Author Topic: my av room  (Read 3498 times)

Offline agmjr

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
my av room
« on: Nov 30, 2006 at 06:34 PM »
hello po sa inyong lahat!

took some time to post this, kasi medyo dyahe with all your grand set-ups.  anyways, glad to have finally pulled this off (a lot of time was spent reading here to get some tips) :)

my av room (actual)

(plan)

equipment list

yamaha rxv750
aa audio speakers
samsung hd 741 dvd/sacd player
samsung 42" rptv
samsung dvd player with card reader
sony dvd player dvp-s705d
denon cd player (pier surplus)
denon integrated amp pma 390 (surplus)
Sony MD Deck Model MDS-S39
denon digital surround decoder model AVD-2000 (still thinking how to connect or integrate this)

yung mga wires naka tago sa cornice which surrounds the entire perimeter of the room.  The backwall and the right side has windows which i covered with a removable frame na may acoustic foam from uratex at saka curtain as an added treatment primarily para hindi maistorbo ang mga kapitbahay namin. 

pangit pagkakuha ko ng pics...will try to do it again.

comments, critiques, lait are all welcome ;D
« Last Edit: Jan 02, 2007 at 01:11 PM by agmjr »

Offline Pittri M.D.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Apprentice
  • Trust your ears and your own ears alone. Period.
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: my av room
« Reply #1 on: Nov 30, 2006 at 10:36 PM »
Napaka-humble nyo naman Sir...  :)

Anyway, nice gears and set-up.

Welcome to the Club po Sir!

Let me just say, and siguru agree mga people dito: "Hindi kung gaano kamahal oh ka-engrande ang set-up ang importante, kung hindi ay yung common bond natin na genuine love for great sound/music. That's what really matters. Incidental lang yung mga equipment."

Minor suggestion: Based on your pictures, mukhang hindi naka center sa room yung TV? Mas OK sana Sir kung pwede mo i-center yung TV para malagay mo sa ideal placement yung mga speakers. I noticed kasi na yung Left channel mo is closer to the left wall in relation dun sa Right channel mo with the right wall.

Once again, Welcome po!!!
« Last Edit: Nov 30, 2006 at 10:48 PM by Pittri M.D. »
True Love for Sound & Music is Primary, Equipments are Incidental

Offline du1mij

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2006 at 12:41 AM »
Your plan is as grand as the actual room itself--congratulations!  It looks like your room is "L"-shaped which is probably the reason why you couldn't center your setup (or at least it appears flushed to the left wall).

Question lang po, are you in the construction/architecting/interior designing business?  Ang ganda nung pagkakagawa ng plano, pati na rin yung actual room.  And you were even able to hide the cables sa cornice.  Ang linis, ang galing!

Offline deo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • DVD Guru
  • 'Evening...commissioner :D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #3 on: Dec 01, 2006 at 03:50 AM »
wow exciting! :)

Offline accastil

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • DVD Guru
  • music and me
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 18
« Reply #4 on: Dec 01, 2006 at 05:23 AM »
better f you could move your speakers forward at least at par with the front plane of your AV rack. it seems the sound is being blocked off by the rack with this current set up...or, you may move the rack on the right side, facing the right wall so as not to get in the way of the sight and the sound of your system...generally, your gear and the way you presented it is really good and impressive. good job!
im allan - 09178087173

Offline dieselsy

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #5 on: Dec 01, 2006 at 09:03 AM »
wow nice and neat.cool; gears :)
congrats sir
DCS Network Bridge
DCS Scarlatti DAC
DCS Scarlatti Clock
Plinius SA 100
Harbeth P3 40th Anv

Offline du1mij

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #6 on: Dec 01, 2006 at 01:50 PM »
better f you could move your speakers forward at least at par with the front plane of your AV rack. it seems the sound is being blocked off by the rack with this current set up...or, you may move the rack on the right side, facing the right wall so as not to get in the way of the sight and the sound of your system...generally, your gear and the way you presented it is really good and impressive. good job!

Yes, I agree.  Or if you're not putting anything in the right portion of the "L", you may want to put your gears there so it will be out of the way of your speakers.

Enjoy!  :)

Offline newbie pa rin

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • DVD Addict
  • Hi, newbie here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 19
« Reply #7 on: Dec 01, 2006 at 02:47 PM »
Great setup sir.
Very nice.

You could also try to widen the distance of your speakers put it on the sides of the rack as some suggested.
Add'l volume on the right since mas malaki ang space that the right speaker need to cover.

Where there is no vision, the people perish

Offline Vhongbiker

• DVD Addict
  • musika atbp.
  • Liked:
« Reply #8 on: Dec 02, 2006 at 07:54 AM »
very nice!!!
congrats ;)
Pray not for a lighter burden,
but for a stronger back....

Offline Abad Santos 7

• Trade Count: (+24)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 17
« Reply #9 on: Dec 02, 2006 at 12:20 PM »
You have already a very good gears....Congrats....

But it will maximize the potential should you concentrate on the room.....

Cheers....

Offline ronjet

• Trade Count: (+23)
  • DVD Addict
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 98
« Reply #10 on: Dec 02, 2006 at 12:40 PM »
Congrats sir! konting adjust lang sa placement ng speakers siguradog mas ok na yan sir! enjoy! ;D

Offline agmjr

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #11 on: Dec 04, 2006 at 03:08 PM »
ty po sirs.  actually, di talaga siya sentro because of waf.  yung left side ay naka abang na rin sa computer which will also be hooked up to system. abang na rin wires nun. ty po sa comment. keep it comin' guys.

Offline jojitv

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Into The Blu...
  • Liked:
« Reply #12 on: Dec 05, 2006 at 01:28 AM »
Great gears sir. Goodluck on your new setup.   :)
SARS!!!

Offline MAtZTER

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • More POWER to your HT! literally ...
  • Liked:
« Reply #13 on: Dec 05, 2006 at 10:29 AM »
My suggestion is to put the racks beside the TV, then use a center speaker stand and bring forward the front speakers. I was experiementing with speaker placement last month on both my setup and my friend's.

Correct speaker placement will really boost your system's sound.  Improvements are very audible when done correctly.

It is recommended that the 2 front speakers have nothing obstructing in between, and the center speaker be a bit behind the 2 speakers. I recently moved my equipment rack closer to the wall so the front speakers will have less obstructions. The effect was marvelous, para akong nag upgrade ng buong setup.
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2006 at 10:32 AM by MAtZTER »

Offline barrister

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • cessante ratione legis, cessat ipsa lex
  • Liked:
« Reply #14 on: Dec 10, 2006 at 02:03 PM »
Ganda ng gears mo, sir.  Napaka humble mo naman.   :)

Your biggest problem is speaker placement, since your options are severely limited by the shape of the room.  With your present arrangement, the speakers will not be able to image properly because your equipment rack is blocking the left-right soundfield.

Why not try reversing the position of the TV + speakers and the sofa.  Move the TV + speakers to the opposite side, and move the sofa to the other end.  Use the vacant space to the left of the sofa for the AV rack and other gear.  You'll need longer wires, but you'll also gain the following advantages:

1.  Clear space between and in front of the left and right speakers;
2.  The AV rack and equipment are closer to the viewer/operator;
3.  The TV and AV gear are farther away from the aircon (Equipment too close to an aircon unit might get ruined by internal moisture build up). 
4.  The viewer is closer to the aircon (Allows lower thermostat setting, thereby reducing electrical consumption).
« Last Edit: Dec 10, 2006 at 02:09 PM by barrister »

Offline juneaki

• Trade Count: (+69)
  • DVD Guru
  • Mangyan ng Mindoro
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 68
« Reply #15 on: Dec 14, 2006 at 03:30 PM »

Why not try reversing the position of the TV + speakers and the sofa.  Move the TV + speakers to the opposite side, and move the sofa to the other end.  Use the vacant space to the left of the sofa for the AV rack and other gear.  You'll need longer wires, but you'll also gain the following advantages:

1.  Clear space between and in front of the left and right speakers;
2.  The AV rack and equipment are closer to the viewer/operator;
3.  The TV and AV gear are farther away from the aircon (Equipment too close to an aircon unit might get ruined by internal moisture build up). 
4.  The viewer is closer to the aircon (Allows lower thermostat setting, thereby reducing electrical consumption).

I fully agree with the suggestion. ;)

Offline deo

• DVD Guru
  • 'Evening...commissioner :D
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #16 on: Dec 17, 2006 at 08:13 AM »
nice setup ;D

Offline agmjr

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #17 on: Jan 02, 2007 at 01:17 PM »
happy new year sa lahat!
and ty po sa mga comments!
Why not try reversing the position of the TV + speakers and the sofa.  Move the TV + speakers to the opposite side, and move the sofa to the other end.  Use the vacant space to the left of the sofa for the AV rack and other gear.  You'll

much as i would like to, yung pintuan ay nasa opposite ng tv, so it would be awkward putting it there.  but i do really appreciate the comments.