Author Topic: ONKYO AVR  (Read 537937 times)

Offline Tempter

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
Re: ONKYO AVR
« Reply #2880 on: Jul 05, 2012 at 09:41 AM »
i don't think there is any advantage in using the bi-amp feature on our onkyo avrs because it's drawing power from the same power block. when i tried it, no difference in the sound. a meager 50wpc integrated amp showed more promise instead.

It would make a difference if you set it to STEREO.
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Offline Tempter

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2881 on: Jul 05, 2012 at 09:47 AM »
Thanks bro! Yung actual sound output level ng sub ang mahina compared to the rest of the speakers after running the auto calibration. Without doing any changes sa gain ng subs ko, sa onkyo 805 pantay yung actual SPL ng subs sa speakers pero pag sa 809 mas mababa siya by 10db.

Bale i need to turn down the the gain of my subs now to get Subwoofer +0db but the actual output being set by the Onkyo 809's auto calibration is still 10db lower than what the Onkyo 805 sets.

In short, after running the same auto calibration in both receivers (without changing anything), the 809 will set the sub 10db lower in actual SPL output. Kailangan ko itaas yung subwoofer level by 10db to get the same output as my 805.

That's the power of MULTI-EQXT...  ;D
"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."

Offline JhunDV

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Good old-fashioned lover boy!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2882 on: Jul 05, 2012 at 10:03 AM »
Please help! Anyone knows where can I have my Onkyo 494 receiver serviced? Some buttons are malfunctioning and the remote is either dead or the receiver can't received the signal from it.
Panny 50VT30 - Onkyo 818 - Polk  RTiA5/CSiA6/FXiA4/DSWPro550 - MEDE8ER 1000x3D - Synology DS413j

Offline Macmon

• Trade Count: (+87)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #2883 on: Jul 05, 2012 at 08:27 PM »
Ang alam ko is the Pioneer/onkyo service center in West avenue
To Boldly go where no Bluray has gone before.

Offline Billabong

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2884 on: Jul 15, 2012 at 10:06 AM »
For Onkyo X09 and X009 owners, there's a new firmware available for download. It was released last 07/05/12.

Offline jetstar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Yohh!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2885 on: Jul 15, 2012 at 08:33 PM »
Is anybody here already using TX-NR616?  Planning to get one for an upgrade.  I'm pairing it with Diamond 9.1, 9.CS, 9.SRs and Polk Audio PSW110. TV is 42LW5700 with 3D BD player and xBox 360 as source. My room is not that big enough and currently using a Yamaha RX-V361.  I hate my current cabling system. My current receiver don't have HDMI.  Video goes to the TV through HDMI and audio through digital inputs of my receiver. I know it's a big leap to get the 616 but I'm seriously considering on ordering it soon.

Any review on the 616?
Yamaha-Wharfedale
PolkAudio-LG 3D-Sony-AppleTV
Onkyo-Aurum Cantus-Pioneer Elite- LG UHD
MonitorAudio

Offline rthirtyfourgtr

• Trade Count: (+47)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2886 on: Jul 15, 2012 at 09:25 PM »
^ i haven't tried it yet but from what i can gather, audio/video performance is virtually the same as it's predecessor, the 609.

i've had experience pairing x07, x08, and x09 receivers with 9cs + 9.1 + 9dfs + 9sr and they all sound good to me. my ears ain't audiophile grade though :D

do take note that there have been reports online regarding some firmware bugs. personally i'd wait for the kinks to be sorted out, especially if you'd like to take advantage of the new features ;)

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1415258/the-official-onkyo-tx-nr414-515-616-problems-thread
One should not seek the meaning of life until one is ready to understand death.

Offline jetstar

• Collector
  • Yohh!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2887 on: Jul 16, 2012 at 01:46 AM »
^ i haven't tried it yet but from what i can gather, audio/video performance is virtually the same as it's predecessor, the 609.

i've had experience pairing x07, x08, and x09 receivers with 9cs + 9.1 + 9dfs + 9sr and they all sound good to me. my ears ain't audiophile grade though :D

do take note that there have been reports online regarding some firmware bugs. personally i'd wait for the kinks to be sorted out, especially if you'd like to take advantage of the new features ;)

http://www.avsforum.com/t/1415258/the-official-onkyo-tx-nr414-515-616-problems-thread

Would you advise for me to wait or get the 609 instead which will save me a little bit? 
Yamaha-Wharfedale
MonitorAudio

Offline rthirtyfourgtr

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2888 on: Jul 16, 2012 at 06:38 AM »
new features introduced in onkyo 2012 models:
* MHL (mobile HDMI link)
* InstaPrevue
* some GUI enhancements
* improved standby operation (reduced power consumption when using HDMI-through, network standby giving ability to switch the receiver on via remote app ala Wake-On-LAN)

if any of the features above are must-haves for you then i suggest holding out for the 616, otherwise either way will be great. street price for both is quite the same so you won't really save much with 609. if you go with the older model, it would be for the reason that it currently has a more mature firmware.
« Last Edit: Jul 16, 2012 at 06:39 AM by rthirtyfourgtr »

Offline Tempter

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2889 on: Jul 16, 2012 at 11:59 AM »
* MHL (mobile HDMI link)
* InstaPrevue
* some GUI enhancements
* improved standby operation (reduced power consumption when using HDMI-through, network standby giving ability to switch the receiver on via remote app ala Wake-On-LAN)

if any of the features above are must-haves for you then i suggest holding out for the 616, otherwise either way will be great. street price for both is quite the same so you won't really save much with 609. if you go with the older model, it would be for the reason that it currently has a more mature firmware.

Wake on-LAN is not a new feature.  I'm not sure what series it started, but its there in 08 series.

Offline rthirtyfourgtr

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2890 on: Jul 16, 2012 at 12:46 PM »
sorry, got it mixed up with network control... but anyway, this new feature appears to be the culprit causing issues on operation affecting entry level 2012 models

Offline jetstar

• Collector
  • Yohh!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2891 on: Jul 16, 2012 at 02:44 PM »
* MHL (mobile HDMI link)
* InstaPrevue
* some GUI enhancements

Thanks! Will think about it. Also now considering other brands such as H/K.
Yamaha-Wharfedale
MonitorAudio

Offline ultimatedls

• Trade Count: (+52)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2892 on: Aug 06, 2012 at 03:38 AM »
Any 809 user here running dual subs?

1. Does audyssey calibrate them individually?
2. How did did you connec the subs? Y connector to 1 sub channel of the avr or individual?
SVS PB13 and PC13 ULTRA
SVS ULTRA SPEAKERS
EMOTIVA
MARANTZ

Offline defcon3

• Trade Count: (+79)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 22
« Reply #2893 on: Aug 06, 2012 at 03:51 AM »
Any 809 user here running dual subs?

1. Does audyssey calibrate them individually?
2. How did did you connec the subs? Y connector to 1 sub channel of the avr or individual?

check mo toh sir

http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/spl-meters-mics-calibration-sound-cards/55349-calibrating-two-svs-subs-help-needed-2.html

hope this helps.

Offline ultimatedls

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2894 on: Aug 06, 2012 at 04:16 AM »
check mo toh sir

http://www.hometheatershack.com/forums/spl-meters-mics-calibration-sound-cards/55349-calibrating-two-svs-subs-help-needed-2.html

hope this helps.

thanks! So Y connector both subs to 1 sub out of the avr lang talaga to calibrate both using audyssey.  Any 809 user doing this? What's your feedback? Thanks
SVS PB13 and PC13 ULTRA
SVS ULTRA SPEAKERS
EMOTIVA
MARANTZ

Offline Stagea

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hype Fidelity
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 605
« Reply #2895 on: Aug 06, 2012 at 05:10 AM »
thanks! So Y connector both subs to 1 sub out of the avr lang talaga to calibrate both using audyssey.  Any 809 user doing this? What's your feedback? Thanks

Connect mo na lang 1 sub per output, Master Dennis. The receiver will treat them as a single sub. Kung may SPL meter ka, imatch mo yung gain ng dalawa before calibrating. Kung wala, tantsa na lang.

Offline ultimatedls

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2896 on: Aug 06, 2012 at 05:17 AM »
Connect mo na lang 1 sub per output, Master Dennis. The receiver will treat them as a single sub. Kung may SPL meter ka, imatch mo yung gain ng dalawa before calibrating. Kung wala, tantsa na lang.
thanks master ivan. I will try and calibrate later pag uwi ko from the office. Makahanap narin muna ng mahihiraman ng spl meter. 
SVS PB13 and PC13 ULTRA
SVS ULTRA SPEAKERS
EMOTIVA
MARANTZ

Offline stickfighter

• Trade Count: (+109)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • IF IT'S LOUD...YOU'RE TOO OLD!!! IT MUST BE SVS!!!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #2897 on: Aug 11, 2012 at 05:42 AM »
Onkyo guru's...question.

My friend has an Onkyo 809. Last night, after a long time of not calibrating his system, he tried to reposition his speakers and sub. He ran the Audessey calibration about 7 times and at each time he did it, he got an error in the right speaker. When he tried to switch speakers, the error transfered to the left speaker naman.

Has anyone encountered this dilemma? Your feedback is much appreciated. :)

Offline audiojunkie

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • >>|<< OB - Dipole Rules >>|<<
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 6
« Reply #2898 on: Aug 11, 2012 at 06:12 AM »

brader Marts, you mean switch - the right speaker with error conected to left output of the amp and error switched also to the left? have you tried calibrating with other pair of speakers? if the problem happens only with that pair means the system detected something wrong with that particular piece.

:)   
Anthem CD1
Anthem Pre1
Audio Linear TT
Ortofon Rondo Red
Theta Dac
GTA SE-40 Amp
JBL L7
AudioQuest

Offline ninjababez®

• Trade Count: (+77)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • I know what poverty is.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1040
« Reply #2899 on: Aug 12, 2012 at 02:28 AM »
Onkyo guru's...question.

My friend has an Onkyo 809. Last night, after a long time of not calibrating his system, he tried to reposition his speakers and sub. He ran the Audessey calibration about 7 times and at each time he did it, he got an error in the right speaker. When he tried to switch speakers, the error transfered to the left speaker naman.

Has anyone encountered this dilemma? Your feedback is much appreciated. :)
brader Marts, you mean switch - the right speaker with error conected to left output of the amp and error switched also to the left? have you tried calibrating with other pair of speakers? if the problem happens only with that pair means the system detected something wrong with that particular piece.

:)   

try mo pagpalitin negative and positive terminal bro.  nangyari ito sa aaudio ko dati.  OK na sya after.
ninjababez online ..

Offline meat_eater

• Trade Count: (+95)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2900 on: Aug 12, 2012 at 03:12 AM »
Ok lang ba yung Onkyo 609 na US ver, 110 volts sa 1k watt na avr? or mas malaking avr ang needed?

Bite Hard and SHAKE

Offline ferdinand

• Trade Count: (+90)
  • DVD Guru
  • Trust is my virtue-enjoy life !!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2901 on: Aug 12, 2012 at 04:51 AM »
Ok lang ba yung Onkyo 609 na US ver, 110 volts sa 1k watt na avr? or mas malaking avr ang needed?

puede na yan bro :D

Offline vgsison

• Trade Count: (+54)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #2902 on: Aug 12, 2012 at 05:30 AM »
Is there anybody out there using a 3008? Would appreciate hearing your feedback and any good or bad issues you have with it.
GE Triton5, Aon3, SC X, SS3, Marantz 7010/XPA3 Gen3/Dual SVS Ultra/Panny PT-AR100 Oppo 103

Offline defcon3

• Trade Count: (+79)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 22
« Reply #2903 on: Aug 12, 2012 at 05:44 AM »
Is there anybody out there using a 3008? Would appreciate hearing your feedback and any good or bad issues you have with it.

calling/paging sir nogie  and carlo A. :)
« Last Edit: Aug 12, 2012 at 05:47 AM by defcon3 »

Offline carlo.A

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2904 on: Aug 12, 2012 at 11:02 AM »

I really find the 3008 really good but not that good when it comes to music playback. Power is there but of course you'll have to match it well.
My 3008 is now powering Polk speakers and I'm realizing that it kinda having a hard time at certain scenes. If you have specific questions that you need help with, just let me know

Offline vgsison

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2905 on: Aug 12, 2012 at 11:49 AM »
I really find the 3008 really good but not that good when it comes to music playback. Power is there but of course you'll have to match it well.
My 3008 is now powering Polk speakers and I'm realizing that it kinda having a hard time at certain scenes. If you have specific questions that you need help with, just let me know

Thanks for the reply. How can u say its not good for music playback? What kind of scenes it does a hard time driving?

I am drawn to this 3008 because of the multi eqxt32. But is it easy to calibrate? What year po ba lumabas itong model na ito?

I have entry level speakers (polk tsi 300 and cs10, wh2 for surrounds and dswpro 660i for subs). I have entry level panny AR100 and i think i need a 2 video out amp. I am currently using onkyo 508. My living room is around 25sq m and has high ceiling. My sofa - tv screen distance is around 14 feet.

Thanks much
GE Triton5, Aon3, SC X, SS3, Marantz 7010/XPA3 Gen3/Dual SVS Ultra/Panny PT-AR100 Oppo 103

Offline raider125jeigh

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #2906 on: Aug 12, 2012 at 12:07 PM »
high end yan 3008 hehehe
type ko din yan pati ung 1009 hihihihi
Love me or hate me.....

Offline vgsison

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #2907 on: Aug 12, 2012 at 12:13 PM »
high end yan 3008 hehehe
type ko din yan pati ung 1009 hihihihi

Best time to buy this now boss. 1009 is less expensive than 3008 pa

Tara na!

Offline raider125jeigh

• Trade Count: (+74)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #2908 on: Aug 12, 2012 at 12:18 PM »
Best time to buy this now boss. 1009 is less expensive than 3008 pa

Tara na!

mas high end lang ung 3series hehe...
kapag nakuntento na ako sa audio setup tapos balik ht na ako
Love me or hate me.....

Offline carlo.A

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #2909 on: Aug 12, 2012 at 12:19 PM »
Thanks for the reply. How can u say its not good for music playback? What kind of scenes it does a hard time driving?

I am drawn to this 3008 because of the multi eqxt32. But is it easy to calibrate? What year po ba lumabas itong model na ito?

I have entry level speakers (polk tsi 300 and cs10, wh2 for surrounds and dswpro 660i for subs). I have entry level panny AR100 and i think i need a 2 video out amp. I am currently using onkyo 508. My living room is around 25sq m and has high ceiling. My sofa - tv screen distance is around 14 feet.

Thanks much

This receiver is fully capable of driving your speakers naman. My speakers are a little harder to drive. So I don't think you'll ever encounter any problems if you do decide to get the 3008. But if I were you I'd get the newer version na (3009).
The xt32 is awesome. It'll calibrate two subs, should you decide to go that route. Also the isf is pretty cool too. For me it does make a difference in pq.