Author Topic: Superman: The Ultimate Collection/Christopher Reeve Collection/Donner Cut  (Read 13089 times)

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
Our copies are fine. If you purchased the R3 UC, Superman III contains all of the features missing from the R1. The isolated issue with R1 version probably occurred when Burbank sent the masters to the various factories that replicated the discs.

It's easy to tell: play your Superman III disc SE/UC and if you get the language selection menu, the Superman and Superman Returns trailers followed by the SE menu then you're fine.
« Last Edit: Nov 25, 2006 at 04:06 PM by firewired »
PinoyDVD: The Pinoy Digital Video & Devices Community

Offline seph1018

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • DVD Guru
  • You are not your DVD/BD collection!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 3
All I can say is...Thank God that I'm a cheapskate. ;) I guess we got the better end of the deal... ;D
... if this is your first night at Fight Club, you have to fight.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
Official Statement from Warner (USA):

Bonus content was omitted from the "Superman III: Deluxe Edition" in the 14-disc "Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition." Furthermore, disc one of "Superman: The Movie - Four Disc Special Edition" did not include the Dolby Digital 2.0 mix. Neither disc is known to be physically defective in any way.

Warner Home Video wants to extend apologies to all of our loyal Superman fans who've waited so patiently for these great collections and has taken immediate steps to correct these errors with the intention of standing behind our product 100%.

Replacement discs can be obtained by calling: 800-553-6937 between the hours of 7 AM and 7 PM Pacific Standard Time. The exchange program applies only to purchases of the "Superman III: Deluxe Edition" in the "Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition" and to disc one of "Superman: The Movie - Four Disc Special Edition," available as a single title, as well as in "The Christopher Reeve Superman Collection" and in the "Superman Ultimate Collector's Edition."
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 12
Somebody from Warner is getting fired over this....VP-Operations!

Offline Koolkat

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Kawaiii!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 152
One of the rare instances that I'm glad I bought the r3 version.
SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!

Offline pioneer

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Ganyan kahusay mag spot ng errors ang ating PinoyDVD members. Keep it up guys.  ;)
Kentobiminekekwek !!!

Offline dakeldani

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
Did all of the guys that pre-ordered this on Amazon canceled theirs?

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
I cancelled my R1 order after knowing that Warner US will only offer replacements to US and Canadian residents.

:(

Offline jojitv

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Into The Blu...
  • Liked:
Good thing I cancelled my order.  :)
SARS!!!

Offline otogi

• Trade Count: (+37)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
One of the rare instances that I'm glad I bought the r3 version.

yup yup. I'm glad too.  Pre-order price is cheaper too

Offline edgar23

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Hi. May I know the difference between the R1 and R3 version? I checked the R3 version and it only says 13 discs while the R1 has 14 discs. What is missing in R3? The reason why I'm asking is because that's the only reason why im hesitant to buy the R3 version.

Any info will be greatly appreciated :)

Offline boredfilmmaker

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
Hi. May I know the difference between the R1 and R3 version? I checked the R3 version and it only says 13 discs while the R1 has 14 discs. What is missing in R3? The reason why I'm asking is because that's the only reason why im hesitant to buy the R3 version.

Any info will be greatly appreciated :)

The missing disc is the Video Diary of Brian Singer..

http://pinoydvd.com/board/index.php?topic=58119.msg636028#msg636028

Offline baby

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Guru
  • who are you calling a llama???
  • Liked:
My orders of superman collection was moved to Dec 14.  I think they will replace all stocks of superman to the correct versions.

Offline edgar23

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
Thanks for the info :)

Offline dakeldani

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
My order from Amazon just arrived, luckily the defects mentioned were not present......

Offline RadicalDude

• DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:
dakeldani, when did you order yours? when was it shipped? just curious...
« Last Edit: Dec 12, 2006 at 07:56 AM by RadicalDude »
The sun itself sees not 'til heaven clears.

Offline dakeldani

• Apprentice
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
dakeldani, when did you order yours? when was it shipped? just curious...

pre-ordered last month and shipped december 1....

maybe just lucky...

Offline RadicalDude

• DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:
If that's the case, then it's not true that all initial releases have defects.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
Most of the online reports I've seen where the set was defective were in cases where the set shipped before the official R1 release date, November 28th. Warner was aware of the problem by then, and considering this set shipped out 3 days after the street date, it was probably already corrected.

Offline Atticus

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • Collector
  • In the end, only kindness matters.
  • Liked:
So does this mean that it is now safe to order the R1 version from let's say Amazon?

Offline baby

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Guru
  • who are you calling a llama???
  • Liked:
So does this mean that it is now safe to order the R1 version from let's say Amazon?
yes it's safe now.  If it still have problems then return it to sender.

Offline RadicalDude

• DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:
I was very upset last night when I opened my package for this. Alright, I did have the correct version of Superman I and III, what made me furious is that the disc "You Will Believe: The Cinematic Saga of Superman" is not included. What I got is duplicate copies of the 2nd disc of Superman Returns!!!  >:( >:( >:(

This is the first time I experienced this from a R1 boxed set. UNBELIEVABLE!!!
« Last Edit: Dec 14, 2006 at 08:11 AM by RadicalDude »

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
I was very upset last night when I opened my package for this. Alright, I did have the correct version of Spuerman I and III, what made me furious is that the disc "You Will Believe: The Cinematic Saga of Superman" is not included. What I got is duplicate copies of the 2nd disc of Superman Returns!!!  >:( >:( >:(

unfortunate nga, pa refund mo sir......

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
I was very upset last night when I opened my package for this. Alright, I did have the correct version of Superman I and III, what made me furious is that the disc "You Will Believe: The Cinematic Saga of Superman" is not included. What I got is duplicate copies of the 2nd disc of Superman Returns!!!  >:( >:( >:(

Take a pic & send it via e-mail if you got it from Amazon.  They'll refund it and you'll get to keep that set.

Offline RadicalDude

• DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:
It's from Amazon. I already sent request for replacement this morning and what I got is the automated reply saying that I should contact Warner Home Video....

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
Use the report a problem function of the site and word your complaint strongly. Tell them this is a different problem from the Superman I/III issues, so it does not fall under the "report to Warner" standard reply they've been giving.

This has happened to me with Amazon in the past, where a boxed set contained a duplicate disc and as such, a missing one. Word your complaint such that you make it clear you just want one disc replaced, that way they'll know you're not someone who likes to take advantage of their customer service and get duplicates of titles despite their being intact (which happens a lot if you read some of the atrocious posts on these boards from people who even indirectly brag about doing it).

Mine was worded something like: "I DO NOT want a replacement set, I have no use for it and it will just add clutter to my home. I just want you to send me Disc 2. If you would like, I will send you back the duplicate Disc 3, then you can process my request after you've received it. I can send it by registered mail."

Their email told me they cannot send single disc replacements for boxed sets, and to just keep the incorrect set with their compliments and their apologies. When I received the replacement set, it was actually UNSEALED, and had a handwritten Post-It stuck on the top: "Opened for inspection purposes to confirm proper disc contents."

Let us know how it works out.
« Last Edit: Dec 14, 2006 at 09:48 AM by Mr. Hankey »

Offline RadicalDude

• DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:
Thanks Mr. Hankey.

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
Use the report a problem function of the site and word your complaint strongly. Tell them this is a different problem from the Superman I/III issues, so it does not fall under the "report to Warner" standard reply they've been giving.

This has happened to me with Amazon in the past, where a boxed set contained a duplicate disc and as such, a missing one. Word your complaint such that you make it clear you just want one disc replaced, that way they'll know you're not someone who likes to take advantage of their customer service and get duplicates of titles despite their being intact (which happens a lot if you read some of the atrocious posts on these boards from people who even indirectly brag about doing it).

Mine was worded something like: "I DO NOT want a replacement set, I have no use for it and it will just add clutter to my home. I just want you to send me Disc 2. If you would like, I will send you back the duplicate Disc 3, then you can process my request after you've received it. I can send it by registered mail."

Their email told me they cannot send single disc replacements for boxed sets, and to just keep the incorrect set with their compliments and their apologies. When I received the replacement set, it was actually UNSEALED, and had a handwritten Post-It stuck on the top: "Opened for inspection purposes to confirm proper disc contents."

To add and emphasize my point earlier...take a pic showing the duplicate discs and send as attachment.  At least nakikita nila na talagang doble.

Offline RadicalDude

• DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:

Just fyi. I did write them about the problem (attaching the pics also) but still, they insisted that for me to call Warner's hotline. Then I requested for a refund, and they replied for me to return the set before they'll do the refund. Oh well...

Offline DVD_Freak

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Life is a Blessing
  • Liked:
Just fyi. I did write them about the problem (attaching the pics also) but still, they insisted that for me to call Warner's hotline. Then I requested for a refund, and they replied for me to return the set before they'll do the refund. Oh well...

That was rather rude bro.  First time I heard of Amazon's customer service that inefficient.

:o