Author Topic: Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid Ultimate Collector's Ed.  (Read 1764 times)

Offline seph1018

• Trade Count: (+104)
  • DVD Guru
  • You are not your DVD/BD collection!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
from dvdactive:
Fox Home Entertainment has announced a collector's edition of Butch Cassidy & The Sundance Kid which stars Robert Redford and Paul Newman. This new two-disc set will carry a 2.35:1 anamorphic widescreen transfer, along with both English Stereo and Mono tracks. Extras will include a commentary by George Roy Hill, Lyricist Hal David, Associate Producer Robert Crawford and Cinematographer Conrad Hall, a second audio commentary by Screenwriter William Goldman, a 2005 All of What Follows is True documentary, and The Wild Bunch: The True Tale of Butch & Sundance. Completing the package will be a Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid: Outlaws Out of Time feature, a 1994 making of documentary, 1994 interviews, production notes, an alternate credit roll, and multiple trailers.

cover art:
... if this is your first night at Fight Club, you have to fight.

Offline classicman

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Butch Cassidy & the Sundance Kid Ultimate Collector's Ed.
« Reply #1 on: Mar 16, 2006 at 06:06 PM »
although this is one of my all time favorite movies, i think i will have to pass on this release since am pretty much satisfied already w/ my r1 SE copy, unless....... ;D 8)

Offline uebetan12

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Mar 17, 2006 at 03:53 AM »
just like you classicman, this is one of my all time favorites. i even gave a 10 vote for this movie on imdb.com but i am also satisfied with my collector's edition unless someone tempts me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline ThePatriot

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Mar 17, 2006 at 10:02 PM »
although this is one of my all time favorite movies, i think i will have to pass on this release since am pretty much satisfied already w/ my r1 SE copy, unless....... ;D 8)

brod musta na? :) another re-release, another bili na naman tayo nito panigurado... ;D ;D ;D

Offline talisman30

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Guru
  • Experience Results
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Mar 18, 2006 at 12:25 PM »
considering that most reviews, comments from the members, and from pareng keating... might consider getting a copy of this release and it looks pretty good too. galing ba sundance film fest ni redford sa title ng movie na ito?
subscribe us at our pre-launch: www.streakdeals.com.ph
like us on facebook: streakdeals.com.ph

Offline uebetan12

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Mar 19, 2006 at 09:22 AM »
talisman30.i............t's the other way around, the sundance film festival was named after robert redford's role in this classic movie, named in the american film institute as one of the 100 greatest american movies of all time

Offline art00

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Mar 19, 2006 at 09:45 AM »
considering that most reviews, comments from the members, and from pareng keating... might consider getting a copy of this release and it looks pretty good too. galing ba sundance film fest ni redford sa title ng movie na ito?

uebetan12 is right, the Sundance Kid is a real person in American History.  His real name is Harry Longabaugh and his biography could be found here: http://americanhistory.about.com/library/weekly/aa061602a.htm

An excerpt:
Harry A. Longabaugh made a huge mistake: he got caught stealing a horse in Sundance, Wyoming and was thrown in jail. He might have lost his innocence, but he gained a name and a place in history. He became known as 'The Sundance Kid'.

Born in 1867 in Pennsylvania, Longabaugh was not long in making his way West. In fact, he was only 15 when he began his journey on a covered wagon with his cousin George. By 1887, however, things were not going so well for him. He stole a horse, gun, and saddle from a ranch in Sundance, Wyoming and fled. However, he was captured and sentenced to 18 months in jail.

After his release, he went back to working as a ranchhand. Unfortunately, the life of an honest cowboy did not suit him. He was implicated in 1892 in a train robbery, and again in 1897 in a bank robbery along with five other men. Sundance became associated with a group known as the 'Wild Bunch' which included his famous partner Robert Leroy Parker, a.k.a. Butch Cassidy. By 1900, they held up the Winnemucca National Bank in Nevada and then headed for South America with their proceeds, all the while being pursued by Pinkertons.

art00

Offline uebetan12

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Mar 19, 2006 at 10:37 AM »
nice research art00..........

youre also a trivia geek!!!!!

i'm a professional quizzer and i regularly compete in quiz competitions on tv and have won several national and on tv,my being a lawyer has become a drawback though, because they don't want me to compete again or allowed to participate in the current gamekanaba?

harry longabaugh was the real name of sundance and this is my favorite film of all time, next only to the graduate {1967}  of dustin hoffman...

and this movie was almost or most of the scenes were true and real events of the famous duo

Offline art00

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Mar 20, 2006 at 07:51 AM »
Hehe... I'm not too sure about being a "geek" but I do like trivia... speaking of which:
The love theme from Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969) was the Burt Bacharach-Hal David song (performed by BJ Thomas): "Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head" which won the Best Song Oscar in 1970.   The same song was used in the soundtracks of 2 other popular films:
1] Forrest Gump (1995)
2] Spiderman 2 (2004)

art00

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Mar 20, 2006 at 02:59 PM »
nice trivia. keep 'em coming art!

8)

Offline keating

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Mar 20, 2006 at 05:19 PM »

Grab Kurosawa's RAN first....... ;)
« Last Edit: Mar 20, 2006 at 05:19 PM by keating »

Offline talisman30

• DVD Guru
  • Experience Results
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Mar 20, 2006 at 05:38 PM »
talisman30.i............t's the other way around, the sundance film festival was named after robert redford's role in this classic movie, named in the american film institute as one of the 100 greatest american movies of all time

thanks sir!

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Mar 21, 2006 at 07:08 PM »
brod musta na? :) another re-release, another bili na naman tayo nito panigurado... ;D ;D ;D

ok lang ako brod alvin, ikaw musta ka na, are you based here for good na ba :D......am not sure yet if i'l get this re-release maliban lang if i can dispose my r1 SE copy 8)

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Mar 21, 2006 at 07:51 PM »
Hehe... I'm not too sure about being a "geek" but I do like trivia... speaking of which:
The love theme from Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969) was the Burt Bacharach-Hal David song (performed by BJ Thomas): "Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head" which won the Best Song Oscar in 1970.   The same song was used in the soundtracks of 2 other popular films:
1] Forrest Gump (1995)
2] Spiderman 2 (2004)

art00

nice trivia, bai art00....... 8)

Offline talisman30

• DVD Guru
  • Experience Results
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Mar 31, 2006 at 01:10 AM »
Made my reservation na sa amazon.  ;) cant wait for my copy...

Offline talisman30

• DVD Guru
  • Experience Results
  • Liked:
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2006 at 07:12 AM »
Ganda ng artwork ng R1 but guys check this out:

http://www.dvdactive.com/news/releases/butch-cassidy-and-the-sundance-kid2.html

but it doesnt say there na Ultimate Edition or CE, etc. i wonder why? may ibang release naman after this? it looks like that it's in a tin case.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006 at 07:21 AM by talisman30 »

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2006 at 09:29 AM »
it's a steelbook. R2 release under cinema reserve banner yan sir. i got lifeboat so far..

8)

Offline talisman30

• DVD Guru
  • Experience Results
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2006 at 04:07 PM »
it's a steelbook. R2 release under cinema reserve banner yan sir. i got lifeboat so far..

8)

lifeboat's hitchcock right? another good catch sir! siguro galing din ang look for this release coz the steelbook's surface seems to look like carbon fiber material (like the ones they use in mountain bikes).  ;)