ninyo, huwag dito sa bahay." LOL, for that alone, Keanna deserves to win. Her advice was cut short when Roxie and her posse barged into the room, and Roxie had this really stupid look when she glanced at Rico then at the others as if she was waiting for them to listen to the two of them speak.

This annoyed Gretchen, who exclaimed, "Roxy, hindi na kayo kailangang magusap ni Rico na kaharap kami eh ang dami na ninyong beses nag-usap...let's just try to relax and get along." Then she left, followed by the others. Keanna remained inside the room, along with John, who continued to give advice to Rico.

IMO, dapat kasi Big Bro should stop pairing these two together.
« Last Edit: Feb 27, 2006 at 10:52 AM by AshKetchum »

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #157 on: Feb 27, 2006 at 11:23 AM »
Saw this event last night. Hig drama talaga, and it was brought about by Roxie's apparent weakness in terms of reading comprehension. I was actually looking forward to Christian attacking Rico just for some color in the house, unfortunately, it did not happen.

You're right Ashketchum, Roxie is starting to get on my nerves too. She keeps insisting that she doesn't want to talk about Rico anymore and yet she is the same person who keeps bringing it up. Kanina lang, the moment she woke up Rico agad ang subject nya.

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #158 on: Feb 27, 2006 at 11:41 AM »
Saw this event last night. Hig drama talaga, and it was brought about by Roxie's apparent weakness in terms of reading comprehension.

LOL, did you see the part when she was reading the part about "control" then she blurted out something like "If you think you're happy that you can control me..." Grabe, talk about paranoid! :P

Btw, Roxie also staged a lengthy crying sequence before the live nominations, during their sharing time with Coney Reyes.
« Last Edit: Feb 27, 2006 at 11:42 AM by AshKetchum »

Offline mafimushkila

• Apprentice
  • please to meet u, hope u get my name - cmpt4ddvl
  • Liked:
« Reply #159 on: Feb 27, 2006 at 11:43 AM »
di ba contest ang pbb so pwedeng may mga mautak sa kanila na gumigimik lang para makuha sympathy ng housemates at manipulate situation? gamitan lang yan tho malaking bagay din what abs shows sa ch2 pbb tv program. pag niyari ang editing pwedeng lumabas na contrabida o bida sa perception ng mga viewers.  :)

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #160 on: Feb 27, 2006 at 11:50 AM »
Pero in fairness sa ABS-CBN, they never really "edit" a character to turn them into a contrabida. The characters that you see in the primetime show is what they really are in the 24/7 feeds. In fact, thinking about it, the primetime show has been kind to both Roxie and Rico as they never really showed the real venom in their fights. Ginawa pa ngang pa-tweetums even though the animosity is already at a high degree.
« Last Edit: Feb 27, 2006 at 11:50 AM by indie boi »

Offline dorian_gray

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Bakla ako...may angal?
  • Liked:
« Reply #161 on: Feb 28, 2006 at 12:37 AM »
Reaction ko sa episode kagabi:

"Ay may bf palang bakla si Roxy!"

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #162 on: Feb 28, 2006 at 12:51 AM »
Reaction ko sa episode kagabi:

"Ay may bf palang bakla si Roxy!"

LOL! My wife noticed the same thing.

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #163 on: Feb 28, 2006 at 12:54 AM »
Pero in fairness sa ABS-CBN, they never really "edit" a character to turn them into a contrabida. The characters that you see in the primetime show is what they really are in the 24/7 feeds. In fact, thinking about it, the primetime show has been kind to both Roxie and Rico as they never really showed the real venom in their fights. Ginawa pa ngang pa-tweetums even though the animosity is already at a high degree.

I take back what I said. Last night's episode creatively edited Rico and turned him into a stalker slash psycho. Some of the conversations were taken out of its proper context like that "control" reference. What could have entered the minds of the PBB staff for doing a 180 on the guy?

Offline jekoy

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Movielandia
  • Liked:
« Reply #164 on: Feb 28, 2006 at 02:30 AM »
they also did it with franzen, right? they instantly turned him into a psychopath of some sorts...
Absolutely no regrets!

Offline RU9

• DVD Addict
  • “While we have time, let us do good”
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #165 on: Feb 28, 2006 at 08:15 AM »
And the ratings for ABS-CBN shoots up. Good business.

Pity the HMs, but they know this would happen.

Who would regulate PBB? NTC, MTRCB???

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #166 on: Feb 28, 2006 at 08:33 AM »
Why regulate a TV show? In fact, why regulate the media?
« Last Edit: Feb 28, 2006 at 08:33 AM by indie boi »

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #167 on: Feb 28, 2006 at 10:29 AM »
I take back what I said. Last night's episode creatively edited Rico and turned him into a stalker slash psycho. Some of the conversations were taken out of its proper context like that "control" reference. What could have entered the minds of the PBB staff for doing a 180 on the guy?

Yeah, but at the same time, they also turned Roxie into a liar--turns out may BF pala siya all this time, is it that difficult to say to Rico or the other HMs from Day One that "I already have a BF and I'm happy, so we really can't be more than friends"? Do the other HMs even know that she has a BF? She's actually doing a Mich now--instead of adjusting to the others, the others are adjusting to her, so that her feelings won't be hurt.

I hope Christian goes--he's ineffectual and doesn't really contribute much in the house. And I agree what the other HMs say about him, that he's insensitive and immature.

I'm disappointed at Bianca, for her letting her bias show in her nomination choices and overall attitude in the house. As a host of a debate-type show, she should know better than to establish sides.
« Last Edit: Feb 28, 2006 at 10:33 AM by AshKetchum »

Offline RU9

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #168 on: Feb 28, 2006 at 10:37 AM »
Yeah, but at the same time, they also turned Roxie into a liar--turns out may BF pala siya all this time, is it that difficult to say to Rico or the other HMs from Day One that "I already have a BF and I'm happy, so we really can't be more than friends"? Do the other HMs even know that she has a BF? She's actually doing a Mich now--instead of adjusting to the others, the others are adjusting to her, so that her feelings won't be hurt.

BF ba talaga ni Roxie iyon?  That is what the guy said.

Offline RU9

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #169 on: Feb 28, 2006 at 10:42 AM »
Why regulate a TV show? In fact, why regulate the media?

I am thinking on how a Rico and Franzen situation can be avoided. They are exploited to create the drama.
Is the status qou OK with you? Do we have to wait for ABS-CBN to be more humane in their ways?

Offline jekoy

• DVD Addict
  • Movielandia
  • Liked:
« Reply #170 on: Feb 28, 2006 at 12:16 PM »

I hope Christian goes--he's ineffectual and doesn't really contribute much in the house. And I agree what the other HMs say about him, that he's insensitive and immature.

I'm disappointed at Bianca, for her letting her bias show in her nomination choices and overall attitude in the house. As a host of a debate-type show, she should know better than to establish sides.

the question, hindi ba talaga nabanggit ni roxie na may bf siya or it was edited, too? remember the time when abs did not show the part where franzen told the HMs that they were in good financial situation before? then all of a sudden, it was turned against him...

re bianca, i hope that she, too, would step up to the hms linking her with zanjoe. go tell them to stop pairing them up because she is happily involved with someone. i can imagine how the guys "outside the house" feel re these pairings...
Absolutely no regrets!

Offline munky

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • DVD Addict
  • who's who?
  • Liked:
« Reply #171 on: Feb 28, 2006 at 03:16 PM »
Eto na kaya ang last week ni Rico sa bahay ni kuya?
Still world peace

Offline hung up 25

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #172 on: Feb 28, 2006 at 05:34 PM »
i hope ma evict na sila rico and roxanne. Sobrang naartehan na ko sa kanilang dalawa especially last night episode. Better pa pala si angela at mitch na mabalik at least nakakatuwa sila kahit nakakainis. Mas exciting silang panoodin yung mga conflicts nila with the housemates.

Offline talisman30

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Guru
  • Experience Results
  • Liked:
« Reply #173 on: Feb 28, 2006 at 05:53 PM »
i hope ma evict na sila rico and roxanne. Sobrang naartehan na ko sa kanilang dalawa especially last night episode. Better pa pala si angela at mitch na mabalik at least nakakatuwa sila kahit nakakainis. Mas exciting silang panoodin yung mga conflicts nila with the housemates.

OA nga yung dalawa. probably they'll be next for eviction. ;)
subscribe us at our pre-launch: www.streakdeals.com.ph
like us on facebook: streakdeals.com.ph

Offline jekoy

• DVD Addict
  • Movielandia
  • Liked:
« Reply #174 on: Feb 28, 2006 at 11:05 PM »
mali ata na si keanna ang sinabihan ni rustom ng "sikreto" niya....
Absolutely no regrets!

Offline Mr. Big Boy

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Addict
  • Big Better Bolder
  • Liked:
« Reply #175 on: Feb 28, 2006 at 11:09 PM »
Nakakasar yung episode today, bitin!  Is Rustom stepping out of the closet?  Saan kaya papunta yung usapan nila ni Keanna.  Nakakakilabot yung big butterfly na lumipad sa kanila then landed on Rustoms hand then went to briefly touch his face, it's like it kissed him, and it happened right before the talk with Keanna as if the butterfly's entry was cued by the director.  The whole scene was very surreal to me.  I hope whatever Rostum would say to Keanna won't be anticlimactic sayang yung butterfly effect. lol

Sino ba yung may 24/7 dito, can you tell us what happened and what's that talk all about.  I heard Rustom talking about being confused and trying on a girls dress as a child.  hmmmm  Parang papunta na dun ang usapan.  Kung dun pupunta ito, then this would be the first celebrity coming out story that would unfold on Pinoy TV.  

This could be big.

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #176 on: Feb 28, 2006 at 11:21 PM »
That talk was never broadcast on the live feed. The whole time that Rustom and Keanna were talking (which was around 3 am), the camera was firmly focused on Budoy sleeping in the boys' room.

Offline inv99

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #177 on: Mar 01, 2006 at 12:38 AM »
Astig nung mariposa butterfly.. parang magic-realism.  ;)

Offline dorian_gray

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Bakla ako...may angal?
  • Liked:
« Reply #178 on: Mar 01, 2006 at 12:41 AM »
Keanna is right: Mariposa is not a butterfly. It is actually a moth. I do not know what moth is in Tagalog.

I think Rustom's coming out story is scripted (by him). He beat around the bush for far too long. Naihi na tuloy si Keanna. OK talaga ang mga punchline ni Keanna--mala-KFC talaga. Seryoso na naging kakataw pa.

Nakuwento din niya sa mga HMs na binalak niyang umihi sa pink toilets ng MMDA. Kaya lang, kita raw ang mukha niya kaya di na niya itinuloy.

Offline everythingyouwant

• Collector
  • You can have everything you want....
  • Liked:
« Reply #179 on: Mar 01, 2006 at 02:50 AM »
didn't what he said says it all already?>>

he mentioned that he has a part that he wants to deny/fight with since childhood.when at an early age,he was beaten up by his father with mommy eva just looking because he was wearing a girl's dress.he also said the "bakla" word already..plus,he was sitting there like a true diva(lol)...what do you expect more from rustom to say,shout,bakla ako!(lol) ;D...