Author Topic: NAD CD Player  (Read 109108 times)

Offline devo

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • life's a bitch
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: NAD CD Player
« Reply #450 on: Mar 13, 2006 at 01:21 PM »
does anybody know where I can get a remote for a C520 model? even a used one will do.... TIA
rock and roll is here to stay...........

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #451 on: Mar 13, 2006 at 01:26 PM »
I doubt a CDR (nde yung physically sira) can damage a player. It's like saying you'll get your washing machine busted if you wash a fake Lacoste shirt in it.
« Last Edit: Mar 13, 2006 at 01:28 PM by bumblebee »

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #452 on: Mar 13, 2006 at 02:03 PM »
does anybody know where I can get a remote for a C520 model? even a used one will do.... TIA
sir devo...try mo sony universal remote rm-v402. or yung remote para sa nad 505 (5cd carousel) (dati nagbenta ang deeco ng ganitong model na cdplayer)...i've used these remotes aside from the original c520 remote.

Offline devo

• Collector
  • life's a bitch
  • Liked:
« Reply #453 on: Mar 13, 2006 at 02:50 PM »
sir devo...try mo sony universal remote rm-v402. or yung remote para sa nad 505 (5cd carousel) (dati nagbenta ang deeco ng ganitong model na cdplayer)...i've used these remotes aside from the original c520 remote.
tks chief.......... saan usually available yung Sony universal remote?

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #454 on: Mar 14, 2006 at 01:09 PM »
I doubt a CDR (nde yung physically sira) can damage a player. It's like saying you'll get your washing machine busted if you wash a fake Lacoste shirt in it.

Ha ha  ;D  True.  I have yet to read a technical white paper that says fake CDs can damage the player.

But discs that develop lines of cracks can damage a player, though not entirely.  I had an old (10 year old)  genuine disc that developed lines on the label side over time.  I thought it was nothing and was just showing signs of age..  I had played it recently but when I last played it on a Yamaha CD player, the disc just splintered into many pieces, scattering debris inside the player mechanism so that I could not eject it.  I had to open the unit and pick up the shatterd disc pieces.  For some reason, the lines were symptomatic of some internal tensions within the disc itself, the lines were actually fine cracks that developed over time, so that the high speed rotation from the player must have broke it to pieces.  Good thing the player still lives. 

Lesson: examine old discs before playing.  Any obvious line or crack on its surface can spell trouble.  If this had happened to a CD player under warranty, I am not sure how the dealer will treat this.    Mind you this is genuine CD. 
« Last Edit: Mar 14, 2006 at 05:01 PM by av_phile1 »

Offline oweidah

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #455 on: Mar 14, 2006 at 03:49 PM »
tks chief.......... saan usually available yung Sony universal remote?
SM appliance store and sony /avid shops

Offline devo

• Collector
  • life's a bitch
  • Liked:
« Reply #456 on: Mar 14, 2006 at 04:00 PM »
SM appliance store and sony /avid shops
thanks a lot

Offline juvinyl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #457 on: Mar 16, 2006 at 09:52 PM »
Hi guys,

I just got my NAD c542 last Wednesday and I am here again in order to neatly tie up both ends of the issue.  So far, it works flawlessly as if it hadn't undergone any physical trauma of repair.  I even notice an improved performance compared to the time when I acquired it.   The reading response time is shorter today than before.  The sounds is still amazing!  Iba rin talaga ang NAD. 8)

I appreciate the "make-up" move of Studio Systems in the person of Redkoji (siya ba yong si Regie?).  The box was shipped in wooden crates!  I was also surprised as I opened it, the unit was being wrapped neatly with plastic air cushion, and plastic air cushion all around in between spaces.  That was not the original wrapper when I bought it! 8).  The lost transport screw was restored! :)

To all NAD and Studio Systems guys, I'm sorry for what I've written in this forum.  I didn't mean to drag the company down, but pls understand that I was really upset with what happened.  You know what is wrong with us, sometimes we like to confront people at the height of our anger.  So that we can express exactly what our hearts desire and we feel good.  We can't wait for tomorrow when you cool off.   

I am thinking also that the time is still premature to make judgement, but I hope my unit will be fine.  Allow me to retract my statement before that this is my last unit with NAD.  No its not!.  In fact, I'm still considering another NAD separates to complement my new system.

Thanks for reading.
CLEARAUDIO EMOTION TT/ ROTEL RCD-1072, RC-1070, RB-1070, B&W 705

Offline mYKi

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Collector
  • Ewan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #458 on: Mar 17, 2006 at 08:43 AM »
juvinyl,

I'm glad you got your unit back already. I can just imagine how much you've missed your C542.  :)

Ohhhh! That warm, musical, punchy, but still detailed sound of NAD.

myki

Offline ding45

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #459 on: Mar 17, 2006 at 09:41 AM »
My NAD C542 performs as Sir Mykie describes, however are there any physical tweaks inside the player
that we can do to further improve the sound...(of course we have to do this after the warranty has lapsed).

Offline audioslave

• Collector
  • used to be audioslave but now a fotoslave
  • Liked:
« Reply #460 on: Mar 17, 2006 at 11:32 PM »
hey juvinyl, welcome to the CLUB  ;D ;D ;D

Offline juvinyl

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #461 on: Mar 18, 2006 at 09:40 AM »
peace man. ;D

Offline juvinyl

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #462 on: Mar 21, 2006 at 09:30 PM »
Hi guys,

I just got my NAD c542 last Wednesday and I am here again in order to neatly tie up both ends of the issue.  So far, it works flawlessly as if it hadn't undergone any physical trauma of repair.  I even notice an improved performance compared to the time when I acquired it.   The reading response time is shorter today than before.  The sounds is still amazing!  Iba rin talaga ang NAD. 8)

I appreciate the "make-up" move of Studio Systems in the person of Redkoji (siya ba yong si Regie?).  The box was shipped in wooden crates!  I was also surprised as I opened it, the unit was being wrapped neatly with plastic air cushion, and plastic air cushion all around in between spaces.  That was not the original wrapper when I bought it! 8).  The lost transport screw was restored! :)

To all NAD and Studio Systems guys, I'm sorry for what I've written in this forum.  I didn't mean to drag the company down, but pls understand that I was really upset with what happened.  You know what is wrong with us, sometimes we like to confront people at the height of our anger.  So that we can express exactly what our hearts desire and we feel good.  We can't wait for tomorrow when you cool off.   

I am thinking also that the time is still premature to make judgement, but I hope my unit will be fine.  Allow me to retract my statement before that this is my last unit with NAD.  No its not!.  In fact, I'm still considering another NAD separates to complement my new system.

Thanks for reading.

I am really being stained with bad luck in getting my first NAD gear.  I thought it would put the issue to rest,  and no matter how much praises and kind words you utter just to make things work in a positive way, however, this just doesn't work for me.    My NAD c542 still not working well when the player failed to do its usual chores yesterday just after a week of use.  

Anyway, again for the nth time, I contacted SS about the new development of my cdp and hoping they will act on it.  This will the third time that I will be sending to them, pero kung mahiya naman sila, dapat palitan na nila 'to or give my money back so that I can move on to other brands. 
« Last Edit: Mar 21, 2006 at 10:27 PM by juvinyl »

Offline audioslave

• Collector
  • used to be audioslave but now a fotoslave
  • Liked:
« Reply #463 on: Mar 22, 2006 at 05:54 PM »
hey juvynil, say ADIOS to the CLUB  ;) ;D ;D ;D

Offline 7Even

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #464 on: Mar 22, 2006 at 07:36 PM »
bad trip na yan kpag ganyan pa din yung unit! >:(

Offline taggart

• Collector
  • clean out that earwax for optimum sound exp!
  • Liked:
« Reply #465 on: Mar 23, 2006 at 01:02 AM »
one word: lemon

nice one audioslave hehe. 

Offline oweidah

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #466 on: Mar 23, 2006 at 07:18 AM »
sir juvinyl...sad to hear about your predicament. studio systems pa ba may hawak ng nad products? mid 90s daiichi humawak ng nad hindi nagtagal. ewan whats with nad? iv been nad fan since owning the revered giantkiller of the 80s- the nad3020 (i even have the audio critic magazine page - summer/fall/yearend 1979- that reviewed it $175 int.amp that wipes out most $1000 preamps plugged into $1000 power amps).

anyway, after that i owned nad304,310,320(two units), 320bee, 414 tuner and c520cd and kef coda7 all bought from nad authorized dealer in saudi. No problem whatsoever, excellent customer relation and aftersales support. late last year, the salesperson sent me (thru my friend) brochures of nad products and castle, rel, naim, chord co.etc..... and to think of it i dealt with him over the phone coz we're 1200 kilometers away from each other; 2.5hours by plane; 16hours by land! all items delivered to my doorstep the next day via dhl that was not charged to me. though i wasnt able to haggle the price, it was equivalent to the british market price, fair enough.

btw..also owned a nad cdp 505 5carousel changer sold by deeco mid90s..price was 2990pesos.

studio systems/ redkoji? sayang...o buti na lang pala hindi ko tinuloy plans for nadt753....as per this thread's post and other posts...sorry to say your service s***s.

would i recommend nad? - the product sound quality - yes! as to the product build of units sold here ...???  di kaya napagkamalang tambakan ng lemon ang pinas? huwag naman
« Last Edit: Mar 23, 2006 at 08:56 AM by oweidah »

Offline Lord Foo

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #467 on: Mar 23, 2006 at 07:51 AM »
Ha ha  ;D  True.  I have yet to read a technical white paper that says fake CDs can damage the player.

But discs that develop lines of cracks can damage a player, though not entirely.  I had an old (10 year old)  genuine disc that developed lines on the label side over time.  I thought it was nothing and was just showing signs of age..  I had played it recently but when I last played it on a Yamaha CD player, the disc just splintered into many pieces, scattering debris inside the player mechanism so that I could not eject it.  I had to open the unit and pick up the shatterd disc pieces.  For some reason, the lines were symptomatic of some internal tensions within the disc itself, the lines were actually fine cracks that developed over time, so that the high speed rotation from the player must have broke it to pieces.  Good thing the player still lives. 

Lesson: examine old discs before playing.  Any obvious line or crack on its surface can spell trouble.  If this had happened to a CD player under warranty, I am not sure how the dealer will treat this.    Mind you this is genuine CD. 

Sir I once talked with a Yamaha Sales Person regarding possible damages to a CD or DVD player due to damaged disks. One of the problems he mentioned is that cracks may reflect back the laser light into the laser lens light source damaging the lens.

Offline juvinyl

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #468 on: Mar 23, 2006 at 09:02 AM »
Lord Foo,

Here are the previous post re using CDs and CDRs.  It's not an issue of cracked CDs but using CDR on a CDP.

my only secret, i guess, is that i never played and will not play any pirated CDs nor CD-Rs into it. fair enough, right? if one can buy an expensive piece of equipment, why stoop down and scrimp on your softwares?

???
;) :)

;D ;D ;D.  What an excellent posts.  Well, I should say adios to the club as suggested by audioslave. ;D  Thanks everyone.  Bye.
« Last Edit: Mar 23, 2006 at 09:08 AM by juvinyl »

Offline ricky

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544
« Reply #469 on: Mar 23, 2006 at 11:54 AM »
Lord Foo,

Here are the previous post re using CDs and CDRs.  It's not an issue of cracked CDs but using CDR on a CDP.

??? ;) :)

;D ;D ;D.  What an excellent posts.  Well, I should say adios to the club as suggested by audioslave. ;D  Thanks everyone.  Bye.

Finally bro juvinyl,its about time ;D I used to say to my former employees before terminating them "magaling ka nga e palagi ka naman absent so balewala din" he he. Im sure there are other products out there na hindi tsambahan ang enjoyment ;)

Offline DoubleTapz

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #470 on: May 07, 2006 at 10:09 AM »
Hi
im looking for a NAD C521BEE CD player.
What shop do you reccommend i buy it from?

Thanks

Offline psychodreamer

• Collector
  • +Live+
  • Liked:
« Reply #471 on: May 07, 2006 at 06:05 PM »
Wow, it's been a while since I last read this NAD thread.  My C542 will turn 2 this coming July,  and it still works like a tank.

I'm sorry for those who experienced otherwise.
Lines cut across my face...

Offline icebox

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #472 on: Sep 16, 2007 at 09:54 PM »
I have a NAD 515 and it is already having problems... I don't seem to feel safe bringing it to Avid.. any other place good?

Offline main_man04

• Collector
  • live life to the fullest and die happy...
  • Liked:
« Reply #473 on: Sep 20, 2007 at 08:23 AM »
I have a NAD 515 and it is already having problems... I don't seem to feel safe bringing it to Avid.. any other place good?

icebox...

im planing to buy a 525bee! pwede ko ba malaman anong problem ng 515 mo?
[img width=468 height=97]http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd317

Offline icebox

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #474 on: Sep 21, 2007 at 12:40 PM »
I'm guessing dirty or misaligned lens

Offline ches

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #475 on: Oct 17, 2007 at 12:05 AM »
Hi I got a nad cd542 bought last september, it does not have a problem reading disc or cdr except when a melody cdr is being played it cannot detect the disc and displays no disc. anyone have same problem?, I also bought a preowned cd521i here in pdvd it reads the melody disc but it takes longer to detect it and sometimes it takes too long to find the track no.

Offline oweidah

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #476 on: Oct 17, 2007 at 09:31 AM »
Hi I got a nad cd542 bought last september, it does not have a problem reading disc or cdr except when a melody cdr is being played it cannot detect the disc and displays no disc. anyone have same problem?, I also bought a preowned cd521i here in pdvd it reads the melody disc but it takes longer to detect it and sometimes it takes too long to find the track no.

also had a nad 505 carousel in the mid90s ang c520 (1998?). ganyan talaga nad, mejo mabagal read ng discs, just gotta live with it pero maganda naman tumunog-solid performer on the warm side yet detailed.

anybody knows the brandnew price of the 525bee?

Offline main_man04

• Collector
  • live life to the fullest and die happy...
  • Liked:
« Reply #477 on: Oct 25, 2007 at 08:54 AM »
also had a nad 505 carousel in the mid90s ang c520 (1998?). ganyan talaga nad, mejo mabagal read ng discs, just gotta live with it pero maganda naman tumunog-solid performer on the warm side yet detailed.

last time nag tanong ako sa audioworld it's 13+++ try mo tumawag sa kanila look for jason or che
[img width=468 height=97]http://i223.photobucket.com/albums/dd317

Offline 5Speed

• Collector
  • It's me..
  • Liked:
« Reply #478 on: Oct 25, 2007 at 04:31 PM »

I have this CDP for almost a month now.....gives my setup a new acoustical dimension...hehehe:) Now I am listening again to my old CD's with new enjoyment......

I'm in overseas though so I dont know how much is the current price of these in the Philippines....

Offline oweidah

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #479 on: Oct 29, 2007 at 04:30 PM »
last time nag tanong ako sa audioworld it's 13+++ try mo tumawag sa kanila look for jason or che

tnx..i checked Nad website & confirmed with jerome, once deal is sealed its gonna be Hi-Fi+ authorrized Nad distro dito.