Author Topic: Yamaha Receivers  (Read 406550 times)

Offline hattori_hanzo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • DVD Guru
  • LOUD and CLEAR! Mabuhay ang mga PCCian na bagets!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: LOOKING FOR A YAMAHA RECEIVER!!!
« Reply #2190 on: Nov 10, 2005 at 11:46 AM »
Listening in Style, Shangrila
Listening Room, Megamall
Electronics Depot, Galleria/Ermita
Ambassador, Shangrila
Spectra, Park Square 1
The Home Theater, Tordesillas, Makati

I'm sure marami pa.

Kung san ka malapit :)

Thanks Bro,

Maganda ba talaga ang performance ang Yamaha RX-V750 vs. others under the same category and price range?

Thanks ulit! 
PCCian... kumbento boys!

Pipho (pinoy photography) member

Offline bumblebee

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #2191 on: Nov 10, 2005 at 11:59 AM »
Thanks Bro,

Maganda ba talaga ang performance ang Yamaha RX-V750 vs. others under the same category and price range?

Thanks ulit! 

My 750 recommendation is based on your initial requirements (a 20T Yamaha) ;D

Anyway, my experience w/ receivers is limited to auditioning as I'm into stereo. But the Yamaha is well-built, have great features and is very convenient to setup.

Offline jhunB!

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2192 on: Nov 10, 2005 at 04:06 PM »
mga bro!!... magandang araw sa inyo ulit.... may tanong lang me, my contact number ba kau ng "The HOME THEATER"??
nu ba landline nun at ska sn ba exact location nun??... Baka kasi mas mura yung equipments nila eh.... many tnx ulit!!!

Offline arthurallanj

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #2193 on: Nov 11, 2005 at 08:10 AM »
Thanks Bro,

Thanks ulit! 

It has been popular knowledge that when it comes to Home Theaters, Yamaha has always been at the top. And at this price range, I don't think may mahihingi ka pa. And to think you'd get a future proof receiver.  ;)
Making the most of what I've got

Offline Jason_10

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Collector
  • V6 24V
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
Re: Yamaha Receivers
« Reply #2194 on: Nov 11, 2005 at 09:23 AM »
can you buy a separate yamaha learning remote?
From chaos, comes clarity...

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #2195 on: Nov 11, 2005 at 10:00 AM »
mga bro!!... magandang araw sa inyo ulit.... may tanong lang me, my contact number ba kau ng "The HOME THEATER"??
nu ba landline nun at ska sn ba exact location nun??... Baka kasi mas mura yung equipments nila eh.... many tnx ulit!!!

The Home Theater 8138443, 8125235

Look for Sonny

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #2196 on: Nov 11, 2005 at 10:42 AM »
can you buy a separate yamaha learning remote?

Jasson at Audioworld once quoted me that the RX-V750 remote can be bought separately for $100 (US).

Offline Jason_10

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • Collector
  • V6 24V
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #2197 on: Nov 11, 2005 at 10:49 AM »
Jasson at Audioworld once quoted me that the RX-V750 remote can be bought separately for $100 (US).

wow! :o  thanks! that's about 1/3 the price of my receiver. hehehe.
From chaos, comes clarity...

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #2198 on: Nov 11, 2005 at 11:00 AM »
wow! :o  thanks! that's about 1/3 the price of my receiver. hehehe.

Yeah, that's why it would be wise to go for the 750 instead of getting the 650 and buying the remote, I, myself planned that strategy once.  ;D

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2199 on: Nov 11, 2005 at 11:01 AM »

Why not try this (click) na lang. Touch Screen na with awesome finish pa!  ;D ;D ;D

Offline dulber32

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2200 on: Nov 14, 2005 at 01:10 AM »
I'm interested in upgrading...
I'm looking at the RX-V750 & RX-V650. I can't find any difference between the two except power output.
I'm not concerned about that. I've read there's a phono input on the RX-V750 but I've no use of that.
The question is... for the "minimal" spec difference of the two isn't the RX-V650 a better bang for my peso ???

Offline watson's box

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2201 on: Nov 14, 2005 at 01:58 AM »
I'm looking at the RX-V750 & RX-V650. I can't find any difference between the two except power output.
I'm not concerned about that. I've read there's a phono input on the RX-V750 but I've no use of that.
The question is... for the "minimal" spec difference of the two isn't the RX-V650 a better bang for my peso ???

There is really a little difference between the 650 and the 750. In fact, i think ung remotes lang ung iba. The power outputs, well the little difference there would not be that significant since the 650 by itself would be enough to satisfy ur demand for power. (as in my case) The question is rather would you want to have a silver or gold colored amp. The 650 costs p500 less i think...and is more recognized with the awards it won. (check the yamaha site for this)

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #2202 on: Nov 14, 2005 at 08:45 AM »

Believe me, bro, I went through the same deliberation. I ended up with the 650. The only thing that I want that the 750 has is the learning remote, not the 5-watt power difference, not the component video upconversion. Now, the only question that remains is: Do you think the price difference is worth the remote? I'll leave that to you. Ingat, bro.  ;D

Offline gaol

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #2203 on: Nov 14, 2005 at 10:01 AM »

Aside from the remote, color, and 5wpc difference, the rx-v750 also has component video up-conversion, that is, your video input via composite and s-video input can be upconverted into a component video signal and outputted as such. Good feature if you want to route all your video thru the receiver and have just one component video out going to your tv.

When I bought my rx-v650 early this year, the price difference between the two was more than P5000. That's why I decided then it wasn't worth getting the rx-v750. Now that the price difference is only P1000 or even less (and yet you get all those extra features), I would get the 750.

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #2204 on: Nov 14, 2005 at 10:20 AM »
A price difference of 1000 pesos? I'd go for the 750 myself, if that's the case.  ;D

Offline gaol

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #2205 on: Nov 14, 2005 at 10:26 AM »
A price difference of 1000 pesos? I'd go for the 750 myself, if that's the case.  ;D

Yup, if I'm not mistaken, the 650 is at P19K, and the 750 is now at P20K according to an earlier post.  ;D
« Last Edit: Nov 14, 2005 at 10:26 AM by gaol »

Offline dulber32

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2206 on: Nov 14, 2005 at 10:57 AM »
I better start scouting for prices, then. If the price difference is below 2K I'll go for the 750.
I'll update once I get hold of the current selling prices. Sana may sale pa na kasama ang mga ito by late December.
Thank you very much for all the input  :)

Offline d00dZ

• Collector
  • Wazzzzzap?!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2207 on: Nov 14, 2005 at 02:21 PM »
Share ko lang, while I'm happy with my 650, I could've been more delighted if I stretched for the 750 instead. Ngayon ko lang feel yung itch na hindi learning yung remote ko, plus now that I have a component-capable display (dati kasi s-video lang masaya na ako), the 750 would have given me more flexibility.

May OSD ba 750 sa component? Sa 650 kasi S-video at composite lang yung OSD. That could be one more significant difference.  ;)
BenQPB6100
YamRXV650 7.1
PhiDVP692K
WhaD9(.4/.CS/.SR)
WhaPcub

Offline JFBagadiong

• Collector
  • Attack!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2208 on: Nov 14, 2005 at 02:55 PM »
Hello folks I’m a newbie, Sir bumblebee and aHobbit routed me to here.

I’m  a seafarer and right now I’m still here in Amsterdam. Naka daily dock yung cruise ship namin so I have ample time scouting for my HT speakers. I’m eyeing this B&W DM303 which is on sale here, cost only 300 euro. but according to sir bumblebee its better to buy there in Manila coz its much cheaper at may warranty pa.

My friend will be selling me his YAMAHA RXV995 for Php 20k.neg. he will be downgrading to RXV750. According to him too much power ang RXV995 dahil na damage nito ang Definitive Tech Pro 80 niya. He hooked it up with L/C/R only walang surrounds, the receiver is around 3 years old and in really good condition, maingat naman yung friend ko. but Sir bumblebee told me the price is too high for a 2nd hand receiver, Php 20k is already a brand new receiver. I even saw one thread here 2nd hand RXV995 for only Php12k na lang, totoo ba yun? Can you advice me on how much will the RXV995 be price at? Baka matawaran ko pa yung friend ko hehehe!

Is the RXV750 really good? please enlighten me...

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2209 on: Nov 14, 2005 at 03:02 PM »
According to him too much power ang RXV995 dahil na damage nito ang Definitive Tech Pro 80 niya.

It's likely that the amp clipped (pushed too hard beyond it's capability) so the speakers got damaged. Underpowered amps are more likely to damage a speaker than more powerful ones.

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2210 on: Nov 14, 2005 at 03:09 PM »
Share ko lang din  :). I had a Yammy 650 a few months ago. I was actually happy with it but I wanted more in terms of audio. So I tried a HK 630. It really put a dent to my pocket but the audio was really awesome! BUT, in terms of HT, IMHO, Yammy still shines by a bit. HK was an excellent compromise of good HT and good music, but it still didnt have the kick of a yamaha HT or the kick of a tube amp audio setup.

So IMO, the best way to go in my case was that I should have gotten 2 setups with what I paid for the HK. 1 setup uses Yamaha 750 or 1500 connected to my bookshelf speakers, for HT. And then the next would be an entry-level  integrated tube amp setup connected to my floorstanders for great audio.

This way I get the best of both worlds. Tama si Masta Hans Adrianne, 2 separate setups would be the best way to enjoy the best of audio and HT.

SO go for the 750!

« Last Edit: Nov 14, 2005 at 03:14 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #2211 on: Nov 14, 2005 at 03:32 PM »
sir... anybody got info if yamaha still produces / markets DSP amplifier (center and surrounds) only? around 1998 meron yata yamaha DSP-E492. @ present i use yammy rxv596 front channel pre-out hooked up to nadc320bee main-out. this is a compromise instead of separate HT/audio setup... :)
« Last Edit: Nov 14, 2005 at 08:51 PM by awadeh »

Offline bumblebee

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2212 on: Nov 14, 2005 at 03:39 PM »
sir... anybody got info whether yamaha still produces / markets DSP amplifier (center and surrounds) only? around 1998 meron yata yamaha DSP-E492. @ present i use yammy rxv596 front channel pre-out hooked up to nadc320bee main-out. this is a compromise instead of separate HT/audio setup... :)

Hi awadeh.

You mean you're not using the NAD's preamp section? It's my understanding kc that the preamp affects the sound more than the amp.

Offline ricky

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544
« Reply #2213 on: Nov 14, 2005 at 03:42 PM »
Share ko lang din  :). I had a Yammy 650 a few months ago. I was actually happy with it but I wanted more in terms of audio. So I tried a HK 630. It really put a dent to my pocket but the audio was really awesome! BUT, in terms of HT, IMHO, Yammy still shines by a bit. HK was an excellent compromise of good HT and good music, but it still didnt have the kick of a yamaha HT or the kick of a tube amp audio setup.

So IMO, the best way to go in my case was that I should have gotten 2 setups with what I paid for the HK. 1 setup uses Yamaha 750 or 1500 connected to my bookshelf speakers, for HT. And then the next would be an entry-level  integrated tube amp setup connected to my floorstanders for great audio.

This way I get the best of both worlds. Tama si Masta Hans Adrianne, 2 separate setups would be the best way to enjoy the best of audio and HT.

SO go for the 750!

Ganda talaga yammy for ht thats why i still have my rxv850 for a long time na. ;D

Offline oweidah

• Trade Count: (+61)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 633
« Reply #2214 on: Nov 14, 2005 at 03:46 PM »
Hi awadeh.
You mean you're not using the NAD's preamp section? It's my understanding kc that the preamp affects the sound more than the amp.
bumblebee, i dont use nad-preamp section. bale yammy =frontchannel preamp out connected to nad main-in. yammy functions as amp for center/surrounds and as preamp/processor. oks naman sound quality-both HT and audio.
« Last Edit: Nov 14, 2005 at 08:52 PM by awadeh »

Offline voj

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • DVD Addict
  • Ephesians 2:8-9
  • Liked:
« Reply #2215 on: Nov 14, 2005 at 05:07 PM »
Hello folks I’m a newbie, Sir bumblebee and aHobbit routed me to here.

I’m  a seafarer and right now I’m still here in Amsterdam. Naka daily dock yung cruise ship namin so I have ample time scouting for my HT speakers. I’m eyeing this B&W DM303 which is on sale here, cost only 300 euro. but according to sir bumblebee its better to buy there in Manila coz its much cheaper at may warranty pa.

My friend will be selling me his YAMAHA RXV995 for Php 20k.neg. he will be downgrading to RXV750. According to him too much power ang RXV995 dahil na damage nito ang Definitive Tech Pro 80 niya. He hooked it up with L/C/R only walang surrounds, the receiver is around 3 years old and in really good condition, maingat naman yung friend ko. but Sir bumblebee told me the price is too high for a 2nd hand receiver, Php 20k is already a brand new receiver. I even saw one thread here 2nd hand RXV995 for only Php12k na lang, totoo ba yun? Can you advice me on how much will the RXV995 be price at? Baka matawaran ko pa yung friend ko hehehe!

Is the RXV750 really good? please enlighten me...

I think your "friend" is not downgrading.  Though the RXV750 may be lower in power rating than the RXV995, it is a newer model with lots of additional features (995 is only 5.1 while 750 is 7.1 for starters).  I had the pleasure of owning an RXV995 which I bought second hand for 14k, but that was years ago.  I'm now using an RXV2200 which I have for quite a while already also
« Last Edit: Nov 14, 2005 at 05:10 PM by vojdiaz »

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #2216 on: Nov 15, 2005 at 09:52 AM »
Share ko lang, while I'm happy with my 650, I could've been more delighted if I stretched for the 750 instead. Ngayon ko lang feel yung itch na hindi learning yung remote ko, plus now that I have a component-capable display (dati kasi s-video lang masaya na ako), the 750 would have given me more flexibility.

May OSD ba 750 sa component? Sa 650 kasi S-video at composite lang yung OSD. That could be one more significant difference.  ;)

We got the same dilemma. But the time I bought my 650, there was a price difference of about 6~7K, kaya my pocket was still my master. The learning remote is mainly my regret, Yamaha remotes are great, so it would have been even better if my remote had learning capabilites, but other than that. None na. I still connect my video sources directly to my TV, which to me is still the best way to go. I use my OSD via S-video lang to calibrate, but it doesn't seem neccesary when I actually watch movies using component outputs.  ;D

Offline JFBagadiong

• Collector
  • Attack!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2217 on: Nov 15, 2005 at 01:36 PM »
Folks, I need your opinion, is this a good deal? 2nd hand YAMAHA RXV995 for Php. 15T to 12T. try ko lang i-bargain yung friend ko for that receiver, hehehe! sana pumayag, he originally quoted me Php. 20T, but if it goes higher than Php. 15T should I go for the brand new?

Offline ricky

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544
« Reply #2218 on: Nov 15, 2005 at 01:41 PM »
Folks, I need your opinion, is this a good deal? 2nd hand YAMAHA RXV995 for Php. 15T to 12T. try ko lang i-bargain yung friend ko for that receiver, hehehe! sana pumayag, he originally quoted me Php. 20T, but if it goes higher than Php. 15T should I go for the brand new?

Bro IMHO i think you have the money naman so better get the latest and brand new unit considering na small price difference lang naman ang pinaguusapan,may warranty ka pa. ;)

Offline arthurallanj

• DVD Guru
  • Good Begets Good
  • Liked:
« Reply #2219 on: Nov 15, 2005 at 03:44 PM »

At 15K, I'd go for a 450. Heck, I'd still opt for even a 440. Add a few thousand more, you can get a 650. Just me, though.  ;D