Author Topic: The Panasonic AE900 Thread  (Read 20937 times)

Offline ricky

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544
Re: Panasonic AE900--its out now!!
« Reply #30 on: Dec 12, 2005 at 10:12 AM »
congrats alvinthx2,and jambam sana swertihin ka  ;D

Offline MAtZTER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #31 on: Dec 13, 2005 at 10:09 AM »
AE900 images taken by a digicam. Take note that the digicam doesnt do justice to what the naked eye sees. Any movement from the video tends to make the image a bit blurry. But these are the best that I could get:

CLICK HERE
« Last Edit: Dec 19, 2005 at 10:54 AM by MAtZTER »

Offline Platinum

• Trade Count: (+185)
  • Collector
  • Happy with what I have, working for what I want...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #32 on: Dec 13, 2005 at 10:19 AM »
Thanks for the great shots! Screen proportion can be based on the AVRs visible volume knob :)
Happy happy holidays Sir Matt :)
Enjoy what you have!

Offline czedryk

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • VI VERI VENIVERSUM VIVUS VICI
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Dec 13, 2005 at 10:28 AM »
sir Mat,

Congratz on your new toy!!!
Mukhang very happy xmas mo ngayon a  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #34 on: Dec 13, 2005 at 10:39 AM »
WOW!!!!!!  can't wait!!!!! (m drooling!!!!) ang ganda talaga sir matz ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Dec 13, 2005 at 10:56 AM »
WOW!!!!!!  can't wait!!!!! (m drooling!!!!) ang ganda talaga sir matz ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Teka teka, dont think about it muna. Concentrate on your wedding prep & honeymoon first. Baka di ka mapakali sa honeymoon mo nyan at gusto mo na umuwi kaagad... lol :D

Better yet, sa bahay na lang honeymoon, paradise na yun may AE900 ka sa HT room mo, hehehe...

Or portable naman yung AE900 so dalhin mo na lang sa luggage mo.... ;D

sir Mat,

Congratz on your new toy!!!
Mukhang very happy xmas mo ngayon a ;D ;D ;D

Very happy! It was a pleasure to meet you at Mang Sonny's, Czed! Merry Xmas!  :)
« Last Edit: Dec 13, 2005 at 11:07 AM by MAtZTER »

Offline ricky

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #36 on: Dec 13, 2005 at 06:28 PM »
MATZ bakit monsters ang picture ??? di ba meron ka yung MUNCHERS?joke last nA ITO bro ha ha ha.congrats at wala vertical banding ;D

Offline jambam

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • DVD Addict
  • I love Tech toys
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #37 on: Dec 13, 2005 at 09:50 PM »
We have been complaining of how much more we have to pay for Plasma ,LCD TVs versus the rest of the world... But this Panny projector is much cheaper to buy here in the Phils than elsewhere, yes even versus US online stores ... plus you get local warranty ...

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #38 on: Dec 13, 2005 at 10:15 PM »
We have been complaining of how much more we have to pay for Plasma ,LCD TVs versus the rest of the world... But this Panny projector is much cheaper to buy here in the Phils than elsewhere, yes even versus US online stores ... plus you get local warranty ...
  exactly...i started out in this forum having a budget to look for a dlp tv...and guys from this forum suggested i consider a front PJ......buti na lang....will get my panny na soon.....(sama na lang sa budget spare lamp if ever mapapadalas ang viewing kapag nawili sa ganda, can i say that to you sir matz? ;D ;D)  you get excellent picture quality, twice the picture size at a third or half the price!!   ;D

Offline alvinthx2

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • DVD Addict
  • System= source+amplification+speaker+ROOM
  • Liked:
« Reply #39 on: Dec 14, 2005 at 12:04 AM »
if you like the picture posted by maltzer, wait till you see it with a true 720p source. With HVD via neu neo hvd2085. It does not have any artifacts whatsoever.  Waiting for my Iscan DVDO HD+, then , I'll see what the panny is really capable off. but for now, its one of the best purchase that I have made in a long long time.
STORMAUDIORevel,BAT,VPI,Accuphase,Bryston,Lumagen,Esoteric,PMC,AR,ROON,PURIFI,BENCHMARK,JBL

Offline ricky

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #40 on: Dec 14, 2005 at 12:59 AM »
I think matz is viewing at 720p already thats why its so clear :)

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #41 on: Dec 14, 2005 at 09:35 AM »
Yup, that was 720p, I forgot to mention at the post. Its even clearer when viewed with the naked eye. Digicam doesnt give justice to the true image.

Offline czedryk

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • VI VERI VENIVERSUM VIVUS VICI
  • Liked:
« Reply #42 on: Dec 14, 2005 at 12:05 PM »
Very happy! It was a pleasure to meet you at Mang Sonny's, Czed! Merry Xmas!  :)

Pleased to meet you also sir!!! Hope I can see your gears in action one of these days  ;D
And A Very Happy Xmas also!!!

Offline jambam

• DVD Addict
  • I love Tech toys
  • Liked:
« Reply #43 on: Dec 14, 2005 at 01:43 PM »
I checked w/ our dealer in the morning , sabi niya only one left w/ Panasonic Phils. But pricing hindi pa kami nagkasundo :(  ... So he said he will call me later to check w/ his boss on the price.

Anyway I got a call in the afternoon ok na price  :D , but nakuha na last unit  :-[ , offer nya demo unit na Ae700 while I wait for delivery ( January pa )and pay later na lang when my actual unit arrives  :)

Offline ricky

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #44 on: Dec 14, 2005 at 01:49 PM »
I checked w/ our dealer in the morning , sabi niya only one left w/ Panasonic Phils. But pricing hindi pa kami nagkasundo :(  ... So he said he will call me later to check w/ his boss on the price.

Anyway I got a call in the afternoon ok na price  :D , but nakuha na last unit  :-[ , offer nya demo unit na Ae700 while I wait for delivery ( January pa )and pay later na lang when my actual unit arrives  :)

Bro although ae 500,700 and 900 almost the same,its better for you to get the latest which is the 900. iba yung latest bro even if theres a diff in price.

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #45 on: Dec 14, 2005 at 01:51 PM »
  exactly...i started out in this forum having a budget to look for a dlp tv...and guys from this forum suggested i consider a front PJ......buti na lang....will get my panny na soon.....(sama na lang sa budget spare lamp if ever mapapadalas ang viewing kapag nawili sa ganda, can i say that to you sir matz? ;D ;D)  you get excellent picture quality, twice the picture size at a third or half the price!!   ;D

And more importantly (for me)  its thinner (less space consumed) than DLPs or RPTVs. After the AE900 purchase, I found myself in no mood anymore to drool over those plasma or LCD or DLP TVs as I once did (a lot  ;D).

The PJ is indeed just as good, with twice the viewing size and less expensive. Even with its 2000 hr bulb life, a spare bulb at P15k would still justify its cost difference from a plasma. Only disadvantage is that ambient light has to be controlled.

Sonny recommended that the spare bulb should be bought later, maybe 2 years after cuz its usually still available and cheaper by that time.
« Last Edit: Dec 14, 2005 at 02:00 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline jambam

• DVD Addict
  • I love Tech toys
  • Liked:
« Reply #46 on: Dec 14, 2005 at 02:07 PM »
Bro although ae 500,700 and 900 almost the same,its better for you to get the latest which is the 900. iba yung latest bro even if theres a diff in price.

Sorry if I misled you ... The AE700 will be loaned to me as demo for Free....until such time they can deliver the AE900  .. And I will only pay for  it when they deliver the  AE900.. Price I believe is almost same really.
« Last Edit: Dec 14, 2005 at 02:11 PM by jambam »

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #47 on: Dec 14, 2005 at 02:26 PM »
Sorry if I misled you ... The AE700 will be loaned to me as demo for Free....until such time they can deliver the AE900  .. And I will only pay for  it when they deliver the  AE900.. Price I believe is almost same really.

Thats a very nice offer, at least you could see & compare the difference between the 2 PJs...

We hope you could post your observations here  ;).
« Last Edit: Dec 14, 2005 at 02:34 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline ricky

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #48 on: Dec 14, 2005 at 02:36 PM »
Bros dont worry about the bulbs,i've been using mine to my heartys content for over a year now ant have consumed only 655hrs at this time aT low lamp life setting. Dont save for the bulb but for the dlp upgrade instead ;D ;D ;D

Offline jambam

• DVD Addict
  • I love Tech toys
  • Liked:
« Reply #49 on: Dec 14, 2005 at 03:04 PM »
Thats a very nice offer, at least you could see & compare the difference between the 2 PJs...

We hope you could post your observations here  .

Ok will post it... But it maybe a challenge as I have a bunch of office mates lining up to borrow my demo unit even though I still don't have it.

Offline ricky

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
« Reply #50 on: Dec 14, 2005 at 03:12 PM »
Ok will post it... But it maybe a challenge as I have a bunch of office mates lining up to borrow my demo unit even though I still don't have it.

Bro dont lend it to anyone bec once you broke it you pay for it.

Offline jambam

• DVD Addict
  • I love Tech toys
  • Liked:
« Reply #51 on: Dec 14, 2005 at 08:53 PM »
Bro dont lend it to anyone bec once you broke it you pay for it.

Good Point  :D

Offline alvinthx2

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #52 on: Dec 14, 2005 at 08:57 PM »
Actually what I mean is a true 720p HD source similar to bluray or hd dvd. this means that there is no upconvertion to the native resolution of the projector. 720p directly to the Projector, nothing in between to process the pixels. You will notice that there are no panning lag as well as 0 artifacts from upconvertion. I am not saying that the images were bad. Actually they are great, but to optimize your viewing pleasure, a hvd disc is the best source you can use today before the availability of hd dvd or blue ray disc. Problem lang is, they are only a handful of these disc and most of them are in chinese
STORMAUDIORevel,BAT,VPI,Accuphase,Bryston,Lumagen,Esoteric,PMC,AR,ROON,PURIFI,BENCHMARK,JBL

Offline alvinthx2

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #53 on: Dec 14, 2005 at 09:00 PM »
Wala na bang unit the LIS? I think the prices there would be hard to beat. Sonny Tuazon and Audible Illusions have available stocks when I last checked. I really dont know, but the prices as Panasonic Philippines are much higher than LIS.

Offline jambam

• DVD Addict
  • I love Tech toys
  • Liked:
« Reply #54 on: Dec 14, 2005 at 09:24 PM »
Sabi ng dealer namin nakuha na daw from panasonic phils. ng LIS ang last unit . I think LIS and sights and sounds may units pa naman. So these units are not gray market. 

I have being collecting  true HD movies and they come is so many types of  format as TS files , mpg2, wmv-hd,  others in  high def xvid.  Real 1080 i and 720p ... Excited na ko to try these out

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #55 on: Dec 15, 2005 at 09:47 AM »
Actually what I mean is a true 720p HD source similar to bluray or hd dvd. this means that there is no upconvertion to the native resolution of the projector. 720p directly to the Projector, nothing in between to process the pixels. You will notice that there are no panning lag as well as 0 artifacts from upconvertion. I am not saying that the images were bad. Actually they are great, but to optimize your viewing pleasure, a hvd disc is the best source you can use today before the availability of hd dvd or blue ray disc. Problem lang is, they are only a handful of these disc and most of them are in chinese

I agree, the true 720p source should be amazing..Thanks for reminding me about these HVD disks. I just remembered I have a couple of em that were given free with the GIEC DVD player from HK, one is HOFD.

I will try em out.  :)

Offline Munskie

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #56 on: Dec 15, 2005 at 10:27 AM »
sa excitement ko, nauna pa ang pj screen ko..hehe in anticipation of this magnificent PJ. ;D ;D

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #57 on: Dec 15, 2005 at 10:50 AM »
sa excitement ko, nauna pa ang pj screen ko..hehe in anticipation of this magnificent PJ. ;D ;D

Tama lang yun bro, it gives you options in your renovation. Pwede mo itago sa ceiling or gawan ng design, parang yung mga HT room na ginawa ng LIS.

Offline Full HD 3D

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
Re: kelan kaya release ng panasonic ae900? and how much?
« Reply #58 on: Dec 15, 2005 at 12:06 PM »
Some pics to drool over ...

How's this unit comparing w. In focus same price category?Hows this unit also comparing to f.p. with dlp chips?

Offline dts-HD 3D

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #59 on: Dec 15, 2005 at 08:54 PM »
maybe this can help:   http://www.projectorcentral.com

DLPs used to reign in terms of black level and contrast but more pricey compared to LCDs. But the gap closed with the release of AE900 & Z4 sporting high resolution(1280 native), higher contrast ratio, video quality & performance that exceeds DLPs. So, 'value for hard earned 13th mo. + bonus' ;D I'll go for the AE900.