Author Topic: Pinoy Idol  (Read 32956 times)

Offline Klaus Weasley

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 512
Re: Philippine Idol
« Reply #240 on: Dec 10, 2006 at 11:28 PM »
Congratulations, Mau!!!!!

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #241 on: Dec 10, 2006 at 11:48 PM »
Woohoo!

I cannot believe the same country that voted Erap into the presidency actually got Idol right! From the start, I felt she was in a league of her own. The only one of the Top 24 I wouldn't be embarrassed to have representing our country in World Idol (although that's never gonna happen again).

I haven't been this happy with a reality show outcome since... probably... never;D
« Last Edit: Dec 10, 2006 at 11:51 PM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline GC

• Collector
  • sparc
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #242 on: Dec 11, 2006 at 08:58 AM »
Congratulations to MAU!
Pro Deo et Patria

Offline halvert

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • kiss me you fool!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 478
« Reply #243 on: Dec 11, 2006 at 04:23 PM »
WEll, it just goes to show that while Idol viewers are fewer(than say kapamilya and kapuso 'talent' shows) , they are intelligent voters! Congratulations!!! While her first 2 songs were underwhelming, that last one really silenced all opposition! She was the only one given a standing ovation! Take that, Pilita, Magalona(ABC, fire their asses!) and Mo, just admit your man-crush for Jan already!

Offline blitzkrieg

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • DVD Guru
  • Shut up!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #244 on: Dec 12, 2006 at 12:49 AM »
 ;D  Was at the Araneta ring side (courtesy of a friend who's a friend of Mr. C) for 2 nights and aaarggghhh, was in the company of Gian Fans..Anyway, my observation:

Araneta was not full. General patronage was practically empty especially in the 2nd night..

Fans of JAN were actually scary and intimidating in a sense they were really organized (costumes, pom-poms, etc.,  even in the cheering) and were practically everywhere and in large groups..They were even wilder in the 2nd night.

The stupid judge FRANCIS M. got booed by the audience (including me) for his senseless comments on Mau's BALOT number..What were the judges thinking anyway..

The third number really did it for Mau..Araneta was rumbling with cheers from everyone who gave a standing ovation (that included Jan and Gian Fans) and extended even during commercial break..

DJ MO TWISTER whose face and comments were shown on VTR, got booed..of course, for his prediction on Jan.

Post show tidbidts: The most sought for finalist for photograph posings was...MAU...She was actually mobbed on PI stage. The production staff were pleading people to go home but to no avail. Star talaga!

Overheard Ryan C. telling horror stories of MAU's diva behavior.

I was really resigned to seeing JAN strutting his stuff after being declared winner on the 2nd night so it came as a shock when Ryan A. announced MAU!! Jan and Gian fans were, should I say, TAMEME...

Everyone was ecstatic with a feeling that the public voted right!

The biggest fool of them all, however, is  Francis M. With his fearless forecast favoring Jan having been flushed like manure, he has lost entirely his credibility and with this, I hope NOT TO SEE HIM ANYMORE for the 2nd season of PI.

CONGRATS TO MAU!!

« Last Edit: Dec 12, 2006 at 12:58 AM by blitzkrieg »

Offline tonedeaf

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 69
« Reply #245 on: Dec 12, 2006 at 10:13 AM »
@blitzkrieg,

what sort of horror stories re MAU's diva behavior?

Offline oggsmoggs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • oggsmoggs.blogspot.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #246 on: Dec 12, 2006 at 11:17 AM »
I'm hoping she won't turn out to be someone like Ethel Booba, or whoever who becomes a favorite of tabloid columnists because of their media-catching behavior. That'll really cheapen Philippine Idol (no matter how talented).

I was rooting for Gian (his Gian should be pronounce "Jan" since its "Giancarlo," but that Atenean stole the pronunciation from him), because he's the overall package --- he sounds good, performs well, and has no airs whatsoever (I know since I performed with him during our Kundirana days). Mau's victory was bittersweet for me. She really deserves the title, I'm just hoping she takes Gary V.'s advice to Jan --- to be humble all the way, no matter how successful you've become.

I'm just glad the title didn't go to Nieto. I'm from Ateneo too (LSGH, then Ateneo, then UP, cough... balimbing), but all those equating Nieto's plight with Ateneo's pride is sickening and embarrassing.

Offline blitzkrieg

• DVD Guru
  • Shut up!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #247 on: Dec 12, 2006 at 11:27 PM »
@blitzkrieg,

what sort of horror stories re MAU's diva behavior?

Hehehe can't elaborate further coz he must have sensed I was listening (of course, he was just behind me) and covered his mouth and just mumbled things to that woman. But I guess the "diva" term would suffice. 

Nevertheless,  that did not stop me from continuously admiring and supporting the girl all the way to her victory. I admit that the DIVA title is what she's been projecting all along but in a positive way I guess coz  in spite of all that rumblings about her looks, she does perform like a diva and as I've said before, she had the audience (fans of Jan and Gian included) in the palm of her hand.  She did it several times in Megamall and she did it again in Araneta.   That's one magic Jan and Gian do not have.. ;D

Offline Quitacet

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 65
« Reply #248 on: Dec 13, 2006 at 10:50 AM »
Baka ibigay kay Jan ang title ng Philippine Idol dahil may kontrata daw si Mau sa VIVA after mag first runner up siya kay Sarah Geronimo sa isang Singing contest? Is this true? narinig ko sa radio kanina.

Offline Klaus Weasley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #249 on: Dec 13, 2006 at 12:44 PM »
Baka ibigay kay Jan ang title ng Philippine Idol dahil may kontrata daw si Mau sa VIVA after mag first runner up siya kay Sarah Geronimo sa isang Singing contest? Is this true? narinig ko sa radio kanina.

If that is true, the Idol management should've realized it and disqualified her before she reached the Top 12/24. Besides, I doubt the second place finisher is Jan.

Offline Brian_mico

• Trade Count: (+19)
  • DVD Addict
  • Dakilang mangbabakal at magbobote
  • Liked:
« Reply #250 on: Dec 13, 2006 at 03:13 PM »
If that is true, the Idol management should've realized it and disqualified her before she reached the Top 12/24. Besides, I doubt the second place finisher is Jan.

as far as I know.. si Mark Bautista ang 1st runner up ni  Sarah sa " Star of the  Night " singing contest..

Offline blitzkrieg

• DVD Guru
  • Shut up!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #251 on: Dec 14, 2006 at 12:43 AM »
If that is true, then shame on VIVA.  They have no right to ruin MAU's life now that she is on top of the world. I heard too that there still one more year left of that 5-year contract where VIVA was obligated to build up Mau's career. If there is a bigger violation  committed out of that contract, that belonged to no less than VIVA. 

If VIVA pushes with its ridiculous and opportunistic stand, then they are to face the wrath of the public who intensely supported this poor girl. Or better still, ngayon pa lang, BOYCOTT ANYTHING CONNECTED OR RELATED TO VIVA!! This should teach them a lesson.

:-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #252 on: Dec 14, 2006 at 06:06 AM »
If that's true, then Gian Magdangal should also be disqualified, since he released the album Gian with Industria: Lite and Live @ Tapika, also with Viva Records, just last year yata. How long is his contract valid?

I don't see Viva doing anything about it, since as blitzkreig pointed out, it's ultimately very bad publicity for them, considering they only brought the issue up after Mau had won the contest. If they had a problem with a contract overlap, then they should've spoken up months ago.
« Last Edit: Dec 14, 2006 at 06:22 AM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline halvert

• DVD Guru
  • kiss me you fool!
  • Liked:
« Reply #253 on: Dec 14, 2006 at 03:28 PM »
well, tha can only mean SIKAT na si mau! may intriga at chismis na!!!

Offline choy_zee

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #254 on: Jan 12, 2007 at 11:35 PM »
If that's true, then Gian Magdangal should also be disqualified, since he released the album Gian with Industria: Lite and Live @ Tapika, also with Viva Records, just last year yata. How long is his contract valid?

I don't see Viva doing anything about it, since as blitzkreig pointed out, it's ultimately very bad publicity for them, considering they only brought the issue up after Mau had won the contest. If they had a problem with a contract overlap, then they should've spoken up months ago.

As far as we know, Gian is already free from any recording/management contract when he auditioned in Philippine Idol.  :)

Offline choy_zee

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #255 on: Jan 12, 2007 at 11:36 PM »
To all GIANatics, please join his Official YG:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/philidol_gian/  :)

Updates:
1. Guys, please be informed that the Philippine Idol Top 12 Finalists will be having a concert at the Araneta Coliseum on February 9, at 8PM, entitled "Valentine's Final 12".

Let's all watch to support Gian!

2. Gian will be Lea Salonga's guest in her concert on Feb. 11 to be held at the PICC.

3. For SMART subscribers, Gian has a ringback tone (HIMALA) already. Just text RING ADD 105575 and send to 286.

4. Last but certainly not the least, Gian is already a regular artist of S.O.P.! I hope that you'll be able to watch him every Sunday on TV or even watch live in the studio.

Thanks and more updates to come, soon! Go, go, go GIANatics!!!  :)

Offline aligonzales

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #256 on: Feb 08, 2007 at 01:27 AM »

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #257 on: Mar 09, 2007 at 08:52 PM »
The Philippine Idol Top 12 will have their concert at the Araneta Coliseum on March 23.

I'm guesing it's probably very easy to get tickets.  ;D

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #258 on: Sep 16, 2007 at 10:41 PM »
Philippine Idol moves to GMA-7: http://showbizandstyle.inquirer.net/entertainment/entertainment/view_article.php?article_id=88835

True, the show was too big for ABC, and they had no idea what to do with their finalists/winners. But now GMA's going to treat it like a new show altogether and Mau won't even be acknowledged as the first winner, plus she probably won't get a chance to compete in the upcoming Asian Idol? That just sucks!

That's a PR nightmare for them, but do enough people care about Mau to complain?

Poor Mau.  :-[

On the bright side... at least now we're probably rid of Francis M. - the worst Idol judge of all time.

Pilita's also bottom 5.

But what a waste if we lose Ryan Cayabyab, as well. He gave the show credibility.

Offline Klaus Weasley

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #259 on: Sep 17, 2007 at 12:38 PM »
I hope they won't ignore Mau.

But I do hope they get rid of Francis M. He's like a lame guest judge on Idol.

Offline Quitacet

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 65
« Reply #260 on: Sep 17, 2007 at 01:12 PM »
Philippine Idol moves to GMA-7: http://showbizandstyle.inquirer.net/entertainment/entertainment/view_article.php?article_id=88835

True, the show was too big for ABC, and they had no idea what to do with their finalists/winners. But now GMA's going to treat it like a new show altogether and Mau won't even be acknowledged as the first winner, plus she probably won't get a chance to compete in the upcoming Asian Idol? That just sucks!

That's a PR nightmare for them, but do enough people care about Mau to complain?

Poor Mau.  :-[

On the bright side... at least now we're probably rid of Francis M. - the worst Idol judge of all time.

Pilita's also bottom 5.

But what a waste if we lose Ryan Cayabyab, as well. He gave the show credibility.

Francis M. will probably stay. He's at Eat Bulaga. di ba? = GMA7

Ryan C probably won't stay. He's more of a kapamilya, di ba? = ABS-CBN

Offline halvert

• DVD Guru
  • kiss me you fool!
  • Liked:
« Reply #261 on: Sep 17, 2007 at 05:08 PM »
From my sister: Sana gawing judge si wency cornejo instead of francis m.
Poor Mau. She signed up with ASAP but has been relegated to guest  singer along with Frenchie Dy. May album na sya..."Shine for you' ang carrier single
On another topic: Did anyone see Ryan C., Jelli Mateo and Jan Nieto on Knorr Sinigang's tv commercial? Ang taba ni Jelli! Nabuntis kaya ni Paw? ;D
« Last Edit: Sep 17, 2007 at 05:08 PM by halvert »

Offline thegoodbyeguy

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #262 on: Sep 19, 2007 at 01:08 AM »

Doing Philippine Idol in GMA-7 is way better than in ABC-5. However, napansin ko hindi rin naman talaga umaangat ang mga nagiging winners o kahit runners-up. Hindi mo na maalala ang mga nakaraang sumasali kasi basically they're all forgettable in general. I'm referring to the ones being held lately. Si Sarah Geronimo and her company lang yata ang may pangalan sa ngayon. O may pangalan na nga ba? I'm no viewer of this shows. Minamadali kasi ngayon ang pagsikat.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
« Reply #263 on: Nov 04, 2007 at 09:50 PM »
On the plus side, I just saw Mau on a GMA show, so maybe they will acknowledge her as the first winner of Philippine Idol after all.

On the minus side, Ryan Cayabyab has apparently left the franchise and is now the new headmaster of rival show Pinoy Dream Academy, so there goes the most only credible thing about Philippine Idol.

Offline blitzkrieg

• DVD Guru
  • Shut up!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #264 on: Nov 06, 2007 at 12:09 AM »
 ;D Ryan C. to me is overrated. Yeah he's a great musician and all that with wide exposure to pop music but I am sure GMA7 will find a replacement of same or even better caliber.

Praying that Pilita Corrales and gasp! Francis M. never resurface again, I am thinking of the following possible judges:

Lea Salonga (if she could get away from her Broadway chores)
Gerard Salonga (he's the next best thing after Ryan C.)
Basil Valdez (nuff said!)
Celeste Legaspi (according to my friend, she could be a straightforward snooty byatch!)
Willy Cruz (another master composer)
Sylvia LaTorre (yup and why not?)
DJ Mo (why not again? Apart from the gift of gab, he probably knows by now a radio-friendly voice)
Jai Sabas Aracama (she definitely has the ear for all those "pitchy" notes being a UP Concert Chorus Director)
Joel Navarro (former pop singer turned musical director of the Ateneo Glee Club)
Nanette Inventor
Ogie Alcasid (nuff said again)

« Last Edit: Nov 06, 2007 at 12:13 AM by blitzkrieg »

Offline oggsmoggs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • oggsmoggs.blogspot.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #265 on: Nov 06, 2007 at 01:29 AM »
I'm more worried about the host... It looks like Regine's a shoo-in, and that's really unfortunate. The host should be someone within the age range of the contestants, and would be able to relate and communicate with them (not someone who has had experience in the industry, baka magmarunong pa siya sa mga judges). Ryan Agoncillo is a good host, but since we're talking about GMA, Drew Arellano seems a better fit than Regine.

Offline halvert

• DVD Guru
  • kiss me you fool!
  • Liked:
« Reply #266 on: Nov 06, 2007 at 03:50 PM »
My choice for judges are Mo Twister, Wency Cornejo and Leah Navarro!(Off topic: Saw Leah on ANC some months ago and she's a great guest! Ang daming candid na kuwento!) But hey, Celeste Legaspi, why not if she agrees! But they'll probably get Louie Ocampo and Buboy Garovillo who were so lenient and diplomatic in Celebrity Duets. Paolo Bediones and Drew Arellano are good choices to host the show. Regine should just be a guest judge on Belting Divas night.
« Last Edit: Nov 06, 2007 at 07:30 PM by halvert »

Offline blitzkrieg

• DVD Guru
  • Shut up!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #267 on: Nov 06, 2007 at 04:32 PM »
I'm more worried about the host... It looks like Regine's a shoo-in, and that's really unfortunate. The host should be someone within the age range of the contestants, and would be able to relate and communicate with them (not someone who has had experience in the industry, baka magmarunong pa siya sa mga judges). Ryan Agoncillo is a good host, but since we're talking about GMA, Drew Arellano seems a better fit than Regine.

I'm not impressed with Ryan Agoncillo, he's bland and relies so much on idiot boards. Drew Arellano is fidgety, Paolo Bediones is too old..

Since he's a Kapuso, it's likely that Raymond Gutierrez might land the job. I saw him hosting Bb. Pilipinas and he was very impressive, very relaxed, has excellent communication skills, a certified fashionista and looks refreshing on screen, never mind rumors about his sexual orientation.

Offline oggsmoggs

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • oggsmoggs.blogspot.com
  • Liked:
« Reply #268 on: Nov 06, 2007 at 05:23 PM »
I'm not impressed with Ryan Agoncillo, he's bland and relies so much on idiot boards. Drew Arellano is fidgety, Paolo Bediones is too old..

Since he's a Kapuso, it's likely that Raymond Gutierrez might land the job. I saw him hosting Bb. Pilipinas and he was very impressive, very relaxed, has excellent communication skills, a certified fashionista and looks refreshing on screen, never mind rumors about his sexual orientation.

I don't want the host to be relaxed; part of Ryan Seacrest's charm is that he's up there being targeted by the judges too, and goes along with the joke (including sexual orientation ones). Have Raymond Gutierrez there, and when a joke like that gets thrown, we'll have one angry mama that weekend's showbiz talk shows. How about Mo' Twister as host?

Offline voj

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Ephesians 2:8-9
  • Liked:
« Reply #269 on: Nov 06, 2007 at 06:30 PM »
for a new fresh approach, Ariel and Maverick as hosts.  ;D

Nanette Inventor can be simon, paula and randy all in one.

Joey De Leon as the Simon Cowell. kaya lang parang over exposed na sya