Author Topic: want to upgrade, please help  (Read 617 times)

Offline maximusIII

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • sing no sad song for me
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
want to upgrade, please help
« on: Nov 06, 2006 at 09:57 AM »
hi audiophiles. just a newbie here. i recently bought a teac ht package. the avr is teac agd 8800. it came with bookshelf speakers rated at 100 watts rms.  i want to upgrade but i do not know what kind of speakers can my amp handle.  i am mainly interested in watching movies so the center speaker should be good.  as for the front speakers i want to have floor standers if possible.  i am willing to buy used items as long as they are in good working condition. i also want to upgrade slowly and later on buy a good amp. 

in the alternative if anybody is interested to buy my ht package just give me your best offer. i bought this one last september for 25 thousand and they are adequate for my needs right now.  its just that when the audiophile bug hits me...........

by the way the package consist of

teac ag d8800 amplifier am/fm tuner
teac dvd player, all read
six speakers, center, fronts, rears and subwoofer

this can be auditioned at 5th avenue, abenson  or any sm appliance store. the price there is 25k
painless set up, very good for movie viewing . i even use this for my tv viewing and i turn the speakers of the tv off to get clear dialogues
he is not poor who has so little, only he that desires much.