Author Topic: ONKYO AVR  (Read 537604 times)

Offline darkn1ght

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: ONKYO AVR
« Reply #2640 on: Feb 14, 2012 at 04:49 AM »
i strongly suggest not to use any chemicals as it might damage the finish in the long run.
best to use a dry "pranela" and thats it.

My only concern is that I only have one 750w transformer that I'll use for the receiver and the xbox. Kaya naman dapat nung transformer na pareho naka on tapos wala naman ginagawa.

You can try and use an extension cord with individual switches:

Works for me! Connect this to the AVR and turn on only the devices that you need to use.
42x30 | PCH-210 | TX-NR609 | Titan v6 | cc290 v6 | Atom v6 | PB12-NSD | XBOX360 Kinect |

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• Trade Count: (+120)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Provides ALL your BASS needs...NOTHING comes close
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 119
« Reply #2641 on: Feb 14, 2012 at 06:03 AM »
Onkyo Redefines “Entry Level” with 4 Heavy-Hitting AVRs for 2012

http://www.onkyousa.com/press_releases.cfm?id=249

Offline suavegabe

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2642 on: Feb 14, 2012 at 04:16 PM »
solved my xbox-onkyo dilemma: i just repositioned the power brick of the xbox away from the speaker wires and it's now working properly. i'm not an electrical expert but my theory is that maybe some of my speaker wires may not be properly shielded or maybe a part of the shielding got stripped off somewhere and the current coming from the xbox power brick is interfering with it.

next concern:
i'm using a mac and my music collection is in it. is there a way to stream music from a mac to the onkyo receiver without resorting to using windows either via bootcamp or parallels?

Offline jcsantamarina

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2643 on: Feb 14, 2012 at 05:52 PM »
^Congrats on solving your xbox-onkyo dilemma.

For the Mac-based Audio setup, I use a DAC. Connect it via USB of MAC and then via Aux Front Panel.
If what you meant was via Network, I haven't quite figured it out yet, I have a NAS so that's where I have some of my music.
But for chill-time, audio via DAC works well. Simple to setup and I can use my iPhone to control audio remotely using the "Remote" App.
If you do get to setup DLNA via your MAC, you can control also audio playback via iOS using the OnkyoRemote2 App.

Offline raider125jeigh

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #2644 on: Feb 14, 2012 at 09:54 PM »
i strongly suggest not to use any chemicals as it might damage the finish in the long run.
best to use a dry "pranela" and thats it.

You can try and use an extension cord with individual switches:

Works for me! Connect this to the AVR and turn on only the devices that you need to use.

at the moment i use stuff similar to this...
AKARI with six switches surge protect as well around 700-900 i forgot
Love me or hate me.....

Offline sientobente

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 64
« Reply #2645 on: Feb 19, 2012 at 09:21 PM »
Hi, which cheapest Onkyo AVR has a pre-out to connect a power amp on? Thanks.

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2646 on: Feb 19, 2012 at 09:35 PM »
Hi, which cheapest Onkyo AVR has a pre-out to connect a power amp on? Thanks.

Sa available locally I think TX-NR709...

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2647 on: Feb 19, 2012 at 09:44 PM »
ayun, thanks idol  :)

Offline ♡ lvcdg23™ ✌

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2648 on: Feb 19, 2012 at 09:50 PM »
ayun, thanks idol  :)

Mag 809 kana lang brader. Mas mura pa ata yung mga imported 809 compared to local 709. Yun nga lang 110volts sila  :)

Offline sientobente

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • H i F i v e!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2649 on: Feb 19, 2012 at 10:58 PM »
Mag 809 kana lang brader. Mas mura pa ata yung mga imported 809 compared to local 709. Yun nga lang 110volts sila  :)

ah talaga idol? san ba pwede magpa-import? magkano kaya cost nun? i'll keep this in mind  :)

Offline Onkyo606

• Trade Count: (+44)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's SVS or Nothing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #2650 on: Feb 19, 2012 at 11:53 PM »
ah talaga idol? san ba pwede magpa-import? magkano kaya cost nun? i'll keep this in mind  :)

pm mo si anya618
SVS PB13 Ultra and SB13 PLus

Offline Courage

• Trade Count: (+65)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 10
« Reply #2651 on: Feb 20, 2012 at 12:14 AM »

May mga nagbebeta nang Bnew 809 sa Market Place.. check em out.. readily avail na..
Walang Setup

Offline wenc yrich

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2652 on: Feb 20, 2012 at 09:41 AM »
Hi! I'm planning to build an HT, ok po ba ang Onkyo PR-SC5509 at PA-MC5501? any review sa mga users?
TIA..

Offline wenc yrich

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2653 on: Feb 20, 2012 at 01:09 PM »
i'm tempted to buy at hivizone these onkyo separates, any suggestions mga sirs?

Offline bejiboys

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 191
« Reply #2654 on: Feb 20, 2012 at 01:35 PM »
Me too.  Interested in having somebody import an 809, pero am having second thoughts of having a relative send one via BBox.  Mahigpit ba customs sa inspection of these items for duties? 

Offline raider125jeigh

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2655 on: Feb 20, 2012 at 02:03 PM »
Me too.  Interested in having somebody import an 809, pero am having second thoughts of having a relative send one via BBox.  Mahigpit ba customs sa inspection of these items for duties? 
meron po sa market place at 45K
Love me or hate me.....

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2656 on: Feb 20, 2012 at 02:35 PM »

If you want you're relative to send it to you via BBox try Forex... Wala kang problema sa customs..

My dad has been sending me electronics from TV to AVR via them and so far no problem..
Walang Setup

Offline sultan72

• Trade Count: (+32)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2657 on: Feb 20, 2012 at 10:22 PM »
Worth waiting for 2012 onkyos esp the 516s or 616s

From whathifi
Read on...

Onkyo launches first four 2012 AV home cinema receivers, plus three AV packages
13 Feb 2012
Onkyo's £600 TX-NR616 hits the shops in April

Onkyo has unveiled its first 'hit' of home cinema products for 2012, with four new AV receivers starting from £300 and networked models from £400 upwards. And the company also has three complete receiver/speakers packages, again at price starting from £300.

The receiver range kicks off with the £300 TX-SR313 (above), offering five channels of amplification each with a claimed output of 100W, five HDMI inputs – like all the new receivers, the '313 is 3D-ready – , ARC audio input and a USB input for memory devices or iPod/iPhone.

It has an interactive on-screen display for set-up and adjustment, and in common with all the new Onkyo models uses the company's Wide Range Amplifier Technology and discrete components in the output stage rather than amp-on-a-chip technology.

Move up a step and you're into network receiver territory with the TX-NR414, selling for £400 and claiming 5x130W.

Via its network connection it can access content stored on a local network, internet radio, subscription streaming services such as Spotify and Last.fm and 'cloud locker'  service like MP3tunes.

It can be controlled using a free iOS or Android Onkyo Remote App, and can also stream music from Android handsets, and has six HDMI inputs, an HDMI output with ARC, and a front-panel USB input.

Also new for this model is InstaPrevue technology allowing live on-screen 'picture in picture' thumbnails of the content being received by all the HDMI ports, and a Q button on the remote to overlay a 'Quick Set-Up' menu over the picture being viewed.

Hybrid Standby is also provided, allowing pass-through of HDMI-connected sources to the TV even when the receiver is off, and remote switch-on from the Onkyo Remote App – handy when making use of the receiver's Zone 2 capability.

Sitting above the '414 are the £500 TX-NR515 and £600 TX-NR616 (pictured), both of which are 7.2-channel models, with video upscaling all the way to 4K2K (4096x2160 pixels) using Marvell's Qdeo processing. In addition, a front-panel MHL/HDMI input allowing the playback of 1080p video with 7.1-channel sound from smartphones and similar portable devices.

Both models also have Audyssey 2EQ room correction, eight HDMI inputs and two outputs, and as well as a front-panel USB input have a rear USB able to accept an optional USB Wi-Fi adapter.

And while the '515 has Dolby Pro-Logic IIz, the '616 also offers Audyssey DSX expansion for additional Front Wide channels. Twin subwoofer outputs are available on both, and the TX-NR515 claims 7x130W, with the THX Select2 Plus certified TX-NR616 upping the power to 7x165W.

The TX-NR515 also offers powered Zone 2 output, while the TX-NR616 has both powered Zone 2 and line-out Zone 3.

Offline defcon3

• Trade Count: (+79)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 22
« Reply #2658 on: Feb 21, 2012 at 01:12 AM »

walang prob sir kung ipapabagahe ung mga item/s. there's alot of pdvd members who are ordering and sending from abroad.

Offline oReOsHaKe

• Trade Count: (+642)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #2659 on: Feb 21, 2012 at 08:42 AM »
Worth waiting for 2012 onkyos esp the 516s or 616s

From whathifi
Read on...

Onkyo launches first four 2012 AV home cinema receivers, plus three AV packages
13 Feb 2012
Onkyo's £600 TX-NR616 hits the shops in April

Onkyo has unveiled its first 'hit' of home cinema products for 2012, with four new AV receivers starting from £300 and networked models from £400 upwards. And the company also has three complete receiver/speakers packages, again at price starting from £300.

The receiver range kicks off with the £300 TX-SR313 (above), offering five channels of amplification each with a claimed output of 100W, five HDMI inputs – like all the new receivers, the '313 is 3D-ready – , ARC audio input and a USB input for memory devices or iPod/iPhone.

It has an interactive on-screen display for set-up and adjustment, and in common with all the new Onkyo models uses the company's Wide Range Amplifier Technology and discrete components in the output stage rather than amp-on-a-chip technology.

Move up a step and you're into network receiver territory with the TX-NR414, selling for £400 and claiming 5x130W.

Via its network connection it can access content stored on a local network, internet radio, subscription streaming services such as Spotify and Last.fm and 'cloud locker'  service like MP3tunes.

It can be controlled using a free iOS or Android Onkyo Remote App, and can also stream music from Android handsets, and has six HDMI inputs, an HDMI output with ARC, and a front-panel USB input.

Also new for this model is InstaPrevue technology allowing live on-screen 'picture in picture' thumbnails of the content being received by all the HDMI ports, and a Q button on the remote to overlay a 'Quick Set-Up' menu over the picture being viewed.

Hybrid Standby is also provided, allowing pass-through of HDMI-connected sources to the TV even when the receiver is off, and remote switch-on from the Onkyo Remote App – handy when making use of the receiver's Zone 2 capability.

Sitting above the '414 are the £500 TX-NR515 and £600 TX-NR616 (pictured), both of which are 7.2-channel models, with video upscaling all the way to 4K2K (4096x2160 pixels) using Marvell's Qdeo processing. In addition, a front-panel MHL/HDMI input allowing the playback of 1080p video with 7.1-channel sound from smartphones and similar portable devices.

Both models also have Audyssey 2EQ room correction, eight HDMI inputs and two outputs, and as well as a front-panel USB input have a rear USB able to accept an optional USB Wi-Fi adapter.

And while the '515 has Dolby Pro-Logic IIz, the '616 also offers Audyssey DSX expansion for additional Front Wide channels. Twin subwoofer outputs are available on both, and the TX-NR515 claims 7x130W, with the THX Select2 Plus certified TX-NR616 upping the power to 7x165W.

The TX-NR515 also offers powered Zone 2 output, while the TX-NR616 has both powered Zone 2 and line-out Zone 3.

Is the 616 the upgrade from the previous model 609?
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline plapoy

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2660 on: Feb 21, 2012 at 11:27 AM »
ok po ba hindi nag fafade ?
saan po meron nyan?

anyone uses armorall?

hindi naman sir.. ska once a month lang siguro yung apply ko. minsan nga 2x a month.. mabilis kasi punasan yung mga dust eh.. hindi kumakapit.. try nyo sa ace or handyman sir..

Offline raider125jeigh

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2661 on: Feb 21, 2012 at 04:44 PM »
hindi naman sir.. ska once a month lang siguro yung apply ko. minsan nga 2x a month.. mabilis kasi punasan yung mga dust eh.. hindi kumakapit.. try nyo sa ace or handyman sir..
i bought already hehehe..thanks for your feedback
Love me or hate me.....

Offline plapoy

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2662 on: Feb 21, 2012 at 04:49 PM »
i bought already hehehe..thanks for your feedback

hehe ok sir.. just make sure you use franella cloth..  ;)

Offline raider125jeigh

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2663 on: Feb 21, 2012 at 04:55 PM »
hehe ok sir.. just make sure you use franella cloth..  ;)
yup i even use the cloth for eye glasses hehehe
Love me or hate me.....

Offline astrochill

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #2664 on: Feb 28, 2012 at 01:09 PM »
Mga Master any idea kung paano maaayos 'to? I am using an Onkyo tx sr502 avr. I have tried test tone, all speakers (5.1) are working except the left rear. I also tried playing a 5.1 movie, again everything is working but the left rear. May mahina lang syang sort of a humming sound. Patulong naman mga masters. Thanks

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
« Reply #2665 on: Feb 28, 2012 at 08:22 PM »
Mga Master any idea kung paano maaayos 'to? I am using an Onkyo tx sr502 avr. I have tried test tone, all speakers (5.1) are working except the left rear. I also tried playing a 5.1 movie, again everything is working but the left rear. May mahina lang syang sort of a humming sound. Patulong naman mga masters. Thanks
na-isolate mo na ba?  like interchanging left and right rear speaker?
baka kasi wire lang or speaker itself.
ninjababez online ..

Offline darkn1ght

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2666 on: Feb 29, 2012 at 03:52 AM »

As what Ninjababes said, try to isolate the problem.
1. Try using a known good speakers for the rear left
2. Try using a known good speaker cable for the rear left
3. If problem still occurs while doing steps 1 and 2, it could be your Receiver.
42x30 | PCH-210 | TX-NR609 | Titan v6 | cc290 v6 | Atom v6 | PB12-NSD | XBOX360 Kinect |

Offline roygee

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2667 on: Feb 29, 2012 at 07:55 AM »
mga ser,

need your advise lang sana.. its my first time to update the firmware of my onkyo. latest firmware for the 509 is dated dec.15, but noticed previous updates. do i need to install previous firmware updates, or the latest firmware na agad? im assuming the lastest also carries the previous firmware fixes? thank you!

Offline Courage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2668 on: Feb 29, 2012 at 05:52 PM »
mga ser,

need your advise lang sana.. its my first time to update the firmware of my onkyo. latest firmware for the 509 is dated dec.15, but noticed previous updates. do i need to install previous firmware updates, or the latest firmware na agad? im assuming the lastest also carries the previous firmware fixes? thank you!

Latest na agad bro..
Walang Setup

Offline roygee

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2669 on: Feb 29, 2012 at 07:34 PM »
got it, salamat ser! congrats pala on your pj  :)