Author Topic: CARS (Pixar)  (Read 3675 times)

Offline jojitv

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Into The Blu...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: CARS (Pixar)
« Reply #30 on: Aug 20, 2006 at 09:05 AM »
we will just have to wait for a double dip edition.

haaay, pixar is learning to cash in.  :-\

Having been acquired by Disney, this might become a common practice for Pixar releases.
« Last Edit: Aug 20, 2006 at 09:29 AM by jojitv »
SARS!!!

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #31 on: Aug 20, 2006 at 10:03 AM »
Having been acquired by Disney, this might become a common practice for Pixar releases.

This is purely a Disney decision.  I don't ever recall Pixar releasing single discs movies after they started going into 2-disc releases when they were still a stand alone company.

Oh Disney is so famous for doing that!
« Last Edit: Aug 20, 2006 at 08:25 PM by DVD_Freak »

Offline ranran

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • DVD Guru
  • SOUL PATROL!
  • Liked:
« Reply #32 on: Aug 20, 2006 at 06:42 PM »
'cashing in' is putting it nicely.  i'd define it as 'selling out'!  >:(

Offline jojitv

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Into The Blu...
  • Liked:
« Reply #33 on: Aug 22, 2006 at 09:04 AM »
I've read on another forum that there were several mistakes in the film. I didn't notice it when I watched it though. Here they are.

Mistake #1
When Lightning McQueen is in Radiator Springs and he's trying to fix the road with Bessie the first time, a little bit of asphalt spurts on him and drops on his famous lightning bolt sticker. The size and position of the patch of asphalt changes throughout the movie until it gets washed off.

Mistake #2
During the very last race, Lightning McQueen gets next to the green car, and the reflection of that green car's chrome "C" emblem is seen on Lightning McQueen's hood. However, the C is facing the right way. Since the C is placed on the green car in the correct direction, the reflection on Lighting McQueen should be a mirror image.

Mistake #3
Stock cars always race with slick tires (no tread) and when you see the tires (on and off the cars) at the racetracks in the movie, they're slick. In Radiator Springs however, Lightning's wearing treaded tires, even though he went from the track to the trailer and from the trailer to Springs without a tire swap.

Mistake #4
When Lightning Mcqueen's body is redone in Radiator Springs, the change does stay when he is in the Piston Cup. However, after the Piston Cup, back in Radiator Springs, his body is the re-do, just with the Lightyear wheels instead of his redone ones.
SARS!!!

Offline edboy7

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • My name is Juan Antonio
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 15
« Reply #34 on: Nov 06, 2006 at 01:54 PM »
i think there'll be a 2 disc release next year :)
CARS DVD REVIEW

Offline RadicalDude

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:
« Reply #35 on: Nov 06, 2006 at 02:19 PM »
Hopefully there'll be, because I passed on getting the single disc. I don't want to put it side by side with previous Pixar releases that are 2-disc.
The sun itself sees not 'til heaven clears.