Author Topic: NAD CD Player  (Read 109450 times)

Offline classicman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NAD CD Player
« Reply #420 on: Jan 31, 2006 at 11:06 PM »
Classicman,

You sound familiar, lemme think, I see...now I know..yeah, you're the one...hehe.  Yes, my 705 sounds amazing.  Although its not yet fully broken in.  How's your new babies?  your cdm se?  pls post your review also.  thanks and regards.

Anyway, thank you guys for your guidance and insights.  BTW, I just contacted studio systems yesterday and my unit is already ready for shipment.   They said, they replaced the lens.  I just hope its true, coz I wouldn't know.  I just can't wait for the day of my NAD reunion and play back my cds.

bai juvinyl,

my CDM1 SE speakers were supposed to be brought by sir hemisphere (who graciously accomodated my request to bring them as his baggage :)) yesterday, but his cebu trip was postponed to feb. 7 :(......am really excited to set them up na & hear them play, but apparently i still have to wait for another week, hehehe ;D

am glad to know that your NAD cdp has already been fixed & ready to be shipped back to you 8)

Offline juvinyl

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #421 on: Feb 02, 2006 at 01:07 PM »
classicman,

You have been waiting for long, what a pity.  kung ako nyan wala na akong tulog sa kaiisip for my new babies. 

Suggestion lang, you can arrange hemisphere to go to the airport with your speakers and have it forwarded through fast pack or Cebu pacific.  In this kind of shipment, you have to personally go to the airport for pick up.  That's what I did for my new TT and it cost only P300 for the shipment within 24 hours.  Thanks for the excellent service by Home Theater in Manila c/o Sonny Tuazon.

My NAD is coming back.  SS systems told me to expect for the charges daw, but I said "what charges?" and ended up free of charge for Labor and parts.  Until now, hindi pa rin dumadating maybe this saturday. 

If you are in interested, I got a friend who have large volumes of CD albums.  I asked 10 burned copies and they sound excellent.  Nice re-recording by Butch. 

Just text me if you interested.  thanks and regards.
CLEARAUDIO EMOTION TT/ ROTEL RCD-1072, RC-1070, RB-1070, B&W 705

Offline juvinyl

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #422 on: Feb 13, 2006 at 08:04 PM »
Hi NAD users,

This is a continuation to my first post regarding my problem with my NAD c542 cd player.    I got it back last February 8, 2006.  You know what?  I'm here in Cebu and Studio Systems didn't charge me of the freight cost from Cebu to Manila and V.V. Excellent customer service experience!?.

Now you're thinking that I happy at last, but, NO!  The problem still persists!!!!  I contacted SS systems and asked if they have done the replacement of the lens (which they told me) and confirmed they did.  So, I told them what to do with the defective unit but can't give comment.  I was adviced to contact my store and in doing so, they (the store) told me that it is the dealer's responsibility.  They are throwing their own "s****t".  I was also told to lodge my complaint directly to the website, but when I did, as if, there's no way to post your feedback.   I was redirected to the FAQ but nothing relevant to this problem.  I also went to the warranty section and asked to fill up the forms to register but no password was sent to my email as stated after registering.

What happen to NAD?  ARe they running away from their responsibility knowing that there will be tonnes of problems that would arise from their crap products?

Offline jeckjeck

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi! I'm Jose Iñigo!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #423 on: Feb 13, 2006 at 08:31 PM »
sama naman nyan dude... parang nagyari rin sa boss ko (see earlier posts)... both dealer & distributor gave him the run around...  >:(

Offline taggart

• Collector
  • clean out that earwax for optimum sound exp!
  • Liked:
« Reply #424 on: Feb 14, 2006 at 12:49 AM »
ei juvinyl,

after reading your post, any of the following might have happened...

a. unit was repaired but was damaged in transit
b. unit is a lemon
c. lens is not the only problem
d. unit was not repaired at all(sana hindi)

sorry to hear about the problems encountered here NAD definitely has qc and service issues.  sayang their prices are competitive pa naman.  another one bites the dust! :(

Offline juvinyl

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #425 on: Feb 14, 2006 at 07:50 AM »
ei juvinyl,

after reading your post, any of the following might have happened...

a. unit was repaired but was damaged in transit
:(
Taggart,

It could be, because, they removed the transit screw and did not return it when transporting my player.  I asked why they transport the player without the transport screw, and they said they can't locate the screw.  They should have not done this, and they should have been the first to be concerned about that screw being the owner of the service.   In fact, I told them, your manual says if you lost the transport screw then you must buy replacement.  So you see, they don't even realize how important that part is.

Well, I learned that I am not the only unlucky NAD user out there.  I'm afraid this will be the first and last unit of NAD.

Good day to everyone.  Thanks.

Offline ding45

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #426 on: Feb 14, 2006 at 07:58 AM »
My 3-month old C542 also occasionally (maybe 2x a month) gives the "no disc" display even if I have just loaded a CD...reinserting the CD usually solves the problem...Hope it doesnt get worse.....

Offline s2kov

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #427 on: Feb 14, 2006 at 09:26 AM »
bro,

better to ask the distributor of the intermittent problem so that they will know that you have that problem. crap happens everywhere! ;D

My 3-month old C542 also occasionally (maybe 2x a month) gives the "no disc" display even if I have just loaded a CD...reinserting the CD usually solves the problem...Hope it doesnt get worse.....

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #428 on: Feb 14, 2006 at 09:54 AM »
Hi NAD users,

This is a continuation to my first post regarding my problem with my NAD c542 cd player.    I got it back last February 8, 2006.  You know what?  I'm here in Cebu and Studio Systems didn't charge me of the freight cost from Cebu to Manila and V.V. Excellent customer service experience!?.

Now you're thinking that I happy at last, but, NO!  The problem still persists!!!!  I contacted SS systems and asked if they have done the replacement of the lens (which they told me) and confirmed they did.  So, I told them what to do with the defective unit but can't give comment.  I was adviced to contact my store and in doing so, they (the store) told me that it is the dealer's responsibility.  They are throwing their own "s****t".  I was also told to lodge my complaint directly to the website, but when I did, as if, there's no way to post your feedback.   I was redirected to the FAQ but nothing relevant to this problem.  I also went to the warranty section and asked to fill up the forms to register but no password was sent to my email as stated after registering.

What happen to NAD?  ARe they running away from their responsibility knowing that there will be tonnes of problems that would arise from their crap products?

bai juvinyl,

sorry to know that the problem on your NAD cdp still persists & you got a s****y experience of their customer service :( >:( ???........you better call chris of soundroom asap & ask for a suki price-quote of their RCD-1072, hehehe ;D

Offline taggart

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #429 on: Feb 14, 2006 at 01:52 PM »
Taggart,

It could be, because, they removed the transit screw and did not return it when transporting my player.  I asked why they transport the player without the transport screw, and they said they can't locate the screw.  They should have not done this, and they should have been the first to be concerned about that screw being the owner of the service.   In fact, I told them, your manual says if you lost the transport screw then you must buy replacement.  So you see, they don't even realize how important that part is.

Well, I learned that I am not the only unlucky NAD user out there.  I'm afraid this will be the first and last unit of NAD.

Good day to everyone.  Thanks.

i can't believe SS shipped this without one!  that's negligence.  yep it's in the manual so i was surprised to hear they shipped this over kahit wala.  i wouldn't transport mine without it kahit sa kotse lang.  what they did was really dumb.  sayang lang repair nila. 

like classicman said maybe you'll have better luck with an RCD-1072.  :)

Offline juvinyl

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #430 on: Feb 14, 2006 at 08:02 PM »
Yes, they did and now they are trying to pass the blame on me on the lost transport screw!.   I told them, it would not happen to me because I am very careful in handling my equipment.  If only I had the picture, or the receiving paper with the screw noted on it, but I didnt think of going into that detail.  Because in the first place I trust SS.

Today, no way for another cd player, cos I will now be shot! ???   Thinking of upgrading in the future pero not now maybe in 2 years. :-\

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #431 on: Feb 20, 2006 at 06:55 PM »
I really wish consumer advocacy groups are as powerful here as they are in the US.  These things really shouldn't happen to decent folks.  When we buy things, we expect them to deliver as promised.  Otherwise, we have the right to have them returned/exchanged or refunded.  And not have to wait for anything, including repairs

Reminds me of a colleague in the US who forgot to clean the blades on his new osterizer after using it.  8 months after, the blender won't work due to rust and goo stuck on the blades and motor.  The unit was returned to the store and was promptly replaced, no questions asked.   No receipt was asked as the store already has a record of the purchase and the serial numbers.  And that was more the result of the consumer's oversight.  Not a lemon. 

Here we have god-forsaken consumers left on their own to fend for themselves against stores who only want your money.  Customer service goes out the window.  An expensive CD player proven to be defective even within months of service would have been replaced outright in the US.  Not here.  As long as consumers complain only in forums like this, nothing will happen.  But I have to say lodging complaints at toothless government offices is likewise useless.  Senators and congressmen are more interested elsewhere than to legislate in favor of consumers. It seems local consumers are consigned to merely airing their complaints in forums.  No hope for change. 
« Last Edit: Feb 20, 2006 at 06:58 PM by av_phile1 »

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #432 on: Mar 02, 2006 at 11:29 AM »
ANNOUNCEMENT

Effective March 01, redkoji will no longer represent Studio Systems or Avid Sales Corp. The redkoji was a personal account of the one previously handling the Team Studio, however since he will no longer managed the said team...he will therefore convert the said account back into it own personal used.

In case you have querry please call 842-1541 to 48. The e-mail address of [email protected] will also discontinue answering any inquiry or advised.

Offline audioslave

• Collector
  • used to be audioslave but now a fotoslave
  • Liked:
« Reply #433 on: Mar 04, 2006 at 05:53 PM »
seems like redkoji was sacked...  maybe, he was not able to handle effectively the gripings of some unfortunate NAD owners here! :o your guess is as good as mine  ;D

Offline juvinyl

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #434 on: Mar 04, 2006 at 08:47 PM »
Hi, I'm one of those unfortunate NAD users and my cdp is still in their repair shop!  What will happen to it after redkoji?   :-\ :'( :'( :'(

Offline audioslave

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #435 on: Mar 04, 2006 at 10:25 PM »
lemon pala NAD... ang daming sawee sa inyo! be cool guys, wag iinit ulo... drink a cold glass of lemoNADe  ;D

Offline juvinyl

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #436 on: Mar 05, 2006 at 12:17 AM »
Pero sabi pa nga "If life gives you lemons, don't give back lemonade, but squeeze the juice of the lemons into the eyes who gave you. ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: Mar 05, 2006 at 12:18 AM by juvinyl »

Offline audioslave

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #437 on: Mar 05, 2006 at 08:27 PM »
eto NAD C542 ko... machong macho pa rin! di pa nasisira... ilalaban ko pa yan ng torture test, 12 hours continuous play... hehehe  ;D

« Last Edit: Mar 05, 2006 at 08:29 PM by audioslave »

Offline buzzliteyear

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #438 on: Mar 06, 2006 at 11:45 AM »
Audioslave,

Iba na nagagawa ng "D50"  ;D ;D ;D

Ganda ng NAD mo. (para di off topic)

Offline juvinyl

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #439 on: Mar 06, 2006 at 12:21 PM »
Naalala ko tuloy yong C542 ko nung makita ko yung pic ni audioslave.  Haaayyy!  :( kailan ko kaya makakapiling uli yon? :( :'( :'(

Offline audioslave

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #440 on: Mar 06, 2006 at 12:47 PM »
Audioslave,

Iba na nagagawa ng "D50"  ;D ;D ;D

Ganda ng NAD mo. (para di off topic)

Exilim lang kumuha dyan, buzzlite  ;D di pwede mga lens ko sa close-up shot ei  ::)

Offline mYKi

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Collector
  • Ewan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #441 on: Mar 06, 2006 at 03:11 PM »
Yung NAD C542 ko still no problems since I got it.   ;D

Yung sa sister ko, nagka-problema after 6 months, replaced by distributor after pangunguilit, and since then, has been problem free again. Yung sa sister ko, she uses it at her coffee shop/bookstore and it's used almost 12 hours a day.  :)

Let's hope that Studio Systems will have better customer support (and not worse) after this change.

Myki

Audioslave,

Do you have any tweaks for the NAD C542? Any secrets on cables, isolators, etc.? Curious lang.

Offline aeris30

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #442 on: Mar 06, 2006 at 07:08 PM »
eto NAD C542 ko... machong macho pa rin! di pa nasisira... ilalaban ko pa yan ng torture test, 12 hours continuous play... hehehe  ;D

Same here sir, no problem encountered since the day my C542 was delivered :)
« Last Edit: Mar 06, 2006 at 10:04 PM by aeris30 »

Offline juvinyl

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #443 on: Mar 07, 2006 at 09:17 PM »
NAD cdp players particularly c542 have really quality issues because there are considerable number of people who are complaining about this cd player.  This is evident in various forums around the world.  In fact, in ecoustics.com there are also a number of people who posted and are complaining about the same problem with my cdp.  And not only for the cdp, they have also problems with the c272 and c162 amp-preamp combination.  Here in Philippines, how many are we?  3, 4, 5 or 6?.  At what percentage is this with the total number sold by studio systems?  If the defect accounts for 4%, can we say that it is tolerable to have 4 units defective per a hundred.  Well, I don't have any idea about production, but I think 4% percent is not acceptable and if this is the trend with this cdp, I think it will have tremendous impact on the realibility of NAD in the future.  For me alone, this is my last unit with NAD, and my friends here who knows about my fate with NAD, are already hesitant about buying NAD.

You know what?  I posted my complaint in the NAD website by posting on the "Ask your question portion".  The first and second time I post my question (it was a complain), I was answered by a certain Ms Karen Pritchard, and telling to handle the matter and get back to me in due time.  However, until recently, I didn't have my player and I posted again, and Karen never came back.   That was very good customer care!!!  Another thing, before doing all these, I first went to guestbook and wrote my complain.  Before me, there are alot of people who posted about their bad experience with NAD (I guess some of you who have gone on the page) saying about "don't buy NAD poduct" , "your website is awful" and the likes, but today, try to visit their guestbook, you won't see anything bad about NAD but praises. 8) 8)  It had been cleaned!!! ??? :-X

I'm sorry for writing all these, and who am I to put down NAD.  But as long as I'm not satisfied with their products and services and I feel that I'm cheated, I have to write it anywhere, in forums.  For us who are NAD victims, tell your friends about your bad experience, write it--in the internet so that NAD will suffer from pain and sooner of later, little by little-- the virus will wreak havoc on NAD. >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
« Last Edit: Mar 07, 2006 at 09:19 PM by juvinyl »

Offline audioslave

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #444 on: Mar 07, 2006 at 10:12 PM »
mYki, if you've read my earlier posts here, i've mentioned before that aeris30 and i were the first owners of the C542 here in the Philippines who purchased this player from Studio Systems and they delivered it to our doorsteps last March 2004 thru the kindness of one of their salesman. since the day i acquired this player, i have yet to experience any semblance of a problem and it has been more than 2 years now and my unit still plays flawlessly considering that i'm not really an analog guy who frequently spins records on my turntable. i would say that from day one up to this writing, it might have run for around 2,000 playing hours by now. so for me, i've already squeezed my money's worth out of this player but i still intend to keep it without any lingering thoughts of selling it in the immediate future. i have not done any tweaks nor modified its innards coz i'm one of the rare guys who do not advocate tinkering with the stock equipment for the simple reason that audio is a subjective hobby to appreciate and there's simply no way you can have your equipment, be it a high end audio gear, to satisfy each and everyone's liking or sonic tastes. if i'm happy with it, i'm fine with it and that equipment will stay in my rack for ages. my only secret, i guess, is that i never played and will not play any pirated CDs nor CD-Rs into it. fair enough, right? if one can buy an expensive piece of equipment, why stoop down and scrimp on your softwares? well, i know i'll get some ire with some of you guys but that's the way at look at things... to each his own as they say...
« Last Edit: Mar 07, 2006 at 10:21 PM by audioslave »

Offline taggart

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #445 on: Mar 08, 2006 at 12:37 AM »
pareho experience ko kay Audioslave kahit 1 year 3 months na ok parin C542 ko although i've done some tweaks like putting some bluetack inside to lessen cabinet resonance(reversible) and using stressballs(3) for isolation.  used cd-rs no problem so maybe that's not the cause?  gumagamit pala ako ng line conditioner.  got my unit at Spectra btw. 

Offline mYKi

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Collector
  • Ewan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #446 on: Mar 08, 2006 at 08:33 AM »
audioslave, thanks for your reply. I'm glad you're also happy with the C542. I almost bought a Cambridge Audio Azur 540C last month but when I listened to the C542, I told myself "why change it when you already like what you hear".

I don't use pirated CDs or CD-Rs as well (even pirated DVD's for that matter). I develop software and I wouldn't want people to pirate my work as well. I used to have lots of pirated stuff but I decided to get rid of them. This is one of the main reasons I sold my Xbox because I can't possibly afford to buy a handful of original games.

juvinyl, you definitely have the right to speak your heart out. Maybe one of the reasons redkoji was fired or re-assigned was because of your e-mail to Ms. Karen Pritchard. When I had a problem with my NAD, she also e-mailed me. But within a few days, I got a brand new replacement unit without charge.

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #447 on: Mar 08, 2006 at 04:09 PM »
When I had a problem with my NAD, she also e-mailed me. But within a few days, I got a brand new replacement unit without charge.

This is not the first I heard that bringing your problem directly to the Brand's overseas office or headoffice often nets more satisfying results than getting local support.  Maybe that should be the first recourse everytime.

Offline rascal101

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Naraniag nga aldaw kinyayo amin
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 41
« Reply #448 on: Mar 08, 2006 at 04:39 PM »
Poor service support locally?

Offline juvinyl

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #449 on: Mar 08, 2006 at 11:54 PM »
This is not the first I heard that bringing your problem directly to the Brand's overseas office or headoffice often nets more satisfying results than getting local support.  Maybe that should be the first recourse everytime.

This is what I always do, I direct my complaints to the headoffice if I don't get attention here.  Last time, when I had a broken grill, I emailed the manufacturer and after a week I got a call from Manila distributor asking for my address coz they are sending the replacement.

Some of our guys here can easily arrive to conclusions and tell you that your cdp was damaged due to playing cdr's which is not true in my case.  The fact, all my cds are original.  When my officemates knew that I have original cds, they kept on asking me if they can copy them.  First I gave in for their request but I refused for the next.  Why?  Because, I realised that I need quality music and to maintain this, musicians should be well compensated in order to make another good quality music.

I understand audioslave is happy with his cdp.  He's lucky, his unit isnt defective.  But, sooner or later, if he gets the bad one (in one bunch of fruit there is one bad) and suffer the same fate, he will realize how hard it is especially you feel that you don't get positive response from people.  Much more, if you get comments from a consumer whose sympathy is with the retailers and distributors.  How could we instill consumer advocacy/awareness if most of us have the attitude of audioslave?

« Last Edit: Mar 09, 2006 at 12:28 AM by juvinyl »