Author Topic: User feedback for Wharfedale Diamond DFS?  (Read 2442 times)

Offline zag

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
User feedback for Wharfedale Diamond DFS?
« on: Jul 17, 2006 at 02:56 AM »
hey guys! need some feedback for the wharfedale dfs. i'm in the market for surround speakers to match the 9.1's and 9.cs that i am planning to get for my bedroom setup and was wondering if the dfs would go with them. my other option was getting another pair of 9.1's but because of limited space i am considering the dfs as it can be wall mounted and was planning to mount them a couple of feet above my night stands.

i guess my question is how good are these dfs's? or am i better of getting another pair of 9.1's and just try to find a place to put them?

would appreciate any advice. thanks.

Offline chiemonyo

• Collector
  • Liked:
Re: User feedback for Wharfedale Diamond DFS?
« Reply #1 on: Jul 17, 2006 at 03:08 AM »
Parang set up ko ung sinasabi mo ah.. ;D
I'm using 9.1 as my front, 9CS - Center,9DFS as Surround L and R, 9CS Surround Back. Well for me, mas gusto ko kasi yung surround sound ko is more of ambience type. Not directly radiaiting to my ears kaya DFS and pinili ko. 9DFS effect for me as more enveloping sound, kasi parang d mo ma-localize kung san nangagaling yung sound galing sa gilid mo. Parang nasa paligid mo lang yung naririnig mong effects.  Just me and my .02  ;)

Offline ericag_ph

• DVD Addict
  • Oompa Loompas rule!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Jul 17, 2006 at 06:48 AM »
If you check the wharfedale website.... you will see there that for home theater use, they [highly] recommend DFS (bipolar speakers rather than monopole/regular speakers) for rear surround.   I just bought Diamond DFS (for Diamond 8 ) to replace my monopoles, and they do sound better  (for me at least).   I also back-wall mounted them rather than side-wall mounted them as recommended.
« Last Edit: Jul 17, 2006 at 03:15 PM by ericag_ph »

Offline Hot Mama

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • I Love My Hot Mama!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Jul 17, 2006 at 01:31 PM »
I am also in the market for Diamond DFS... any idea how much for the pair?

thanks!

Offline ericag_ph

• DVD Addict
  • Oompa Loompas rule!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Jul 17, 2006 at 03:09 PM »
Wharfedale DFS 23 = P5500,  Diamond DFS = P4500 at SM Mega.

The two are identical in specs (driver size, material, freq, etc..)  and if you check the wharfedale website,
I think the Diamond DFS is actually the "Diamond 8 DFS 23",
but the "DFS 23" is not the ideal "match" for the Diamond series  (again see website), which doesn't really make sense, since
they have identical specs...  It's possible it's the finishing on the speaker housing -that seems to be the only thing different.

I'm not sure about the Diamond 9 series, I think they're less than 5K for a pair.

oh, btw, my HT room pictures:
http://pinoydvd.com/board/index.php?topic=55046.msg601343#msg601343

I am also in the market for Diamond DFS... any idea how much for the pair?

thanks!
« Last Edit: Jul 18, 2006 at 12:28 AM by ericag_ph »