Author Topic: 42" Plasma at P78,000, any good?  (Read 1878 times)

Offline New_comer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
42" Plasma at P78,000, any good?
« on: Sep 17, 2006 at 09:28 AM »
I saw yesterday at Listening room an EDTV 42" plasma set , Ivision ata yun, selling for 78Thou. The HD verion  1024x768 costs 88Th naman. This beats, by far, the 100K EDTV Hitachi plasma I intended to get as a present to myself this Christmas.

Any comments on this would be most appreciated.

Thanks all ;)

Regards,

New_comer

Offline letranboy

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
Re: 42" Plasma at P78,000, any good?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 17, 2006 at 11:29 PM »
edtv is not good and an old model for me, 88k is to high for that brand. i guest you may consider an LG plasma 42' with free home theather, mic, wall bracket, karaoke songs, for old 111,000 the service is the best, LG manufacture der owned brand. 100,000 hrs 10,000/1 ratio. i owned one, i compared it with the samsung and pioneer. more cheaper,

Offline paolorenzo

• Trade Count: (+684)
  • DVD Guru
  • Triple Double Monster!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #2 on: Sep 19, 2006 at 01:09 PM »
This beats, by far, the 100K EDTV Hitachi plasma I intended to get as a present to myself this Christmas.

I'm actually eyeing the Hitachi 42PD380TA unit myself.  P99,950 na lang for a 42" EDTV, complete set na.  Parang di ako kampante sa I-Vision...  Ganda sana yung Hitachi, pero the only downside is the LG Panel it uses (and this isn't a real downside, it's just a matter of impression).  Sana meron feedback from actual Hitachi owners...   ;)

Offline New_comer

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #3 on: Sep 20, 2006 at 12:34 AM »
Thanks, guys! Appreciate your inputs...  ;)

I was able to check the PQ of the LG 42" that was on display at the Megatrade hall a couple of months back. It was selling at 115K ata nuon. All in all, I'm not too impressed with the pale black it rendered, though design-wise, it looked very smart.

Up to now, I haven't found any 'cheap' brand that can remotely match the blacks that the Panasonic 42PWD8 can generate. But its too expensive at 120K, less speakers & tuner, just the monitor.

As regards the I-vision, one thing going for it is that it's using a Samsung panel. Comparatively, its a mismatch against the PWD, but I guess I can live with that considering the 30K-40K I still would have in my pocket.
As I won't be using this as a computer monitor, an EDTV would do just fine. Pang karaoke nga lang talaga ito, pang-wow sa bisita during Christmas.  ;D

If anyone can point me to a website that describes this product in more detail, that would be a big help. Thanks again...

Regards,

New_comer

Offline dc1

• Apprentice
  • Liked:
« Reply #4 on: Sep 20, 2006 at 07:45 AM »
Try Microtek Plasma TV, I think they're on sale until the end of September. P79,000 for a 42" plasma tv.

MIKROTEK PLASMA TELEVISION
American Technologies Inc., the Exclusive Distributor of Microtek Plasma TV
in the Philippines, are offering you the real brand that is sleek and
high-tech in design.

7230601 to 10 ;)

Offline av_phile1

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Cheers from a movie and music lover
  • Liked:
« Reply #5 on: Sep 20, 2006 at 10:14 AM »
I wouldn't even think of getting an EDTV at those prices at this time.  Better just save up for a HDTV.  And if you have 70T or 80T cash for one, i would suggest partially paying a 36" or 42" Samsung or SOny LCD in cash and charge the balance to one of those 0% card payment schemes.   But that's just me ofcourse.

Offline t3nity

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Sep 21, 2006 at 09:08 AM »
I agree to av_phile.  Instead of getting an EDTV better get an HDTV.  Its a whole lot of experience.

Offline New_comer

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #7 on: Sep 23, 2006 at 06:24 AM »
Hello again  :)

Will it matter much in terms of viewing experience if most of the stuff I play are either DVD, DivX or MP4? How does an HDTV render videos of those type compared to an EDTV? The sales rep at Listening room insists that annoying artifacts are much more prevalent with HD than ED when playing TV or regular DVD/DivX movies...

Thanks for the responses.

Regards,

New_comer

Offline inevitabler25

• Apprentice
  • flying..
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Nov 01, 2006 at 03:51 AM »
hi m also a newbie here in pinoydvd...m planning to get a 42" plasma TV, m currently in Dubai medyo mura dito mga TV..m still deciding kung san ako bibili ng TV..can anyone help? regarding the price and the best buy? thank you so much in advance...
stop, look and listen...

Offline eijneb

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #9 on: Nov 01, 2006 at 11:27 PM »
hi m also a newbie here in pinoydvd...m planning to get a 42" plasma TV, m currently in Dubai medyo mura dito mga TV..m still deciding kung san ako bibili ng TV..can anyone help? regarding the price and the best buy? thank you so much in advance...

ako newbie din, pero if i have a chance to choose? il go for sony bravia, ganda talaga ito.

eijneb