Author Topic: Amazon.com - shopping, shipping, post office, customs Q&A  (Read 426740 times)

Offline brummie

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Amazon.com and Royale Logistics Philippines Delivery
« Reply #390 on: Aug 30, 2006 at 11:02 PM »
I ordered an item from Amazon.com last June 13 to an address in Muntinlupa. I waited until their estimated shipping time expired with no item arriving. They then sent me a replacement order via expedited mail last August 15. Up to now I have not yet received my order. What do I do now?

This is the second time this has happened to me. Luckily on my first order last year the replacement order arrived 13 days after it was sent.

I suspect some bad elements in the  Muntinlupa PO since I also ordered last July but had the stuff sent to an address in Makati and it arrived in exactly 3 weeks.

Offline baby

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Guru
  • who are you calling a llama???
  • Liked:
« Reply #391 on: Aug 31, 2006 at 04:41 AM »
I ordered an item from Amazon.com last June 13 to an address in Muntinlupa. I waited until their estimated shipping time expired with no item arriving. They then sent me a replacement order via expedited mail last August 15. Up to now I have not yet received my order. What do I do now?

This is the second time this has happened to me. Luckily on my first order last year the replacement order arrived 13 days after it was sent.

I suspect some bad elements in the  Muntinlupa PO since I also ordered last July but had the stuff sent to an address in Makati and it arrived in exactly 3 weeks.
Send it to an alternative address.  Not in Muntinlupa.

Offline brummie

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #392 on: Aug 31, 2006 at 07:48 AM »
If lets say the replacement order does not arrive what does Amazon nornally do?

Offline brummie

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #393 on: Aug 31, 2006 at 08:30 AM »
Send it to an alternative address.  Not in Muntinlupa.

I actually thought of that when I was ordering my July order but since the replacement order of the previous order (Jamuary) arrived I thought that the lost one was a one time thing. My mistake was having the replacement of the current order (June) sent to MUntinlupa and not Makati

Offline baby

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • DVD Guru
  • who are you calling a llama???
  • Liked:
« Reply #394 on: Aug 31, 2006 at 04:00 PM »
I actually thought of that when I was ordering my July order but since the replacement order of the previous order (Jamuary) arrived I thought that the lost one was a one time thing. My mistake was having the replacement of the current order (June) sent to MUntinlupa and not Makati
Have you tried visiting to your local post office to check if may dumating na package?  Baka mga tamad lang ideliver yan mga yan.  Tapos pag matagal na walang magclaim.  They will will forfeit it to themselves. 

Offline brummie

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #395 on: Aug 31, 2006 at 04:33 PM »
Have you tried visiting to your local post office to check if may dumating na package?  Baka mga tamad lang ideliver yan mga yan.  Tapos pag matagal na walang magclaim.  They will will forfeit it to themselves. 

Well for this shipment no. I actually tried to do that for the order last January but as usual they denied they had any items and said for me to just wait. Nakasimangot pa nung kinakausap ko.

I wish there was some way that I can just have Royale do all the deliveries instead of it passing through Philpost.

Offline brummie

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #396 on: Sep 01, 2006 at 05:03 PM »
Here's another question for Amazon buyers:

I plan to pre-order an item which will be released in November. It's currently about $13.00 but there is a chance that the price will go down before the actual release date. So if I use a credit card will it be charged at the current price of $13.00 or will it be charged when the item is actually shipped (which could be lower)?

Offline RadicalDude

• DVD Guru
  • Bluer than Blu-Ray!
  • Liked:
« Reply #397 on: Sep 01, 2006 at 05:06 PM »
It will be adjusted accordingly if the price gets lower and you'll receive a notification. You'll get charged once the item becomes available and ready to be shipped. This happens to me on my recent pre-order of United 93.
The sun itself sees not 'til heaven clears.

Offline Munskie

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • HighDef Enthusiast
  • Liked:
« Reply #398 on: Sep 01, 2006 at 05:42 PM »
in the event that the price increased, you will be charge the same amount upon pre-ordering?  kumbaga price protection?

Offline RNIverson

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • SteelBooker ™
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #399 on: Sep 01, 2006 at 05:56 PM »
yep, your billing statement will only be adjusted when prices go down. great service huh  ;D

Offline aeris30

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #400 on: Sep 01, 2006 at 09:10 PM »
Well for this shipment no. I actually tried to do that for the order last January but as usual they denied they had any items and said for me to just wait. Nakasimangot pa nung kinakausap ko.

I wish there was some way that I can just have Royale do all the deliveries instead of it passing through Philpost.

Have you tried calling Royale Logistics to confirm if your package passed through them, coz Royale uses  the Pasay PO when forwarding packages that they don't deliver.

My latest order of 2 dvds from amazon last august 2 via standard international shipping was shipped thru DHL Global Mail with delivery estimate of Sept. 26, 2006...on Aug. 15 (two weeks after my order was shipped) tinawagan ko yung Royale Logistics kung may natanggap silang package from amazon para sa akin...they said they got it already and na-forward na raw nila sa Pasay PO...i asked bakit di sila ang nag-deliver (I live in Quezon city) ang sabi nila di daw sila nagdedeliver (but reading from other posts here, they do deliver, di ko lang alam kung anong location) ...pwede ko raw i-pick-up (ganon daw yung ginagawa nung iba)  kaya lang nga na-mail na nila so hintayin ko na lang daw...3 days after I got QC NIA PO's notice for my package...picked it up without paying anything...
Since you are using a Muntinlupa address dapat royale logistics should the deliver the package directly to you dahil nasa Muntinlupa rin naman yung office nila

Offline brummie

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #401 on: Sep 01, 2006 at 11:26 PM »
Have you tried calling Royale Logistics to confirm if your package passed through them, coz Royale uses  the Pasay PO when forwarding packages that they don't deliver.

My latest order of 2 dvds from amazon last august 2 via standard international shipping was shipped thru DHL Global Mail with delivery estimate of Sept. 26, 2006...on Aug. 15 (two weeks after my order was shipped) tinawagan ko yung Royale Logistics kung may natanggap silang package from amazon para sa akin...they said they got it already and na-forward na raw nila sa Pasay PO...i asked bakit di sila ang nag-deliver (I live in Quezon city) ang sabi nila di daw sila nagdedeliver (but reading from other posts here, they do deliver, di ko lang alam kung anong location) ...pwede ko raw i-pick-up (ganon daw yung ginagawa nung iba)  kaya lang nga na-mail na nila so hintayin ko na lang daw...3 days after I got QC NIA PO's notice for my package...picked it up without paying anything...
Since you are using a Muntinlupa address dapat royale logistics should the deliver the package directly to you dahil nasa Muntinlupa rin naman yung office nila

Well I should be able to ask the PO on Monday if they have it. But knowing them they will probably deny they have it. If that doesn't work then I shall call Royale.

The weird thing about the Royale delivery was in the one and only time I was able to get my order sent to Muntinlupa, it was handled by Philpost. Meanwhile the order that was sent to Makati was delivered by Royale.

One last thing: If let's say (knock on wood) the replacement order does NOT arrive by the estimated shipping time would it be a good idea to write again to Amazon.com? I'm just worried that if I do that then they might blacklist me since out of the 5 shipments they sent me so far only 2 have made it safely?

Offline brummie

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #402 on: Sep 01, 2006 at 11:28 PM »
It will be adjusted accordingly if the price gets lower and you'll receive a notification. You'll get charged once the item becomes available and ready to be shipped. This happens to me on my recent pre-order of United 93.

Thanks I'm just waiting for another item, a music CD, to be posted for pre-order then I should be checking out a few items.

Offline inwe

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #403 on: Sep 07, 2006 at 10:00 PM »
I will be buying items for my school online from amazon. I just want to confirm once and for all if there really isnt a tax for amazon orders since I might be getting something around a thousand $ for the school.

Offline allanmandy

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Mathematical!
  • Liked:
« Reply #404 on: Sep 07, 2006 at 11:08 PM »
Wherever did you get this idea? Of course you will be taxed. And very heavily at that. But hey, if your school's gonna pay for it, then by all mean, swipe away!

Offline inwe

• Apprentice
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #405 on: Sep 08, 2006 at 06:56 PM »
I was actually referring to the very unpredictable custom's tax ... i can't make the school pay for that much "tax" since it took me sometime to convince them that buying it online is cheaper... it might turn out to be more expensive because of the postal office charges.

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2400
Amazon question
« Reply #406 on: Sep 13, 2006 at 12:06 PM »
hello im sorry I may sound stupid fairly new here and also lazy to read thru amazon and look for the topic regarding this in this forum. Just have a question for those who order from amazon online. Is it safe to use your credit card. Actually I have the bpi ecard (I think thats whats it called) to be safer. However my limit there might be too small. 2nd question is around how much does the shipping cost, is it per disc or per shipment by weight. Are there any other fees. Pls give me an approximate for example:
I ordered James bond ultimate edition vol 1 and 2, it cost around 116 dollars whats my grand total. (just an approximate, so I have Idea) Sorry about this lazy to read and just trying shortcut and quick fix. Thanks

Offline reeves24

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Collector
  • "LUCK is when preparations meets opportunity."
  • Liked:
« Reply #407 on: Sep 13, 2006 at 12:49 PM »
i have ordered dvds, books and cds from amazon.com for the past 6 years now. delivery of parcel thru royale logistics phils. started around 2 years ago when i was residing in manila (i live in pasig right now). just recently i've ordered avp, kingdom of heaven and day after tomorrow delivered to our home in pasig and smallville season 1 boxset and batman vs dracula shipped to my mother's house in manila. both shipments were delivered to the said addresses by royale logistics w/o any additional cost. by the way, i've uses standard delivery shipment method and it took only around 15 days at the maximum before you receive the package. for me, amazon.com is still the safest online retailer of dvds, cds and books. thanks.

Offline reeves24

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Collector
  • "LUCK is when preparations meets opportunity."
  • Liked:
Re: Amazon question
« Reply #408 on: Sep 13, 2006 at 01:04 PM »
hi don't worry your inquiries sound reasonable enough. anyway, shopping to amazon using credit card is safe because amazon uses a secured/encrypted software for online transactions provided that you only accesses internet thru your own house or maybe your office (never in internet cafe and alike). shipping cost is based on per item (flat rate) and additional cost if you add another e.g. you ordered a 6 disc boxset and a single disc special ed. dvd. it will only count as a 2 item in your shipment plus base rate around $8.97, if you uses a standard delivery method. juss add it to your $ 116 total. but wait, your order is over $ 100++ your shipping will be defaulted to higher shipping method--priority. hope i've helped you in this matter. thanks.

Offline Moks007

• Trade Count: (+51)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Bond, James Bond
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 2400
« Reply #409 on: Sep 14, 2006 at 10:37 AM »
ok thanks cant wait to try out some shopping hehe

Offline brummie

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #410 on: Sep 14, 2006 at 11:25 PM »
Will I be paying any customs duties if I buy a few items which has a value of $49 + shipping?

Offline vincer

• Collector
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 1
« Reply #411 on: Sep 16, 2006 at 07:22 AM »
I ordered BTTF from amazon.com last august 26. I was so happy that it was delivered straight to our office in makati yesterday, sept 15. ;D btw, i got the BTTF v2...nice! :D

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #412 on: Sep 16, 2006 at 10:31 AM »
Will I be paying any customs duties if I buy a few items which has a value of $49 + shipping?

Yes. For some reason I cannot fathom until now, customs duties locally are computed WITH shipping.

My last Amazon purchase that arrived at the QC PO had everyone there laughing, since the total cost was $49.92. They even passed it around, with, "Ang galing o! 8 cents na lang" comments.
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline aeris30

• DVD Addict
  • Liked:
« Reply #413 on: Sep 16, 2006 at 10:50 AM »
Yes. For some reason I cannot fathom until now, customs duties locally are computed WITH shipping.

My last Amazon purchase that arrived at the QC PO had everyone there laughing, since the total cost was $49.92. They even passed it around, with, "Ang galing o! 8 cents na lang" comments.

Everytime I pick-up my Amazon package from the NIA QC PO, the lady at counter 37 always reminds me that I will be taxed if my purchase reached $50 up...

Offline brummie

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #414 on: Sep 17, 2006 at 10:32 AM »
I was hoping to save on shipping by having a lot of items sent in one shipment. But since there is a customs charge if it's over $50 looks like I will have to split my order up.

Offline gadgetguru

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #415 on: Sep 17, 2006 at 11:13 AM »
Hi everyone, new here.

I was just wondering if you bought an item from an Amazon reseller (on those pages created by a seller), who charges your credit card?  Amazon or the seller?  I trust Amazon with my credit card details but not with anonymous resellers.

And these resellers uses their own shippers (not Royal Logistics) I presume?  So the chances for local custom duties are higher?

Thanks for any insight...

Offline Mr. Hankey

• Kapitan
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Howdy Ho!
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 20
« Reply #416 on: Sep 17, 2006 at 02:34 PM »
I was just wondering if you bought an item from an Amazon reseller (on those pages created by a seller), who charges your credit card?  Amazon or the seller?  I trust Amazon with my credit card details but not with anonymous resellers.

And these resellers uses their own shippers (not Royal Logistics) I presume?  So the chances for local custom duties are higher?

I can't remember what was reflected on my credit card statement, but Amazon Resellers don't ship to the Philippines at all.
« Last Edit: Sep 17, 2006 at 02:40 PM by Mr. Hankey »
Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo... He loves me, I love you...

Offline firewired

• Kapitan
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • PinoyDVD Legend
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 7
« Reply #417 on: Sep 17, 2006 at 04:12 PM »
Amazon marketplace sellers use the Amazon Payments system. Your card is charged by Amazon and Amazon pays the seller. They don't get paid automatically though. I've actually had problems with a couple of sellers and Amazon immediately gave me a refund after conducting a brief investigation. Took 3 days only if I'm not mistaken and I was very pleased with the way things turned out -- so much so that despite the experiences, I still order a lot from the marketplace.
« Last Edit: Sep 18, 2006 at 07:19 AM by firewired »
PinoyDVD: The Pinoy Digital Video & Devices Community

Offline geckoph

• PinoyDVD Legend
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #418 on: Sep 17, 2006 at 04:38 PM »
OT: I noticed that major titles (example, "Cars" or "Over the Hedge"...) are priced lower than minor titles (example, "Akeelah and the Bee" or "Friends With Money" or "Thank You For Smoking"...). Is it due to the "Supply and Demand"? BTW, anyone here purchased those titles "Akeelah and the Bee" and/or "Friends With Money" and/or "Thank You For Smoking"?

FTT: So far, I'm satisfied with the service...goods delivered in 2 weeks...plus, I can't wait for my 3 pending orders...(1st, "GNGL" and "APHC"...2nd, "Joseph-King of Dreams" and "HSM-2Disc Remix Ed"...3rd, "An Inconvenient Truth" and "Transformers: The Movie-Anniversary Ed"...) ;)
« Last Edit: Sep 17, 2006 at 04:40 PM by phildo »

Offline gadgetguru

• Collector
  • Hi, I'm new here!
  • Liked:
« Reply #419 on: Sep 17, 2006 at 08:23 PM »
Thanks Firewired and Mr. Hankey for your replies.    My taste in movies is oftentimes niche genre or quirky movies that oftentimes Amazon don't carry but resellers do...

OT: The price difference mentioned by Phildo is probably because Major titles are more visible and subject to price comparisons... and sometimes, they are lost-leaders, meaning Amazon takes a hit for every sale in the hope that you will buy other items, much like what big discount retailers (like Walmart) do on the Friday (Black Friday) after thanksgiving by offering items like DVD players for $20 or less...