Author Topic: Pinoy Big Brother: Celebrity Edition  (Read 54839 times)

Offline AshKetchum

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 31
Re: Pinoy Big Brother: Celebrity Edition
« Reply #210 on: Mar 02, 2006 at 11:03 AM »
Kudos to Rustom for that admission; it made for a great TV moment. I really like the trio of Keanna, Rustom & John--I hope they make it to the final four.

Last night was great, the three of them were complaining about Christian, how he hardly does any work now in the house since he was nominated and nagpaparinig pa raw doon sa mga nagtratrabaho. Totoo naman eh--evertime I see him in the live feed, all Christian does is sit or make stupid comments or kwentos. (Sana he goes this Saturday)

Then this was the funny part--they decided to drink some red wine, but kept it from the other HMs. Keanna went to their room with some mugs and Rustom followed. Turns out Keanna hid the bottle under her bed and poured some on their mugs. Tapos, pa-simple pa silang lumabas with the mugs filled with red wine. Rustom went on his routine walk around the pool with the wine, while Keanna followed. John attempted to follow, but he had to distract Aleck away from them. Aleck, however, smelled the red wine on John and knew something was up. Napilitan tuloy si John mag-coffee afterwards and he spent time with Aleck, while Rustom and Keanna continued their talk. I wanted to watch some more, but it was already late and I had to sleep...sayang.  :P

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #211 on: Mar 02, 2006 at 01:51 PM »
Magandang Umaga Pilipinas this morning already showed the Padillas reaction to Rustom's coming out last night.  Mommy Eva Padilla said she wasn't even surprised about the revelation, but it's good to hear from her that the family will be always be behind Rustom... or something to that effect.  Mario Dumawal also got some reaction from Robin Padilla and said that the best thing to do now is support Rustom  to this "new journey he's about to take in his life."  He was also hats off to his brod for having the guts to come out on national TV :).

i completely expected this... he is, after all, still family. they would look like complete idiots if they react violently to his revelation on national TV about his homosexuality.  ;)

i would still hope to hear carmina's side of the whole thing. she bore some deep resentment for the guy, after all. even rustom admitted to that. it would be interesting to hear her reaction to his "coming out". (i just hope GMA isn't too proud to milk this news worthy event and NOT get a word from carmina.)  ;)

Offline everythingyouwant

• Collector
  • You can have everything you want....
  • Liked:
« Reply #212 on: Mar 02, 2006 at 02:33 PM »
why are so many people fascinated by this coming out pero they don't respect sometimes those who came out since birth..

Offline Mr. Big Boy

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Addict
  • Big Better Bolder
  • Liked:
« Reply #213 on: Mar 02, 2006 at 04:41 PM »
Isn't Rustom the very first male showbiz personality to out himself?

For the female, it is Aiza, right?

I think Bernardo Bernardo was the first celebrity to ever outed himself in public.  In the US there are so many celebrities who have already done it, both gay and lesbian.

Rustom will surely be a new gay icon and a rallying face for the gay movement, but realistically speaking it would be a big blow to his career, as an actor, but on a brighter side, he will be more credible now as a beauty expert and it would boost his beauty business ventures he's into now.  I don't mean to stereotype gays but that's how it is.

I wonder what Uma is thinking while watching Rustom outing himself in the very same house where he denied being gay.

Offline jeckjeck

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #214 on: Mar 02, 2006 at 04:52 PM »
i guess, one of the hardest thing in coming out to pinoy families is that fact that pinoy often boxed gays into stereotypes.  however, stereotyped man o hindi, it won't matter. ika nga ni dorian gray, di dapat ikahiya!  ;D

true... I remember nung nag-out yung cousin ko, the first thing our lola did was to call the priest and had him "prayed over"  ;D ;D poor guy... his homosexuality was condemned as "sa demonyo" ngayon tuloy repressed

kudos to Rustom for doing what he did...

Offline inv99

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #215 on: Mar 02, 2006 at 05:19 PM »

........ but realistically speaking it would be a big blow to his career, as an actor, but on a brighter side, he will be more credible now as a beauty expert and it would boost his beauty business ventures he's into now.  I don't mean to stereotype gays but that's how it is........

If I'm not mistaken, he studied film-making in the U.S. I remember that BB asked him to direct their musical special because of that credential. Perhaps he can be a good director -- all he need is that elusive chance.
« Last Edit: Mar 02, 2006 at 05:28 PM by inv99 »

Offline killer_blow

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #216 on: Mar 02, 2006 at 05:31 PM »
^
true! the thing is, rustom is one person who'd show the pinoys that "hey, gays come in all forms and sizes! they need not be stereotypical!"  now, if only P**** would do the same... hehehe...

Kudos to Rsutom. That was a very brave thing to do. If his career bounces back from slumber, well and good. If that happens, expect an explosion of "coming outs" from our closeted celebrities, MA, DO and JMB included (I just don't know about P****, there's so much to lsoe if ever he'll admit he's gay)
Searching for the scent of content...Oh know it's the killer blow

Offline Mr. Big Boy

• DVD Addict
  • Big Better Bolder
  • Liked:
« Reply #217 on: Mar 02, 2006 at 05:54 PM »
Parang blind item yan ah, care to tell us the persons behind those initials, di ko ma gets eh.  Is Butch Francisco out btw?

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #218 on: Mar 02, 2006 at 05:56 PM »
what about roderick paulate?

Offline Philander

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #219 on: Mar 02, 2006 at 06:38 PM »
Parang blind item yan ah, care to tell us the persons behind those initials, di ko ma gets eh.  Is Butch Francisco out btw?

Piolo
Marvin A.
Dominique O.
JMB?

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #220 on: Mar 02, 2006 at 07:05 PM »
Piolo
Marvin A.
Dominique O.
JMB?

Yun DO I think is South Beach DIET.  Hindi si Dom.

Offline blitzkrieg

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Shut up!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #221 on: Mar 03, 2006 at 12:05 AM »
Pogi points kay Rustom ito.  I think sya ang may pinakamataas na boto ngayon. 
Let's wait for the Padillas, GMA 7 and Carmina to react. ;)

Hats off to Rustom. It was indeed brave of him. Keanna though stole the show from him. I laughed my butt off after that "jingle time out" like right in the middle of a serious, life-altering expose, she excused herself to pee hahaha!!

And I don't think Carmina would ever give a litany about this. She's too dignified and decent to do that. Not once did she badmouth the guy after their separation nor talk about sensitive issues in their relationship.  The most she could probably say is "Good luck and God Bless!"...
« Last Edit: Mar 03, 2006 at 12:07 AM by blitzkrieg »

Offline indski

• Collector
  • "I want TOYZZ!"
  • Liked:
« Reply #222 on: Mar 03, 2006 at 12:44 AM »
P-Paolo Bediones
JMB-Juan Mig Bondoc

Offline jekoy

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • DVD Addict
  • Movielandia
  • Liked:
« Reply #223 on: Mar 03, 2006 at 01:29 AM »
And I don't think Carmina would ever give a litany about this. She's too dignified and decent to do that. Not once did she badmouth the guy after their separation nor talk about sensitive issues in their relationship.  The most she could probably say is "Good luck and God Bless!"...

true! i don't think that carmina would talk about it, too.  if she hadn't spoken about it before, she won't talk now either. besides, happy na naman siya ngayon...
Absolutely no regrets!

Offline dorian_gray

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Bakla ako...may angal?
  • Liked:
« Reply #224 on: Mar 03, 2006 at 01:51 AM »

I think Bernardo Bernardo was the first celebrity to ever outed himself in public.  In the US there are so many celebrities who have already done it, both gay and lesbian.

Rustom will surely be a new gay icon and a rallying face for the gay movement, but realistically speaking it would be a big blow to his career, as an actor, but on a brighter side, he will be more credible now as a beauty expert and it would boost his beauty business ventures he's into now.  I don't mean to stereotype gays but that's how it is.

I wonder what Uma is thinking while watching Rustom outing himself in the very same house where he denied being gay.

Yes Mr Big Boy, you are stereotyping gays. Merong baklang fashionista, merong jologs, merong hiphop, merong alternatibo--iba't iba. I do not see the connection of one's sexuality and the beauty business.

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #225 on: Mar 03, 2006 at 11:48 AM »
Did I miss something? This morning on Magandang Umaga Pilipinas, Robin Padilla was there to state his support for his brother Rustom. He also seemed to be really irked at Christian Vasquez, apparently at something he did...what?
 ???

Offline purple_jedi

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #226 on: Mar 03, 2006 at 11:57 AM »
Robin Padilla just left the house. He had a 1-1 talk with Christian.  ;D

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #227 on: Mar 03, 2006 at 12:00 PM »
Did I miss something? This morning on Magandang Umaga Pilipinas, Robin Padilla was there to state his support for his brother Rustom. He also seemed to be really irked at Christian Vasquez, apparently at something he did...what?
 ???

???

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #228 on: Mar 03, 2006 at 12:38 PM »

Inupakan ba niya si Christian? One can only hope, heh  ;)

Offline ricky

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544
« Reply #229 on: Mar 03, 2006 at 01:17 PM »
Guys is it me or napansin nyo ba na dumami gay doon sa show?first yung bf or gayfriend ni roxy ;D, then si rustom na after his confession ay hindi na pilit yung pagpapaka macho(ala butch francisco) ;D ;D ;D and then lastly yung psycologist parang bumigay na din when being interviewed by toni ;D ;D ;D

Offline purple_jedi

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #230 on: Mar 03, 2006 at 01:43 PM »
Inupakan ba niya si Christian? One can only hope, heh  ;)

Di naman. Sinindak lang verbally parang interrogation. It was a very amusing chat.  "Resbak" from an older brother moment! Hope regular programming shows it unedited.

Offline indie boi

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Twitter: @indieboi
  • Liked:
« Reply #231 on: Mar 03, 2006 at 01:58 PM »
The christian-robin talk was shown on the live feed?!

Offline AshKetchum

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #232 on: Mar 03, 2006 at 02:09 PM »
Whatever, I think it was wrong to let Robin inside and talk to a housemate...it was premature and will just add to the animosity, because Christian has no idea that Rustom has outed hmself--did Robin mention this at all to Christian? If hindi niya sinabi, then he had no business being there, because it kind of sets a bad precedent--eh di sana pinapasok na rin yung parents ni Roxie to talk to Rico or yung parents ni Rico to talk to Roxie.  :P

Offline jeckjeck

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #233 on: Mar 03, 2006 at 02:26 PM »
P-Paolo Bediones
JMB-Juan Mig Bondoc

dude... kilala ko si Bediones & he's not gay... P is for Piolo o baka yung Paolo something sa Eat Bulaga...

Ano ba ginawa ni Christian kay Rustom?

Offline dorian_gray

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • DVD Guru
  • Bakla ako...may angal?
  • Liked:
« Reply #234 on: Mar 03, 2006 at 03:34 PM »
Di naman. Sinindak lang verbally parang interrogation. It was a very amusing chat.  "Resbak" from an older brother moment! Hope regular programming shows it unedited.

I think Rustom is older than Robin Padilla. Nevertheless, maganda mapagtanggol ng kapatid. Hindi man lang ako pinagtanggol ng kuya ko nung bata pa ako. Isa pa nga siya sa mga nanukso sa akin.

Ay shucks, istorya nga pala ni Rustom ito... ;D

Offline jekoy

• DVD Addict
  • Movielandia
  • Liked:
« Reply #235 on: Mar 03, 2006 at 04:23 PM »
I think Rustom is older than Robin Padilla. Nevertheless, maganda mapagtanggol ng kapatid. Hindi man lang ako pinagtanggol ng kuya ko nung bata pa ako. Isa pa nga siya sa mga nanukso sa akin.

Ay shucks, istorya nga pala ni Rustom ito... ;D

hehehe, dorian_gray!  sali ka rin PBB para maging conversial ang outing sa buong mundo!  ;D
Absolutely no regrets!

Offline jekoy

• DVD Addict
  • Movielandia
  • Liked:
« Reply #236 on: Mar 03, 2006 at 04:29 PM »
from a different forum...

Robin visits Kuya’s house
3/3/2006 10:00 AM

Actor Robin Padilla, brother of celebrity housemate Rustom, makes a surprise visit to Big Brother’s house this morning to clarify some matters with Christian.

Robin wants to confront Christian about the incident that happened on evening of February 15, where Christian pretended that he’s gay to cheer up Angela, who was very disheartened at that time after learning that her house in Cebu was burglarized. Robin believes that Christian did it to offend Rustom.

Before Robin meets the other housemates, Big Brother gives Rustom a chance to privately talk with his brother inside the confession room.

They’re now having a heart-to-heart talk about Rustom’s revelation and the incident concerning Christian. Rustom breaks down and cries when Robin gives him a tight embrace while saying "hangang-hanga kami sayo!"

*na getz ko na, itz about pala what xtian did na sa tingin ni robin nasaktan c rustom dahil nag bihis gay si xtian, parang di siya tama, grabeh naman pala si robin, harsed judgement*

more...

Christian explains his side to Rustom
3/3/2006 11:30 AM

In Robin Padilla’s short visit to Big Brother’s house, celebrity housemate Christian had a chance to explain his side to Robin, who went inside the house this morning to confront Christian for allegedly making fun of Rustom’s sexuality.

Robin was referring to an incident that happened on the evening of February 15, where Christian pretended he’s gay to cheer up Angela, who was very disheartened at that time after learning that her house in Cebu was burglarized.

Robin thought that Christian did it to offend Rustom, which Christian vehemently denied. During their conversation earlier, Christian stressed that he had no intention to offend or make fun of Rustom when he acted and dressed up like a gay during the incident. Christian explained that he just wanted to help the other housemates in cheering up Angela. “Wala akong pinapatamaan noon kahit sino. Di ko alam kung paano ininterpret ng tao yung ginawa ko doon. Nag-eenjoy lang kami sa labas (ng garden). Wala akong pinapatamaang tao, yung pag-interpret nila noon (sa ginawa ko) di ko macocontrol yun.“

Christian also apologized to Robin. He said that he didn't mean to offend him with what he did.

Before they ended their conversation, the bad doy of Philippine cinema pleaded to Christian not to do anything that would hurt the feelings of his brother, who is in a very difficult situation according to Robin. " Ang pakiusap ko sana…ang aking kapatid na si rustom ay dumadaan sa isang pagsubok. Pag nakikita namin siyang nasasaktan, nasasaktan din kami. Huwag na sana nating sabunin ang kahinaan niya, kung anuman yung nakikita mong kalambutan, nakikiusap ako kapatid na sana huwag na nating masahihin. Itago mo na lang. nakikiusap ako sa'yo… pakiusap lang ‘tol na sana wala nang maulit ng ganoon. " Robin said.

Watch PBB Celebrity Edition tonight to get the latest updates on this story. PBB Celebrity Edition airs after Princess Lulu on ABS-CBN.

Absolutely no regrets!

Offline Mr. Big Boy

• DVD Addict
  • Big Better Bolder
  • Liked:
« Reply #237 on: Mar 03, 2006 at 10:09 PM »
Yes Mr Big Boy, you are stereotyping gays. Merong baklang fashionista, merong jologs, merong hiphop, merong alternatibo--iba't iba. I do not see the connection of one's sexuality and the beauty business.

No offense, but I'm speaking in general terms.  Can you even name one prominent beauty expert na hindi female or gay?  Again I'm not stereotyping, I'm just calling a spade a spade and I don't think that's a bad thing anyway.  When Rustom came back from the States and opened his beauty shop I said to myself, finally a heterosexual beauty expert, well that was then, and we all know how it turned out to be.

When I said that outing himself would be good for his beauty business ventures, I was not stating that as an opinion, but as an observation to the beauty business industry.  In Rustoms case as far as I know, besides being an actor he is also engaged in beauty product business, that's why I just mentioned that 2 aspects, but ofcourse we all know that gays could excel in any field, but obviously there are some fields that are more appealing to gays and that's not a bad thing.
« Last Edit: Mar 03, 2006 at 10:16 PM by Mr. Big Boy »

Offline edboy7

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • My name is Juan Antonio
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #238 on: Mar 03, 2006 at 11:08 PM »
i guess its btween Rico and Christian na lang this weekend ::)
« Last Edit: Mar 03, 2006 at 11:10 PM by edboy7 »

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #239 on: Mar 03, 2006 at 11:11 PM »
^ i actually can't decide who i want to leave more. LOL.