Author Topic: ONKYO AVR  (Read 537631 times)

Offline MAtZTER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: ONKYO AVR
« Reply #690 on: May 27, 2008 at 11:50 AM »
Does the local distributor of onkyo also carry the integra line? I am keen on buying the new integra pre-pro.

Sir, not that I know of, but we asked Onkyo China already & they dont have the integra 9.8 or the similar Onkyo 885 pre/pro. So no need to bother looking for this in HK, maybe Singapore?

Offline ricky

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544
« Reply #691 on: May 27, 2008 at 12:08 PM »
I use mine as a pre-pro only (with external power amps) and its already HOT! So I placed it on the top layer of my AV rack, in the "air path" of my split type aircon:

Pare sa cdrking maysuper quiet laptop cooler for only 580pesos. you might want to try it out, I used it sa macbook na nakakapaso ng lap ang init :D

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #692 on: May 27, 2008 at 12:13 PM »
Pare sa cdrking maysuper quiet laptop cooler for only 580pesos. you might want to try it out, I used it sa macbook na nakakapaso ng lap ang init :D

Thats a good idea but this thing is so huge it also wont fit in between layers of the rack.  :D

Is the laptop cooler via USB or plug type? where does it expel the heat? sideways?

ahh, must be why your pants were bulging at the lap part...  :D ;D
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008 at 12:14 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline leomar

• DVD Addict
  • Newbie HD ready...
  • Liked:
« Reply #693 on: May 27, 2008 at 03:16 PM »
Sir, not that I know of, but we asked Onkyo China already & they dont have the integra 9.8 or the similar Onkyo 885 pre/pro. So no need to bother looking for this in HK, maybe Singapore?

uy, deja vu... i asked about this sa SG distro last week eto sagot:

Q: May i know the price of Onkyo PR-SC885P in Singapore? And where can i visit to demo this?

Dear Mr. Leomar

As this product is under Onkyo profession line up and not available for our distribution, so we do not think it will be available at the moment.

We only carry the Home AV receivers like TX-SR506, TX-SR606, TX-SR705, TX-SR805, TX-SR875 & TX-NR905.

Best Regards
Hwee Seng (Electronics) Pte Ltd
Cecilia Foo

Offline john5479

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • crash and burn!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #694 on: May 27, 2008 at 03:45 PM »
^ This sucks, this pre-pro is also hard to come by in the states as of now but it seems having a relative in the states buy one for me is the best option.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008 at 03:46 PM by john5479 »

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #695 on: May 28, 2008 at 11:30 AM »
^ This sucks, this pre-pro is also hard to come by in the states as of now but it seems having a relative in the states buy one for me is the best option.

True! I also thought that its easier to ask a relative to bring home a 23lb pre/pro than a 61lb Onkyo 875... LOL.

Hopefully its autovolt. 110v gear's resale value is  :'(.

Offline Waxx

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • PDVD RULES!!! (basahin nyo, i mean!)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 791
« Reply #696 on: May 28, 2008 at 12:10 PM »
ok, here's my setup.. am i in the right thread?

have Onkyo TX-SR605  .. speakers on 7.1 setup... ps3, hd dvd , and wii linked to it... 46in 1080p tv....

have some questions i know people here can answer...

feeling ko lang di lang na configure mabuti yung 605 ko e... kaya di namamaximize.. sayang e.. atsaka bat pag naka uncompressed mas mahina ang output ng audio ng mga palabas? pag trueHD rin  and DTS, vs typical 5.1? medyo nakakalito..

i sometimes play with the audio output...mono (erk!),  DPLIIEX, etc.. whats the best ba?.. do i need power amp pa to save the built in amp? if yes? what can you reco?

or mag upgrade nalang ako?

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #697 on: May 28, 2008 at 12:14 PM »
ok, here's my setup.. am i in the right thread?

have Onkyo TX-SR605  .. speakers on 7.1 setup... ps3, hd dvd , and wii linked to it... 46in 1080p tv....

have some questions i know people here can answer...

feeling ko lang di lang na configure mabuti yung 605 ko e... kaya di namamaximize.. sayang e.. atsaka bat pag naka uncompressed mas mahina ang output ng audio ng mga palabas? pag trueHD rin  and DTS, vs typical 5.1? medyo nakakalito..

i sometimes play with the audio output...mono (erk!),  DPLIIEX, etc.. whats the best ba?.. do i need power amp pa to save the built in amp? if yes? what can you reco?

or mag upgrade nalang ako?

ano connection mo?  thru hdmi or through optical/coaxial?

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #698 on: May 28, 2008 at 12:17 PM »
How big is the room? Did you use audessey?

Offline Full HD 3D

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #699 on: May 28, 2008 at 12:28 PM »
M also eyeing a 9.8 or an 885 since all forum reviews are very positive. Sa Japan meron, but may courier kaya sa Japan para autovolt ?

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #700 on: May 28, 2008 at 12:31 PM »
I was informed that you can order from the local Onkyo Distro, you need to give a downpayment, and waaaaaaiiiiiiiit for it to arrive.  :'(

Offline Full HD 3D

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #701 on: May 28, 2008 at 12:35 PM »
I was informed that you can order from the local Onkyo Distro, you need to give a downpayment, and waaaaaaiiiiiiiit for it to arrive.  :'(
HeHe! LOCAL ONKYO Distributor? Uso pa kaya yan pag dumating. Baka di na Blue Ray ang in at that time

Offline leomar

• DVD Addict
  • Newbie HD ready...
  • Liked:
« Reply #702 on: May 28, 2008 at 12:46 PM »
M also eyeing a 9.8 or an 885 since all forum reviews are very positive. Sa Japan meron, but may courier kaya sa Japan para autovolt ?

Onkyo Japan ba sir?
May english website ba?

e kung group buy kay? to minimize the shipping cost? hihi
at ma-nego ung price din... hmmm

Offline john5479

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • crash and burn!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #703 on: May 28, 2008 at 03:49 PM »
Personally I don't mind if its 110v as I have a heavy duty tramsformer for that :) If enough people are willing a group buy is possible to save on shipping costs.

Offline leomar

• DVD Addict
  • Newbie HD ready...
  • Liked:
« Reply #704 on: May 28, 2008 at 05:11 PM »

Offline Mouldingo

• DVD Guru
  • Life's too short, don't waste it!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #705 on: May 28, 2008 at 07:17 PM »
Puro grey market mga Onkyos sa AV shops.

Offline JAQY888

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • It's a bright new world ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #706 on: May 29, 2008 at 05:41 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ONKYO TO RELEASE NEW AVR LINE-UP ;D ;D ;D

Mga bros, you might want to wait for these new babies .....
"As expected, the company is following up the already-announced TX-SR606 , -576 and -506 with replacements for the existing TX-SR705, -805, -875 and TX-NR905. The new models, due in the Autumn, all take the -6 suffix and feature improved specifications over the models they replace.

Upgrades include the Audyssey Dynamic EQ system already seen in the less expensive models, THX Select 2 Plus certification (which includes THX Loudness Plus), and more HDMI inputs, with the -806 having five ins and one out. The TX-SR876 also gains an extra HDMI output, only previously found on the TX-NR905.

The joker in the pack is the PR-SC886, a preamp/processor complete with 7.1-channel balanced outputs – its spec looks a bit like that of the TX-SR875 without the power amps.

The styling of the products is so like the existing ones that the presentation our man has seen simply uses pictures of the old models, though there is a slight sharpening-up of the looks of the silver versions, and of course the new remote handsets seen with the TX-SR606." (whathifi.com)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008 at 06:08 AM by JAQY888 »
50pv70;AX200E
NR-808;TX-8555;EX442;SuV85a
Dali-Ikon7;Paradigm-11;SVS-PB12+;B&W
RegaP3;OPPO;CDT15

Offline streetsmart

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life imitates movies ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #707 on: May 29, 2008 at 08:37 AM »

"As expected, the company is following up the already-announced TX-SR606 , -576 and -506 with replacements for the existing TX-SR705, -805, -875 and TX-NR905. The new models, due in the Autumn, all take the -6 suffix and feature improved specifications over the models they replace.

Upgrades include the Audyssey Dynamic EQ system already seen in the less expensive models, THX Select 2 Plus certification (which includes THX Loudness Plus), and more HDMI inputs, with the -806 having five ins and one out. The TX-SR876 also gains an extra HDMI output, only previously found on the TX-NR905.

The joker in the pack is the PR-SC886, a preamp/processor complete with 7.1-channel balanced outputs – its spec looks a bit like that of the TX-SR875 without the power amps.

The styling of the products is so like the existing ones that the presentation our man has seen simply uses pictures of the old models, though there is a slight sharpening-up of the looks of the silver versions, and of course the new remote handsets seen with the TX-SR606." (whathifi.com)

Really interesting news.

Audyssey Dynamic EQ and Dynamic Volume have also been announced for the upcoming new models of Denon. State-of-the-art technology, which automatically adjusts the eq and volume (in real-time) whenever you listen at below-reference levels. Unfortunately, I always listen at reference levels ...
No room acoustic treatment is like running a Ferrari on ice.

Offline danrd

• Trade Count: (+25)
  • DVD Guru
  • Do it now while you still can!
  • Liked:
« Reply #708 on: May 29, 2008 at 08:39 AM »

Wow! Great specs. Pero sigurado mamumuti na naman mga mata natin sa kahihintay nyan after release. Sobra kupad ng local distributor dito.  :-[

Offline JAQY888

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #709 on: May 29, 2008 at 08:48 AM »
Wow! Great specs. Pero sigurado mamumuti na naman mga mata natin sa kahihintay nyan after release. Sobra kupad ng local distributor dito.  :-[

Agreed. Can't understand why the local distributor is sooooo slooooowwwwww in picking up the pace.
If there's really a strong urge to remedy our "itch" for these new models, best option is to purchase it abroad when these models come out ....  ;D
50pv70;AX200E
RegaP3;OPPO;CDT15

Offline leomar

• DVD Addict
  • Newbie HD ready...
  • Liked:
« Reply #710 on: May 29, 2008 at 08:50 AM »
"The joker in the pack is the PR-SC886"

Let's start the waiting game!

Offline danrd

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #711 on: May 29, 2008 at 08:52 AM »
Agreed. Can't understand why the local distributor is sooooo slooooowwwwww in picking up the pace.
If there's really a strong urge to remedy our "itch" for these new models, best option is to purchase it abroad when these models come out ....  ;D

Yes it is. Mas mura pa. Problem is the risk on its transpo and warranty issue (which is most important thing btw).

Offline Waxx

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • PDVD RULES!!! (basahin nyo, i mean!)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 791
« Reply #712 on: May 29, 2008 at 08:53 AM »
ano connection mo?  thru hdmi or through optical/coaxial?

hello boss munskie.. i use hdmi sa mga hd ko, pero may optical na naka abang..

as for the wii, its av cable...

"How big is the room? Did you use audessey?"

room is relatively small, mga 25-30sq foot.. i scroll thru the options, kasi sometimes the games/movies have different output e.. dts, trueHD, pro logic, etc.. nakakahilo sa totoo lang..

wala bang receiver na auto detect na siya nalang mag auauto select ng best option based on the disc?..
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008 at 08:57 AM by Waxx »

Offline JAQY888

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #713 on: May 29, 2008 at 08:54 AM »
Really interesting news.

Audyssey Dynamic EQ and Dynamic Volume have also been announced for the upcoming new models of Denon. State-of-the-art technology, which automatically adjusts the eq and volume (in real-time) whenever you listen at below-reference levels. Unfortunately, I always listen at reference levels ...

Seems like other companies are jumping into the bandwagon to update their AVR line-up as well. This should be so considering the soaring market demands for newer specs ...  ;) There is indeed a need to catch up with the latest "trends" ...
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008 at 08:56 AM by JAQY888 »
50pv70;AX200E
RegaP3;OPPO;CDT15

Offline JAQY888

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #714 on: May 29, 2008 at 08:59 AM »
Yes it is. Mas mura pa. Problem is the risk on its transpo and warranty issue (which is most important thing btw).

O nga, tama. Pero pag may SARS attack tayo bro, transpo and warranty issues (usually) takes a back seat. hehhehe ....  ;)
Antay antay lang tayo ... kaya pa naman siguro ng prozac pampa-kalma .... hehehe  ;D
50pv70;AX200E
RegaP3;OPPO;CDT15

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #715 on: May 29, 2008 at 11:41 AM »
"How big is the room? Did you use audessey?"

room is relatively small, mga 25-30sq foot..

Sir, uh, do you mean square meters? 30 sq ft (about 5x6ft) sounds like a storage area.

I heard they are very conservative in ordering, as they still have stocks of the old models in their warehouse. They have miscalculated their orders before so they are very cautious now.

Too bad, if they have ordered a lot now, they may have made up for the losses of their unsold older models.

Offline JAQY888

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #716 on: May 29, 2008 at 11:53 AM »
I heard they are very conservative in ordering, as they still have stocks of the old models in their warehouse. They have miscalculated their orders before so they are very cautious now.

Too bad, if they have ordered a lot now, they may have made up for the losses of their unsold older models.

However, there are a lot of eager buyers out there who can't wait for their Onkyo's from the local distributor.
Hmmm, hopefully they do change their business strategy. A (feasibility) study can surely help them know the current market trends.   
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008 at 11:54 AM by JAQY888 »
50pv70;AX200E
RegaP3;OPPO;CDT15

Offline john5479

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • crash and burn!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #717 on: May 29, 2008 at 11:57 AM »
The PR-SC886 seems just like an updated version of the integra 9.8 which in turn has an onkyo pro counterpart in the pr-885. I almost forgot but the integra 9.8 costs $1,599 in the states, relatively affordable considering the features.

Offline danrd

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #718 on: May 29, 2008 at 01:27 PM »
Seems like other companies are jumping into the bandwagon to update their AVR line-up as well. This should be so considering the soaring market demands for newer specs ...  ;) There is indeed a need to catch up with the latest "trends" ...

Onkyo has to do something about its "VERY SLOW" distribution. If they'll prioritize disposing old units, then it will be a shame  if other brands catches up.

Just imagine if - Yamaha, Denon, Harman Kardon, releases models with the same specs as Onkyo. Who do you think the customers would prefer. Sayang naman pinaghirapan nila. Being ahead in all but in the end, being behind on sales.  ;)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2008 at 01:28 PM by danrd »

Offline Ctlim

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #719 on: May 29, 2008 at 03:10 PM »
hahahaha... i could just imagine if pdvd people ran these companies that manufacture electronics... malamang puro lugi na yan. hehehehehe joke  ;D