Author Topic: Yamaha Receivers  (Read 409121 times)

Offline deo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • 'Evening...commissioner :D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
Re: Yamaha Receivers
« Reply #2430 on: May 18, 2006 at 06:23 AM »
MAY BALAK KASING BUMILI NUNG ISA JAN...KASI NA INCREASAN ANG SWELDO... :d MAG AVR435 NA KASI :p OR DENON 3105..SUREBALL! HEHEHEHE!!! :p

Any Yamaha RX-V450 - B&W 602s3 users out there. Just wanted to know if they would match. Or does the speaker need a more powerful avr? Thanks.

Offline jojitv

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Into The Blu...
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
« Reply #2431 on: May 18, 2006 at 06:47 AM »
MAY BALAK KASING BUMILI NUNG ISA JAN...KASI NA INCREASAN ANG SWELDO... :d MAG AVR435 NA KASI :p OR DENON 3105..SUREBALL! HEHEHEHE!!! :p

naku!!! doble gastos yan. Speakers na lang muna babalakin ko.  ;D
SARS!!!

Offline MAtZTER

• Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #2432 on: May 18, 2006 at 12:10 PM »
Any Yamaha RX-V450 - B&W 602s3 users out there. Just wanted to know if they would match. Or does the speaker need a more powerful avr? Thanks.

I was a 450 user when I started my first separates.

You DEFINITELY need at least a Yamaha 1400/1500/1600 to power your B&W's, or higher models to make them sound their best.

Also, try Yamaha 650 w/ pre outs and Rotel power amp. Rotels are said to be a good match for B&W since the B&W factory use Rotels to test their speakers.

gastos! gastos! gastos!  ;D
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006 at 02:03 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline audibleillusions

• Collector
  • Hi-fi, HT,Professional Audio and Video Store
  • Liked:
« Reply #2433 on: May 18, 2006 at 03:24 PM »

AUDIBLE ILLUSIONS AUDIBLE ILLUSIONS AUDIBLE ILLUSIONS AUDIBLE ILLUSIONS AUDIBLE ILLUSIONS AUDIBLE ILLUSIONS AUDIBLE ILLUSIONS AUDIBLE ILLUSIONS
HI TO EVERYONE
NEW HERE IN THIS PLACE
just want to let you know that the location of the store is @ 50D TIMOG AVENUE. QUEZON CITY
FEEL FREE TO DROP BY VISIT THE PLACE

or call us 3743620

BOS TRY NYO RIN DITO SA AMIN
RX-V457 AND MONITOR AUDIO RS1

THE BETTER SOUND FOR BUDGETED PRICE

Offline jojitv

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Into The Blu...
  • Liked:
« Reply #2434 on: May 19, 2006 at 02:21 AM »
I was a 450 user when I started my first separates.

You DEFINITELY need at least a Yamaha 1400/1500/1600 to power your B&W's, or higher models to make them sound their best.

Also, try Yamaha 650 w/ pre outs and Rotel power amp. Rotels are said to be a good match for B&W since the B&W factory use Rotels to test their speakers.

gastos! gastos! gastos!  ;D

nakow!!! gastos nga talaga yan. So you think an amp upgrade would be a better path?  ???

AUDIBLE ILLUSIONS AUDIBLE ILLUSIONS AUDIBLE ILLUSIONS AUDIBLE ILLUSIONS AUDIBLE ILLUSIONS AUDIBLE ILLUSIONS AUDIBLE ILLUSIONS AUDIBLE ILLUSIONS
HI TO EVERYONE
NEW HERE IN THIS PLACE
just want to let you know that the location of the store is @ 50D TIMOG AVENUE. QUEZON CITY
FEEL FREE TO DROP BY VISIT THE PLACE

or call us 3743620

BOS TRY NYO RIN DITO SA AMIN
RX-V457 AND MONITOR AUDIO RS1

THE BETTER SOUND FOR BUDGETED PRICE

Thanks for the invite sir. Will try and visit your shop one of these days. The more choices, the better.

May installment ba kayo?  hihihi ;D
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006 at 02:22 AM by jojitv »
SARS!!!

Offline Lawin

• Collector
  • Trust in the Lord . . .
  • Liked:
Re: Yamaha Receivers (750 Speaker set-up Question)
« Reply #2435 on: Jun 05, 2006 at 04:32 PM »
Hi guys!

I noticed that when I changed the 750's LFe out from sub ; fronts or BOTH. Mas malakas ang bass pagkanaka BOTH. Pag nag-fronts lang ako manipis ang BASS coming out from my Euros8 tower ( I asked this before in the Daichi speakers thread), bag subwoofer out naman syempre ma-improve ng subwoofer yung BASS. Hindi ko kasi maenjoy ang stereo mode listening lang using my Euro's8 tower lang dahil medyo manipis nga BASS.

Is this normal  ??? ?Medyo concern lang ako if its my Yamaha or the Euro'8 or mali ang set-up ko. Appreciate your comments

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2436 on: Jun 05, 2006 at 05:04 PM »
nakow!!! gastos nga talaga yan. So you think an amp upgrade would be a better path?  ???

Lol, either an amp upgrade or a speaker downgrade  ;D.

The power amp option is a practical path if you come to think of it. You only need to buy the good power amp once and every time there are new technologies, upgrade the (mid level) processor/AVR w/ pre outs and you can still retain the power amp.

Hi guys!

I noticed that when I changed the 750's LFe out from sub ; fronts or BOTH. Mas malakas ang bass pagkanaka BOTH. Pag nag-fronts lang ako manipis ang BASS coming out from my Euros8 tower ( I asked this before in the Daichi speakers thread), bag subwoofer out naman syempre ma-improve ng subwoofer yung BASS. Hindi ko kasi maenjoy ang stereo mode listening lang using my Euro's8 tower lang dahil medyo manipis nga BASS.

Is this normal  ??? ?Medyo concern lang ako if its my Yamaha or the Euro'8 or mali ang set-up ko. Appreciate your comments

I went to my bro in law's house yesterday and listened to his Yamaha 650 with Monitor audio B2 (bookshelf).

I did the same things you did (2 channel only, w/ sub, etc.) and came up with the same observation.
« Last Edit: Jun 05, 2006 at 05:31 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline hattori_hanzo

• DVD Guru
  • LOUD and CLEAR! Mabuhay ang mga PCCian na bagets!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2437 on: Jun 05, 2006 at 05:57 PM »
Hi guys!

bro same here,...

when listening to DSP rock concert, dance, I set the subwoofer to both, bass would be present at the sub and it pumps punchy and very good...

when listening to DSP concert hall, jazz I set the subwoofer to sw, then turn on the bass boost button and tada! bass would have a over all tonal balance with the fronts...

when watching HT, enhanced DD or DTS, I set the subwoofer to sw only, then LFE will be sent to the sub... it only activates the sub when an LFE signal is present...(like explosions, car hits, bombs go off etc. etc.) but mostly the sub is silent...

;) good thing about Yamaha is their zone 2 switch, can be used as a pre amp for the T-amp hehehe!
PCCian... kumbento boys!

Pipho (pinoy photography) member

Offline audibleillusions

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2438 on: Jun 06, 2006 at 11:54 AM »

According to yamaha

notes:

when multi channel signals ( Dolby digital and DTS) are input they are downmixed to 2 channels and output from the front left and right speakers.

when BASS OUT is set to both, or FRONT set to SMALL and BASS OUT Set to SWFR, from left and right speakers low-frequency signals are redirected to the subwoofer

Offline audibleillusions

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #2439 on: Jun 16, 2006 at 02:19 PM »
^

Offline Dracula

• DVD Addict
  • There is a choice...death or immortality....
  • Liked:
« Reply #2440 on: Jun 30, 2006 at 08:24 AM »
do wharfedale diamond 9s pair well with yamaha receivers?

Offline FlyMe

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2441 on: Jul 01, 2006 at 10:36 AM »
I wanna try Yamaha this time. Anyone got the 659? please give some feed backs.

Corect me if I'm wrong, aside from more power in audio, the difference between the 659 and the 1600/2600 is the HDMI handling, descaling and upscaling.

Looking at these three amps... I dont need the power of the 1600 and 2600 but I need the HDMI out, descaling and upcaling features... Leaning towards the 2600 becasue of upscaling capabilities.

Another option I have is get the 659 and connect the dvd straight to the projector...

Hmmm...

Offline sillyputty

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2442 on: Jul 02, 2006 at 03:03 PM »
you might want to rethink the hdmi handling feature...

do you have hdmi capable players?
do you have hdmi capable display? is this display big enough to actually show the diff between the multiple video resolutions.

kapag may sagot na NO e baka di mo kailangan yung hdmi switching
pero syempre iba din yung future-proof na yung bibilhin mo hehehe

Offline dts-HD 3D

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #2443 on: Jul 02, 2006 at 06:46 PM »
hindi pa din yta 'future proof' ang 2600 since hdmi ver. 1.1 lang ang specs nya. I have read that  Dolby TrueHD and dtsHD is only supported on ver. 1.3 :-\

BTW, meron na ba 659 dito sa atin? Last week I scouted for one pero wala pa daw? Balak ko na palitan yung yammy ko na antigo.

Offline FlyMe

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2444 on: Jul 02, 2006 at 09:22 PM »
Thanks for the reply sillyputty,

My display is capable of receiving HDMI but only 480p. Currently, I'm using a 70 x70 screen and will be upgrading to 45 x 80 when I find the right screen.

As for the DVD player, I plan to get the Denon 1920...

Now as for the amp, I'm not sure what get.

With all the hype of HDMI, I want to dive into it and give it a try.

659 available at audioworld...

Offline dts-HD 3D

• Trade Count: (+60)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 16
« Reply #2445 on: Jul 02, 2006 at 11:38 PM »
ok. . .sa audioworld pala meron.

Offline Music4Life

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2446 on: Jul 03, 2006 at 01:29 AM »

I replaced my 5 year old Yamaha  RX-V420 (5.1 channels), sell it to my brother in law together with the Yamaha satellite speaker and the Sub. I bought last week the RX-V659 to drive my CM1 (front), Heco Signature Center, Magnat Sub and the Bose Acoustimass 5 v.2 as Bipolar surround speakers. I am so happy with the upgrade. The difference between my old and new yamaha is really obvious. The 659's sound is more refined, clearer, sweeter and authoritative. The YPAO's is really nice. No need to set it up manually (tho you can), the machine will do it for you. Just make sure, before you use this function, your surrounding is peaceful and quiet. I haven't touch any of the features (no time). Just set it up, plug the ypao's microphone then in an instant your done. This is also a quite heavy machine which will tell you, something's very important inside. I need a set of speakers for the 6th and the 7th channel. I don't think there are DVD movies right now that is recorded in 7.1 channels. Didn't the Dolby Digital and the DTS are recorded in 5.1 channels? Question is, do I need a pair of speakers? Oh one more thing, the yamaha's remote control is a universal RC. You can use this to control your DVD, TV, CDP, 2 channel amp.
« Last Edit: Jul 03, 2006 at 01:31 AM by Music4Life »

Offline DVD_Freak

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
« Reply #2447 on: Jul 03, 2006 at 06:16 AM »

I replaced my 5 year old Yamaha  RX-V420 (5.1 channels), sell it to my brother in law together with the Yamaha satellite speaker and the Sub. I bought last week the RX-V659 to drive my CM1 (front), Heco Signature Center, Magnat Sub and the Bose Acoustimass 5 v.2 as Bipolar surround speakers. I am so happy with the upgrade. The difference between my old and new yamaha is really obvious. The 659's sound is more refined, clearer, sweeter and authoritative. The YPAO's is really nice. No need to set it up manually (tho you can), the machine will do it for you. Just make sure, before you use this function, your surrounding is peaceful and quiet. I haven't touch any of the features (no time). Just set it up, plug the ypao's microphone then in an instant your done. This is also a quite heavy machine which will tell you, something's very important inside. I need a set of speakers for the 6th and the 7th channel. I don't think there are DVD movies right now that is recorded in 7.1 channels. Didn't the Dolby Digital and the DTS are recorded in 5.1 channels? Question is, do I need a pair of speakers? Oh one more thing, the yamaha's remote control is a universal RC. You can use this to control your DVD, TV, CDP, 2 channel amp.

How much is it?  Thanks.

Offline FlyMe

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2448 on: Jul 03, 2006 at 08:19 AM »
Question is, do I need a pair of speakers? Oh one more thing, the yamaha's remote control is a universal RC. You can use this to control your DVD, TV, CDP, 2 channel amp.

Same question I have, is there a big diff if we add pairfor the 6th and 7th?

Music4Life,

Thanks for the 659 info.

As for the remote, I'm sure you can use it for the DVD, TV and others. Just go through the manual. I'm afraid you have to squeeze it in your busy schedule. Another nice option is third universal remote, Matz I think still has one on stock.
« Last Edit: Jul 03, 2006 at 08:20 AM by FlyMe »

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2449 on: Jul 03, 2006 at 10:33 AM »

Corect me if I'm wrong, aside from more power in audio, the difference between the 659 and the 1600/2600 is the HDMI handling, descaling and upscaling.

Looking at these three amps... I dont need the power of the 1600 and 2600 but I need the HDMI out, descaling and upcaling features... Leaning towards the 2600 becasue of upscaling capabilities.

Another option I have is get the 659 and connect the dvd straight to the projector...

If you dont need the power of the 1600/2600. Then its more practical to get a good upscaling DVD player instead. I have seen the 2600 upscaling a composite signal to component, and it didnt look that good on a 32" LCD TV (ano pa kaya on a bigger display). It was very grainy and didnt look like component picture at all. I also read at a review at audioholics.com that the upscaling features of the 2600 are not as good (of course) as other scalers since its just an added feature.

Offline ricky

• Trade Count: (+68)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Duh?
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 544
« Reply #2450 on: Jul 03, 2006 at 10:56 AM »
Flyme Tama si matz ,if you want to go into HDMI connections better get the dvd player with HDMI output and connect it directly to your monitor.You dont need to hook it up to your AVR before the monitor since it would only require you additional cables(expensive :( ) and might contribute to signal loss pa kung marami pang links na dadaanan. The best pa din yung direct connections. And bro you mentioned that your display can only handle up to 480p so getting a dvd player or AVR with HDMI will only be a waste of money since you cannot get the maximum resolution out of it (i.e. 720p,1080i or 1080p) since your monitor limited only to 480p. With 480p displays ok na ok na yung COMPONENT connection, so just get the AVR with the highest power rating that you can afford instead of spending for dvdp and HDMI cables. saka na lang bro pag yung display/monitor mo can handle 720p and up resolutions ;)

Offline Music4Life

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2451 on: Jul 03, 2006 at 11:07 AM »
How much is it?  Thanks.

I'm from Hong Kong. I bought it for HK$3,600 it is around PHP24,600.

I am upgrading my electronics in the past few weeks. I sold my old one to my brother in law and I still have NAD C340 lying around. It is still a very good amp.

My new stuff are: NAD C521BEE + C372 + B&W CM1 for stereo listening.
Yamaha 659 for movies. I use my old Bose AM5II as a bipolar surround speaker.

The 659 is a bit bright in my ears as far as music is concerned. Kelangan ng warmer sounding CDP to balance it out. Still, it is a decent 2 channel stereo amp. Activate the "Pure Direct" and you have a 140 watts of power each channel.

Offline Music4Life

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2452 on: Jul 03, 2006 at 11:17 AM »

Music4Life, Thanks for the 659 info.

Hindi ko pa nasusubukan and 6th & 7th channel. I'm sure it is there for a purpose. Question is, do I need it? DD and DTS are recorded in a 5.1 channels.

Offline FlyMe

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2453 on: Jul 03, 2006 at 12:54 PM »
Matz and Ricky, thanks for the advice. You're right, its just the HDMI bug biting me. Will take your advice, will probably get a denon 1920 and hook it up directly to my projector... Hmmm, should I sell my 480p and get a AE? Heh.... Maybe...

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2454 on: Jul 03, 2006 at 01:59 PM »

Hindi ko pa nasusubukan and 6th & 7th channel. I'm sure it is there for a purpose. Question is, do I need it? DD and DTS are recorded in a 5.1 channels.

I have a 7.1 setup, you can see it at the HT gallery. Cool na cool pag may 6th & 7th Channel when watching some DTS-ES & DD-EX titles (though not that many releases). Lalo na Asian releases, they tend to use (/exagerate) surrounds, left-right front to back panning a lot. I just watched Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence last night, galing ng surround sequences! Lalo na 6th & 7th channel utilization nya

Other movies with cool 6th & 7th channel action:
Monsters Inc. DTS-ES (Boo crying in Mike's apartment)
Hero DTS-ES (Blue Room)
HOFD DTS-ES (pebble throwing/ drum room)
SE7EN (NLPs) DTS-ES, lots of surrounds
Domino DTS-ES
Texas Chainsaw Massacre DTS-ES
The Promise DTS-ES (Wuhuan vs Snow Wolf scene)

But like I said, 7.1 releases are few and those sequences using the full medium are only few as well. So depending on your level of HT enthusiasm  ;),  5.1 is ok na rin.
« Last Edit: Jul 03, 2006 at 02:25 PM by MAtZTER »

Offline Music4Life

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2455 on: Jul 03, 2006 at 02:09 PM »
For now, I don't think a pair of speakers for 6th & 7th channels are necessary. Just as I thought, pasulpot sulpot lang naman yung effects na lalabas sa kanya, wag na lang. Maybe it will be a max. of 5 minute effect in a 2 hour movie. Not worth it.

Offline 5Speed

• Collector
  • It's me..
  • Liked:
« Reply #2456 on: Jul 03, 2006 at 05:58 PM »
I have a 6.1 setup and all I can say is paminsan minsan lang tumutunog yung back surround ko...kapag DTS-es lang yung dvd na pinapanood ko nagkakaron ng action yung back surround, other than that eh nakatambay lang sya don sa likuran ;D

pag nag-6 channel stereo naman ako pakikinig ng cd eh parang ang gulo ng tunog....hehehehe so naka-two channel direct ako kapag cd listening lang....

so sa ngayon eh wla syang masyadong gamit, unless lang na puro me DTS-es na recording ang bibilihin mong DVD.... :)

Offline classicman

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #2457 on: Jul 03, 2006 at 06:22 PM »
pag ordinary 5.1dd or dts encoded lang ang disc na pinapanood, try nyong ilagay sa "Spectacle" ang DSP mode then press "Extd. Sur." button on your remote para maging "Dolby EX" or "ES Matrix" sya & para tumunog ang sorround backs (6th/7th speakers) nyo 8)

Offline Music4Life

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2458 on: Jul 04, 2006 at 01:09 AM »
pag ordinary 5.1dd or dts encoded lang ang disc na pinapanood, try nyong ilagay sa "Spectacle" ang DSP mode then press "Extd. Sur." button on your remote para maging "Dolby EX" or "ES Matrix" sya & para tumunog ang sorround backs (6th/7th speakers) nyo 8)

Geez, thanks for an informative advice. Honestly, I haven't explore the manual yet. Just want that machine to work right away.

Offline Stoned Wall

• Collector
  • D is for DVD, that's good enough for me!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2459 on: Jul 04, 2006 at 03:48 PM »
How much is it?  Thanks.

A friend of mine got his RX-V659 at Sight and Sound Shangri-la mall for Php27.1k. FYI.