Author Topic: New NAD A/V Receivers  (Read 37842 times)

Offline jcob

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: New NAD A/V Receivers
« Reply #180 on: Nov 26, 2004 at 03:54 PM »
Sir, one significant thing I've notice from a NAD receiver is that their too HEAVY. Halos mabali ang likod ko pag nag lilipat ako ng set-up.

Most respected AudioPhile reviewer always give a plus factor on an equipment that is very hefty or heavy. Ibig sabihin hindi tinipid yung Transformer. My Old Pioneer receiver is rated 100 watts /channel but only weights siguro 40% of my NAD receiver rated at 80 watts/channel.

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #181 on: Nov 26, 2004 at 03:56 PM »

Sir, Im not really sure kung mapili sya sa speaker. Some says na hindi raw bagay ang NAD and wharf because the NAD is laidback and warm while the wharf is a little bit lacking in the highs.

I'm actually using my T752 with a wharf diamond 8.3 and a velodyne cht10 sub. So far it's ok with me kasi i prefer a mellower highs. At first, when I replace my Pioneer with the NAD, I'm disappointed, kasi comparing it on the volume setting (ex. -20 db) sa Pioneer parang ang lakas-lakas na, sa NAD parang ang hina. But I notice na magkaiba ang volume reference nila. And you'll appreciate it as you increase the volume. Kahit sobrang lakas na (almost max. vol) sa NAD ang linis pa rin tumunog. While on the Pioneer ang sakit na sa tenga (parang sobrang tulis na ng tunog) Feeling ko masisira yung tweeter ng speaker. In my opinion, NAD is very good when played at loud to very loud level.

I think NAD is better paired with a KLIPSCH speakers, because of NAD's  mellow characteristics. So far I'm contended with my set-up (At least for HT).
For Audio I would rate my NAD /WHARF combi to be 80% out of 100% grading.

Just my two cents

This perception is attributable to NAD's soft clipping electronics that activate at loud volumes that no other solid state reciever in this price range has.  This gives a smoother and more forgiving treble response when driven hard approximating that of tube gears.  Though I think this feature is defeatable in certain models, like in their stand-alone power amps.  

Offline jcob

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #182 on: Nov 26, 2004 at 04:01 PM »

This perception is attributable to NAD's soft clipping electronics that activate at loud volumes that no other solid state reciever in this price range has. This gives a smoother and more forgiving treble response when driven hard approximating that of tube gears. Though I think this feature is defeatable in certain models, like in their stand-alone power amps. 

Sir, the soft-clipping feature can be switch off. There's a switch at the back of my receiver. I switch it to off. As per NAD,  the receiver will bring better dynamics if it's in the OFF position. So far, the receiver does'nt shut-off even if I played it at MAX volume.

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #183 on: Nov 26, 2004 at 04:06 PM »
Ok, so it can be switched off in receivers as well.  I personally think that's the better option.

Offline v0elker

• Collector
  • They say jump and you say how high
  • Liked:
« Reply #184 on: Nov 30, 2004 at 10:07 AM »
kita mo na ba transformer nung T752 (pics off the web)? halos 1/4 ata ng chassis ni occupy nun, chunky beast. the higher models use holmgren toroids

Sir, one significant thing I've notice from a NAD receiver is that their too HEAVY. Halos mabali ang likod ko pag nag lilipat ako ng set-up.

Most respected AudioPhile reviewer always give a plus factor on an equipment that is very hefty or heavy. Ibig sabihin hindi tinipid yung Transformer. My Old Pioneer receiver is rated 100 watts /channel but only weights siguro 40% of my NAD receiver rated at 80 watts/channel.

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #185 on: Jan 07, 2005 at 05:26 PM »
Stereophile Ultimate AV    November 2004    Reviewer: Barry Willis         "Performance, after all, is the name of the home theater game, and that?s where the T 773 really shines. Highly recommended"

<http://www.nadelectronics.com/images/av_receivers/T773_big.jpg>

In its November 2004, Stereophile Ultimate AV a demanding audio/video publication has given our T773 a great review. The reviewer - Barry Willis - says "the NAD T 773 scores high where it counts most". Here are excerpts:   ""...The T 773 was extremely easy to use, whether via the front panel or the remote.
Very little instruction would be needed for even the most technophobic movie fan to get comfortable with it. It?s capable of deep tweaking for those who care to explore the setup menus, but most folks will be happy with the default settings. The display labels can be changed?say, from ?External 7.1? to ?SACD DVD-A??but that?s probably as far as most consumers would want to go.

Sound
Right out of the box, the T 773 sounded excellent. I played tons of CDs in 2-channel mode. Clean, airy, and dynamic, the music it made was rhythmic, infectious, and enveloping. In surround mode, it was even more involving..."

"...In my big system, the T 773 was surprisingly close to the performance of the Parasound Halo combo?amazing, given that, at $1799 retail, the T 773 is less than 25 percent of the cost of the Halo C 2 preampprocessor and A 51 power amp. The NAD had astounding dynamics, with a huge bass drive, seductive midrange, and
transparent treble. I was shocked at the quality of sound the T 773 delivered
with movies and music..."

"...Special praise is due to whoever designed NAD?s HTR 2 remote control, which comes with the T 773. It?s, by a long stretch, the most logical, easy-to-use universal remote I?ve ever handled. All its primary functions?and there are many?are so clearly laid out that first-time users will feel familiar with it immediately..."

"...The HTR 2 is programmable for every piece of gear in your system,
and it can be set up to execute macros so that one press of a button turns on your video display, dims your lights, and starts your DVD player, all in the proper order..."

"...In my book, the NAD T 773 scores high where it counts most?in sound and video quality, ease of installation and use, versatility, ruggedness, and implied reliability. Its nononsense visual design makes it among the least likely receivers to catch your eye on the sales floor, however. NAD makes some of its latest home theater gear in polished aluminum instead of its decades-old charcoal gray. The T 773 would look stunning turned out like that, but even in its current drab uniform, it?s still an outrageous bargain that outperforms a lot of stuff at many times its
price of $1799. With its upgradeable firmware, it should continue to do so for a
long time to come. Performance, after all, is the name of the home theater game, and
that?s where the T 773 really shines. Highly recommended...""

Offline IceColdBeer

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #186 on: Jan 19, 2005 at 03:58 PM »
my first post po! ;)

tanong lang po mga boss, magkano po ang NAD T773 dyan sa Pinas?

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #187 on: Mar 01, 2005 at 03:19 PM »
The NAD T-773 is now on display at Spectra exhibit at Cybermall.....available na po with a very aggressive pricing

Offline yukon

• Collector
  • live and let die!
  • Liked:
« Reply #188 on: Mar 01, 2005 at 06:43 PM »
how much ang T-773?...

Online bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #189 on: Mar 22, 2005 at 03:22 PM »
how much ang T-773?...

78k :P there's one in avsurfer power plant.

Offline joelcc

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #190 on: Apr 08, 2005 at 12:46 PM »
A friend of mine is currently looking for a new AV Receiver.  He is considering Onkyo TX-SR602.  Can this match NAD Receiver, let say T-763?  Would you know how much does this unit cost (both NAD and Onkyo)?  Please advise.  Thanks!

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #191 on: Apr 08, 2005 at 01:39 PM »
Between an NAD and an Onkyo, I'd choose a NAD anytime (except perhaps between flagship models as the Onkyo NR5000E is quite impressive.)

To compare between the NAD T763 and the Onkyo SR602 may be a bit unfair.  The former is second only to the T773 which I think is NAD's flagship among AV receivers, while the later is just a few models from Onkyo's entry levels and very far from the top.  I would also think the T763 is a lot pricier than the SR602, maybe twice as much or more.  Even looking at the weight, the T763 is 10kgs heavier than the 602's 12kg weight.   

But if I had to choose between them, I'd get the T763.  They're among the few brands that conservatively rate their gears against so many brands that overhype their power (Onkyo is one of them).  Quality issues aside, I prefer to patronize a brand that tells it as it is and not make claims the market wants to hear.  I will concede that the 602 is a 7.1 while the T763 is 6.1.  But I wouldn't trade value with quantity.   But that's just me.
« Last Edit: Apr 08, 2005 at 01:46 PM by av_phile1 »

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #192 on: May 26, 2005 at 04:57 PM »
NAD AV Receiver, T743 is displayed at the exhibit of SPECTRA at Park Square

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #193 on: May 26, 2005 at 05:04 PM »
We are currently developing a data based of NAD user here in the Philippines.

Thus we would like to invite all members of PinoyDVD ho are currently using any product of NAD to participate. To join the following information must be fsent to us :

Name :
Address :
Contact Number :

Model :
How long did you own the product :
Please privately e-mail it to [email protected]. Those who will participate shall enjoy some benefits in the incoming months activity.....including such items like freebies.......so please join.

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #194 on: May 26, 2005 at 05:22 PM »
NAD T 773 AV receiver
Stereophile Magazine

Barry Willis, November, 2004
<http://ultimateavmag.com/images/dots.gif>

New Acoustic Dimensions, aka NAD, has been building reliable, affordable, good-sounding audio equipment for well over a quarter of a century. Anecdotal evidence: My NAD 7225PE receiver, 20+ years old, is still working perfectly as the heart of my garage workshop audio system.

<http://ultimateavmag.com/images/archivesart/1104nad.1.jpg>

Now a division of Lenbrook Industries, NAD continues the tradition of high value with its line of home theater products. I spent a couple of pleasant months with this year's flagship receiver, the T 773, where it saw extensive duty, first in my small-room system with a Panasonic plasma screen and NHT speaker system, and second (briefly) in my large-room system, where it substituted for the Parasound Halo combo of C 2 preamp-processor and A 51 power amp. The NAD proved its worth in both cases.

Look and Features
Not the most glamorous piece of hardware that's graced the pages of Stereophile Ultimate AV, the T 773 is your basic big box, approximately the size of a beefy power amp, finished in charcoal gray with discreet white lettering. Horizontal grooves divide the front panel into three sections: the top with power switch, tuner buttons, and fluorescent alphanumeric display, and to the right of that a large volume knob. The midsection sports all the unit's function buttons, and a pop-off cover for the Video 6 inputs (S-video, composite video, and 2-channel audio), a convenience for camcorder users. Tone controls can be engaged or disengaged with the two buttons farthest to the right; once engaged, the volume control becomes a temporary treble or bass control. The bottom third of the front panel is clean, except for a row of logos indicating all the technologies incorporated within. The overall look is unpretentious and unimposing, with everything logically arranged for easy use.

<http://ultimateavmag.com/images/archivesart/1104nad.2.jpg>

Neatly arrayed on the rear panel are full complements of inputs and outputs, including seven channels of pre-out/main-in connectors joined by jumpers. There's also an IEC power connector for a detachable power cord, a switched two-prong convenience AC outlet, and the T 773's master power switch. There are nine pairs of closely spaced 2-way binding posts for all seven channels of amplification, plus an extra stereo pair for the Speaker B function. These terminals accept banana plugs, or you can screw them down securely on bare wire. Expandable, lock-in-place banana plugs are strongly recommended if the T 773 is to be installed where its rear panel won't be fully accessible.

Many of the RCA connectors on the rear panel are spaced only half an inch apart from center to center, making the use of large, audiophile-approved RCA plugs a bit problematic, but these are not the sort of cables likely to be used by most owners. I used Acoustic Research Performance Series cables in the small system with no difficulty.

The top left of the rear panel houses the IR and 12V trigger jacks. NAD has thoughtfully included extra outputs for both, making the task of plugging the T 773 into a custom installation all the easier.

The 52-pound T 773 is compactly built inside, with two hefty toroidal transformers stacked just behind the power connector. Two closely spaced heatsinks divide the left and right sides, and five small fans in a row directly beneath the heatsinks keep the NAD running cool no matter how hard you push it. The fans also serve to keep the heatsink weight and area?and, thus, the entire component's size?to a manageable level. I never noticed any fan noise in my two months with the receiver.

Soft Clipping
The back panel also includes a Soft Clipping switch. A proprietary NAD technology, Soft Clipping rounds out the hard edges of an amplified waveform as the amp is driven to the limits of its "rails," or absolute negative and positive power-supply voltages.

The effect, clearly visible on a 'scope on a test bench, can not only save speakers from destruction, but also make low-powered amplifiers sound much more robust than their specifications would indicate. The onset of harsh distortion is the audible cue that an amplifier is running out of breath; eliminating it is a brilliant way of mimicking the performance of much more powerful amps without the weight and expense. The benefits of Soft Clipping far outweigh any (mostly theoretical) liabilities, especially in a home theater system, where you're likely to encounter huge dynamic peaks from unexpected sound effects. I kept Soft Clipping engaged during my test drive of the NAD T 773. [The measurements, however, were made with soft clipping off (see sidebar)?TJN.]

Installation and Use
For most of the review period, I used the NAD with a Panasonic TH-42PWD3 42-inch plasma display, a Sony DVP-NS725P DVD/CD player, and an NHT speaker system. The Sony player was hooked up via component video and coaxial digital audio; a pair of cables also ran from the Sony's stereo analog output jacks to the NAD's CD input. Also, for comparison's sake, I ran an S-video cable from the Sony to an input on the plasma screen.

I also briefly tried running the output of an old Mitsubishi VCR into a composite video jack to see if the NAD would translate that feed into an S-video output. It did, although I could see no obvious benefit. The image on the plasma screen looked just as bad running the Mitsubishi's composite output directly into the plasma screen as it did converted to S-video through the NAD.

There is no corresponding upconversion from the S-video or composite-video inputs to the NAD's component-video output. To get component out, you have to give it a component in. As has been true with all the home theater gear I've tried, I could see no difference between the video image fed directly to the screen from the DVD player's component outputs or looped through the NAD.

However, there was a huge difference between the image generated by the S-video and component-video feeds. Although perfectly watchable by ordinary standards, the S-video image, viewed through the NAD, was soft, with washed-out colors and compromised contrast. The component image was sharp and vivid, with rich colors, bright in the highlights and dark in the shadows. It's a difference any novice could see without coaching.

The NAD setup is performed either through on-screen menus or the front panel display. It doesn't provide for automated calibration of speaker distance or level. For that, you measure the distance from your seat to each speaker and enter it using the setup menu. Each speaker can be set to Large or Small, according to its low-frequency capabilities, and the initial levels are set using the NAD's internal test signal and an SPL meter. (The RadioShack analog meter is ideal.) Once their levels are matched and entered in the NAD's memory, you shouldn't have to change them unless you change speakers or rearrange your room.

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #195 on: May 26, 2005 at 05:25 PM »
continuation

The receiver's volume knob or the volume button on the remote control adjusts the overall sound level, but NAD's HTR 2 remote control, which comes with the T 773, lets you tweak the levels of the surrounds, center channel, and subwoofer independently, without having to negotiate any menus. It's a brilliant innovation?three innocuous buttons at the tail end of the remote let you adjust the soundfield's balance on the fly, without affecting any other parameters. Other manufacturers let you do this, of course, but it's usually a two- or three-step process.

Like most home theater receivers these days, the T 773 has a separate "multi-source" output to feed a system in a second room, or to serve as the controller of a whole-house system. Input selection and volume of this second zone are controlled with the supplied ZR 2 remote control, independently from the program in progress in the NAD's primary zone?like two receivers in one. The multi-source (MS) video output is composite only.

The T 773 was extremely easy to use, whether via the front panel or the remote. Very little instruction would be needed for even the most technophobic movie fan to get comfortable with it. It's capable of deep tweaking for those who care to explore the setup menus, but most folks will be happy with the default settings. The display labels can be changed?say, from "External 7.1" to "SACD DVD-A"?but that's probably as far as most consumers would want to go.

Sound
Right out of the box, the T 773 sounded excellent. I played tons of CDs in 2-channel mode. Clean, airy, and dynamic, the music it made was rhythmic, infectious, and enveloping. In surround mode, it was even more involving. The Triplets of Belleville and School of Rock were among the many DVDs I enjoyed on the small system. The NAD was such a great match for the NHT speakers that I often found myself drawn to watching a film or listening to music with that system rather than with my much larger (and more expensive) main system.

The T 773 sounded good at all volume levels?from moderate, where I could converse comfortably with music in the background, to totally overwhelming. It never got irritating, even with some wall-shaking sound effects, such as those in 28 Days Later. The NAD's digital circuitry is superb; it locked on to any digital signal and decoded it in its native format with no hint of residual hash or grain in the analog output.

In my big system, the T 773 was surprisingly close to the performance of the Parasound Halo combo?amazing, given that, at $1799 retail, the T 773 is less than 25 percent of the cost of the Halo C 2 preamp-processor and A 51 power amp. The NAD had astounding dynamics, with a huge bass drive, seductive midrange, and transparent treble. I was shocked at the quality of sound the T 773 delivered with movies and music.

<http://ultimateavmag.com/images/archivesart/1104nad.3.jpg> Fans of 2-channel sound might enjoy experimenting with NAD's EARS feature, which generates an involving and natural-sounding 5.1-channel surround field from a stereo input. (I've gotten hooked on Parasound's version of this, which is called, quite naturally, Natural.) Unlike the ersatz ambience processing available on most home theater receivers (Church, Club, Stadium, etc.), I found NAD's EARS mode a listening enhancement, not a cheesy irritant.

There are also two Enhanced Stereo modes, in addition to seven standard surround modes. If you're feeling experimental, pressing the HRT 2 remote's Surround Mode button lets you step through all the available soundfield modes. I couldn't find any way to put the T 773 into mono?there's no mono function on either the front panel or the remote. Mono is a useful feature when playing noisy old recordings, but probably isn't of much value for most buyers of home theater receivers.

HTR 2 Remote Control
Special praise is due to whoever designed NAD's HTR 2 remote control, which comes with the T 773. It's, by a long stretch, the most logical, easy-to-use universal remote I've ever handled. All its primary functions?and there are many?are so clearly laid out that first-time users will feel familiar with it immediately. Just remember to press the Amp button in the upper left corner before you begin?pressing any other device selector brings up the operating program for that device and renders the HTR 2 mute as far as the T 773 is concerned.

Pressing any button on the HTR 2 illuminates all the buttons for a user-selectable period of two to nine seconds?long enough to execute any basic command in the dark. DVD and video-display navigation buttons are right where you need them to be, as are the volume up/down and channel up/down buttons. The HTR 2 is programmable for every piece of gear in your system, and it can be set up to execute macros so that one press of a button turns on your video display, dims your lights, and starts your DVD player, all in the proper order.

Conclusion
My quibbles with the T 773 are small: the lack of a mono function and the plethora of video inputs. I have yet to figure out why anyone needs six video inputs. I'd gladly sacrifice one of them for an extra set of 7.1-channel analog inputs, or a second component-video output. I can easily imagine using a single receiver to feed the component inputs on two different video displays?a plasma screen during the day for television, and a projector at night for movies. Being able to do so without having to plug and unplug cables would be a huge benefit.

In my book, the NAD T 773 scores high where it counts most?in sound and video quality, ease of installation and use, versatility, ruggedness, and implied reliability. Its no-nonsense visual design makes it among the least likely receivers to catch your eye on the sales floor, however. NAD makes some of its latest home theater gear in polished aluminum instead of its decades-old charcoal gray. The T 773 would look stunning turned out like that, but even in its current drab uniform, it's still an outrageous bargain that outperforms a lot of stuff at many times its price of $1799. With its upgradeable firmware, it should continue to do so for a long time to come. Performance, after all, is the name of the home theater game, and that's where the T 773 really shines. Highly recommended.

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #196 on: Jun 21, 2005 at 02:55 PM »
We are currently developing a data based of NAD user here in the Philippines.

Thus we would like to invite all members of PinoyDVD ho are currently using any product of NAD to participate. To join the following information must be fsent to us :

Name :
Address :
Contact Number :

Model :
How long did you own the product :
Please privately e-mail it to [email protected] . Those who will participate shall enjoy some benefits in the incoming months activity.....including such items like freebies.......so please join.

Online bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #197 on: Aug 11, 2005 at 08:47 AM »
Just sharing...

NAD Master Series

:)

Offline mafimushkila

• Apprentice
  • please to meet u, hope u get my name - cmpt4ddvl
  • Liked:
Re: NAD users database
« Reply #198 on: Aug 17, 2005 at 12:13 PM »
sir redkoji - email address again plz.... [email protected] was rejected by yahoo. So
i sent email to [email protected].... did u receive it?

also: is the NAD C352 the same as NAD C352CT ? Is it available in TITANIUM finish?
thanx.....
« Last Edit: Aug 17, 2005 at 09:35 PM by mafimushkila »

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
Re: NAD users database
« Reply #199 on: Aug 23, 2005 at 01:39 PM »
sir redkoji - email address again plz.... [email protected] was rejected by yahoo. So
i sent email to [email protected].... did u receive it?

also: is the NAD C352 the same as NAD C352CT ? Is it available in TITANIUM finish?
thanx.....

Thanks for the correction...the correct e-mail is [email protected]

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #200 on: Aug 23, 2005 at 01:47 PM »
On the NAD C352C and NAD C352CT issue

Currently the NAD available in the market is the NAD C352C or the ash gray color....To some it is know to be black.
The issue occur because when the NAD C352 was reviewed by a certain European Magazine....it only gain a fair performance.

The whe NAD launch the NAD C352CT edition later part of the year...the same magazine review the model and gave an excellent remarks.

As per NAD Technical Report...the current NAD C352C is the same platform as NAD C352CT. The only difference is the color finished. If there was changes made on NAD C352CT when it was launch...it was been adopted already by the original color.

On the released of Titanium Finished NAD....we shall be announcing such moved soon

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #201 on: Oct 06, 2005 at 02:03 PM »
The following retailers are the authorized dealers of NAD :

1. Architectural Audio - A/V Receivers and later on the MASTER Series
2. AVSurfer Galleria and Rockwell - Lifestyle series
3. Spectra - CD Players and Integrated Amp ( HIFi )
4. WATT HiFi - CD PLayers and Integrated Amp ( HiFi )
5. Sights & Sounds Shangrila - A/V Receivers

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #202 on: Oct 06, 2005 at 02:05 PM »
Now on display at Architectural Audio is the NAD T-753....togethere with Klipsch Reference Satellite

Offline jackryan

• Trade Count: (+130)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • http://www.reefphilippines.com http://uaaph.com
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #203 on: Oct 06, 2005 at 03:18 PM »
The following retailers are the authorized dealers of NAD :

1. Architectural Audio - A/V Receivers and later on the MASTER Series
2. AVSurfer Galleria and Rockwell - Lifestyle series
3. Spectra - CD Players and Integrated Amp ( HIFi )
4. WATT HiFi - CD PLayers and Integrated Amp ( HiFi )
5. Sights & Sounds Shangrila - A/V Receivers

Which ones of them can still service a busted Definitive Subwoofer which I bought less than a year ago ?

Thanks,
-jackryan 8)

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #204 on: Oct 06, 2005 at 03:54 PM »
Which ones of them can still service a busted Definitive Subwoofer which I bought less than a year ago ?

Thanks,
-jackryan 8)

For servicing of equipment...all must be be brought directly to Studio Systems office which is located at SOLID HOUSE Building, #2285 Pasong Tamo Ext., Makati City. katabi po siya ng FORD Showroom. Parking lot is sa harap po ng Union Bank.

Offline av_phile1

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #205 on: Oct 06, 2005 at 04:50 PM »
Wow, centralized aftersales. 
« Last Edit: Oct 06, 2005 at 04:51 PM by av_phile1 »

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #206 on: Oct 12, 2005 at 03:25 PM »
We discourage already having it brought to the dealers since minsan nagkakaroon ng miscommunication and delay sa pag pick-up ng unit.. There are also cases na pinadala sa dealer and during the delivery to us ay nagkaroon ng gasgas yun unit nyo po...pasensysa na po cause this kind of cases we are no longer liable.  Coordination also with the user is harder since we don't have any contact number of the owner.

Once you brought over your unit here, we shall issue a service report and shall also state all the physical remark we have seen on your unit. Moreover, no one can better explain the problem of your unit better than you who is using the said equipment

So for the end-user ng equipment  that we are marketing here in the Philippines, please briing them to

SOLID HOUSE Building
#2285 P. Tamo Ext.
Makati City

If your coming from magallanes, katabi po namin ang FORD showroom, right after kami ng RCBC bank. 2 blocks away from Nissan Showroom. Parking po is sa side ng Union bank. 
« Last Edit: Oct 12, 2005 at 06:31 PM by redkoji »

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #207 on: Oct 12, 2005 at 07:29 PM »
DVD ETC.
February 2005
Reviewer: Tim Tepas

"I must admit I received a great deal of satisfaction from the NAD T763 during my evaluation.."

In its February 2005 issue, Tim Tipas reviewing for DVD ETC. gave the T763 a great review and score. saying of the T763 AV receiver "“Hearing is Believing." We think reading is believing as well! Here are excerpts:

"NAD T763 A/V
Surround Sound Receiver
“Hearing is Believing”

The leaves have been raked, the garage cleaned up and the lawn mowed. I have finished all the things on my honey-do list, so now I can have some time to myself. After I finish the weekly chores around the house that my wife assigns, I like nothing better than to sit down, relax in front of my theater system and enjoy sonic bliss. Of course, almost anything would sound better than a high decibel lawn mower or orbital car polisher, however, I don’t like to settle for merely adequate. I much prefer a powerful, quality receiver playing my favorite tracks through an excellent set of speakers.

This particular autumn day a NAD T763 surround sound receiver was the perfect therapy for my weary bones. The T763 represents the middle ground of performance receivers by NAD. It is a descendant of generations of award-winning electronic components, from a company that would rather be known in serious audiophile circles than by a group of teenagers gathered at a mega-electronics store. Finding an authorized NAD dealer may be harder than driving down to your local Appliances-R-Us, but the rewards of enjoying one of their performance-oriented receivers, such as the T763, is well worth the effort.

Unique Features
NAD has earned a reputation for producing power amplifiers that deliver the power they promise with minimal noise distortion. By using NAD’s PowerDrive amplifier technology, power adjustments are made automatically to meet the needs of each loudspeaker. The benefit to the PowerDrive system is an even power distribution for dynamic performance with little distortion even at high volume levels. And speaking of volume levels, the T763 asserts an ample 100 continuous watts per channel into six channels driven simultaneously. Even large rooms benefit from the considerable power the T763 demonstrates.

A review of the NAD T763 wouldn’t be complete without including one of the most highly regarded music surround modes available, the EARS circuit. Developed by NAD, the EARS (Enhanced Ambient Recovery System) circuit is a digital signal processor designed to create an artificial listening environment. Unlike many other DSP systems, the EARS circuit uses proprietary NAD surround processing to reproduce a two-channel recording with a natural ambient acoustic sound without resorting to artificially generated reflections or regenerations. This subtle but effective surround mode enhances the spatial presence of a recording for a tremendously enjoyable experience. Digitally speaking, the T763 combines this high-speed DSP engine with a 24-bit 96kHz-sampling-capable D/A converter for all channels.

Beyond processing and amplifying a sound source, this receiver has the flexibility to act as a command center for a variety of home theater needs. The receiver offers video switching for all the popular video formats such as component, composite and S-Video, and digital audio inputs and outputs as well. To accommodate a separate listening experience, NAD has added a convenient second zone to the speaker outputs for a second pair of speakers to be added to the front channel amplifiers. Playing music in a separate room, by the poolside or in the garage is as simple as running the speaker wires and using the included separate second zone remote control.

Because technology advances so rapidly, most new electronics are left behind almost as fast as they hit store shelves. With the T763, NAD wanted to create a flexible system that could be improved as new technology emerged. This “future- proof” design is possible by upgrading the T763 operating software through a RS-232 data port. In addition to upgrades, the Windowscompatible NAD software can interface with a personal computer for connection to highly advanced automated control systems. Complete remote control functionality of the T763 from a remote location is available with an optional accessory available from NAD audio specialists. This forward thinking flexibility adds value to an already valuable piece of equipment.

Installation/Setup/Ease of Use Like other NAD products I’ve had the pleasure of reviewing, the T763 has a beautiful simplicity about it. The unit is attractive and well built without a multitude of LEDs, buttons or switches to clutter up the front panel. The few buttons that are located on the front panel each serve a distinct purpose and are clearly marked. An oval display window in the center of the receiver gives the user solid feedback of the controls with its unambiguous white readout. To select a video input and its assigned audio and digital inputs, a single video button is used. For audio selections, an audio button is provided to step through audio sources. These two buttons do the work of separate buttons for each input such as a DVD, CD, satellite, VCR, etc. This simplicity bridges the gap between form and function because the controls are easy to operate, logical and straightforward. Additionally, each input can be renamed and the video, analog and digital inputs are assignable or can even be selected as “off”.

When setting up the T763, it is recommended to connect the receiver to a monitor to take advantage of the On Screen Display (OSD). I was reminded of this after I wired an MB Quart Vera series speaker ensemble to the receiver and the powered subwoofer wasn’t playing. By connecting the unit to my display, I was able to configure the T763 speaker settings menu to turn on the subwoofer output. The OSD is a powerful tool capable of making changes to input settings, speaker settings, crossover points and listening modes. Although a sound pressure level metering system isn’t included, the channel balance can be adjusted with the OSD by using an inexpensive SPL meter (such as the Radio Shack #33-2050 meter) or simply by ear. By increasing or decreasing the decibel levels of each channel, adjusting the speaker distance and fine-tuning the delays, the T763 can be refined to fit the dimensions of most rooms for optimal imaging.

Once configured, system parameters can be< saved to one of five presets. After being saved and named into the non-volatile memory, the presets can be recalled to match a specific speaker setup. For example, you might name a preset “movie” that has a prominent center channel and increased sub output. A preset named “music” may have a lower crossover frequency and reduced sub level.

Final Take
Heat is always an issue with large, powerful receivers. My experience with NAD’s T752 was a prime example. Even properly ventilated, the older T752 ran hot. But the new T763, with its huge toroidal power transformer and brawny Class AB amplifier with multiple high current outputs, stays cool. NAD enhanced the uniquely designed heat sink with four precision fans that run at low speed to insure temperatures don’t melt nearby audio equipment. Lower ambient temperatures translate into lower distortion levels regardless of high speaker load levels or dynamic program material.

During my lengthy test period, I listened to a variety of music and movies over a period of several months. The receiver was first connected to the aforementioned MB Quart Vera speakers and later to the Image ensemble by PSB Speakers. Zone 2 was utilized for all-weather Infinity Outrigger and JBL Northridge speakers playing poolside. During the course of my evaluation, I always seemed amazed at how well the T763 delivered power to each speaker without crying “uncle”. No matter how demanding an action soundtrack was or how deep musical bass notes became, the receiver continued to drive the loudspeakers with more power in reserve. When listening at realistic sound levels, subtle nuances of surround sound material were apparent. While watching movies, the balance between effects and dialogue was evenly matched. Voices seemed clear while background noises and music stayed detailed and in proper soundstage. Musically speaking, the T763 not only exhibited the hard-hitting forceful lows I had come to expect, but softer details and subtleties in everything from woodwind instruments to female vocals. I believe this receiver would deliver adequate amplification in a large listening environment as well as providing a smooth sound at moderate listening levels.

I must admit I received a great deal of satisfaction from the NAD T763 during my evaluation. There are plenty of features and advanced technology that set NAD apart from other manufacturers. Abundant connections allow for future growth and the supplied backlit universal remote control is one of the better controllers available. Custom installation features such as the ability to operate a Zone 2 and the optional accessory for programming the T763 via personal computer are extraordinary. Power output should be fine for most applications and the DSP processing proved to be exceptional. —By Tim Tepas" Rating 96

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #208 on: Dec 08, 2005 at 04:03 PM »
Now get your new NAD A/V Receiver at 15% OFF  and 6 months 0% interest....call us direct for further details at
Tel # 893-8011....limited quantity only...

or check our folder at  AV Store under STUDIO SYSTEMS...

Offline redkoji

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #209 on: Dec 19, 2005 at 07:21 PM »
For those who are going to avail our SALE of NAD AV Receiver this week...there will be a surprise promo for walk-in cash buyers...