Author Topic: Fantastic Four  (Read 2966 times)

Offline hemisphere

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Fantastic Four
« on: Jul 28, 2005 at 03:30 AM »
from homemediaretailing

Director Has 'Fantastic' DVD Ideas
Author: FRED TOPEL
[email protected]
Posted: July 26, 2005

Director Tim Story thinks bigger will be better on DVD. He cut his comic book movie, Fantastic Four, down to a fast-paced 105 minutes for its hit theatrical release, but he has proposed an extended cut of the movie, in addition to deleted scenes as an extra feature, for the DVD.

“I feel like now people have seen the kind of fast- paced ‘get in and out’ version,” Story said. “We’re talking [about] only a handful of scenes that I might put back into the movie just to allow the movie to breathe a little bit.”

Extended cuts have become more common as studios look for opportunities to create additional, sellable versions of the same film. Many directors take issue with the term “director’s cut,” insisting that adding more does not necessarily make the film better. But Story is okay with creating additional versions with films under the right conditions.

“I don’t mind that, as long as I have the say so of what [is put back in],” he said.

Fantastic Four tells the origin of the team of superheroes exposed to cosmic radiation in outer space, resulting in each one developing unique powers. Most of the film’s visual effects are on display in theaters, but Story said he has saved a few for his extended cut.

“There are a couple of things with special effects in them that we actually finished up and then [will] put into the movie, so it’ll be interesting to see how people respond to it,” he said.

To complement or offer an alternative to the extended cut, Story also has plans for the standard array of DVD extras for Fantastic Four.

“There are going to be a lot of deleted scenes and commentaries, and we’re going to have a lot of special effects features,” he said.

Offline RadicalDude

• DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:
Re: Fantastic Four
« Reply #1 on: Jul 28, 2005 at 07:54 AM »
YES!!! ANOTHER EXTENDED CUT!!!
The sun itself sees not 'til heaven clears.

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Aug 09, 2005 at 02:05 PM »
Title: Fantastic Four
Starring: Ioan Gruffudd
Released: 13th December 2005
SRP: $27.95

Further Details
Fox Home Entertainment has today revealed the street date for Fantastic Four which stars Ioan Gruffudd, Jessica Alba and Chris Evans. The film will be available to own in seperate anamorphic widescreen, and full screen releases from the 13th December this year. Each should set you back around $27.95.

from DVDAnswers

Offline edboy7

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • My name is Juan Antonio
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #3 on: Aug 09, 2005 at 10:00 PM »

:)

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Aug 24, 2005 at 03:05 AM »
Our industry sources have checked in with the expected street date for 20th Century Fox's Fantastic Four  on DVD. Look for it to hit stores on 12/6. Just in case you were wondering. Adjust your ever-lovin’ plans accordingly.

from Digitalbits

Offline coco_men182

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Aug 31, 2005 at 12:58 PM »
Director Tim Story gives more info on the DVD, and the sequel:

F4M: Do you have any favorite scenes or lines in particular?
TS: There's a testing montage in the movie that I've always been fond of. Also, some of my favorite scenes didn't make in the final cut. Wait until the DVD, there are some scenes with Chiklis and Kerry Washington that were just awesome. Favorite lines: Johnny, "Now picture that, but everywhere."

F4M: Was any footage held back specifically for a special edition of the dvd? Did you approach any material, in pre- or post-production, with the intent of adding to a dvd later? Also, do you know if fans will be able to expect any of the scenes that we saw in trailers or featurettes that did not make it to the final film on the dvd?
TS: I just mentioned some stuff with Ben Grimm and Alicia - they're sooooo touching. We did go back and finish some special effect in scenes so we could add them to the dvd. Several actually. I think the fans will have some well worthy surprises on the dvd.

F4M: Has there been any discussion of you returning to direct any sequels to the film, and would you like to work on them again if asked?
TS: The chance of revisiting this world would be, well, fantastic. There are just so many stories and ideas that we weren't able to touch in this origin movie. But now that everyone is on the same page, things could get pretty exciting.

The full interview can be read here.

Offline edboy7

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • My name is Juan Antonio
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #6 on: Sep 08, 2005 at 05:26 PM »
Title: Fantastic Four
Starring: Ioan Gruffudd
Released: 13th December 2005
SRP: $27.95

Further Details
Fox Home Entertainment has today revealed the street date for Fantastic Four which stars Ioan Gruffudd, Jessica Alba and Chris Evans. The film will be available to own in seperate anamorphic widescreen, and full screen releases from the 13th December this year. Each should set you back around $27.95. Both will include English Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1 tracks, along with a cast commentary, three deleted scenes, an exclusive look behind the scenes with the cast, a Making of Fantastic Four featurette and a Fox Movie Channel Presents Fantastic Four "Casting Session" and "Making a Scene". Completing the package will be two music videos (Everything Burns and Come On Come In), a soundtrack spot, an inside look at X-Men 3, a theatrical trailer and the Marvel Avengers trailer. We've attached artwork below:

binigay ang hilig merong dts track ;D
avengers trailer? ???
« Last Edit: Sep 08, 2005 at 05:32 PM by edboy7 »

Offline jas

• Trade Count: (+427)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1247
« Reply #7 on: Sep 08, 2005 at 05:56 PM »
avengers trailer? ???

should be for the direct-to-DVD animated movie.

Offline El Zar

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Guru
  • Rebelde de Kamote
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
« Reply #8 on: Sep 09, 2005 at 10:53 AM »
The Avengers or The Ultimates, to be exact. Direct to DVD movie of the fan fave Marvel title featuring a more real-world line-up of Avengers. Read it. It's quite cinematic.

Offline aldrinpsx

• DVD Guru
  • Region 1 fanatic!!!!!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Sep 26, 2005 at 06:44 AM »
Missed this on the big screen.,.... added "AGAIN" on my long list of items to  buy...

peace!!!!

Offline Gideon

• DVD Addict
  • Galactic Bowler
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Sep 28, 2005 at 04:27 AM »
Ok ito.  Going to buy it din. 

But I'll wait for the SALE.   ;D
Begin 2 Imagine
[img]http://http://i3

Offline aldrinpsx

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Dec 04, 2005 at 10:24 PM »

EXCLUSIVE Limited Edition Gift Set includes: Fantastic Four DVD, CD-ROM featuring the first 23 issues, annual of the Ultimate Fantastic Four comic book series, exclusive Ultimate fantastic Four issue 12 comic book and 8 collectible round trading cards in a cool metal tin.

Another bestbuy exclusive.MSRP $29.99

peace!!!

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Dec 04, 2005 at 11:40 PM »
wow suerte na naman.. the americans are now learning how to sell DVDs...

8)

Offline barrid

• DVD Guru
  • What's on your mind?
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Dec 05, 2005 at 03:32 AM »
Ano ang ibig sabihin ng Minimum of 32 copies per store sa Best buy?  ???  ;D Kailangan bang maaga ako makipagrambulan doon?

Also Circuit City has a good freebie. A comic book.

Arrggghhh!!!! Wala kasi akong car kaya hindi gaanong accesible sa akin ang mga store na ito.   ;D

Ano kaya ang offer ng Walmart???
There's something to learn everyday

Offline d4nu65+3R

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • "i'm real when it's useful."
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #14 on: Dec 05, 2005 at 08:34 PM »
will there be a 2 disc edition of this, as well as mr. and mrs. smith?  im kind of holding back before i dive in.  dont want to get dissappointed the way i did with i, robot.  too much in a hurry to own it i ended up with the one disc version.

Offline jas

• Trade Count: (+427)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1247
« Reply #15 on: Dec 05, 2005 at 09:54 PM »
will there be a 2 disc edition of this, as well as mr. and mrs. smith?  im kind of holding back before i dive in.  dont want to get dissappointed the way i did with i, robot.  too much in a hurry to own it i ended up with the one disc version.

there will be an extended cut edition with more special features. check out earlier posts. :)

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: Dec 12, 2005 at 03:36 PM »

Offline vtec3

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #17 on: Mar 21, 2006 at 06:09 AM »

EXCLUSIVE Limited Edition Gift Set includes: Fantastic Four DVD, CD-ROM featuring the first 23 issues, annual of the Ultimate Fantastic Four comic book series, exclusive Ultimate fantastic Four issue 12 comic book and 8 collectible round trading cards in a cool metal tin.

Another bestbuy exclusive.MSRP $29.99

peace!!!

still saw lots of copies sa Bestbuy kanina  ;)

Offline aldrinpsx

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #18 on: Mar 21, 2006 at 06:33 AM »
VTEC... your also from here????what state?

peace!!!!
« Last Edit: Mar 21, 2006 at 06:37 AM by aldrinpsx »

Offline vtec3

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #19 on: Mar 21, 2006 at 07:08 AM »
Sir, visit lang ako sa relatives and friends. Arrived last Wednesday and stayed sa San Francisco for 4 days, I am now here sa New Jersey (west to east  :D )

There were several version of FF4 that I saw kanina. I was actually holding and about to buy na kaya lang nadinig ko dun sa isang salesperson na baka may sale this weekend kaya balik na lang ako  ;)

I saw a different version also sa Narita Duty Free and mga 2900 Yen pero mas maganda itong nasa Best Buy  ;D

Offline aldrinpsx

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #20 on: Mar 21, 2006 at 07:39 AM »
From warm to cold weather. ;D ;D ;D..lapit mo lang sakin... 5 hrs drive sa I95. ;D ;D ;D..your most welcome to drop  here. ;D ;D..in case you have  plans to visit the nations capital.. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

peace!!!!

Offline vtec3

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #21 on: Mar 21, 2006 at 07:59 AM »
sir thanks for the invite! I certainly would love to see your collection as well as your HT set-up  :)
« Last Edit: Mar 21, 2006 at 01:44 PM by vtec3 »