Author Topic: Abenson sees 300% hike in sales of LCD television  (Read 1505 times)

Offline RU9

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • “While we have time, let us do good”
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
Abenson sees 300% hike in sales of LCD television
« on: Jul 12, 2006 at 11:43 AM »
Abenson sees 300% hike in sales of LCD television
By Marianne V. Go
The Philippine Star 07/12/2006
Abenson, the country’s biggest appliance store network, has seen a 300 percent increase in sales of LCD (liquid crystal display) television sets as Filipinos eagerly adopt the latest technology, according to Abenson president Winston Lim.

In a press briefing, Lim pointed out that television technology is now moving to high definition TVs, primarily through LCDs and plasma.

The old CRT (cathode ray tube) TVs, Lim said, are slowly on their way out.

Filipino consumers, likewise, Lim observed, are increasingly going for bigger screen TVs as they upgrade their entertainment system.

Prices of LCD and plasma TVs, Lim pointed out, have already dropped significantly from two to three years ago.

In fact, Lim said, a 43" big screen projection TV is now being sold by Abenson for P49,995 with a free DVD.

Two to three years ago, Lim revealed, such a TV would retail for P150,000.

Among the market leaders in LCD and plasma TVs, Lim said, are Sony, Philips, Sharp and Samsung.

Abenson, Lim boasted, currently control 35 percent of the market for big screen TVs.

Industry studies, Lim cited, predict that worldwise CRT ownership will decline from 84 percent to 57 percent between 2005 to 2009 as prices correspondingly decline for LCD and plasma TVs

Offline Jett

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Abenson sees 300% hike in sales of LCD television
« Reply #1 on: Aug 06, 2006 at 12:35 AM »
unfortunately, di pa rin digital ang cable.

I've been tempted to buy an LCD TV but the only way I can really maximize use of it is if I use it with my PC or if I watch DVDs.

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #2 on: Aug 06, 2006 at 05:17 AM »
LCD TVs are still generally on the pricey side considering the plunge in prices from previous years.  However with various business establishments offering up to 18mos. installment packages...people might finally take the dip.

For me..baka in two years time pa.  Prices are continually going down and IMHO...prices might level off 2-3years from now.
« Last Edit: Aug 06, 2006 at 05:28 AM by DVD_Freak »

Offline MAtZTER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #3 on: Aug 09, 2006 at 11:38 AM »
LCD is the wave of the future. Thats why I chose it over plasma when I bought mine.

If a mega company like Sony has stopped their R&D  for plasma, they have sufficient research to back that up.