Author Topic: NEXTBASE DVD  (Read 247055 times)

Offline Bluebeard

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Go4it
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re:NEXTBASE DVD
« Reply #1530 on: Jan 08, 2004 at 10:22 AM »
I backed-up/burned an orig DVD (CATS the broadway musical) to a DVD-RW and a DVD+RW and both played flawlessly in my Nextbase 9000 and and brod's Xenon 819D.

Used a Lite-on LDW-411S.

Galing-galing!!  ;D

Offline cyborjs

• Apprentice
  • what's up duck!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1531 on: Jan 08, 2004 at 12:45 PM »
ANYBODY TRIED TO PLAY DIVX OR MPEG-4 TO YOUR PLAYER NB, KEBAO, SKYWORTH, AND ANY GENERIC. PLS TELL ME  WHICH OF THE PLAYER IS CAN  :o ::) :'(

Offline Bluebeard

• Collector
  • Go4it
  • Liked:
« Reply #1532 on: Jan 08, 2004 at 07:31 PM »
To continue re my Liteon DVD writer:
Bad news. My slim 9000 can't read DVD+r disks
 :(

whereas the Xenon 810D can.
 :)  

Offline keiko

• Apprentice
  • Shhh...
  • Liked:
« Reply #1533 on: Jan 12, 2004 at 02:09 PM »
just bought the NextBase 9900 model. found it to be a real blast than the small mv model.

I returned the small mv(handy dvd player) model due to faulty playing of region ALL discs...it was such a waste.

Offline alvin

• Collector
  • eskerovalatzky!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1534 on: Jan 14, 2004 at 04:19 PM »
all nextbase owners,

can nextbase play WMA files on CD-R or CD-RW?

Offline johndoe

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1535 on: Jan 17, 2004 at 12:40 PM »
my friend recently bought mdv1..ayaw daw mgload ng dvds like swordfish and dreamcather(orig)..why is that?

Offline jake_kash

• Collector
  • "I'm allergic to bullsh*t"
  • Liked:
« Reply #1536 on: Jan 17, 2004 at 04:43 PM »
hi,

I saw the Nextbase DVD-9000 silver aluminum BULKY version kahapon in quiapo. This is what i can say:

1. At the back, it only has S-video, yellow video out jack, RGB video jacks, Two Left, Two Right Audio jacks, optical out jack and one more coaxial video out jack yata (sorry i forgot). IN SHORT, WALA PO ITONG SURROUND HOME THEATER SPEAKER AUDIO JACKS AT ALL.

2. Multi volt siya 110/20volts.

3. Made in China but no specific address like those in previous Nextbase modles (shenzhen china).

4. It carries TECHPOINT ENTERPRISES WARRANTY SEAL.

That is all I can share for the moment. The price pegged when I asked was 3,600pesos pero di ako tumatawad pa; i was merely asking.

The interface of this unit is similar to the Nextbase DVD9000 slim. It is the Nextbase logo appearing in a orange-y colored wallpaper.

I cannot assess the performance since I do not own one. I just shared this information to you because if there is an OBVIOUS difference of this bulky DVD9000 from the previous Nextbases, it is the ABSENCE OF SURROUND SPEAKER AUDIO JACKS.

sincerely,

bestbuy88 wishing everyone a happy new year.

hello peeps! 8)

I just purchased myself a Nextbase DVD9000 from Watson's Photo Supply yday PM priced @ only P3,000! :) It is a simple classic DVD model w/o the DTS decoder, surround sound audio jacks and progressive scan. I find it just fine for a DVD newbie like myself.
I originally set out to get the newer dvd-783 model but the ppl @ watsons advised me otherwise...madami pa daw bugs  :-\ I tested it a bit last night, put in everything from DVD, VCD, MP3, CD-R, CDA and even a CDRW w/ all types of files burned into it(mp3, jpg, .exe, zip)...the player was able to identify all mp3's and jpg's on the CDRW & play them! :o it may not have the extra features that most DVD enthusiasts require, but I surely cannot say im not satisfied with it... :) i'll be givin it the "test-drive beating" with my CSI and TAKEN marathons sa day off ko...we'll see if it's got stayin power  ;D

...only downside :-\: DVD9000 doesn't have LCD display, w/c may be a big deal for others, but not for this muchacho. For those of you interested in buying this model, meron stock pa ung watsons or you can call em @ 7336797

peace out! 8)

tha kash

Tha Kash

Offline bestbuy88

• Collector
  • Hello!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1537 on: Jan 18, 2004 at 05:41 AM »
hi,

may i ask you again on the new nextbase you bought?

after you said it is the no flourescent display type, it affirmed that you bought the new generation dvd9000 which comes in aluminum silver color and it is bulky. it only has one reddish plastic square on the front chasis which houses the remote control infrared device, correct?

i would like to ask you regarding your claim that this specific unit has surround speaker jacks. i doubt that. i saw this unit and the audio jacks i saw were simply for the left and right speakers; it did NOT have the front center rear audio jacks for 5.1 home theater use.

can you please recheck since this is one of the major factors that i saw in this nextbase unit that i found to be less than ideal. if this unit had complete audio jacks, then I could have bought one too and tried it at home.

please verify my claim?

and you said it has built in dts decoder too? hmmmm.... now that is interesting indeed.

sincerely,

bestbuy88

Offline SiCkBoY

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 47
« Reply #1538 on: Jan 18, 2004 at 06:24 AM »
Bro, sabi nya "w/o DTS decoder."

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1539 on: Jan 19, 2004 at 06:16 PM »
hindi lang yun sickboy...

"w/o (without) the DTS decoder, surround sound audio jacks and progressive scan".

this is indeed a very "barebones" player indeed... pero super mura and has that uncanny nextbase ability na hindi mapili sa discs.  ;D

BTW, i have since visited watson's thrice since th new year and still no word about my busted remote! techpoint... halp!  ::)
« Last Edit: Jan 19, 2004 at 06:17 PM by SPaCeMaN SPiFF »

Offline jake_kash

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1540 on: Jan 19, 2004 at 08:58 PM »
hindi lang yun sickboy...

"w/o (without) the DTS decoder, surround sound audio jacks and progressive scan".

this is indeed a very "barebones" player indeed... pero super mura and has that uncanny nextbase ability na hindi mapili sa discs.  ;D

BTW, i have since visited watson's thrice since th new year and still no word about my busted remote! techpoint... halp!  ::)

Ola muchachos! 8)

Thanks for the clarifications spiff and sickboy  ;) My apologies to Bestbuy if my specs were a bit unclear in some way....yup2 its as-basic-a-DVD-player as can possibly be. I'm still playin around with the remote and stuff...it has DTS/Dolby sound mode displays if im not mistaken...i guess i'll need to set up my sound system before i could fully appreciate these features...for now i'm using my cinemaborg's speakers,and when i press the "3D" button on the remote, my TV starts to tremble!!  ;D.  If you guys need me to check anything out on my player just let me know ayt?

peace out! 8)

tha kash
Tha Kash

Offline natzki

• Apprentice
  • I'm a VIDEOGAMER
  • Liked:
« Reply #1541 on: Jan 20, 2004 at 05:52 AM »
hey jake kash,

congrats on your new nextbase! :)  balitaan mo nalang kami sa performance nya sa pag torture test mo coz pag nakatagal yan and it can read kahit anong dvd then i have to buy one na :) hehehe...
by the way bro, can it play mpegs?

natzki

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1542 on: Jan 20, 2004 at 02:26 PM »
hey jake kash,

congrats on your new nextbase! :)  balitaan mo nalang kami sa performance nya sa pag torture test mo coz pag nakatagal yan and it can read kahit anong dvd then i have to buy one na :) hehehe...
by the way bro, can it play mpegs?

natzki

if you have an mpeg file, why not burn it as a VCD (or SVCD) na lang? that way you can play anywhere pa.  ;D

unless that was a typo and you meant "jpegs"? if so... yes, it can play jpegs.  ;)

Offline Bluebeard

• Collector
  • Go4it
  • Liked:
« Reply #1543 on: Jan 20, 2004 at 06:22 PM »
...can it play mpegs?

natzki

fyi... yes it can play mpg1 or mpg2. I converted all my videocam avi's into mpgs and burned them to a dvd-rw or dvd-r media using a lite-on dvd writer.
Better resolution than vcd's.  Btw. nxtbase9000 slim can't read dvd+r disks.

Offline levi

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Sevilla and Sons Sausages
  • Liked:
« Reply #1544 on: Jan 20, 2004 at 09:01 PM »
reposting

Hi!

Am a newbie here but mga 2 months na akong lurker. Upon reading your posts i was convinced to get a Nexbase DVD 9000 the problem is that i can't disable the parental lock.  

Is there a generic code that i can key in to reset it.

Thanks!

Offline Philander

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1545 on: Jan 21, 2004 at 02:38 PM »
try 8888 to reset the code.

Offline jake_kash

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1546 on: Jan 21, 2004 at 03:58 PM »
Buenos Umagaz!! 8)

The results of the DVD9000 test drive...day 1, played 4 dvdz straight (finding nemo, the hulk, speed 2, jeepers creepers 2), afterwards, my michael buble CDA and finally, the Lion King DVD...My kid sister even spent about an hour playing the Lion King games/extra features :)...so far so good. No hangs, stops or skips.
As far as audio is concerned, well, naawa ako sa tv ko kya i connected the DVD audio-out to the Auxillary A/V of my Kenwood Component System. Its all good! ;D

JM, just hope u realize b4 u buy this unit na sobrang simple lng tlga sha...pero mura ;D pag aralan mu ung specs, baka mabitin ka kc

Levi/icmoya, may i suggest you try calling Techpoint Service Center @ 245-64-95 regarding the parental lock feature ;).

Natzki brother! tuloy p rin ang "torture test"  ;D will kip u posted on the file types na pde p nya basahin.

Peace out! 8)

tha kash

Tha Kash

Offline jake_kash

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #1547 on: Feb 24, 2004 at 06:33 AM »
Good Day peeps!

Updates lng po sa NB9000 ko  ;D last sunday, i played halfway thru season 1 of ALIAS...whole day...nonstop (well, occassional pauses in between for ligo and CR breaks)...thats like 10-11 episodes!! And i'm proud to say, no skips, hangs, or any other bugs noticed whatsoever, w/ noticeably minimal heating din  :o
Few of my buddies are impressed w/ the features this player has to offer, pro sigurado ako mabibilib sila sa performance nya ;) . For a while i was seriously thinkin about replacing my NB9000 w/ a newer model like the 783 or kebao w/ DTS para todo set-up na sa sounds...but now ive decided to stick to my player and just get myself one of those 5.1 speakers+amp+receiver sets...can anybody give some surefire suggestions? Anu ung maganda na di ganu costly na set-up? I've heard of Xenon, Roxin, etc.
DVD gurus and homies, help  ???

peace out  8)

tha kash
Tha Kash

Offline mdsaint3

• Collector
  • My avatar is my dog!!! She bites!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1548 on: Mar 09, 2004 at 01:38 PM »
any 1 have the code for nextbase remote? im using a philips learning /universal remote.. any one? thanks
« Last Edit: Mar 09, 2004 at 01:38 PM by mdsaint3 »

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #1549 on: Mar 09, 2004 at 02:16 PM »
If it's a learning remote, you can train the nextbase  remote's infrared signals towards the Philips remote and the latter will learn the commands by pressing the proper equivalent buttons on both remotes.  Check the Philips manual on how to do this.

Offline arivee

• Apprentice
  • o wat a peeling!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1550 on: Mar 10, 2004 at 12:59 PM »
I've been doing some backing up of my original dvds (gold edition Hercules).

Whenever I put in my backup on my good old reliable nextbase there is a 'camera' figure with 1/3 on the upper right side of the screen.

The way I understand it, its because it has a multi angle view option.  But when I press 'angle' button on the remote nothing happens.

Now the kids dont care about angle views, but its annoying to see that icon - is there a way for me to disable that.

My apologies to the moderators if this type of post has been posted on the forum.

Thanks.

Offline dunforgiven

• DVD Addict
  • Before you see the light, you must die!!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1551 on: Mar 15, 2004 at 10:22 AM »
my current set-up is NB-9000-315 connected to a rongxin 89dv speaker system. pero gusto ko na mag-upgrade ng setup so i'm planning to buy an av receiver and new speakers.

question: pwede ko ba gamitin yung optical out nung nextbase to connect to the av receiver (not sure kung may coax out)? magkaiba ba ang audio quality ng generic and branded players when using coax or optical outs going to receivers?
Picture quality over plot

Offline Philander

• Trade Count: (+43)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1552 on: Mar 15, 2004 at 10:40 AM »
my current set-up is NB-9000-315 connected to a rongxin 89dv speaker system. pero gusto ko na mag-upgrade ng setup so i'm planning to buy an av receiver and new speakers.

question: pwede ko ba gamitin yung optical out nung nextbase to connect to the av receiver (not sure kung may coax out)? magkaiba ba ang audio quality ng generic and branded players when using coax or optical outs going to receivers?

Yes, nextbase has digital coax and optical outs which you can use to connect with AV receiver.

Remember pag digital connection ang gamit mo, ang magdedecode at ang magpaprocess ng sound is yung outboard decoder (AVR), so the sound will depend on the receiver. Basically hindi usapan kung branded or not ang player mo...
« Last Edit: Mar 15, 2004 at 10:43 AM by Philander »

Offline H a n $

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1553 on: Mar 15, 2004 at 10:41 AM »
dunforgiven,

If you connect your DVD player (brand or generic ) via Coax or toslink you'll be using the DAC of the AVR mo and mostly ganun ang connection na gamit for HT sir. ;D

Offline dunforgiven

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1554 on: Mar 15, 2004 at 10:49 AM »
alright!!! thanks philander and hans! akala ko kasi kailangan ko pa bumili ng branded ng player.

medyo OT pero follow-up question, what is the most preferred connection, coax or optical?

Offline H a n $

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Gulaman time!!
  • Liked:
« Reply #1555 on: Mar 15, 2004 at 12:50 PM »
dunforgiven,

Gamit ko sir Coax..

Offline j_albert22

• DVD Guru
  • SARS LUMAYO KA
  • Liked:
« Reply #1556 on: Mar 15, 2004 at 07:42 PM »
sir dunforgiven sent u pm
« Last Edit: Mar 15, 2004 at 07:42 PM by j_albert22 »

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1557 on: Mar 15, 2004 at 08:13 PM »
I've been doing some backing up of my original dvds (gold edition Hercules).

Whenever I put in my backup on my good old reliable nextbase there is a 'camera' figure with 1/3 on the upper right side of the screen.

The way I understand it, its because it has a multi angle view option.  But when I press 'angle' button on the remote nothing happens.

Now the kids dont care about angle views, but its annoying to see that icon - is there a way for me to disable that.

My apologies to the moderators if this type of post has been posted on the forum.

Thanks.

you can disable it in the setup menu:

general -> angle mark -> off

it's that easy.  ;D

Offline dunforgiven

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #1558 on: Mar 19, 2004 at 02:04 PM »
mga bossing, follow-up question dun sa mga tinanong ko previously:

since balak ko ikabit yung nextbase sa av receiver, pero walang DTS yung nextbase di ba? lulusot pa rin ba ang DTS signal sa optical or coax link going to the av receiver?

Offline SPaCeMaN SPiFF

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
« Reply #1559 on: Mar 21, 2004 at 04:18 AM »
mga bossing, follow-up question dun sa mga tinanong ko previously:

since balak ko ikabit yung nextbase sa av receiver, pero walang DTS yung nextbase di ba? lulusot pa rin ba ang DTS signal sa optical or coax link going to the av receiver?

may DTS yung nextbase units... but the 9000 models only have a pass-thru, while yung ibang models yata may built-in decoder. so kahit na naka RCA cables ka lang may sound pa rin na lalabas kapag newer model yung ginagamit mo.  ;)