Author Topic: Diffrence of 50 and 60 Hertz A/V receiver  (Read 919 times)

Offline dyames

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • dyames pogi
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Diffrence of 50 and 60 Hertz A/V receiver
« on: Jun 26, 2006 at 06:29 PM »
What will be the effect if im going to connect a 50 hertz ac output  to a 60 hertz ac input?

Offline ATJr.

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
Re: Diffrence of 50 and 60 Hertz A/V receiver
« Reply #1 on: Jun 27, 2006 at 10:12 AM »
What will be the effect if im going to connect a 50 hertz ac output  to a 60 hertz ac input?

your stuff will owrk and ut will work fine, but you have to make sure they are of the same voltage rating...
That's OK, you can like or dislike anything you choose. That's the wonderful thing about the freedom

Offline odyopayl

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • DVD Guru
  • Smell The Flower While You Can............
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jun 27, 2006 at 03:15 PM »
When you are talking about AC supply a 220/50hz & 220/60hz have different average voltage. 50hz & 60hz more or less their difference is 20%. In other word if you are using A/V with rating 50hz it will easily get hot. It's safer the other way around. (using the rated A/V 60hz to 50hz supply).
odyopayl
octaver (wiredstate)

Offline dyames

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • dyames pogi
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jun 27, 2006 at 04:09 PM »
Thanks fot the reply bros, it helps me a lot. well im planning to get one, but im hir abroad and majority of  this stuff are available at 50 hz rating. im choosing for harman kardon avr 235, onkyo tx-sr602, or Denon Avr 1906.
any suggestions on this models will be appreciated.

Offline ATJr.

• Trade Count: (+45)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Leach Amp fan!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jun 28, 2006 at 10:10 AM »
Thanks fot the reply bros, it helps me a lot. well im planning to get one, but im hir abroad and majority of  this stuff are available at 50 hz rating. im choosing for harman kardon avr 235, onkyo tx-sr602, or Denon Avr 1906.
any suggestions on this models will be appreciated.

a 50hz transformer will have more turns than a 60hz one, therefore it will not be a problem if you use a 50hz transformer on a 60hz line. the same can not be said of a 60hz transformer operating on a 50hz line, one has to be carefull. but overall i see no problem either way...

as for choice of avr's, go for what pleases you most, pare-parehas lang yan as far as i am concerned.
That's OK, you can like or dislike anything you choose. That's the wonderful thing about the freedom