Author Topic: US Manufactured Sony DVD Players w/ HDMI (region 1)  (Read 930 times)

Offline mik818

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • gadget freak
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
US Manufactured Sony DVD Players w/ HDMI (region 1)
« on: Jun 28, 2006 at 10:33 PM »
Hello people, I was thinking of buying a Sony DVD player in the US (dvp-ns75h) or (dvp-ns90v) problem is most if not all of the dvd players in the US are restricted to play DVDs encoded in REGION 1

Will i have a problem playing the dvds that I bought from greenhills? What is the region code here in the Phlippines? Thanks!!!
« Last Edit: Jul 12, 2006 at 01:13 PM by mik818 »
Sony SXRD 50"
Pioneer 490DVD w/ HDMI D912k Receiver
Anthony Gallo

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Re: US Manufactured Sony DVD Players w/ HDMI (region 1)
« Reply #1 on: Jun 29, 2006 at 01:51 AM »
What is the region code here in the Phlippines?

region 3.

;D ... i didn't know sony manufacturers dvd players in the US. is this limted to the models you mentioned? are they pricey?
« Last Edit: Jun 29, 2006 at 01:54 AM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline tigkal

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Collector
  • 9 going 10
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 24
« Reply #2 on: Jul 03, 2006 at 06:02 PM »
Mostly pdvd here are region 1. However, there are some region 2. A solution to the problem would be to buy generic players or buy sony dvd player here in phils.

Offline electrohaus_lp

• Trade Count: (+104)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Best Bang for your Buck
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Aug 04, 2006 at 05:09 PM »
Hello people, I was thinking of buying a Sony DVD player in the US (dvp-ns75h) or (dvp-ns90v) problem is most if not all of the dvd players in the US are restricted to play DVDs encoded in REGION 1

Will i have a problem playing the dvds that I bought from greenhills? What is the region code here in the Phlippines? Thanks!!!

If you are referring to pirated discs Then you wont have any problem. Your Sony will play as this are open region disc. But if you are referring to disc bought from legit stores which has a region 3 coding then your player will not play these discs. To make it simple,  if the dvd disc you bought cost below 90 pesos per disc then chances are this is pirated.