Author Topic: Optoma H27  (Read 1283 times)

Offline FlyMe

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Optoma H27
« on: May 23, 2006 at 03:51 PM »
Anyone has this projector? Need feedbacks.

Offline Dracula

• DVD Addict
  • There is a choice...death or immortality....
  • Liked:
Re: Optoma H27
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006 at 05:45 PM »
ako din I need feedback on this one trying to schedule an audition with the supplier pero wala pa daw stocks

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006 at 06:20 PM »
PQ is quite good with this entry level dlp pj.  Scored a 94 in Home Theater mag.  One thing that could set you back is that its not HD ready...native 480p.

Offline Dracula

• DVD Addict
  • There is a choice...death or immortality....
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006 at 07:07 PM »
And no HDMI...but that can easily be fixed by an adaptor...need to check if you are susceptible to the rainbow effect as well ;)...I tried auditioning a Infocus DLP projector didn't notice the rainbow effect so I'm considering this one along with the similarly priced Espon TW20

Offline moks

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #4 on: Jun 20, 2006 at 10:12 AM »
guys,

i need suggestions...i'm about to purchase a budget pj for my home theater room. i'm just choosing between an optoma h27 and epson tw20, which is better of the two? some say's optoma is better because it's a dlp, i have auditioned the epson tw20 already and it has a screen door effect which is true to low res lcd projectors. does anybody here have experiences bet. the two of these? thanks.

Offline Oloap

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 13
« Reply #5 on: Jun 20, 2006 at 11:28 AM »
guys,

i need suggestions...i'm about to purchase a budget pj for my home theater room. i'm just choosing between an optoma h27 and epson tw20, which is better of the two? some say's optoma is better because it's a dlp, i have auditioned the epson tw20 already and it has a screen door effect which is true to low res lcd projectors. does anybody here have experiences bet. the two of these? thanks.

moks, how much is the h27 and tw20? and who are the dealers here? interested on this machine too.

Offline FlyMe

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Jun 20, 2006 at 01:34 PM »
H27's Brightness, color and specially the contrass is great.  Big improvement  compared to my old InFocus  LP240 (may it's really  designed for  presentation use).

I'm now using the component inputs.

Need further advice:

1. Will the picture improve further if I use the dvi (hdmi) input? 
    (DVD players's w/ HDMI are starting to become available at a very reasonable price)

2. The projector is 480p native. Does it mean that if I feed 780p or higher signal, the picture quality will be the same  as feeding it with 480p.

Thanks guys!

Offline moks

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #7 on: Jun 20, 2006 at 02:09 PM »
moks, how much is the h27 and tw20? and who are the dealers here? interested on this machine too.

You can try calling up microdata, they are the distributors of optoma. i think the contact number is 8977777. For the Epson TW20, the distributor is All Visual & Lighting Systems. You can call 7501429 and look for Mr. Dan Gomez. Tell him that Mark Sy of ASTI referred you.

Offline audibleillusions

• Collector
  • Hi-fi, HT,Professional Audio and Video Store
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Jun 22, 2006 at 12:43 PM »
AUDIBLE ILLUSIONS AUDIBLE ILLUSIONS AUDIBLE ILLUSIONS AUDIBLE ILLUSIONS AUDIBLE ILLUSIONS AUDIBLE ILLUSIONS AUDIBLE ILLUSIONS AUDIBLE ILLUSIONS

sir try to compare at panasonic pt-ae900

ang layo nito on side by side

Offline FlyMe

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Jun 30, 2006 at 08:11 PM »
AUDIBLE ILLUSIONS AUDIBLE ILLUSIONS AUDIBLE ILLUSIONS AUDIBLE ILLUSIONS AUDIBLE ILLUSIONS AUDIBLE ILLUSIONS AUDIBLE ILLUSIONS AUDIBLE ILLUSIONS

sir try to compare at panasonic pt-ae900

ang layo nito on side by side

You have unit available for home audition?

Offline levi

• Konsehal
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Sevilla and Sons Sausages
  • Liked:
« Reply #10 on: Jul 03, 2006 at 10:54 PM »
I told Epoy of AA regarding your interest with Optoma projectors. Just give him a call and he can explain further.

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Jul 17, 2006 at 12:29 PM »
H27's Brightness, color and specially the contrass is great.  Big improvement  compared to my old InFocus  LP240 (may it's really  designed for  presentation use).

2. The projector is 480p native. Does it mean that if I feed 780p or higher signal, the picture quality will be the same  as feeding it with 480p.

Thanks guys!
after consulting an installer, feeding the H27 with a higher signal like 720p or 1080i etc, will simply downscale the signal and still output it at 480p (native resolution is the maximum number of pixels available).  scaling/conversion will all depend on the quality of the scaler used.  hope this helps... :) :) 
« Last Edit: Jul 17, 2006 at 12:30 PM by Munskie »