Author Topic: check this dvd out: saragossa manuscript  (Read 613 times)

Offline uebetan12

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
check this dvd out: saragossa manuscript
« on: Feb 27, 2006 at 05:03 AM »
just received my order of the saragossa manuscript {1965}

widely regarded as the greatest movie of all time of poland.

largely unknown nowadays but cinema and dvd lovers should have a copy of this movie.

starring zbigniew cibulski-poland's james dean and correctly named because he also met a tragic accident and 

death.

recently voted in kazakhstan as one of the top 50 greatest movies of all time on a per country basis.

restoration of this movie was started by jerry garcia of the grateful dead, the rock group lead singer, and was

completed by martin scorsese and francis ford coppola.

this movie was already released on dvd by image entertainment in a director's cut edition, with 182 minutes.

though was not nominated for an oscar for best foreign film, fans have now started to appreciate the beauty of

this relatively obscure polish film.

i have started to go over certain parts of the movie and the picture quality is amazing considering the age of

the movie.

the movie is about the fantastic adventure of a soldier during the middle ages? and comparable to the arabian

nights and/or baron munchausen, stories within a story.

based on a classic and famous novel, it was a very ambitious movie and very expensive too...........

highly recommended classic movie in glorious black and white and a must have for dvd collectors. get one

before it becomes hard to get and/or out of print .

do you know of other movies like this? considered greatest in their country and already out on dvd region 1?

check out the reviews and all other details of this movie and all other movies on the best movie and dvd

website, www.imdb.com, and vote there too for your favorite movies, the number one search site for movies

and dvd

Offline uebetan12

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: check this dvd out: saragossa manuscript
« Reply #1 on: Mar 01, 2006 at 08:39 AM »
pano napunta ito rito, naghahanap ng ako ng mga ganito pang movies. obscure classics na maire recommend sa ken at sa iba pang mga posters dito sa site na to????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????