Author Topic: ONKYO AVR  (Read 537673 times)

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
Re: ONKYO AVR
« Reply #840 on: Jul 15, 2008 at 12:47 AM »
sir raymond, 32k quote sa sights and sound for 12 months, kaya i guess you can still take a couple of k of for cash.  ;D

my friend bought it for 27.5k cash
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline darkwing

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #841 on: Jul 15, 2008 at 01:47 AM »
ano kaya ang sagot ng yamaha sa mga bagong features na yan ng competition... hmmm, interesting  :)

i think meron din yung YPAO sa Yamaha? dunno if this is similar to Audyssey, was a long time Yamaha A/VR user, since 2000 pa yata when the optical connection was still new, nag switch lang kami sa Onkyo dahil sa features sa 605/606

Offline defjam

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #842 on: Jul 15, 2008 at 02:03 PM »
mga sir what brand of speaker will be best for onkyo receivers?i was leaning towards wharfe sana pero since warm sounding ang onkyo tapos warm speakers din ang wharfe do you think di sha match?ok sana wharfe kasi pasok sha sa budget e.any suggestions? will mainly use it fot ht and ps3.

Offline boybi

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #843 on: Jul 15, 2008 at 02:20 PM »
How do I setup my 605 to automatically detect if the source is DTS or Dolby, and output it correspondingly? Naguguluhan ako dun sa Instruction Manual, ang pagkakaintindi ko is to manually select the Listening Mode kung anong output gusto ko.

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • Trade Count: (+76)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #844 on: Jul 15, 2008 at 02:49 PM »

my friend bought it for 27.5k cash

wow, mura na pala. grabe baba ng price ng mga avrs. halos sing bilis na rin sa pagbaba ng lcd/plasma. happy for all consumers.  ;D

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
« Reply #845 on: Jul 15, 2008 at 02:58 PM »
How do I setup my 605 to automatically detect if the source is DTS or Dolby, and output it correspondingly? Naguguluhan ako dun sa Instruction Manual, ang pagkakaintindi ko is to manually select the Listening Mode kung anong output gusto ko.

bilis nalang yan because 605 is hdmi 1.3a na.

hdmi cable                                           hdmi cable
bluray/hddvd/hdmi dvd (hdmi out)------------(hdmi in) onkyo 605 (hdmi out)------------(hdmi in) lcd/plasma

you have to set your players output to bitstream, para the onkyo will decode the sound. it will automatically detect the sound already. the 605 i think has 3 hdmi inputs so if you have 3 hdmi based players, you will need 4 hdmi cables. 3 for the players to the avr and 1 for the avr to the lcd/plasma.

Offline boybi

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #846 on: Jul 15, 2008 at 03:11 PM »
I'm already using HDMI cables. How will I know that the 605 is outputting in DTS from a DTS source?

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
« Reply #847 on: Jul 15, 2008 at 03:23 PM »
I'm already using HDMI cables. How will I know that the 605 is outputting in DTS from a DTS source?

it should show in the receiver's screen kung ano ang audio na ina-output nya.

Offline Waxx

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • PDVD RULES!!! (basahin nyo, i mean!)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 791
« Reply #848 on: Jul 15, 2008 at 03:33 PM »

ano yung source nyo sir? ps3? dvd player or what?

Offline Weng!

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • The Dude Formerly Known As GneW
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 63
« Reply #849 on: Jul 15, 2008 at 03:47 PM »

i had the same dilemma before with my pio dv600 and denon 2308 using digital coax or optical. when i set the pio digital out to PCM, the denon 2308 will detect multi channel (receiver decoding) and can select Dolby or DTS on the receiver manually. but when you press audio sa pio 600 remote the denon will not change according to the dvd audio selected and need to set the denon remote to match the dvd audio. sometimes naka dolby ang dvd ko at ang denon naka DTS or vice versa. on the contrary, when i set the pio dv600 digital out to Dolby and DTS (dvd player decoding) the DTS or Dolby logo is lit on the receiver's input. when i press audio sa pio dvd to select DTS, the denon receiver will automatically change according to the selected signal from the dvd. so, ito ang ginamit ko na setting, 1 button to press (dvd remote) to switch between dolby or dts.
« Last Edit: Jul 15, 2008 at 04:22 PM by GneW »

Offline oReOsHaKe

• Trade Count: (+642)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 9
« Reply #850 on: Jul 15, 2008 at 03:57 PM »

It will really depend on what audio output you prefer from the DVD source.  You can set the audio you preferred sa DVD player mo.  The receiver will not be able to choose the audio for you.  If may DTS or Dolby 5.1 ang DVD mo, then you have to choose between the 2 kung ano gusto mo (manually) or make one of the audio you prefer as your default audio sa DVD player mo.  Whatever the DVD player will pass on to your receiver will then be recognized by the AVR as such whether its Dolby or DTS.
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline iiinas

• Kagawad
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • -> THXed <-
  • Liked:
« Reply #851 on: Jul 15, 2008 at 04:13 PM »

dapat naka set yung player mo to output as bitstream or like wat sir gnew said set it to output dd or dts, not all players kasi call it bitstream.

Offline defjam

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #852 on: Jul 15, 2008 at 05:06 PM »
mga sir what brand of speaker will be best for onkyo receivers?i was leaning towards wharfe sana pero since warm sounding ang onkyo tapos warm speakers din ang wharfe do you think di sha match?ok sana wharfe kasi pasok sha sa budget e.any suggestions? will mainly use it fot ht and ps3.

any suggestions guys?

Offline et414

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • its gonna be LEGEN... wait for it... DARY! ;)
  • Liked:
« Reply #853 on: Jul 15, 2008 at 06:06 PM »
audition and let your ears decide :) most people recommend b&w. i own the 600 series 2 w/ an onkyo tx-sr702 and its ok. the sound really came alive when i added a power amp.

Offline ASuL

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #854 on: Jul 15, 2008 at 06:27 PM »
does the 701 have hdmi already...im in the look out for mid-level reciever :-[

what year did the 701 released?

Offline et414

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • its gonna be LEGEN... wait for it... DARY! ;)
  • Liked:
« Reply #855 on: Jul 15, 2008 at 07:04 PM »
the 701 doesn't have hdmi. it was released around 04 probably because i bought mine in 05

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2400
« Reply #856 on: Jul 15, 2008 at 09:21 PM »
sir raymond, 32k quote sa sights and sound for 12 months, kaya i guess you can still take a couple of k of for cash.  ;D
Thanks sir need to save money for this

Offline boybi

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #857 on: Jul 15, 2008 at 11:01 PM »
i had the same dilemma before with my pio dv600 and denon 2308 using digital coax or optical. when i set the pio digital out to PCM, the denon 2308 will detect multi channel (receiver decoding) and can select Dolby or DTS on the receiver manually. but when you press audio sa pio 600 remote the denon will not change according to the dvd audio selected and need to set the denon remote to match the dvd audio. sometimes naka dolby ang dvd ko at ang denon naka DTS or vice versa. on the contrary, when i set the pio dv600 digital out to Dolby and DTS (dvd player decoding) the DTS or Dolby logo is lit on the receiver's input. when i press audio sa pio dvd to select DTS, the denon receiver will automatically change according to the selected signal from the dvd. so, ito ang ginamit ko na setting, 1 button to press (dvd remote) to switch between dolby or dts.

Ganyan nga ang problema ko. Yan na rin ang gagawin ko. Thanks!

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #858 on: Jul 16, 2008 at 11:33 AM »

Mission

Offline Waxx

• Trade Count: (+78)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • PDVD RULES!!! (basahin nyo, i mean!)
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 791
« Reply #859 on: Jul 16, 2008 at 02:30 PM »

Offline raptor

• Trade Count: (+28)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Manila Tifosi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 593
« Reply #860 on: Jul 16, 2008 at 02:51 PM »

i'm using Dali ... i'm satisfied with the performance
Marantz NR1200, MartinLogan Motion 20 digital audio setup, and Sony A80J

Offline oReOsHaKe

• Trade Count: (+642)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #861 on: Jul 16, 2008 at 03:26 PM »
i'm using Dali ... i'm satisfied with the performance

I second the Dali..  ;D ;D ;D
DALI OPTICON 8 : Zensor : Polk Audio F/XiA4 : ONKYO 5010 : OPPO BDP-103 : Panny AE8000 : Dual PB1000

Offline leomar

• DVD Addict
  • Newbie HD ready...
  • Liked:
« Reply #862 on: Jul 16, 2008 at 04:09 PM »
magkamatch ba ang paradigm at onkyo?  :)

Offline vtec3

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 30
« Reply #863 on: Jul 16, 2008 at 06:25 PM »
magkamatch ba ang paradigm at onkyo?  :)

i have heard na paradigm and denon & paradigm and yamaha but not paradigm and onkyo. heard this when i was suditioning for a new speaker. sounds ok on both receiver. nagtataka nga ako why with two different seller of paradigm both stores did not pair the speakers with onkyo.

onkyo and mission ok, that is what i have  ;)

Offline darkwing

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #864 on: Jul 16, 2008 at 09:23 PM »
waah this is wierd, my 606 with PS3 set to LPCM(meaning PS3 decodes the HD audio), basta BD na PCM, lumabas ang Audyssey light pero kung TrueHD, walang Audyssey light sa receiver @_@ take note naka MultiCh ang display sa receiver in both cases @_@ haven't tried a DTS-MA title though

Offline streetsmart

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life imitates movies ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #865 on: Jul 16, 2008 at 10:01 PM »
waah this is wierd, my 606 with PS3 set to LPCM(meaning PS3 decodes the HD audio), basta BD na PCM, lumabas ang Audyssey light pero kung TrueHD, walang Audyssey light sa receiver @_@ take note naka MultiCh ang display sa receiver in both cases @_@ haven't tried a DTS-MA title though

That is really weird. Honestly, I've been reading about a lot of hardware problems with the 606. I hope there is a simple answer to this.

Do you notice a big difference pag TruHD and walang Audyssey? Sumama ang audio?
No room acoustic treatment is like running a Ferrari on ice.

Offline darkwing

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #866 on: Jul 16, 2008 at 10:08 PM »
That is really weird. Honestly, I've been reading about a lot of hardware problems with the 606. I hope there is a simple answer to this.

Do you notice a big difference pag TruHD and walang Audyssey? Sumama ang audio?

Hmmm hinde naman but you need to turn the volume up para maging dynamic ang sound, yung tamang reference level ika nga, kung meron kasi Audyssey, maski low volume, dynamic parin ang sounds, hmmm or i think hinde siya  maka Audyssey basta 96khz ang input, yung na test ko na PCM 5.1 kasi 48khz lang ang output

Offline streetsmart

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life imitates movies ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #867 on: Jul 16, 2008 at 10:21 PM »
Hmmm hinde naman but you need to turn the volume up para maging dynamic ang sound, yung tamang reference level ika nga, kung meron kasi Audyssey, maski low volume, dynamic parin ang sounds, hmmm or i think hinde siya  maka Audyssey basta 96khz ang input, yung na test ko na PCM 5.1 kasi 48khz lang ang output

That can't be right. With my Denon 2808, Audyssey is on with TruHD and DTS-MA or uncompressed LPCM and that's the highest possible audio bitrates. Meron ibang problem. I hope you solve the problem or else, it is most likely a hardware or firmware issue with 606. Bagong model kasi kaya baka may toothing issues pero sana hindi naman.
No room acoustic treatment is like running a Ferrari on ice.

Offline vladymuscov

• Apprentice
  • "musicality" is the last refuge of a tweak
  • Liked:
« Reply #868 on: Jul 16, 2008 at 11:31 PM »
sir, can audyssey be implemented with stereo audio?
sony cdp-761e
yamaha rx-v493
b&w dm303
b&w asw300
yamaha ns-c

Offline darkwing

• DVD Addict
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #869 on: Jul 16, 2008 at 11:52 PM »
sir, can audyssey be implemented with stereo audio?

Yup, it should be on all the time except yung Pure Music/Direct Mode

@streetsmart: yup i already sent an email to Onkyo about it, actually parang nasa 96khz siya yata hinde nag on, hmmm need more testing though, most movies kasi nasa 48 khz/24 bit