Author Topic: Amazon.com - shopping, shipping, post office, customs Q&A  (Read 439266 times)

Offline Chet

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Amazon.com and Royale Logistics Philippines Delivery
« Reply #240 on: Aug 28, 2005 at 05:50 PM »
read the whole thread. :) i was kind of tempted to buy the amazon bargain dvd's but was reluctant since this would be my first time.

of course, i'll need to create an amazon account first. then place a dvd order and enter my precious credit card number. i'd be choosing int'l. standard rates?. verify amazon price and shipping costs. wait for 3-5 weeks upon placing an order. hope that royale logistics would deliver the order at my doorstep.

anything i've missed? :)

btw, any feedbacks on pasig post office?
many thanks!

Nope, that's about it.  Good luck!

Offline nicomd

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #241 on: Sep 21, 2005 at 01:04 PM »
But the lady at the releasing counter asked me for a P1,200 customs tax! I'm not really a haggler so I just said that I only had P500 (and I really did have only 500) and she accepted but said that she cannot issue a receipt for it.

Sounds like one of those corrupt government officials who continue to push this country down the drain. If I were you, I would have recorded her saying those thrngs thru a hidden cellphone, then asked her name afterwards. And if you're really brave, you could let her listen to her own voice, then tell her you'll file a complaint against her. For sure, she'll release your delivery to you no questions asked!

Offline pchin

• Trade Count: (+122)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HD-Men
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 4
« Reply #242 on: Sep 21, 2005 at 05:31 PM »
Sounds like one of those corrupt government officials who continue to push this country down the drain. If I were you, I would have recorded her saying those thrngs thru a hidden cellphone, then asked her name afterwards. And if you're really brave, you could let her listen to her own voice, then tell her you'll file a complaint against her. For sure, she'll release your delivery to you no questions asked!

Bravery doesn't pay under certain situations. The bad thing is the custom official will slap u with the actual payment or worst simply jack up the fee just to "pay back". In any case, in the future should u have another parcel...u can be sure they'll give u lots of "inconvenient" experience  ;D

Offline ralfy

• DVD Guru
  • I am the Mountie!
  • Liked:
« Reply #243 on: Nov 03, 2005 at 02:50 PM »
A friend from QC ordered books from Amazon and had it shipped to his office address. It arrived in two weeks and was delivered straight to his office. He also said that one should not order above $50 worth.

Has anyone from QC ordered from Amazon lately? What do you think of the advice above?

Offline patring

• Collector
  • I'm a llama!
  • Liked:
« Reply #244 on: Nov 03, 2005 at 07:56 PM »
i've always thought that was the rule that the post office follows.

Offline subtitle

• Collector
  • W
  • Liked:
« Reply #245 on: Nov 16, 2005 at 12:18 PM »
just ordered dvds worth below $50, using standard international shipping, to be delivered to my QC office address. delivery estimate is currently January 4, 2006 - January 19, 2006. we'll see how it goes.

btw, yung $50 limit for no customs tax, kasama ba dun yung shipping?

update: (nov.18)

amazon has sent me an email telling me that my order has shipped today. estimated delivery has not changed, it is still January 4, 2006 - January 19, 2006.
« Last Edit: Nov 18, 2005 at 03:45 PM by subtitle »

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #246 on: Nov 16, 2005 at 03:10 PM »
from experience, yes, post office officials include the shipping cost in arriving at a custom tax rate. too bad, no form of explanation would get through their fixed senses.

8)

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #247 on: Nov 17, 2005 at 08:23 PM »
A friend from QC ordered books from Amazon and had it shipped to his office address. It arrived in two weeks and was delivered straight to his office. He also said that one should not order above $50 worth.

Has anyone from QC ordered from Amazon lately? What do you think of the advice above?

I've recently kept all my purchases under $50, and haven't had any customs problems. Yes, shipping included.

As to where the item will be delivered and how fast, it's really very variable. I'm from New Manila, QC. Here's my recent order list, all under standard shipping, as an example:

Order #   Date Shipped:              From:                     Date Arrived/Where:                    Time Elapsed:
1              October 4                  Amazon UK              October 17/Cubao Post Office      13 Days
2              October 30                Amazon US              November 10/Home Address         11 Days
3              October 30                Amazon US              November 17/QC Post Office        18 Days
4              November 1               Amazon UK              NOT YET ARRIVED                       17 Days and counting
5              November 5               Amazon FR               NOT YET ARRIVED                      12 Days and counting
6              November 10             Amazon UK               November 17/Home Address           7 Days
7              November 12             Amazon US               NOT YET ARRIVED                        5 Days and counting
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline subtitle

• Collector
  • W
  • Liked:
« Reply #248 on: Nov 18, 2005 at 03:48 PM »
Mr. Hankey, what is the delivery estimate on your Nov.12 shipment from Amazon US? are Amazon's estimates accurate?

Offline qwerty765

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Collector
  • ako ay isang lyama!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 5
« Reply #249 on: Nov 18, 2005 at 04:12 PM »
Mr. Hankey, what is the delivery estimate on your Nov.12 shipment from Amazon US? are Amazon's estimates accurate?

Without preempting Mr. Hankey's reply... :)

In my experience, most of the time their estimate is quite accurate, give or take a few days. But my recent order, which was last Nov. 2, the estimated arrival of my order was supposed to be on Dec. 29. To my surprise  ;D, the package arrived last Tuesday, Nov. 15.

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #250 on: Nov 18, 2005 at 11:17 PM »

December 21, 2005 - January 13, 2006

Recently, my Amazon US orders usually arrive way before their Delivery estimate date. For example, orders #2 and #3 above, which arrived on November 10 & 17 (respectively), both had a delivery estimate date of Dec 7, 2005 - Dec 22, 2005.

Amazon UK orders usually take 5-15 days for me - before or within their delivery estimate. I'm worried about #4 above, since it's already 3 days overdue, and I even called the Cubao Post Office and had them check: it isn't there as of today.  :(

Amazon France orders are ALWAYS late for me, in the vicinity of WEEKS overdue. This is irritating, since their cheapest shipping option is MUCH MORE expensive than Amazon US/UK.

=====

Funny side note: Item #3 above is an R-Rated "classic" from the 1970s. I have no idea why, but for the first time, they decided to open my package at customs. The girl freaked out and said "Bawal po iyan, kino-confiscate namin!" then called her supervisor. I said, "Wala pong X-Rated sa Amazon. Rated R lang po iyan." The guy started reading the back of the package. His eyes widened, then he told me "Itago mo na" with an embarrassed smile.  ;D
« Last Edit: Nov 18, 2005 at 11:25 PM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline bubuchokoy

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2
« Reply #251 on: Nov 19, 2005 at 05:07 PM »
i ordered alanis morrissette's bargain dvd/cd feast on scraps way back august. true to their promised delivery date of oct. 27, i have received the dvd oct. 23 through rotale logistics.

very good!

Offline subtitle

• Collector
  • W
  • Liked:
« Reply #252 on: Dec 05, 2005 at 04:14 PM »
just ordered dvds worth below $50, using standard international shipping, to be delivered to my QC office address. delivery estimate is currently January 4, 2006 - January 19, 2006. we'll see how it goes.

btw, yung $50 limit for no customs tax, kasama ba dun yung shipping?

update: (nov.18)

amazon has sent me an email telling me that my order has shipped today. estimated delivery has not changed, it is still January 4, 2006 - January 19, 2006.

update: (dec.5)

i just received a notice from the quezon city post office at NIA road. i have to pick up the package from there.

slightly off topic: what's the best way to get to QCPO at NIA if i am at EDSA corner timog avenue?

Offline emvi_2000

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #253 on: Dec 05, 2005 at 04:22 PM »
Ordered for the first time (locally) from amazon last Nov. 18. They shipped my orders Nov. 20 with estimated delivery date of Jan 3-23. Package delivered to my office Dec. 2! Galing! ;) Nag-order tuloy uli ako Dec. 2 pm Manila time. They already shipped my orders na rin Dec. 2. Let's see how long delivery takes this time considering it's December na. I limited the total amount to less than $50.
« Last Edit: Dec 05, 2005 at 04:23 PM by emvi_2000 »

Offline subtitle

• Collector
  • W
  • Liked:
« Reply #254 on: Dec 06, 2005 at 10:34 AM »
update: (dec.5)

i just received a notice from the quezon city post office at NIA road. i have to pick up the package from there.

slightly off topic: what's the best way to get to QCPO at NIA if i am at EDSA corner timog avenue?

update: (dec.6)

i picked up the package at the QC Central Post Office this morning. the package had royale logistics markings on it. i didn't have to pay for anything, i'm not sure why. what was strange was on the package, aside from the amount i paid to amazon (items+shipping cost) which was $40.91, there was another shipping charge, which brought the total amount on the package to $50.91. the customs person told me that this time it was ok, but next time i will be taxed if the package goes over $50. who paid for that extra shipping charge? because i'm sure i did not.
« Last Edit: Dec 06, 2005 at 11:00 AM by subtitle »

Offline gaol

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • DVD Guru
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 29
« Reply #255 on: Dec 06, 2005 at 11:07 AM »
from experience, yes, post office officials include the shipping cost in arriving at a custom tax rate. too bad, no form of explanation would get through their fixed senses.
 8)

Based on my own experience importing stuff (directly and through a customs broker) for our office, this is how taxes for imported items are computed, inclusive of the shipping and insurance costs.

Offline subtitle

• Collector
  • W
  • Liked:
« Reply #256 on: Dec 07, 2005 at 01:13 PM »
update: (dec.6)

i picked up the package at the QC Central Post Office this morning. the package had royale logistics markings on it. i didn't have to pay for anything, i'm not sure why. what was strange was on the package, aside from the amount i paid to amazon (items+shipping cost) which was $40.91, there was another shipping charge, which brought the total amount on the package to $50.91. the customs person told me that this time it was ok, but next time i will be taxed if the package goes over $50. who paid for that extra shipping charge? because i'm sure i did not.

i looked at the shipping label closely, and i think i know what happened. the total declared value plus shipping cost of the item was $50.91. however, i only paid $40.91, because of the $10 discount when i bought a tv box set season 1 & 2 together.
« Last Edit: Dec 15, 2005 at 05:03 PM by subtitle »

Offline subtitle

• Collector
  • W
  • Liked:
« Reply #257 on: Dec 07, 2005 at 06:46 PM »
another question: let's say you have two different packages. each worth below $50. they both arrive at the same time. when you pick them up at the post office, will you get taxed? :D if yes, can you just pick up one package then pick up the second package the next day? :D

Offline red888

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #258 on: Dec 08, 2005 at 02:00 PM »
tanong ko lang e bakit ganun," amazon.com does not ship to this country " message sa akin when i tried to buy online from amazon? is there something missing here ?

Offline Chet

• Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #259 on: Dec 09, 2005 at 10:56 PM »
Depends on the item.  There some kinds of merchandise that Amazon cannot ship to certain countries. For example, Amazon cannot ship toys to the Philippines.

Offline emvi_2000

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Collector
  • Liked:
« Reply #260 on: Dec 14, 2005 at 04:28 PM »
Yahoo! My Dec. 2 order with estimated delivery date of Feb. 2 arrived today! It was delivered by our regular mailman straight to my office!  ;D

Offline everythingyouwant

• Collector
  • You can have everything you want....
  • Liked:
« Reply #261 on: Dec 21, 2005 at 07:18 PM »
does amazon.com even ship to the Philippines anything aside from dvd's?
 >:(

coz i tried doing with a printer but almost all that i want to buy and add in my cart and ready to check out doesn't ship to us. :(

anyone know of any online retailer that have reasonable prices that ships to the Philippines? :)

Offline everythingyouwant

• Collector
  • You can have everything you want....
  • Liked:
« Reply #262 on: Dec 21, 2005 at 11:51 PM »
apparently,even dvd's are not allowed to be shipped to us.bakit kayo,nakakapag shop naman,bakit eto nakukuha kong message:

*** We're sorry. This item can't be shipped to the country you selected. You can enter a different shipping address above, or you can remove the item from your order by changing its quantity to 0, then clicking the Update button. ***

Offline musichelle

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #263 on: Dec 28, 2005 at 08:30 AM »
question po.. pag box sets kaya, Royale pa rin ang delivery if ordered through Amazon US or UK? Kasi I'm planning to order some Friends All 10 Seasons and Sex And The City Collector's Gift Set from Amazon US and maybe Alias 1 to 4 from Amazon UK.. All of my past purchases (just started early this year) were coursed through Royale, delivered straight to the office.. Kaya lang I'm worried that they might have a different protocol being followed for DVD boxsets..

Appreciate any feedback po, kahit what you've experienced in the past regarding these things.
Thanks!!

Offline baby

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Guru
  • who are you calling a llama???
  • Liked:
« Reply #264 on: Dec 28, 2005 at 08:47 AM »
question po.. pag box sets kaya, Royale pa rin ang delivery if ordered through Amazon US or UK? Kasi I'm planning to order some Friends All 10 Seasons and Sex And The City Collector's Gift Set from Amazon US and maybe Alias 1 to 4 from Amazon UK.. All of my past purchases (just started early this year) were coursed through Royale, delivered straight to the office.. Kaya lang I'm worried that they might have a different protocol being followed for DVD boxsets..

Appreciate any feedback po, kahit what you've experienced in the past regarding these things.
Thanks!!
Your lucky that all your packages are delivered strait to your office.  Some of our members have to pick it up at their respective local post and were charged even it's via Royal.  For me,  If I order big items or box sets 50/50 ang chance na via Royal.  sometimes i got a package (12*9*4) box pero its not via Royal. >:(

If you order at UK.  It will be coursed through customs.  Not via Royal.  Royal applies only if you order at US.

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #265 on: Dec 28, 2005 at 02:58 PM »
as a rule, bigger packages are shipped by deutsch post. for Friends Limited Edition (which is out of stock btw) will be shipped using their carrier and you will be charged by customs big time.

for sex and the city, big possibility also.

8)

Offline musichelle

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #266 on: Dec 28, 2005 at 09:39 PM »
i see, big thanks for the info baby and sir hemi..

baby, most of the stuff that i order aren't really that big.. kaya siguro sa office na.

would using JAC be a better option then? though they charge by pound diba (or by volume?)? pero at least more or less wala nang customs crocs waiting around..

Offline hemisphere

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • On the Lot!
  • Liked:
« Reply #267 on: Dec 28, 2005 at 11:50 PM »
for big items, JAC would charge you volume weight. you may end up paying more than what you have bargained for.

8)

Offline THX1138

• Collector
  • Electronic Labyrinth: THX 1138 4EB
  • Liked:
« Reply #268 on: Dec 29, 2005 at 04:27 PM »
apparently,even dvd's are not allowed to be shipped to us.bakit kayo,nakakapag shop naman,bakit eto nakukuha kong message:

*** We're sorry. This item can't be shipped to the country you selected. You can enter a different shipping address above, or you can remove the item from your order by changing its quantity to 0, then clicking the Update button. ***

Only books, DVDs and CDs can be shipped to the Philippines BUT there are some books/CDs/DVDs that are also sold on Amazon but by third party merchants. Typically these are the out of print items. If sold by a third party merchant/seller then they only ship within the US.
« Last Edit: Dec 29, 2005 at 04:29 PM by THX1138 »

Offline musichelle

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #269 on: Dec 30, 2005 at 12:25 AM »
what would be the best way to order these boxsets po kaya?? through amazon kaya or another website?
(sorry po medyo makulit na..)