Author Topic: Mixed Martial Arts Thread : UFC - PRIDE - K1 - URCC  (Read 38292 times)

Offline aikigrappler

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • irimi nage
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re:UFC : Ultimate Fighting Championship
« Reply #90 on: Jan 12, 2003 at 05:28 PM »
AAAHHHH!!! >:( Sabi ko na nga ba!!!
It takes a little more persistence to get up and go the distance

Offline xage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Suspended
  • Liked:
« Reply #91 on: Jan 13, 2003 at 08:39 AM »
Yes, talo na naman si Coleman by split decision but I thought he won it.

Coleman never redeem himself after the match with Maurice Smith...

BTW, have you not noticed that the Hammer even ask assistance (or others called alliance) with the Lion's Den?

Anyw.. see how PRIDE products are... they are goners and goodbyes from UFC? (Hello Coleman is now with PRIDE) ;D
[img width=163 height=49]http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b221/x

Offline Dragon Sleeper

• Collector
  • Fortune favors the brave!
  • Liked:
« Reply #92 on: Jan 13, 2003 at 08:56 PM »
Anyw.. see how PRIDE products are... they are goners and goodbyes from UFC? (Hello Coleman is now with PRIDE) ;D

pareng xage, are you dissing Pride?  :o  ;D

I don't think UFC rejects sina Coleman, Frye, Shamrock etc. when they fought in Pride. There's more money sa Japan kasi... and the rules are similar to early UFC!

I have to disagree with you on Coleman. I think winning the Pride Grand Prix is redemption enough..

Offline aikigrappler

• DVD Guru
  • irimi nage
  • Liked:
« Reply #93 on: Jan 14, 2003 at 04:50 PM »
One learns more from losing than winning.Unless one loses too much. ;D

Wala pang update on when Solar will start showing K1?Wala last friday 10:30 p.m. Wala pa rin daw WWE or TNA wrestling.

Offline X-®an™

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #94 on: Jan 17, 2003 at 02:08 PM »
You missed the exciting Bas Rutten-Tsuyoshi Kosaka match. TK dominated the early action before getting decimated in overtime.  :(

Hanep yung Bas Rutten... unbeaten in 3 years up to that fight...

8) X-Ran 599 8)

Offline xage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Suspended
  • Liked:
« Reply #95 on: Jan 18, 2003 at 09:50 AM »

By the way, nakabili ako dati (di ko na matandaan kung kaylan) ng UFC hits from someone from ebili.com. VHS copy lang (from DVD), I picked up the tape from a store that sells health drugs/medicines in Glorietta. Kilala nyo ba siya? Baka naman ikaw yan kung sino ka man. Baka meron kang mga bagong tapes.. :)

Are you sure it was only UFC you got? ;D

Offline aikigrappler

• DVD Guru
  • irimi nage
  • Liked:
« Reply #96 on: Jan 19, 2003 at 12:04 AM »
Finally, Maurice Smith is put in his rightful place by Kevin Randleman!Tama ba spelling?I'm definitely gonna get flak from Smith fans here. ;D What did we expect?Maurice doing his old style again.Wait it out for the opponent to get tired then do some punches and kicks to make the judges vote for him.Well Maurice, here is the kicker.This opponent outlasted you!Maurice in my opinion, does a good job in the guard meaning he can tie an opponent up so he can't do any real damage. He is able to take punches and whatever you can throw at him and believe me he can really do it effectively.Kevin had a hard time passing Maurice's guard but he definitely was the aggressor.Maurice, in all his UFC fight, failed to show any talent in my opinion other than the one I have stated.He failed to show any knockout punch or any submission holds.He does have a very good guard and stamina, that is all.He may be a champion in kickboxing but that is a whole different sport.Try going head to head with Gary "Big Daddy" Goodrich!Now that is a UFC fighter!He may have lost but he does give it all when he fights!Now Tito Ortiz, that is a whole different ball game.Strategy with technique and power.Of course we know Tito beat Ken in UFC 41!Tama ba?Palabas kaya yong Randleman vs. Rutten fight?Woohoo!

Offline aikigrappler

• DVD Guru
  • irimi nage
  • Liked:
« Reply #97 on: Jan 19, 2003 at 08:26 AM »
Anybody know what really happend after Tito's fight?I heard in the background somebody shouting to Tito not to let them see him wearing that T-shirt then when the camera focussed on him, he was on the side of the Lions Den corner.Ken was above the railing shouting and pointing at him while Tito had this smug look.Tito has definitely large "Cajones".He did taught Guy Mezger a thing or two. ;D
Elf  8)

Offline The Game

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Addict
  • Time to play the GAME....
  • Liked:
« Reply #98 on: Jan 19, 2003 at 09:48 AM »
tito and ken had an altercation then tito removed his shirt but i didn't see what was written on his shirt...

anyway.. ortiz gave ken shamrock a beating in their recent match sa ufc 41... wawa si ken..

Offline xage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Suspended
  • Liked:
« Reply #99 on: Jan 20, 2003 at 07:58 AM »
tito and ken had an altercation then tito removed his shirt but i didn't see what was written on his shirt...

anyway.. ortiz gave ken shamrock a beating in their recent match sa ufc 41... wawa si ken..

Dude, it was UFC40

Anyways

No wonder why the match (in Vendetta) both Tito and Ken was hyped that much! It took them like 20+UFC events before the two of them have the chance to meet each other.

Offline xage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Suspended
  • Liked:
« Reply #100 on: Jan 20, 2003 at 08:02 AM »
It was a WRONG WRONG move on SEG's end to overlyhyped "The Monster" Kevin Randleman in UFC19.. geez they never thought that the unruly bad boy "Tito Ortiz" would be the future of their Industry...

Well, I can't blame SEG that much after all its an unruly behaviour on Ortiz' end... Well, good thing upon ZUFA's entry in buying UFC.. they found their poster child to be that worthy..

Offline aikigrappler

• DVD Guru
  • irimi nage
  • Liked:
« Reply #101 on: Jan 20, 2003 at 08:20 AM »
Does anybody have a VHS copy of UFC 40 Vendetta?Willing to make a copy? ;D ;D ;D Ken Vs. Tito.
Elf 8)

Offline aikigrappler

• DVD Guru
  • irimi nage
  • Liked:
« Reply #102 on: Jan 20, 2003 at 08:31 AM »
I think Kevin will be a contender in the following (although delayed telecast) UFC fights.He has great stamina and physique.For a debut fight in the UFC against Maurice, that was considered a good fight for me.Tito lost his debut fight if I'm not mistaken and now he is more adept on how the octagon works.Same for Kevin, I do believe that he will be one to look out for.Whatever happend to Vittor?Injury before the last UFC and was not able to fight.Tank is coming in 41 so he better get off that drinking binge and start to train.Your the man! ;D
Elf 8)

Offline slowhand

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #103 on: Jan 20, 2003 at 09:49 PM »
Was trying to find a thread on martial arts but couldn't find one, so perhaps this is the right place?

Anyway, it says on the DVD of The Bourne Identity that Matt Damon was using a "Filipino" form of martial arts called "kali." Anyone know about kali?

Offline aikigrappler

• DVD Guru
  • irimi nage
  • Liked:
« Reply #104 on: Jan 20, 2003 at 09:59 PM »
Kali is Filipino Martial Arts Arnis.Go to Pinoyexchange under hobbies and interests, there is a group posting there practicing Pekiti Tirsia Kali.They teach weapons use and open handed strikes.They have contacts there if you ever want to join.
Elf 8)

Offline Dragon Sleeper

• Collector
  • Fortune favors the brave!
  • Liked:
« Reply #105 on: Jan 20, 2003 at 09:59 PM »

Offline slowhand

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #106 on: Jan 21, 2003 at 10:06 AM »
Thanks guys! Glad I posted in the right thread.

Offline Compaq

• Trade Count: (+12)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #107 on: Jan 21, 2003 at 10:32 AM »

By the way, nakabili ako dati (di ko na matandaan kung kaylan) ng UFC hits from someone from ebili.com. VHS copy lang (from DVD), I picked up the tape from a store that sells health drugs/medicines in Glorietta. Kilala nyo ba siya? Baka naman ikaw yan kung sino ka man. Baka meron kang mga bagong tapes.. :)

Are you sure it was only UFC you got? ;D

Hehehe... nope... I also got a copy of Amazing Videos (The Best of... something like that)... from the same guy... that's all... no nude pics/movies (if that's what you're talking about)  ;D

Do you know the guy?

Cheers!!!
Compaq

Offline xage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Suspended
  • Liked:
« Reply #108 on: Jan 23, 2003 at 09:20 AM »
Hehehe... nope... I also got a copy of Amazing Videos (The Best of... something like that)... from the same guy... that's all... no nude pics/movies (if that's what you're talking about)  ;D

Do you know the guy?

Cheers!!!
Compaq

Hehehe, Yeah I know him (diba his name came from one of the X-men?)

You got what I have in mind hehehe

Offline xage

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Suspended
  • Liked:
« Reply #109 on: Jan 23, 2003 at 09:26 AM »
I think Kevin will be a contender in the following (although delayed telecast) UFC fights.He has great stamina and physique.For a debut fight in the UFC against Maurice, that was considered a good fight for me.Tito lost his debut fight if I'm not mistaken and now he is more adept on how the octagon works.Same for Kevin, I do believe that he will be one to look out for.

FYI, the debut of Tito was just an alternate, he was brought by Tank (since during that time he was just a college student needing a money and only martial arts he knew of was wrestling its just that he got the guts to be Tank's sparring partner) and the match was controversial (have you seen Metzger's tap out?)....

Randleman on the other hand , came prepared (See the re-action on mister Coleman's end upon Kevin's winning announcement?) Remember? Coleman's streak was vanquished by Maurice?? ;D

Offline aikigrappler

• DVD Guru
  • irimi nage
  • Liked:
« Reply #110 on: Jan 23, 2003 at 09:31 AM »
By the way, nakabili ako dati (di ko na matandaan kung kaylan) ng UFC hits from someone from ebili.com. VHS copy lang (from DVD

Hey Compaq,
Is that UFC hits 1?What are the fights on the tape?If I haven't seen them, interested in making me a copy?hehe ;D
Elf 8)

Offline aikigrappler

• DVD Guru
  • irimi nage
  • Liked:
« Reply #111 on: Jan 23, 2003 at 09:37 AM »
(since during that time he was just a college student needing a money and only martial arts he knew of was wrestling its just that he got the guts to be Tank's sparring partner

Man!They should have a tape on this! Who in his right mind wants to spar with Tank?I don't even think that the word training spar is in his vocabulary, so the partner better be ready for the infirmary.hehe ;D

Offline Compaq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #112 on: Jan 24, 2003 at 01:21 PM »
Hehehe, Yeah I know him (diba his name came from one of the X-men?)
You got what I have in mind hehehe

... yun naman pala. This is great. Honestly, i can't remember his name (pero kung x-men character, huhulaan ko na lang...  ;D). Actually, di ko naman siya na-meet personally. I just had the tapes picked up from the store (kanila ba 'yon?).

So, is he still selling this kind of stuff? UFC i mean (baka kung ano na naman ang isipin mo  ;D).

Cheers!!!
Compaq

Offline Compaq

• DVD Guru
  • Liked:
« Reply #113 on: Jan 24, 2003 at 01:30 PM »
Hey Compaq,
Is that UFC hits 1?What are the fights on the tape?If I haven't seen them, interested in making me a copy?hehe ;D
Elf 8)

Hi Elf

It's UFC Hits 2 -

Fights:
1. Tank Abbott vs. Hugo Duarte 2. Pete Williams vs. Mark Coleman (Overtime-Finish) 3. Vitor Belfort vs. Vanderlei Silva (Full Match) 4. Pedro Rizzo vs. Tank Abbott (0:00-2:44, 6:43-Finish) 5. Tito Ortiz vs. Jerry Bohlander (9:58-Finish) 6. Bas Rutten vs. Tsuyoshi Kosaka (9:25-Finish) 7. Tito Ortiz vs. Guy Mezger (Clipped) 8. Tra Tellingman vs. Pedro Rizzo (Full Match) 9. Royce Alger vs. Eugene Jackson (Full Match) 10. Brad Kohler vs. Steve Judson (Full Match) 11. Frank Shamrock vs. Tito Ortiz (Full Match) 12. Eugene Jackson vs. Kei Yamamiya (Full Match) 13. Tsuyoshi Kosaka vs. Pedro Rizzo (Full Match)

If you want a copy, I can just lend the tape to you (I only have one VHS Player). Let me know :)

... Or, we can try to look for this guy i'm talking about (kilala naman pala ni Xage), he might have new UFC/Pride/K1 fights. Sige na xage, umamin ka na, baka ikaw naman 'yon...  ;D

Wala pa bang Frank Shamrock-Tito Ortiz rematch?

Cheers!!!
Compaq
« Last Edit: Jan 24, 2003 at 01:33 PM by Compaq »

Offline Papi Chulo

• DVD Addict
  • Dare to be wrong and to dream.
  • Liked:
« Reply #114 on: Jan 24, 2003 at 01:35 PM »
I'll be distributing (selling) tickets next month for the next NHB  ;D For some inside info lots of foreigners are coming in to compete it should be a notch better than the last one. Alvin might even compete in the next one. That's definitly a must watch if it pushes through. Anyways if any of you guys are interested Just give me a holler. By the way ELf I'll be catching PRIDE live ! in the summer when I go to Japan I'm still trying to fix my sched. I'm going with a group of friends.

Offline aikigrappler

• DVD Guru
  • irimi nage
  • Liked:
« Reply #115 on: Jan 25, 2003 at 07:44 PM »

If you want a copy, I can just lend the tape to you (I only have one VHS Player). Let me know :)

... Or, we can try to look for this guy i'm talking about (kilala naman pala ni Xage), he might have new UFC/Pride/K1 fights. Sige na xage, umamin ka na, baka ikaw naman 'yon...  ;D
Cheers!!!
Compaq

hehe. ;D Ok lang ba hiramin? ;D Where are you near, maybe we can meet up.Maganda yong fight line up sa UFC hits 2!
O nga naman Xage sino ba yan para matanongan na kung may bagong copies like UFC 40. ;D
Elf 8)

Offline aikigrappler

• DVD Guru
  • irimi nage
  • Liked:
« Reply #116 on: Jan 25, 2003 at 07:53 PM »
I'll be distributing (selling) tickets next month for the next NHB  ;D
Pare alam mo na sagot ko diyan.Reserve me 2 tickets.Hopefully it's the same price as the last time?hehe ;D ;D ;DJust inform me pag available na.Can't wait.

By the way ELf I'll be catching PRIDE live ! in the summer when I go to Japan I'm still trying to fix my sched. I'm going with a group of friends.

Nice!!! ;D Kaingit! Pare bring me home a shirt na lang.hehe.
You started your training na ulit?Tuloy pa rin ako.Hey check out the Pekiti-tirsia thread in pinoyexchange.Uuwi some of their members and is inviting people who inquired and interacted with their thread to train and sabay EB na rin.Pupunta ako, baka gusto mong sumama.Wala pang date pero around Feb daw.
Haven't been to DEFTAC, I plan to check it out soon.
Elf 8)

Offline aikigrappler

• DVD Guru
  • irimi nage
  • Liked:
« Reply #117 on: Jan 25, 2003 at 10:40 PM »
Hey Papi,
Keep on posting inside info on the up-coming NHB. ;D Pare sinong foreign fighters pupunta?Royce Gracie?Woohoo! ;D
Elf 8)

Offline Papi Chulo

• DVD Addict
  • Dare to be wrong and to dream.
  • Liked:
« Reply #118 on: Jan 26, 2003 at 10:17 PM »
ok people it's been moved to april the nhb. And here two foreign guys who have signed on as of the moment hopefully not tentative.

Kazeka Muniz - He's a pretty popular guy you'd actually see a lot his pics and demos on martial arts magazines such as black belt etc. He's been to the Philippines already to do some demos. A former US navy seal too. Very decent. We dotn know yet who he'll be up against.

Jackal - Some Brazillian dude from Barra Gracie he's supposed to be tough. We'll end up seeing him in action hopefully in April.

PAre I also 4 tapes waiting for you if you want to claim them with the Gangster number 1. I'll give you a sched when. Thanks !  

Offline aikigrappler

• DVD Guru
  • irimi nage
  • Liked:
« Reply #119 on: Jan 26, 2003 at 10:27 PM »
Sige just tell me when your available.Sent you a PM.Kung puede bukas na nga eh.hehe. ;D
I'm interested to get the tapes.Could you PM me first the fight line up.Pare baka ma double sa last tapes you gave me. ;D If one of those happens to be UFC 40, I'll get it!!! ;D Same price as we discussed last time?
Elf 8)