Author Topic: ONKYO AVR  (Read 537579 times)

Offline 6sigma

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • Collector
  • "Certified Six Sigma Practitioner"
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Onkyo 607 Calibration dilemma
« Reply #1320 on: Mar 02, 2010 at 03:00 AM »
Hi Guys!
I need your expertise on calibrating my 607.
My Setup: ts-xr607, Polk Audio TSi200(Bi-Amp),TSi100,CS10,PSW110

My current settings(By Audessy+min adjustments)
Speaker Config : Sub = Yes, Front = 40hz, Center = 40hz, Surround = 40hz, LPF = 80hz
Speaker Distance (ft): Sub = 10, L/R = 9, Center = 9, Surround L/R= 4
Level Calibration : Sub = -15db, L/R = -6db, Center = -8db, Surround L/R= -8db

Is there something wrong with my settings?
The bass doesn't work when playing audio cd using Pure Direct and other presets.
When watching  movies , i need to crank the volume to 45 to get descent bass..

Thanks!

I have an Onkyo HTR550 my level calibration is at 0db. I did not use the Audyssey settings and tweaked myself to what I want. No sub as John E. knows my problem. But I have decent enough bass considering I am only using Yam HTIB NSP100 speakers.. I know because last night. My neighbor knocked on my door in our apartment at 10p.m. she said' KOYA di kami makatolog" :)

Offline John E.

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • God is good all the time!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 25
« Reply #1321 on: Mar 02, 2010 at 03:22 AM »
I have an Onkyo HTR550 my level calibration is at 0db. I did not use the Audyssey settings and tweaked myself to what I want. No sub as John E. knows my problem. But I have decent enough bass considering I am only using Yam HTIB NSP100 speakers.. I know because last night. My neighbor knocked on my door in our apartment at 10p.m. she said' KOYA di kami makatolog" :)

:D
You'll Always Go Back To This Hobby!

Offline ennzo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
Re: ONKYO AVR
« Reply #1322 on: Mar 02, 2010 at 03:45 AM »
yes you can use banana plugs to terminate the speaker ends of your speakers as long as it will fit the terminals of your amp and speakers properly.  ;)

Mr.John E thank you for the reply..however i want know is there a different size for banana plugs or this is standard size...I want to make sure first because im ordering from ebay...so i dont want to waste money with some purchases that i cannot use at all..hehehehehe thanks...

anyone using onkyo tx-sr507 which uses banana plugs on both ends? speaker>>>amplifier?

btw im buying the nakamichi banana plugs any suggestions?

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #1323 on: Mar 02, 2010 at 03:50 AM »
Hi Guys!
I need your expertise on calibrating my 607.
My Setup: ts-xr607, Polk Audio TSi200(Bi-Amp),TSi100,CS10,PSW110

My current settings(By Audessy+min adjustments)
Speaker Config : Sub = Yes, Front = 40hz, Center = 40hz, Surround = 40hz, LPF = 80hz
Speaker Distance (ft): Sub = 10, L/R = 9, Center = 9, Surround L/R= 4
Level Calibration : Sub = -15db, L/R = -6db, Center = -8db, Surround L/R= -8db

try changing the crossover to 80 hz for the front, center and surround and LPF to 120hz
maintain the speaker distance as this is usually accurate after audyssey
for the level calibration, i chose zero for all
Is there something wrong with my settings?
The bass doesn't work when playing audio cd using Pure Direct and other presets.
When watching  movies , i need to crank the volume to 45 to get descent bass..

pure audio sound mode and direct sound mode eliminates digital circuitry and dispsnes all sound through your front speaekr only, these setting provides sound according to how the music was recorded thus no enhancement produced, whne choosing this sound mode, you should change yuor sub setting to NO reminder though that this setting is only good for music listening that dont require heavy bass, if you want the bass, it should be either stereo and all channel stereo, then set the sub to YES againThanks!

SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #1324 on: Mar 02, 2010 at 03:55 AM »
Mr.John E thank you for the reply..however i want know is there a different size for banana plugs or this is standard size...I want to make sure first because im ordering from ebay...so i dont want to waste money with some purchases that i cannot use at all..hehehehehe thanks...

anyone using onkyo tx-sr507 which uses banana plugs on both ends? speaker>>>amplifier?

i believe banana plugs are of standard size. im also using nakamichi banana plugs

banana plugs on both ends is the most ideal as this is easy to manage especially if your into moving your speakers a lot although some audiophile folks prefer bare wires. im using banana plugs on both ends too.
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline John E.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1325 on: Mar 02, 2010 at 04:22 AM »

i believe banana plugs are of standard size. im also using nakamichi banana plugs

banana plugs on both ends is the most ideal as this is easy to manage especially if your into moving your speakers a lot although some audiophile folks prefer bare wires. im using banana plugs on both ends too.

i have had several banana plugs like monster, monster dual, monoprice and self locking ones.

my experience with the dual is there are some speakers na mas malaki ang gap ng binding post terminals such as the monitor audios making the dual plugs unfit.

monoprice singles fits the speaker terminals well but masyado manipis for the speaker terminals of onkyo.

best if you get those self locking banana plugs.  ;)
« Last Edit: Mar 02, 2010 at 05:16 AM by JohnE. »

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #1326 on: Mar 02, 2010 at 04:32 AM »
i think the pure direct will only make use of your 2 ch. speakers. left and right speakers only.

try to crank-up the bass and treble adjustment.

+1 to brader john.

audyssey tends to lower down bass after calibration. your setting -15db. try to crank it up to suit your taste.

Offline 6sigma

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1327 on: Mar 02, 2010 at 04:51 AM »
:D

The beauty of Onkyo when tweaked right.. Great bang for the buck.. hehehe..  8)

Looking forward to getting the Velos being offered here by a fellow member..So that we can go" boom boom boom lets go back to my room"   8)konting tiis pa..

Offline devin

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #1328 on: Mar 02, 2010 at 09:31 AM »

Offline John E.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1329 on: Mar 02, 2010 at 09:57 AM »

dapat dito ipost na sa gallery  ;)

congrats again and nice set-up!

Offline 6sigma

• Collector
  • Liked:
Re:audyssey mic.. sinong meron...
« Reply #1330 on: Mar 02, 2010 at 05:06 PM »
sir waxx, can you check if its compatible with an 807/rc180, i can lend you mine, im in makati tomrrow till perhaps 6pm and quezon city on friday ;) ;)09178830777 here tirso dela cruz

Sir saw this previous post I was wondering if you are ok to lend your Audyssey mic when I get my 7.1 setup up or can I already use this now with my 5.1 setup with my Onkyo HRT550?

« Last Edit: Mar 02, 2010 at 05:08 PM by 6sigma »

Offline 6sigma

• Collector
  • Liked:
Re: Plugging an MP3 player to the Onkyo AVR
« Reply #1331 on: Mar 02, 2010 at 05:11 PM »
I was trying to plug in my wife's SANDISK MP3 player using a 3.5male plug to 3.5 male plug going into a 3.5 female to dual RCA male to the AUX on the front panel of my HRT550.

I pressed AUX and no sound came out.

Instead what we did was plug the MP3 player using its usb to the DVD player. Now it's playing but low bass or no sub is what I think is happening.

Any ideas on how I can use the AUX or other inputs?

Thanks Gurus for your inputs

Offline zerukul

• Trade Count: (+57)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1332 on: Mar 02, 2010 at 05:26 PM »
dapat dito ipost na sa gallery  ;)

congrats again and nice set-up!

i agree, dpat nsa gallery na ito para masimulan na ang.. hehehe  ;D ;D ;D

Offline John E.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1333 on: Mar 03, 2010 at 02:01 AM »
i agree, dpat nsa gallery na ito para masimulan na ang.. hehehe  ;D ;D ;D

ang nakikita ko eh subs ang kulam dyan!  ;)

Offline SETSUT

• Collector
  • Time spacewarp....Ngayon din!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1334 on: Mar 03, 2010 at 09:23 PM »
@ wacksy1021 Kumusta po ang performance ng Onkyo 307 nyo? Diba kayo bitin sa power nya? Im also eyeing on that receiver. Thanks. :)
LG32LH35
HDX1000
Pioneer DV-220KV
Wharfedale 9.6, 9CM, 9.1
Mirage Omni S10
Onkyo TX-SR508
Xbox 360

Offline wacksy1021

• Trade Count: (+125)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #1335 on: Mar 03, 2010 at 11:49 PM »
@ wacksy1021 Kumusta po ang performance ng Onkyo 307 nyo? Diba kayo bitin sa power nya? Im also eyeing on that receiver. Thanks. :)
ok naman siya pare di kasi ako maka pag comment coz I'm still missing sub and rears pero dun palang sa speakers ko now lakas n ng tunog specially for bd playback. But I have a friend who is offering a yamaha 465 to me at a reasonable price by 3rd week of march. If I get that then I maybe releasing this 2 week old reciever of mine in the market. If you maybe interested I will keep you posted if it pushes through.                                                                                                   

Offline SETSUT

• Collector
  • Time spacewarp....Ngayon din!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1336 on: Mar 04, 2010 at 03:26 AM »
ok naman siya pare di kasi ako maka pag comment coz I'm still missing sub and rears pero dun palang sa speakers ko now lakas n ng tunog specially for bd playback. But I have a friend who is offering a yamaha 465 to me at a reasonable price by 3rd week of march. If I get that then I maybe releasing this 2 week old reciever of mine in the market. If you maybe interested I will keep you posted if it pushes through.                                                                                                   

Ganun po ba? Sayang nasa Vietnam kasi ako ngaun sa pag-uwi ko pa ako bibili bka June pa yun. Research-research muna ako ngayon. Ganyan po ba ang tinatawag nilang SARS?  ;D ;D ;D
LG32LH35
HDX1000
Pioneer DV-220KV
Wharfedale 9.6, 9CM, 9.1
Mirage Omni S10
Onkyo TX-SR508
Xbox 360

Offline John E.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1337 on: Mar 04, 2010 at 07:48 AM »

aba ang bilis! upgrade agad ah! ;) get a sub para makumpleto yung .1  ;) iba talaga ang HT experience pag may sub! ;)

Offline wacksy1021

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1338 on: Mar 04, 2010 at 07:49 AM »
di naman pare, I am happy na with my set up. The offer for the Yamaha 465 was just attractive as it is also almost brand new and the price is reasonable. Thus it got me thinking hehe.

Offline John E.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1339 on: Mar 04, 2010 at 07:51 AM »
di naman pare, I am happy na with my set up. The offer for the Yamaha 465 was just attractive as it is also almost brand new and the price is reasonable. Thus it got me thinking hehe.

aba good deal yan kung ganun!  ;) kaya pala di ka pa nag popost sa gallery ng set-up!

sabi nga ni onkyo 666 "wag na patumpik tumpik pa!" este onkyo 606 pala  :) vanat!
« Last Edit: Mar 04, 2010 at 07:52 AM by JohnE. »

Offline wacksy1021

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1340 on: Mar 04, 2010 at 07:53 AM »
Yup that's what I plan to get next pare. Thanks sa recommendation John E. Maganda lang kasi yung offer dun sa Yammy kaya it got me thinking sayang kasi bago din siya. Pero mas bago nga yung sa akin hehe kasi last Friday ko lang binili ito sa SnS hehe.

Offline John E.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1341 on: Mar 04, 2010 at 07:55 AM »
Yup that's what I plan to get next pare. Thanks sa recommendation John E. Maganda lang kasi yung offer dun sa Yammy kaya it got me thinking sayang kasi bago din siya. Pero mas bago nga yung sa akin hehe kasi last Friday ko lang binili ito sa SnS hehe.

:D fresh out of the box!  ;) congrats and goodluck sir!

Offline wacksy1021

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1342 on: Mar 04, 2010 at 07:58 AM »
aba good deal yan kung ganun!  ;) kaya pala di ka pa nag popost sa gallery ng set-up!

sabi nga ni onkyo 666 "wag na patumpik tumpik pa!" este onkyo 606 pala  :) vanat!

oo nga eh kaya lng sa 3rd week of March pa darating yung niregalo sa kanya na bagong Onkyo 807 n reciever kaya by that time ko pa makukuha yung yammy. Syempre dun ko na rin i post yung Onkyo ko hehe.

SARS din ito, ibang kulay at klase nga lang, ibang strain hehe...

Offline John E.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1343 on: Mar 04, 2010 at 08:01 AM »
oo nga eh kaya lng sa 3rd week of March pa darating yung niregalo sa kanya na bagong Onkyo 807 n reciever kaya by that time ko pa makukuha yung yammy. Syempre dun ko na rin i post yung Onkyo ko hehe.

SARS din ito, ibang kulay at klase nga lang, ibang strain hehe...

wow! that's a big jump! SARS free onkyo 807! ;D ang laki nyan compared sa 465! swerte ng friend mo ha ;) member din ba dito?
« Last Edit: Mar 04, 2010 at 08:01 AM by JohnE. »

Offline wacksy1021

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1344 on: Mar 04, 2010 at 08:07 AM »
Oo nga eh padala ng kapatid niya. Surprise b-day gift kaya di din niya alam at nakabili pa siya ng Yammy less than a month ago. We'll I guess his luck is also my luck hehe. Hindi siya member unfortunately dito tried convincing him kasi sabi ko masaya but he declined mas gusto daw niya na at peace lang siya with his system hehe...

Offline audiojunkie

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • >>|<< OB - Dipole Rules >>|<<
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #1345 on: Mar 04, 2010 at 08:10 AM »
wow! that's a big jump! SARS free onkyo 807! ;D ang laki nyan compared sa 465! swerte ng friend mo ha ;) member din ba dito?

good morning mga braders!... pamember na rin para masaya! ang kulaman...    ;D  ;D  ;D
Anthem CD1
Anthem Pre1
Audio Linear TT
Ortofon Rondo Red
Theta Dac
GTA SE-40 Amp
JBL L7
AudioQuest

Offline John E.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1346 on: Mar 04, 2010 at 08:16 AM »
good morning mga braders!... pamember na rin para masaya! ang kulaman...    ;D  ;D  ;D

+1!  ;) naka 807 na kulamin ng speakers! yung studio version ng digms ;)

Offline John E.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1347 on: Mar 04, 2010 at 08:17 AM »
Oo nga eh padala ng kapatid niya. Surprise b-day gift kaya di din niya alam at nakabili pa siya ng Yammy less than a month ago. We'll I guess his luck is also my luck hehe. Hindi siya member unfortunately dito tried convincing him kasi sabi ko masaya but he declined mas gusto daw niya na at peace lang siya with his system hehe...

napaka bait na kapatid naman nyan! parang sina tirso at onjing!

nasaan na kaya si tirso?

malamang nag hahanap pa rin ng center!

Offline audiojunkie

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • >>|<< OB - Dipole Rules >>|<<
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #1348 on: Mar 04, 2010 at 08:23 AM »
+1!  ;) naka 807 na kulamin ng speakers! yung studio version ng digms ;)

ganda nyan brader John...  ::)  ::)  ::) a friend of mine got v3 pero pag-iisipan pa raw kung kelan aayawan.. at isa kilangan din ng wifey's approval...  8)  ;D

meron din sana ditong refurbed na 875 20K lang.... haaaay  :(   :(  :(  

Anthem CD1
Anthem Pre1
Audio Linear TT
Ortofon Rondo Red
Theta Dac
GTA SE-40 Amp
JBL L7
AudioQuest

Offline John E.

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1349 on: Mar 04, 2010 at 08:24 AM »
ganda nyan brader John...  ::)  ::)  ::) a friend of mine got v3 pero pag-iisipan pa raw kung kelan aayawan.. at isa kilangan din ng wifey's approval...  8)  ;D

meron din sana ditong refurbed na 875 20K lang.... haaaay  :(   :(  :(  

ayus hehehe! member din ba dito yung frewnd mo :D